Oh Yeah baby!

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Grabula
D-Bee

Oh Yeah baby!

Unread post by Grabula »

Got my shipping notification today, finally!

I'm ridiculously excited about this game lol. The waiting hasn't really bothered me, I've gone with the attitude that I can't really miss what I don't have and it's worked for me.

I downloaded the digital edition of the Robotech book series yesterday and started reading. I used to own most of the paperbacks but years ago got rid of them with a lot of other books (got tired of moving all those books from place to place!). Reading them made me realize why I'm so excited about this game. It hit me that way back in the early 80's I used to watch robotech onTV. It was the kind of thing where I'd get up early because it was on at 7am. I'd watch it then after breakfast rush out to the playground to talk about it with my friends who were also watching it lol. For years I've been considering writing my own wargame based on robotech, and checked out some home brew rules from people who have. I even have a small collection of robotech models I'd intended on using but just never got around to it. I guess you could say this is a dream come true for one wargamer/nerd!

If you haven't read the books I recommend them. They're some more detail than the show and the writing is pretty solid.
In the middle of painting my first mecha!
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: Oh Yeah baby!

Unread post by jaymz »

Congrats - hopefully I get mine soon.....but not likely being in Canada.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Grabula
D-Bee

Re: Oh Yeah baby!

Unread post by Grabula »

I think it's worth the wait. I get that some people get upset when things don't work out the way they were told but, I mentioned in an earlier thread that I think a lot of companies are still adjusting to using KS. I haven't seen one reasonably sized KS hit their dates. I've participated in 3, all three were late.

I'm looking at 2015 as the year for Robotech Tactics! I'll get my stuff in the next week. I've got a lot of modifications to do so it'll probably take me 4-6 weeks to get everything assembled and ready to paint, another month to get things painted if I'm lucky. That means I won't be playing games probably until late december anyway. I figure by February I'll have some decent terrain built and I"ll be off and running!
In the middle of painting my first mecha!

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”