New player just stopping by to say hello!

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Grabula
D-Bee

New player just stopping by to say hello!

Unread post by Grabula »

Hey all, have spent a little time browsing the forums - I was signed into another forum for RPG tactics but I guess that folded? I haven't received my KS yet and probably my luck I'll have to wait on container 3 lol. What's the latest on the last of the KS shipping?

I'll be setting up a blog shortly for my Robotech project. I kicked in for Battlecry so should be getting plenty of mechs over wave one and two, plus I'll most definitely be buying more! My goal is to be able to put on a pretty big, nice looking convention game locally a couple of times a year so I'm going to need to build some terrain. Since I'm currently working on some terrain of around the same size for another game, I'll start throwing in some more robotech appropriate stuff!

I'm going with my own theme. I live in Colorado and plan to do some background for part of the war that spilled out into other locations. I'm working on the non-canon assumption that the war wasn't just fought on Macross Island but that most of the planet was under siege. The Colorado ANG has the 140th air wing I'll use as a base (the older F16's there used to have a tiger stripe paint job that was kind of sweet: http://www.markstyling.com/f161/08.F-16cua.jpg and http://modelingmadness.com/contests/ANG/bobbyd48f16.jpg. They also have space command and Norad (space mountain I like to call it) so I figure in the nearish future it's probably a pivotal place for a conflict with invaders from space. I'll probably rename the special characters for my background purposes and so on to keep with the theme. With Ft. Carson here as well I have some sweet plans for some Destroid units.
In the middle of painting my first mecha!
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Re: New player just stopping by to say hello!

Unread post by Phaze »

Wow... Good luck with the paint schemes, those would be awesome!
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
Grabula
D-Bee

Unread post by Grabula »

I think most of them will have the black tiger stripes to make the paint jobs simpler but I'll do the heroic pilot planes in the more colorful stripes, should be fun!

I did a test paint job based on some concepts posted to the other forum a while back:

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz19 ... 181101.jpg

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz19 ... 181655.jpg

I might change the green to grey and the bottom to a lighter grey then add the tiger stripes.
Grabula
D-Bee

Unread post by Grabula »

Here's a couple of shots of a building I'm scratchbuilding for another game system that will probably work for RRT as well:

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz19 ... 232001.jpg

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz19 ... 231955.jpg

I have to start watching the series again here so I can get the classic robotech architecture down, shouldn't be too hard.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

:D First, welcome to the site! And good luck with your projects! Looking good so far!
Grabula
D-Bee

Unread post by Grabula »

That valkyrie is one from a set of toys I got years ago. I ordered a couple of boxes of valkyries and destroids with the intent to put together my own robotech game but didn't get around to it lol. They're a little bigger than the mechs for the game unfortunately but they transform! I figured I'd test some paint jobs on those before settling on one for my minis.
Grabula
D-Bee

Unread post by Grabula »

as an aside, is there a matrix to tell what we get with the battlecry level? I can't quite remember and couldn't find much detail on KS.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Grabula wrote:as an aside, is there a matrix to tell what we get with the battlecry level? I can't quite remember and couldn't find much detail on KS.

There is an image on the main page of the Kickstarter. Also, if trying to see what ships as part of Wave 1 versus Wave 2, the information is on the most recent update on the Kickstarter.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Grabula
D-Bee

Unread post by Grabula »

So this afternoon I went on a quick shopping spree to buy materials for my RRT project. Since RRT is a particular scale and has a particular look, I plan on scratch building a lot of my terrain to be robotech appropriate. I'm watching episodes of Robotech to get the feel for the architecture and so on,mostly in the unique environments such as inside SDF 1 etc. I bought some styrene sheet .40 thickness. It comes in sheets of 2 to a pack for around 4-5$ US. I also bought some textured brick sheets at the 1:100 and 1:200 scale from JTT Scenery Products. I got them in different scales and textures to make sure my buildings have plenty of variation.

I also bought these:

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz19 ... 211948.jpg

They're 1:200 scale so slightly larger then they should be but they should be fine for decorating the streets of Macross City or the SDF 1. The larger vehicles might be handy for convoy missions as objective markers. Cheap too, you get the pack for around 7$. 7 cars and trucks, 2 different kinds of buses and a semi. I can also use these as templates for scratchbuilding my own vehicles. JTT has a bunch of stuff you can use to texture your battlefield. I hemmed and hawed over packs of light posts but ultimately decided they'd get in the way more than the pay off in appearance would be worth it.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Hi. Nice work :ok:
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Grabula
D-Bee

Unread post by Grabula »

Thanks Jaymz! I'm hoping to have some cool stuff started in the next few days and I'll share when I do!

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”