The Rifts® Sourcebook One Teaser is a hit

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

The Rifts® Sourcebook One Teaser is a hit

Unread post by Kevin »

I was thrilled to see more than 625 hits on the first installment of the Rifts Sourcebook One teaser. And that's in less than 18 hours after it was posted!

I'm glad so many people are enjoying it. Wait till you see where it goes from here . . . :)

The next chapter will appear tomorrow, Friday, February 2, 2007, the third will follow on Monday, etc. -- and they all build and build.

I also want to thank the many people who have made comments and speculations on where the story (and Archie) are going. As always, your generous and enthusiastic comments are appreciated.

We are pumped up about this book at the Palladium offices too. Sourcebook One was always be something special for me, too. It was packed with (at the time) exciting, new ideas, fun optional rules for making robots, and a butt kicking villain in Archie Three.

Working on it 15 years later brings back a lot of warm and fuzzy memories of a time when Palladium was on top of the world and Rifts® was the new "big thing" in role-playing. Nice. But more heartwarming is remembering working with my dear friend and artistic genius, Kevin Long. I remember we kept surprising each other with new ideas and designs, me with my writing, Long with his concept sketches and finished illustrations. ("Kev, what's that?" "Um, I don't know. Just a cool robot idea I drew up." "I want it!" "Cool. Hey, look at this, I call it a Bottweiler." "I want it too!" "Great, because I have this idea for the cover where you see . . . ")

Yep, good times full of creativity, excitement and fun. That's the atmosphere right now at the Palladium offices and among our freelance artists and writers scattered across the country, too. Ideas are exploding, excitement is at an all time high, and we hope to bang out one mindboggling, fun sourcebook and new game after another.

I'm just finishing up the section on Archie and his 'Bots this afternoon and I dive into the Republicans last. Then . . . we should finally be ready to go to the printer early next week!

I hope the book delivers as big as the online teaser story. I think it will. And kinda like the teaser, its just the first of many exciting new books we have planned.

Keep those imaginations burning bright.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, and Tease
© February 1, 2007

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”