First Game/Initial Thoughts

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

msg101
Newb

First Game/Initial Thoughts

Unread post by msg101 »

Finally had a chance to to pay my first few games of Robotech RPG Tactics. Long time fan of Robotech. I've played the 1st edition of the role playing game years ago. Today, I am more of a wargamer then RPG player.

I think PB has created a good 1.0 rule set, that is fluid works well, feels like Robotech and scales well (so you could play as a skirmish or large battle)

I played the UEDF and my opponent played Zentradi. Both games were 300 points and took about hour. I think the ideal game size will be 300 - 450 points. There is a lot of record keeping in the game and anything larger will get cumbersome especially for UDEF player since they have more missiles and damage points. Zentradi battle pods are usually killed with one shot.

We didn't play the line of sight rules correctly so I was able to shoot through his models which we realized after was not correct. The two missions we played were Dogfight and Pitched Battle. I liked the variable mission length. Longer games where you run out of ammo will be tense for UDEF since I found they need range and missiles to take down the Zentradi horde.

Overall, outside of Wave 2 which will give Zentradi more variety, I would like to see a different set of missions. They are a little generic and I think this is one area where there could be more flavor.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”