nearly 2 months

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

agent_orange
D-Bee

nearly 2 months

Unread post by agent_orange »

Still no update. is wave 2 actually a thing or have palladium given up on Robotech already ?
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: nearly 2 months

Unread post by Spinachcat »

...and this is why I often hate the internet.

Wave 2 is in process...on as schedule using Palladium time. Maybe GenCon, more likely Christmas, possibly next GenCon. Whatever.

If you have Wave 1, get some players together and there's LOTS of gameplay in that first box.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

This is why you hate the Internet?

Because Palladium has reaffirmed a dozen times their promise to keep backers updated, including Wayne himself apologizing for the dearth of info back in March.

If they don't want to bother keeping us in the loop, they should stop setting themselves up for failure like that.
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

Forar wrote:This is why you hate the Internet?

Because Palladium has reaffirmed a dozen times their promise to keep backers updated, including Wayne himself apologizing for the dearth of info back in March.

If they don't want to bother keeping us in the loop, they should stop setting themselves up for failure like that.

Hey, holding them to a standard THEY SET FOR THEMSELVES, that's just plain unfair.

Similarly, just because they've often failed to be credible with statements of fact or categorical opinion in the past ("Robotech RPG Tactics, the game, will be at Gen Con. For sale. In quantity. There's not much question about that.") should in no way have people questioning broad statements about completion ("ALL Wave Two pieces are either done or in active development") just because they've misstated pretty much the exact same things in the past (see October to December 2013).

You should just be happy there's a 2 to 8 to 14 (or more) month schedule in place, and you'll get it whenever. You don't need to know the details. Just keep your hype levels at maximum, until they tell you to stop.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Maybe that is why they are keeping quiet, because of what happen in wave one. I ask recently, and they did say they have been very busy lately. And remember, there is only like 5 or 6 of them and most likely they have to many things in the fire, and when that happens, things tend to get forgotten or pushed back for other things. But, yes, I agree, they need to put out some new info on wave 2. Also remember that the Open House is only 9 days away, so that just adds more things for them to do.
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

Alpha 11 wrote:Maybe that is why they are keeping quiet, because of what happen in wave one. I ask recently, and they did say they have been very busy lately. And remember, there is only like 5 or 6 of them and most likely they have to many things in the fire, and when that happens, things tend to get forgotten or pushed back for other things. But, yes, I agree, they need to put out some new info on wave 2. Also remember that the Open House is only 9 days away, so that just adds more things for them to do.

When they announced they weren't going to have a "release date" for Wave 2, most people didn't have a problem. Hell, as a fairly staunch critic, I don't have a problem with that. That's completely separate issue to going silent, and showing little if any progress, though claiming substantial progress but kicking the can down the road.

As for the Open House, and before that Penguicon, and before that Adepticon (hey, that was given as the reason for the short Update seven weeks ago) being used as an excuse, that's part of the issue too. 9 days to the Open House. Then it's less than two weeks to Origins (if they attend). Then it's less than a month to GenCon. Then I'm sure there'll be something else. Couple that with two books, RT Marines and RCE:Ressurection due by the end of Spring (June 22nd in the US, as I understand it), having people question what progress is being made, on a project this delayed, isn't IMO asking too much.

Hey, I'm a world class procrastinator. I'd have medalled in the Procrastination Olympics, but I kept putting off registering. But when you take people's money, release part of it almost three times longer than the expected estimate (more than four for ROW), and show little movement on completing the remainder, that's a completely different issue. That these issues are met with vagueness, dismissals or insincere apologies, doesn't help the matter.

They claimed that some of Wave 2 is done. Show that. That'd be a start. If they're taking a hiatus to work on other projects, or because this part of the year is too hectic to do more than token amounts in between conventions, at least be honest with people. It's the whole "Everything is Awesome" interspersed with long periods of silence, that irk people. Would it make people unhappy? Yes. And with good reason. But people aren't happy already, so why not be? People are more forgiving of delays (see nearly every other project with delays where they are honest), as long as they don't feel like they've been taken for fools.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

It to bad that rrt has taken a back seat to their RPGs books. The way the updates are worded rrt came before anything else. Now it seems to be the reverse.

It's funny how some of the more rabid fan base is quick to dismiss those who want info. This kind of enabling is part of the problem. PB is a corporation not some mom and pop shop like some would like you to believe. They promised more insight and more communication. They should fulfill what they themselves have promised. No need to hate the Internet just because not all fans see a corporate entity as perfect.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Kryptt wrote:It to bad that rrt has taken a back seat to their RPGs books. The way the updates are worded rrt came before anything else. Now it seems to be the reverse.

It's funny how some of the more rabid fan base is quick to dismiss those who want info. This kind of enabling is part of the problem. PB is a corporation not some mom and pop shop like some would like you to believe. They promised more insight and more communication. They should fulfill what they themselves have promised. No need to hate the Internet just because not all fans see a corporate entity as perfect.

Isn't that what kind of happen with wave 1. They seemed to be so into it that it seemed to affect books coming out. It could be they might be trying to make up for it. In the end, I'm almost positive it comes down to people. They don't have enough to do all that they want to do, so their work suffers. And ya, I agree, they NEED to do some small update with wave 2.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Having amnesia must be rough. Remember how Wave 1 went? Then why all the consternation over Wave 2? Palladium works on Palladium time, whether you are a fan or not and whether you complain or not.

Kryptt wrote:PB is a corporation not some mom and pop shop like some would like you to believe.

The only reason PB isn't a mom and pop shop is that Kevin hasn't married Alex. :)
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Funny.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rr ... ts/1150566

Hey, guys. Wayne here.

I've been promising Wave 2 updates and pictures for a while now, but it has taken me so long to start posting them, some have begun to express some doubts. I’m sorry about that; there’s no reason you guys should ever feel in the dark so much that you start to worry about whether we’re even working on this stuff. Well, we are. ALL Wave Two pieces are either done or in active development. But pictures are worth more than words, so here you go.

If they aren't inclined to bother keeping us informed, they should stop telling us they're going to keep us informed.

Being "on Palladium time" is an explanation (though not an excuse) for taking 'forever' to deliver.

It in no way excuses 2 months of silence. And no, I'm not going to accept gushing at length over a dice bag, a brief 'hey guys places other than North America are getting stuff' note, or 2+ months of "OMG YOU GUSY OMG!" as anything but white noise at this point.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if the next info we got was from Open House attendees relaying it after personal chats with PB staff, as happened during Gencon.

I'm not ruling out Kevin finally spitting out whatever it is he's been holding back for the last two+ months, but they seem vastly more interested in talking about talking about the project, rather than just... talking about the project.

And like a countdown for a teaser for a trailer, it's wearing thin.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

[quote="Spinachcat"]Having amnesia must be rough. Remember how Wave 1 went? Then why all the consternation over Wave 2? Palladium works on Palladium time, whether you are a fan or not and whether you complain or not.

Problem is we do remember how Wave One went and let us be honest if it was merely that PB were producing another Rifts book etc from their own resources, so be it. However, they have taken money in to deliver and at the very least a little courtesy should be shown by at least trying to engage and inform their backers.

What really is getting under my skin is the one liners from the Weekly news promising great stuff is coming (for months now) and then whole paragraphs devoted to the fething dice bag.

PB is an established firm and let us be honest, can you say that nobody can find half an hour or so in a week to write a couple of paragraphs on the state of play - good or bad.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Joking aside it seems that's all people come up with so they don't have to face the truth about the real state of things is. To the super duper fans making jokes and scorning other fans doesn't help us or pb. If your so confident then please share what info you do have instead of having us guess and make useless supposition. By coming here and saying with confidence that wave two is being worked on and then not explain is just trolling at this point.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Locked for review.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”