I guess people like the idea . . .

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

I guess people like the idea . . .

Unread post by Kevin »

I guess people like the idea of the having their name turned into an "official" Palladium character, because there's been a surprising amount of excitement over it. Well, surprising to me. Something like 50 orders in just the first 12 hours since the post went up. Cool! It is a fun idea, and I intend to make each winner's name be a memorable character. Well if you want your shot at immortality as a published character keep those orders coming. :)

Likewise, pre-orders for Palladium's Rifts & the Megaverse -- The Art of John Zeleznik book have also suddenly taken off. Orders had been just trickling in, but suddenly, sales have started to come in fast and furious. The regular edition of the art book will sell for $29.95 (128 pages of color, tons of pencil and concept sketches, etc.). We'll probably only print 4,000-5,000 copies so even the regular edition will be rather limited.

The Masterworks Edition ($125 +shipping) seems guaranteed to become a valuable collector's item. First of all, there will be less than 200 total signed and numbered copies. Second, each comes with an [i]original pencil sketch[/i] that was used to make one of the covers depicted in the book! I still can't believe John Zeleznik is doing that. That was entirely John's idea. I have never heard anything like it. Talk about something truly one-of-a-kind, valuable and special. Awesome. No wonder the Masterwork edition of the artbook is beginning to sell fast and be snapped up by collectors. Third, the book should include every cover John's ever done for Palladium (which is a lot, and more than Rifts). And lastly, $125 is cheap for something like this. I can't tell you how blown away I am that John is doing this. Oh, hey, I don't remember if I have mentioned this before -- ONE of the pieces will be a color preliminary sketch. Again, all John's idea.

That's all, I gotta go number a bunch of prints and take care of other business. Have a fun and safe holiday weekend.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, and Busy Person

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”