Robotech Tactics Unboxing Video

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Bad_Syntax
Explorer

Robotech Tactics Unboxing Video

Unread post by Bad_Syntax »

Unboxing video!

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA6SRhp6WT4
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEgtk75lWpI

And the high res pics of everything at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wbz8wcjbuyh9g8x/AACpoTVrg0Cv2KiOLElMd2y2a

Sorry if any part sucks, I did what I could with the equipment (HTC POS Phone) I had available, and an unscripted rambling around my kitchen table.

Hopefully that'll hold folks over for a few weeks until people start receiving their stuff and can post new ones.

No rules review yet, but I'll have one very soon, though that is more opinion based than these are.

Again, thanks to Palladium, specifically Kevin and Jeff, for not only letting me take all these photos but answering many many questions on behalf of all kickstarters, and most of all thanks for the boxed set that allowed me to do this!

And to plug my own stuff, the rules I did up BEFORE I had a chance to read the official ones:
http://www.battletechengineer.com/misc/rrt/Bad_Robotech_v070_Rules.pdf
http://www.battletechengineer.com/misc/rrt/Bad_Robotech_v070_Cards.pdf - Horrible prototype cards
BuzzardB
Explorer

Re: Robotech Tactics Unboxing Video

Unread post by BuzzardB »

Very cool stuff man.
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Nice!
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Liking what I'm seeing so far. Getting late here, so will have to finish it tomarrow.
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

After playing the game and seeing the product first hand...

I agree with your assessment. I love the minis, they would allow a multitude of conversions.

I was also not impressed with the cards that came with the box. I found them difficult to use. I created my own and laminated them. They are big but they contain all of the info you need at one glance.

One more word of warning... Laminating the cards could ruin them. They are plastic coated and will bubble and haze in some hot laminators. Try it first on a character card you don't like and won't use.

The game play is a lot of fun, good for a great night with the guys, or could be used for a serious campaign.

Thanks for the videos!

Edit -- One more note. Out of all of the box sets of miniature games I have played, these minis are by far the best I have seen. (Infinity may be an exception, but you only get twelve minis in that box set). The starter set for 40K are not posable and not as detailed as the regular unit boxes. The box starter set for Battletech minis were one piece with very little undercutting leaving the details on the sides near the mold lines without detail. You have to purchase the regular units to get the detail. These RRT minis are the same as the regular box sets, not simplified versions. As a mini wargamer, I like that.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

Phaze wrote:
One more word of warning... Laminating the cards could ruin them. They are plastic coated and will bubble and haze in some hot laminators. Try it first on a character card you don't like and won't use.

most office supply stores will sell laminating material that is just a compression seal, so you can avoid the heating machine if you go that way.
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Phaze wrote:Edit -- One more note. Out of all of the box sets of miniature games I have played, these minis are by far the best I have seen. (Infinity may be an exception, but you only get twelve minis in that box set). The starter set for 40K are not posable and not as detailed as the regular unit boxes. The box starter set for Battletech minis were one piece with very little undercutting leaving the details on the sides near the mold lines without detail. You have to purchase the regular units to get the detail. These RRT minis are the same as the regular box sets, not simplified versions. As a mini wargamer, I like that.

This is a good point. Thanks Phaze.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:
Phaze wrote:

most office supply stores will sell laminating material that is just a compression seal, so you can avoid the heating machine if you go that way.

Thanks for that info!

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Phaze wrote:Edit -- One more note. Out of all of the box sets of miniature games I have played, these minis are by far the best I have seen. (Infinity may be an exception, but you only get twelve minis in that box set). The starter set for 40K are not posable and not as detailed as the regular unit boxes. The box starter set for Battletech minis were one piece with very little undercutting leaving the details on the sides near the mold lines without detail. You have to purchase the regular units to get the detail. These RRT minis are the same as the regular box sets, not simplified versions. As a mini wargamer, I like that.

This is a good point. Thanks Phaze.

Thanks for the comparision.
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Watched the video today and enjoyed them, nice job. :ok:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

In regards to laminating....

Why not scan the original card (I do not know if it is two sided or single sided so my apologies). Print it on cardstock then laminate that? That way the original cards are left alone.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Bad_Syntax
Explorer

Unread post by Bad_Syntax »

I *just* posted this on the KS comments thread, kinda the same thing. This is what I'll be doing soon as I can get time to get the materials:

BOOM! I just figured out how to solve what I see as the "card issue".
The formation, and formation option cards do not have backs. So laminate the front, and glue them to the flexible magnetic strips. Then just use a magnetic clipboard for tracking your units in game. You can stick the options to the top of the formations, and they won't slide around. The extra thickness will make them easier to pick up, and the laminate fixes that.

For the unit cards that are double sided though, I'll scan them, make 1 big card by putting the front/back of those cards side by side, and then just mount them to heavy cardstock. This way those base cards will be FAR more usable.

Then there is only the extra small circles (which can be dealt with) and the fact that tracking ammo is going to be a major pain on some units. Perhaps some little magnets could be used for both (a 1, 2, 5 # magnet for damage, different color but same numbers for ammo usage).
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

nice :ok:
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Thanks for the vids and pics!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
rosco60559