Lazlo needs you!

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sir Neil
Adventurer

Unread post by Sir Neil »

Yeah, we were busy around Halloween.

But there's always space for more good writing! The active Society is down to like, eight guys and a dead girl.
As seen in Rifter 20
Called "disturbing" by Therumancer.
Was informed that "Recommending the destruction of a third of the nation is not appropriate."
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Lazlo Society is a great chance to free form role play and collabortive story tell with people outside your usual circle.

There are numerous existing plot lines that you could jump into or you could make your own.

You can create action oriented plots or mystery oriented plots or horror oriented plots or conspiracy oriented plots to your hearts content.

It's a great way for GMs to lay adventure seeds and a great way for players to post the results of their sessions.

It gives the BTS2 universe a pool of well fleshed out NPCs to work or compete with the players and a number of villains for you to use in your campaigns.

Besides BTS2 fans, Kevin does occasionally look in on those boards. If he sees a sudden surge in interested people there, I think he might find either the inspiration he needs or the requisite audience to get BTS2 related projects moved forward in the production schedules.

C'mon. You've been waiting for a new BTS expeirence for too long, come to Lazlo and make one.

Besides, all the cool kids are doing it. :D
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Sir Neil
Adventurer

CaptRory wrote:I didn't think there were even 8 of us.

I'd need to go count to be sure.

Assuming none of these are MUPs:

1. Ron Caliburn
2. Kon Thaak
3. AdamaGeist
4. Shadowstalker
5. Bert the Turtle
6. Willie Long
7. Celeste Darken
8. Bowie
9. Razor

The last two posted after Halloween, but before this thread was started.
As seen in Rifter 20
Was informed that "Recommending the destruction of a third of the nation is not appropriate."
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

We've had a few more users crop up in the last few days. Some old, some new.

Keep 'em flowing guys and gals!

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

However, we could turn that on its head and perhaps if Lazlo Society goes big, Kevin would have reason to beleive that the BTS-2 line will be a bigger money maker, providing more impetus to complete the core books.

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Yep, I've heard those rumblings too.

My current big plans are looking towards December and March

Garm
D-Bee

Unread post by Garm »

So over 2 months is normal for a activation?
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

We @ Palladium apologize for the delays in account activations. Pending accounts will be activating over the course of the next few days.

Wayne Smith was the one activating/maintaining the Lazlo Site, but has been extremely busy keeping with his regular duties @ Palladium. I will now be activating accounts there as well as keeping an eye on the place.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

So check your inboxes gang

I already see a least 1 new poster in action.

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

mind you everyone, I have about 300 pending accounts to sort through and determine if they are spam accounts or not. My goal is to get through all of these by Sunday, while going through new user accounts being setup everyday. (Today alone, about 15 people have registered. I can guess that about 10 of them will be spam accounts).
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Some of the accounts go back as far as Sept 30th (that I noticed).
Out of 80 accounts I went through today, about 3-5 of them were actual people and not spambots. About 180 accounts to go.
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

NMI, the King of Lazlo.

Sir Neil
Adventurer

The Deific NMI wrote:Wayne Smith was the one activating/maintaining the Lazlo Site, but has been extremely busy keeping with his regular duties @ Palladium. I will now be activating accounts there as well as keeping an eye on the place.

Will you also take on the roles of Lo Fung and Robert Mach?
As seen in Rifter 20
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Sir Neil wrote:
The Deific NMI wrote:Wayne Smith was the one activating/maintaining the Lazlo Site, but has been extremely busy keeping with his regular duties @ Palladium. I will now be activating accounts there as well as keeping an eye on the place.

Will you also take on the roles of Lo Fung and Robert Mach?
I am not sure who "ran" those accounts, but I can look into it.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

another 80 accounts down.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

All accounts that were pending activation have been sorted through and either activated or denied.

If you have not recieved an activation email within the past week, please re-register for the board and then let me know here, via pm the username and email you registered with so that I know the account is legit.
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Sweet.

A few more new folks have gone active and a few long neglected folks are back at it too.

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Yeah, looks entertaining. I'm jus wondering how a major supernatural incusrion like that will remain, ultimately, undetected by the populace at large.

Sir Neil
Adventurer

Jefffar wrote:I'm jus wondering how a major supernatural incusrion like that will remain, ultimately, undetected by the populace at large.

Good question. I wish they'd keep things more small scale. Anyway, if it is detected, the monsters have lost.
As seen in Rifter 20
Sir Neil
Adventurer

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad for the activity.
As seen in Rifter 20
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

We'll see what happens

In the mean time, I need to make plans for RC Post 1K

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

I'm sorry, but I have to ask . . . how did they get your mainbook twice?

Sir Neil
Adventurer

Lazlo is really hurting for arcanists. There's like a druid and some kind of autistic magic savant and that's it. Maybe I should dust off my guy from 1e.
As seen in Rifter 20
Sir Neil
Adventurer

:shock: :ugh: :cry:

For cryin' out loud. I hope it doesn't clash with their Desert Eagles and katanae.
As seen in Rifter 20
Sir Neil
Adventurer

CaptRory wrote:People actually miss Debunker, whom I am pretty sure was a Nega based on a few things that I've read.

The problem is most people that play negapsychics tend to play them as jackarses.

Originally, so was Debunker. Difference is, he earned credibility with his two rescue missions. After that, we knew he thought we were crazy, but we also knew he'd put his life on the line to bail us out.

I can't recall any other board negas, though.
As seen in Rifter 20
Sir Neil
Adventurer

He was also involved in the LA investigation.
Sir Neil
Adventurer

Yes, the one connected with Rifter ... 32? I count it as a rescue operation, since Terrance McVay had fallen under the thing's spell.

There've been three major operations so far.

The Society in Los Angeles

The Society in Chicago part 1

The Society in Chicago part 2

The Society in Cypress Cove

The first two were fun, but all these sound like Agency ops, according to the rulebook. I hope some characters get Agency invites.
As seen in Rifter 20
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

I'm just "myself" over on Lazlo.........

But I may post the exploits of my player group on rpol in a report format.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Well mr. Pendragon just popped up a notch. Contact 21 is Lazlo Agency and has started posting again.

--Remi Diel--
D-Bee

Unread post by --Remi Diel-- »

Well, I figured it was about time I joined in on the fun over on Lazlo. I'd imagine it won't be too hard to figure out who I am, I just hope I can keep up with it without life getting in the way.

Anyways, I have a question, I'm not sure if this has come up before or not but who over here is who over there? I know Jefffar is Ron, but other than him I won't even begin to guess who plays some of the characters over there.

- Remi "Nighthunter" Diel
19+ years and still posting.

"Never attribute to malice what can be adaquately explained by stupidity." - Robert Hanlon
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Yeah, a few PBPs have sneaked in.

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Panzer wrote:I will only hint by telling you that my character has been known to bravely run away...

on a side note, is anyone else starting to get REALLY annoyed by people not quite getting the IC message board concept?
I was thinking of sending out a mass email to everyone.
The reason for the mass email is to keep the message off the boards and by doing so maintaining the boards concept. I also want to address the use/creation of multiple accounts.
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Multiple accounts, to a certain extent, are actually quite useful for helping advance story lines and give us a greater tapestry of posters.

Thoug when that extra account is the bad guy logging in to taunt us . . . :nh

Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

The Deific NMI wrote:
Panzer wrote:I will only hint by telling you that my character has been known to bravely run away...

on a side note, is anyone else starting to get REALLY annoyed by people not quite getting the IC message board concept?
I was thinking of sending out a mass email to everyone.
The reason for the mass email is to keep the message off the boards and by doing so maintaining the boards concept. I also want to address the use/creation of multiple accounts.

I was just wishing that multiple accounts policy would be clarified. If not abused, it seems very useful for that board. Not here of course.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Tabloid Hound, Debunker, Huntress, Private Dic McVay, Mr. Loucifer, PSC27 and Faerie Chaser ar a total of 2 people for example.

That 7 identities, most of them prety prolific, well known and respected, that would be turned into 2 if we limited to only 1 account per.

If "Rhonda" is ever rescued she might set up an account as a supporting cast type. I wouldn't use it to spam things pretty heavy, but in character she would like to communicate with those on the boards who saved her life.

We jus have to be careful not to let the multiple accounts get abused and create wonky stuff that doesn't fit with the board that well.

We also need to make it clear, if we have to ban one of your accounts, we will ban all of your accounts.

Sir Neil
Adventurer

--Remi Diel-- wrote:I'm not sure if this has come up before or not but who over here is who over there?

I play Willie Long.

Who is NAIN ROUGE? I was shocked that someone else has read Warpath.
As seen in Rifter 20
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Not I or KonThaak.

I've ehard seculation relating him to Pendragon but I doubt it

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I know who he is.
Am I telling?
No!

:D
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Jefffar wrote:Not I or KonThaak.

That is some interesting speculation. Where did you hear it?
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

The Deific NMI wrote:

Just a PM tossed my way.

I had my own thoughts on the matter however.

But I won't spoil anybody's fun by announcing what I think and/or know.

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Jefffar wrote:
The Deific NMI wrote:

Just a PM tossed my way.

I had my own thoughts on the matter however.

But I won't spoil anybody's fun by announcing what I think and/or know.
PM me with who you think it is.
Sir Neil
Adventurer

Gah! I thought you caught on to my references too quickly! My wife even suggested we PM you and ask if it were you.
As seen in Rifter 20

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”