Robotech RPG Tactics Kickstarters in Top 100

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Robotech RPG Tactics Kickstarters in Top 100

Unread post by Jorel »

Top 100 Crowdfunded Companies and they are #19.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Robotech RPG Tactics Kickstarters in Top 100

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Jorel wrote:Top 100 Crowdfunded Companies and they are #19.

I knew that it was up there but #19, more impressive then I was expecting.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Now they just need to do something with it. >.>
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Forar wrote:Now they just need to do something with it. >.>

They appear to be doing everything with it, at the expensive of finishing books too so I don't think that is an issue.

Now if January comes and the game is not out yet, then it's an issue.
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

93 days left until the end of January, if they actually want to make that target they need to get crackin'. Producing hundreds of thousands of figures and shipping them around the globe isn't done swiftly.

Also of note, Ninja Division was supposed to be doing a lot of the heavy lifting here. If their efforts are at the expense of finishing books, that's because something has changed or gone wrong somewhere.

But I'm sure that they'll have all kinds of good news to give us in the next few days, once HG has given their final final final super duper final approval on everything and we'll get to hear all about how the factory is churning out battlepods and veritechs by the tens of thousands. :-D
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Forar wrote:93 days left until the end of January, if they actually want to make that target they need to get crackin'. Producing hundreds of thousands of figures and shipping them around the globe isn't done swiftly.

Also of note, Ninja Division was supposed to be doing a lot of the heavy lifting here. If their efforts are at the expense of finishing books, that's because something has changed or gone wrong somewhere.

But I'm sure that they'll have all kinds of good news to give us in the next few days, once HG has given their final final final super duper final approval on everything and we'll get to hear all about how the factory is churning out battlepods and veritechs by the tens of thousands. :-D

Dead on. That infinite number of final approvals they have to get from HG for everything really seem to drag on.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

From today's murmur:
Even the Weekly Update won't get posted till Friday. I'm only half-way through writing it and I need to leave for home. There is a lot of news and things to talk about this Update.

Whelp, they said 3 weeks ago that they should hear back from HG within 2-3 weeks.

Hopefully this means that they have A) good news to share on the RRT front, and B) tons of it.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Forar wrote:From today's murmur:
Even the Weekly Update won't get posted till Friday. I'm only half-way through writing it and I need to leave for home. There is a lot of news and things to talk about this Update.

Whelp, they said 3 weeks ago that they should hear back from HG within 2-3 weeks.

Hopefully this means that they have A) good news to share on the RRT front, and B) tons of it.

I'm also hoping to hear of any Grab Bag offers.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Kendachi
Wanderer

Unread post by Kendachi »

Honestly, the very flat statement makes me worrisome...

"There is a lot of news and things to talk about this Update."

I mean - there's not even a hint of jazz hands or mad-libs.

I'll wait to freak out till the update hits.
"If a question is not asked, then how can it be ignored?" - NMI

“No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.” - George Bernard Shaw

"Robotech RPG Tactics, the game, will be at Gen Con. For sale. In quantity. There's not much question about that." - Wayne
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

I'm waiting to see if there's substance to the next update. I'm sure we'll all love it since everyone in the office does too.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

I'm certain they are super excited to share it with us, like, woah.

Truly it will be the best ever.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Careful or someone might think your part of the grand cabal of 24.lol
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

Kryptt wrote:Careful or someone might think your part of the grand cabal of 24.lol

That's just ridiculous. If he were to join, it'd be a cabal of 25. Duh! :) I anxiously await the first real and meaty update to the kickstarter since the pledge manager went live.
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

bielmic wrote:
Kryptt wrote:Careful or someone might think your part of the grand cabal of 24.lol

That's just ridiculous. If he were to join, it'd be a cabal of 25. Duh! :) I anxiously await the first real and meaty update to the kickstarter since the pledge manager went live.

You got me there! :D That an the pm has been closed for a while now.
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

The meaty update went up and we're in Feb 2014 release time now (and that frankly is assuming that EVERY SINGLE THING goes perfect from now on). Despite sending the stuff for approval 2-3 weeks ago and having that approval expected to come back at the latest this week, we're still in the press release at the "will send stuff for approval soon" stage 3 weeks later.
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

I kind of feel like Damon Waynes in the film "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka" when he hooks up with a hot chick only to be let down by how everything about her is fake with no substance.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I'm also hoping to hear of any Grab Bag offers.

Well, at least one of us got something substantial.

:-/
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

We also got information and they were up front for once about the actual delays meaning they couldn't possibly hit December. Really, I think they have known that since early October at the latest. It was clearly a huge production and they should have done a better job communicating and not giving false release dates. They were not smart to advertise a release date when they had no clue what they were getting into. Now they have a bit of the leg work done their new target date of February could be a bit more accurate or just as far off as the previous ones. They really are in uncharted waters. I wish they would act like it. I guess I felt better that they actually admitted all the steps. That means they won't really even know a date until production is mostly finished. It sounds like the pieces haven't even begun yet. Really Feb. is just another guestimate.

"The Devil's among us!
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

This delay is already being trumpeted around the web as typical PB. It hasn't even been 24hrs and already bad word of mouth is spreading.

I'm not worried because once the awesome minis come out we'll be praising PB/ND for their dedication to stay the coarse. Is this the next ng1? Maybe... The announcement may have knocked the wind out of people's sails and excitement for PB/ND may have dropped (as well as their standing in the community) but I'm sure Kev an crew will make it up to the fans an backers. :-)
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

The silver lining I see is at least they appear to be being transparent and honest about the process at this point.

"The Devil's among us!
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

Jorel wrote:The silver lining I see is at least they appear to be being transparent and honest about the process at this point.

They're being transparent about the process as it occured in September which is when the product should have started manufacturing in order to make the original December 2013 release date. I do hope they're turning over a new leaf and start communicating accurately and honestly in a timely fashion as they said they would in the KS frontpage. With Christmas and both Western and Eastern New Years slowing everything down, if they don't get it done completely 100% final no approvals needed ready to go that hour to China (to distinguish from the palladium use of "final" and "ready") by December 1st then it won't be coming out in February. In the meantime, I do hope that they release the full rules and stat cards for free like other companies do as a thank you for pledging/sorry for messing up. SHOWING (not just telling) progress over the next month will go a long way to soothing some of the inevitable feelings surrounding a 2-4 month delay (depending on how much stock you put in the post KS revised Oct release date).
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Many people worried about something like this happening as far back when the day after the ks ended Kevy said he'll have the game hopefully delivered by October. For many that was a warning sign for the eventual hiccups that PB might encounter. Since I haven't been a PB customer since the 90's I wasn't sure what they were talking about. Now I know... Unicorns and rainbows and broken promises. Heck I didn't even know there was a division in the PB community itself between lets improve/create a new system and those who want to keep things as they are. (Kinda sounds like a game of inquisitor)lol

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”