Board index » MDC Worlds » Robotech RPG Tactics™

Post subject: Ending
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:01 pm

Adventurer

To: Everyone in the Forums

I want to be clear I had no money invested in Kickstarter but my heart still aches...

I never thought I would be writing to all of you this post. There was a time when I thought I would play Rifts with my friends until the day I died. Unfortunately, the years with dealing with My Group and their growing resentment over Palladium Books Kickstarter have chipped away at our love for Rifts. Now, with most of my group settling for more Wave 1 and one signing up for a lawsuit, there is nothing left to hold on to. As a whole, we will no longer be supporting Palladium Books with our money or our hearts. After 20 years of playing, dang where did the time go, we will no longer be playing any of Palladium Books products as it has left a sour taste in all our mouths.

I want everyone of the forums to know that I am not blaming any of you
. I may look in on this post later and that's it. I have enjoyed posting and reading all of your posts over the few years.

This news may painful, but it has been and still is painful for many backers over these last few years with Palladium Books Kickstarter. At this point, No solution even a refund will solve the resentment created. So, we still have happy memories from the past; we need to concentrate on making the present as happy as possible and try to keep a positive outlook on the future. It is time to call it quits and go our separate ways because even speaking about Palladium products get all of us a little heated. So, this is the End of this journey with Palladium Books.

I want to wish everyone on the forums the very best.

Goodbye, Adieu, Auf Wiedersehen, and Farewell

Astral Pantheon

~Mark

Post subject: Re: Ending
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:11 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

This is a very sad post.

I understand the upset, but if your group loves Rifts, then I don't see how abandoning something that brought your group so much fun would make any of you happier.

I am quite sure your crew could continue enjoying Rifts from all the books you all already own. I understand drawing a line regarding buying new stuff, but abandoning Rifts because of RTT seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

For me, I have to separate the Creator from the Created. Especially in the age of social media.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Hero

It is indeed a sad post. However, while I understand needing to occasionally separate the work from the creator (example: Orson Scott Card has some rather bigoted views, which is complicated due to my love of Ender's Game), this isn't nearly as detached. If a group *personally* feels screwed over by a company's actions or inaction, it's pretty reasonable to hold that against them in a firmer stance than 'oh, they have a difference of opinion or politics'. That's a pretty reasonable thing to leave a bad taste in ones mouth.

Kevin and Wayne didn't need to personally slap my favourite stuffed animal in the face to feel some ire at being lied to for years (gee those quotes and efforts to trim the parts count sure took a while...), or frustration at their refusal to even attempt to uphold their statements regarding refunds that they used as a shield for years more.

I hope the OP and their group find another RPG that suits their needs and doesn't have the same tainted history to deal with. Which is another point; PB has long touted its time in the industry, its beloved franchises, and even with their well known propensity for overstating their production timeline and the delays that follow, this might just be one of their darkest moments, and is on many levels self inflicted at that. It should not be surprising that a company who used its history as a selling point finds it to be a detriment to those same product lines once a project crashes and burns this spectacularly.

I suspect this will be the yardstick by which other gaming Kickstarter messes are held to for years to come. Not wanting to deal with that particular company any further, even with existing product in hand, isn't something I could fault a group over. My friends have abandoned game lines for vastly less. There is a finite number of gaming hours in the day/year/lifetime, and we live in an era of staggering ways in which to spend it. Walking away from one as this group is doing is likely just opening other doors for them, and I hope they find fun and incredible moments in doing so.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:32 pm

Dungeon Crawler

I agree it is sad that this has tainted a game that the OP and his group enjoyed. I too am frustrated and ceratinly somewhat resentfu; of PB's handling of RTT, more especially their lack of honesty and transperancy.

However, sometimes things like this open up opportunities to try something new and you move on. If the itch for Rifts lingers, I would suggest the Aavage worlds edition, if nothing else it is a taster for the other series in this well crafted RPG.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:47 am

D-Bee

There are many games out there by many companies. Go find something that you all enjoy playing by a company that supports the community.