Open House/ Palladia-Con 2007

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Open House/ Palladia-Con 2007

Unread post by NMI »

This time around @ the Open House, I plan on running a Splicers game. Atleast now, I have plenty of time to plan it out. Make it 2-3 games that weekend.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Grey Death
Adventurer

Unread post by Grey Death »

No eternal HU game? :D
Hale Chidduck: Do you believe in karma?
Joe Sarno: Karma's justice without the satisfaction. I don't believe in justice.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Grey Death wrote:No eternal HU game? :D
I might run 1
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

I will run a second installment in the adventures of Formation 1.

Phase World haters need not apply.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I don't know if I'll be able to go, but it might be good to update the discription in this forum's name for the date of teh next one.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

"Sins of the Forefathers" will run this time (even if it has to be in the free area)! So Leo, DL, Spectre, Flecchi, you guys HAVE to come back!

I might try running another game or two as well... I haven't decided yet.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Braden Campbell

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Misfit KotLD wrote:Man, Phase World sounds good to join into, not sure which Juli will want though...

It was a hit last time around.

Players are members of Formation 1, an elite team of soldiers carrying out missions in the opening days of the Good Hope Rebellion.

Last time, they captured the satellite control center on Good Hope. This time they will have to rob a bank (the revolution must be financed) only to uncover something far more sinister...
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Braden, GMPhD wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:Man, Phase World sounds good to join into, not sure which Juli will want though...

Players are members of Formation 1, an elite team of soldiers carrying out missions in the opening days of the Good Hope Rebellion.

Last time, they captured the satellite control center on Good Hope. This time they will have to rob a bank (the revolution must be financed) only to uncover something far more sinister...

Well color me interested.

Get in it if you can. Of course, if I'm there, you'll have to beat me to it. I didn't quite manage to kill myself last time.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Spectre
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spectre »

Warwolf wrote:"Sins of the Forefathers" will run this time (even if it has to be in the free area)! So Leo, DL, Spectre, Flecchi, you guys HAVE to come back!

I might try running another game or two as well... I haven't decided yet.

Right now I have plans to be there... we'll see what happens.
"A little Rebellion now and then is a good thing." Thomas Jefferson
(To the tune of Ride of the Valkyries): Death and Destruction, Chaos and Carnage, Total Annailation Now!
300 Movie Geek Points
"I immediately regret this decision."- Jack Hare
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

I will be there and running events again!
Augur
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Creator of the best PBP sites online: Explorers Unlimited & Savage Rifts

Unread post by Augur »

I know of at least half a dozen of my crew that will be there.

Explorersunlimited.com will be representing at open House this time!

I think I will take my GM hat off and play like the nerdy twentysomething that's still inside me rolling to get out!
ImageImageImage
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Xar wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:
Braden, GMPhD wrote:

Well color me interested.

Get in it if you can. Of course, if I'm there, you'll have to beat me to it. I didn't quite manage to kill myself last time.

You didn't die but it was really close. i intend to retain my Wolven Heavy weapons officer.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Spectre
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Characters

Unread post by Spectre »

Sir Stogie wrote:I have a question. I have not been to a gaming convention of any sort before and plan to attend the open house this coming year. My only problem is that i don't know if I should bring my own characters or not. If I do would I likely be able to use any of them in any games?

I would bring a few characters (perferably not the most munchkin you can find) and a main book of the systems you plan on running in. Most of the official games will have characters premade for them, but people are always playing pickup games on the side. I got in a very enjoyable merc game with a LLW of mine.

On a different note, how many people would be interested in playing in an oriental Rifts game or a NJ&SS game? I'm thinking very seriously about running one.
(To the tune of Ride of the Valkyries): Death and Destruction, Chaos and Carnage, Total Annailation Now!
300 Movie Geek Points
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Spectre wrote:On a different note, how many people would be interested in playing in an oriental Rifts game or a NJ&SS game? I'm thinking very seriously about running one.

*Sniff* My little Spectre is stepping into his own with Palladium... it almost brings a tear to me eye. :lol: :D
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Spectre
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spectre »

Problem is... no one has replied. :(
300 Movie Geek Points
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Spectre wrote:Problem is... no one has replied. :(

I have a feeling that there aren't a whole lot of people that frequent these forums in-particular. My advice is not to sweat it and see how the crowd responds to your sign-up sheet at the Open House.
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Sir Stogie wrote:
Spectre wrote:On a different note, how many people would be interested in playing in an oriental Rifts game or a NJ&SS game? I'm thinking very seriously about running one.

My wife, and I would both be interested in a oriental Rifts game.

See, there you go.

You need any help getting things together, just get ahold of me. :)

Back to the thread...
Augur
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Creator of the best PBP sites online: Explorers Unlimited & Savage Rifts

Unread post by Augur »

My wife and I are definitely coming, I hope she'll be brave enough to run a BTS game or two. She's the best BTS GM I've ever played with. I would definitely be interested in playing in a Rifts, HU, or BTS game and will bring a variety of characters to play for each. :D
ImageImageImage
Spectre
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spectre »

ashe5k wrote:

For Rifts are you thinking Japan or China?

I'm torn on that one. I'm leaning more toward the Japan side. (I think I have a fairly good line that will work.) If I did Rifts: China, I would probably use the Mystic China stuff w/ conversions. There are a few things in the China 2 book i don't care for.
300 Movie Geek Points
Jeffrey W.
Explorer
Comment: Provider of quality Palladium Books gaming sessions in the Panama Canal Zone, Orlando Florida, Dallas Texas, Palladium Open House 2007, and Heidelberg Germany.

Rifts Arzno game available

Unread post by Jeffrey W. »

These sound like great games, and I hope to participate in a few of them.

I'll be available to run a Rifts: Arzno game for about 8 hours one of the two days of the event, but will have to limit the game to the first 10 players to sign up.

If there is enough demand, I might run a second game for the attendees, but will most likely shift gears to Player mode and enjoy the great gamemastering offered by several of the other fine GMs.

See you there in May 2007!

Jeffrey W.
(Lone Star state roleplaying delegation)

Return to “Palladium Open House”