Robotech Crossover question

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kargan3033
Hero

Re: Robotech Crossover question

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

SRoss wrote:Nova: (Reading the contact report on the Gate: Jieitai Kano Chi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri universe) "Sargent. Contact Legal, find out if we can sue the JSDF. They've stolen our MO." :wink:

:lol: That's a great serises, I love the manga of it, haven't seen the anime though.
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Kargan3033 wrote:
SRoss wrote:Nova: (Reading the contact report on the Gate: Jieitai Kano Chi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri universe) "Sargent. Contact Legal, find out if we can sue the JSDF. They've stolen our MO." :wink:

:lol: That's a great serises, I love the manga of it, haven't seen the anime though.

It's showing on Crunchyroll.
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

Okay, final bit of this arc. I struggled to get it written, since my mind is already pushing in other directions. Sorry if it's a little boring.
Subject: Interview
Ikari, Shinji

"Greetings, Commander. I am known in the UEsG as Sergeant Kelf Sh'Noz."

Shinji, behind his desk now that the trapped ceiling had been retracted, blinked at the seven foot tall ursine humanoid. And the name. "Seriously?"

"Quite serious, Commander," Sh'Noz replied gravely. "And yes, I do understand that it means in the local tongue. And I have long since sickened of the snickering. As I'm not allowed to bite off your nose, let's just continue with the interview, shall we?"

"My apologies, Sergeant. Let us proceed."

"Very good. You are the commander of NERV, you pilot Evangelion Unit01. We have a large number of questions already answered, thanks to Operative Darkraven, may the Shapings bless his most likely cursed offspring. We know your world has undergone and recovered from the Third Impact, we know your plan for Instrumentality, and we know you are combatting the alien life forms known as Angels."

"It seems that you have quite a bit of information, Sergeant," Shinji replied, steepling his fingers. "Am I allowed to ask questions as well?"

"Certainly, Commander. However, I am aware that until such time as the UEsG and your United Nations comes to an agreement, there are items under the seal of security, just as you are."

Shinji smiled. Clearly the bearman was understanding of his predicament. "Please allow me to begin. Now that I have spoken with Miss Ibuki, I know why your forces invaded. I also understand that they had an extremely difficult time getting inside. It seems that my tactics were, in the short run, quite effective."

Sh'Noz frowned at the memory. "Yes. I recall the girders in the upper area of your Geofront. It was a most unpleasant situation to come across."

"No offense Sergeant, but I'm not going to apologize. My preparations were because NERV had been invaded before, the JSSDF slaughtering nearly everyone in their little war on the saviors of the world," Shinji replied darkly.

"Apologies are unnecessary, Commander. Our forces should have waited for better intelligence. Instead the upper command echelon of our military ordered the attack. It is they who will be paying for this farce."

"But who do the Command answer to, Sergeant? Who will take them to task for their actions?"

Sh'Noz smiled. It was not a comforting smile to Shinji, what with being so full of teeth and all. "Do not concern yourself with such matters, Commander. Simply be assured that all is being... attended to.

"So tell me commander," Sh'Noz continued, changing the subject, "what are you intentions towards the UEsG if a peaceful plan can be brokered?"

"I'm not sure," Shinji replied, reaching into his desk for some items. "That kind of deal is the UN's business, and I report to the UN. However, until the UN revokes our super-legal authority, the UEsG will have to deal with NERV directly. If your people want access to our developments, the United Nations will not be able to assist. I really do enjoy NERV's status in the international community," he ended, licking the rolled bit of paper. "Do you mind if I do this? It's prescribed to me for my depression."

Sh'Noz blinked. "I do mind, actually. My species has an allergy to cannabinol substances. But I do thank you for asking. I do have to ask, what are your intentions now that your species has made First Contact?"

Shinji sighed, putting away the joint. "I'm not really sure. Your technologies seem to be far ahead of ours, and if some sort of agreement can be made, that throws my plans for NERV in the air. As for Instrumentality, nothing has really changed, unless your command interferes with it. I would hope that they wouldn't; it shouldn't affect your group in any way."

"Fascinating," Sh'Noz murmured, noting down on his clipboard. "Tell me, how much do you know of our organization, Commander?"

"Not a lot, I'm afraid. Miss Ibuki wasn't given too much information, and there wasn't a lot she could pass to me. Apparently your group is from a parallel dimension, or multiples. And it would seem that your group has entered worlds similar to this one."

"That is correct. Thus far, the UEsG has discovered approximately twenty worlds classified as yours, insofar as my clearance allows. There have been other worlds that fall under different classifications, but I do not operate in that department.

"I myself am a veteran of twelve initial world breaches. Our unit has fielded weapons of war on forty worlds, and assisted with peaceful relations on twenty-three."

"And your infiltrator?"

"Darkraven?" Sh'Noz growled. "He is not a member of Master Sergeant Himmon's unit. He is in command of Aleph Squad, and they are all posessed of madness bound within purpose. Thankfully, their current incarnation maintains a sense of decorum, as opposed to the old ones who were sent to murder every living thing in their path. Their original service patches read, 'Let No Stone Stand Upon Another'. Now their motto is, 'Precision Above Death".

"As far as Darkraven himself, his mission profile is classified. I lack both the clearance and level of need-to-know to answer your question, and that applies equally to Aleph Squad. I can tell you that he crossed the dimensional void years before the UEsG was formed, before our first record of dimensional instability."

"Interesting," Shinji replied, smirking slightly as his mind began to race. "A starfaring society, crossing the dimensions righting wrongs and preventing horrible things? Fascinating. I'm sure my scientists will find your methods very progressive."

"As I am sure ours will find yours," Sh'Noz commented blandly. "However, there is a question that will be asked by Captain Hunter. Why is Miss Ayanami such a... How was that put by Mr. Aida..." He flipped through a few pages on his clipboard. "Ah yes. Here it is. Why is Miss Ayanami such a 'raging *****'?"

Shinji snickered at that, then sobered, coughing slightly. "Sorry, but that's a pretty common question around here. Sub-Commander Ayanami is that way because she has no purpose. Her entire upbringing revolved around a single, grand purpose, and now that it's fulfilled she's lost. Apart from her fixation on me, she has had no drive or focus in her life for the last decade.

"Her frustration at the lack of focus, combined with her lack of success in landing me as her mate, has made her bitter towards life, and she seeks an outlet for her anger and disappointment. Unfortunately, that usually means that she's a ***** to, well, everybody."

"Hmm. That explains a great deal. It would also explain her seemingly sadistic glee at other people's discomfort."

Shinji sighed. "It can look like that, but she's really a nice person. She really does care about her work, and her coworkers. She works within the community to help people, especially with unwed mothers. After Third Impact, there was a massive upswing in fertility, and Rei founded a community center that would help them wherever they come from around the world."

"And her tendency towards substantial amounts of profanity?"

"That's just her frustration, I'm afraid. When she gets overly upset, she usually gets sweary and threatening. It's something that most of us have learned to ignore, for the most part."

"That stands to reason. Out of curiosity, I could not help but notice that your Evangelions are still using the Pallet Rifles. Have those *ever* killed an angel?"

"Ha! No, but we can justify a lot of expenses by using them as initial loadouts," Shinji laughed out. "My father taught me a great deal about how to handle beauracracy. He also taught me what not to do in my plan for Instrumentality. As well as how not to make his mistakes."

"Such as?"

"Don't have sex with coworkers unless there is no other way to further the endgame. Get in good with world leaders who aren't part of the 'Inner Circle' of the powers-that-be. Be good to your staff and treat them well. And above all else, never, *ever* forget your ultimate goal, that every millimeter of your plan must stride towards the furtherance of that goal. It doesn't matter if the goal is world domination or getting lunch, the plan should always take precedence in your life."
The recording cut off, leaving Nova satori and Rei Ayanami-Hunter thoughtful.

"What was the verdict from the diplomatic corps?" Rei asked after several minutes of silence.

"They were able to work out an agreement with that world's United Nations," Nova replied, leaning back in her chair. "Once that was done, Sh'Noz was able to work out some arrangements with their NERV. Once the basics were complete, a more thorough insider deal was struck."

"And Sh'Noz's comment about things being 'attended to'?"

Nova smiled widely, but said nothing.

Rei sighed, shaking her head. "It figures."

"So," Rei continued, "this is a world where Shinji is a pothead with his s*** together, Gendo is a thoughtful, focused human being, Maya Ibuki is largely normal, if a bit more capable, and things are pretty well in hand. And things are progressing okay with them. What about their Asuka?"

"Medical is looking at her. Seems she's comatose, but healthy. The Evangelion regrowth methods that they used worked well enough, but the brain damage might be too much for a full recovery. The UEsG Theological Physics department thinks that Shinji's plan for Instrumentality might actually be the best option."

Rei whistled in admiration. "That is impressive. I have to admit that this world seems to be a decent place. No SEELE, no world-ending conspiracies, just people working to rebuild and protect their world and way of life."

"I know. It's kind of uplifting for it all to work out so well, isn't it?"
Kargan3033
Hero

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

wyrmraker wrote:Okay, final bit of this arc. I struggled to get it written, since my mind is already pushing in other directions. Sorry if it's a little boring.
Ikari, Shinji

Shinji, behind his desk now that the trapped ceiling had been retracted, blinked at the seven foot tall ursine humanoid. And the name. "Seriously?"

"Quite serious, Commander," Sh'Noz replied gravely. "And yes, I do understand that it means in the local tongue. And I have long since sickened of the snickering. As I'm not allowed to bite off your nose, let's just continue with the interview, shall we?"

"Very good. You are the commander of NERV, you pilot Evangelion Unit01. We have a large number of questions already answered, thanks to Operative Darkraven, may the Shapings bless his most likely cursed offspring. We know your world has undergone and recovered from the Third Impact, we know your plan for Instrumentality, and we know you are combatting the alien life forms known as Angels."

"It seems that you have quite a bit of information, Sergeant," Shinji replied, steepling his fingers. "Am I allowed to ask questions as well?"

"Certainly, Commander. However, I am aware that until such time as the UEsG and your United Nations comes to an agreement, there are items under the seal of security, just as you are."

Shinji smiled. Clearly the bearman was understanding of his predicament. "Please allow me to begin. Now that I have spoken with Miss Ibuki, I know why your forces invaded. I also understand that they had an extremely difficult time getting inside. It seems that my tactics were, in the short run, quite effective."

Sh'Noz frowned at the memory. "Yes. I recall the girders in the upper area of your Geofront. It was a most unpleasant situation to come across."

"No offense Sergeant, but I'm not going to apologize. My preparations were because NERV had been invaded before, the JSSDF slaughtering nearly everyone in their little war on the saviors of the world," Shinji replied darkly.

"Apologies are unnecessary, Commander. Our forces should have waited for better intelligence. Instead the upper command echelon of our military ordered the attack. It is they who will be paying for this farce."

"But who do the Command answer to, Sergeant? Who will take them to task for their actions?"

Sh'Noz smiled. It was not a comforting smile to Shinji, what with being so full of teeth and all. "Do not concern yourself with such matters, Commander. Simply be assured that all is being... attended to.

"So tell me commander," Sh'Noz continued, changing the subject, "what are you intentions towards the UEsG if a peaceful plan can be brokered?"

"I'm not sure," Shinji replied, reaching into his desk for some items. "That kind of deal is the UN's business, and I report to the UN. However, until the UN revokes our super-legal authority, the UEsG will have to deal with NERV directly. If your people want access to our developments, the United Nations will not be able to assist. I really do enjoy NERV's status in the international community," he ended, licking the rolled bit of paper. "Do you mind if I do this? It's prescribed to me for my depression."

Sh'Noz blinked. "I do mind, actually. My species has an allergy to cannabinol substances. But I do thank you for asking. I do have to ask, what are your intentions now that your species has made First Contact?"

Shinji sighed, putting away the joint. "I'm not really sure. Your technologies seem to be far ahead of ours, and if some sort of agreement can be made, that throws my plans for NERV in the air. As for Instrumentality, nothing has really changed, unless your command interferes with it. I would hope that they wouldn't; it shouldn't affect your group in any way."

"Fascinating," Sh'Noz murmured, noting down on his clipboard. "Tell me, how much do you know of our organization, Commander?"

"Not a lot, I'm afraid. Miss Ibuki wasn't given too much information, and there wasn't a lot she could pass to me. Apparently your group is from a parallel dimension, or multiples. And it would seem that your group has entered worlds similar to this one."

"That is correct. Thus far, the UEsG has discovered approximately twenty worlds classified as yours, insofar as my clearance allows. There have been other worlds that fall under different classifications, but I do not operate in that department.

"I myself am a veteran of twelve initial world breaches. Our unit has fielded weapons of war on forty worlds, and assisted with peaceful relations on twenty-three."

"And your infiltrator?"

"Darkraven?" Sh'Noz growled. "He is not a member of Master Sergeant Himmon's unit. He is in command of Aleph Squad, and they are all posessed of madness bound within purpose. Thankfully, their current incarnation maintains a sense of decorum, as opposed to the old ones who were sent to murder every living thing in their path. Their original service patches read, 'Let No Stone Stand Upon Another'. Now their motto is, 'Precision Above Death".

"As far as Darkraven himself, his mission profile is classified. I lack both the clearance and level of need-to-know to answer your question, and that applies equally to Aleph Squad. I can tell you that he crossed the dimensional void years before the UEsG was formed, before our first record of dimensional instability."

"Interesting," Shinji replied, smirking slightly as his mind began to race. "A starfaring society, crossing the dimensions righting wrongs and preventing horrible things? Fascinating. I'm sure my scientists will find your methods very progressive."

"As I am sure ours will find yours," Sh'Noz commented blandly. "However, there is a question that will be asked by Captain Hunter. Why is Miss Ayanami such a... How was that put by Mr. Aida..." He flipped through a few pages on his clipboard. "Ah yes. Here it is. Why is Miss Ayanami such a 'raging *****'?"

Shinji snickered at that, then sobered, coughing slightly. "Sorry, but that's a pretty common question around here. Sub-Commander Ayanami is that way because she has no purpose. Her entire upbringing revolved around a single, grand purpose, and now that it's fulfilled she's lost. Apart from her fixation on me, she has had no drive or focus in her life for the last decade.

"Her frustration at the lack of focus, combined with her lack of success in landing me as her mate, has made her bitter towards life, and she seeks an outlet for her anger and disappointment. Unfortunately, that usually means that she's a ***** to, well, everybody."

"Hmm. That explains a great deal. It would also explain her seemingly sadistic glee at other people's discomfort."

Shinji sighed. "It can look like that, but she's really a nice person. She really does care about her work, and her coworkers. She works within the community to help people, especially with unwed mothers. After Third Impact, there was a massive upswing in fertility, and Rei founded a community center that would help them wherever they come from around the world."

"That's just her frustration, I'm afraid. When she gets overly upset, she usually gets sweary and threatening. It's something that most of us have learned to ignore, for the most part."

"That stands to reason. Out of curiosity, I could not help but notice that your Evangelions are still using the Pallet Rifles. Have those *ever* killed an angel?"

"Ha! No, but we can justify a lot of expenses by using them as initial loadouts," Shinji laughed out. "My father taught me a great deal about how to handle beauracracy. He also taught me what not to do in my plan for Instrumentality. As well as how not to make his mistakes."

"Such as?"

"Don't have sex with coworkers unless there is no other way to further the endgame. Get in good with world leaders who aren't part of the 'Inner Circle' of the powers-that-be. Be good to your staff and treat them well. And above all else, never, *ever* forget your ultimate goal, that every millimeter of your plan must stride towards the furtherance of that goal. It doesn't matter if the goal is world domination or getting lunch, the plan should always take precedence in your life."

"What was the verdict from the diplomatic corps?" Rei asked after several minutes of silence.

"They were able to work out an agreement with that world's United Nations," Nova replied, leaning back in her chair. "Once that was done, Sh'Noz was able to work out some arrangements with their NERV. Once the basics were complete, a more thorough insider deal was struck."

"So," Rei continued, "this is a world where Shinji is a pothead with his s*** together, Gendo is a thoughtful, focused human being, Maya Ibuki is largely normal, if a bit more capable, and things are pretty well in hand. And things are progressing okay with them. What about their Asuka?"

"Medical is looking at her. Seems she's comatose, but healthy. The Evangelion regrowth methods that they used worked well enough, but the brain damage might be too much for a full recovery. The UEsG Theological Physics department thinks that Shinji's plan for Instrumentality might actually be the best option."

Rei whistled in admiration. "That is impressive. I have to admit that this world seems to be a decent place. No SEELE, no world-ending conspiracies, just people working to rebuild and protect their world and way of life."

Nicely done as ususal.
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "
wyrmraker
Hero

Thanks. Admittedly, it was kind of a forced job. My mind kept wanting to go other directions, and I didn't want to repeat myself. That was a real challenge.

But now I can move on to other crossover bits. Yay!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

wyrmraker wrote:Okay, final bit of this arc. I struggled to get it written, since my mind is already pushing in other directions. Sorry if it's a little boring.
Ikari, Shinji

"And your infiltrator?"

"Such as?"

If this is the last of it, great job! Hope to see more written by you in the near future! Also, have you tried posting stories an fanfiction.com? I think people would really enjoy reading your stuff!

wyrmraker wrote:Thanks. Admittedly, it was kind of a forced job. My mind kept wanting to go other directions, and I didn't want to repeat myself. That was a real challenge.

Can't wait to read them!
wyrmraker
Hero

I can't seem to run with full fanfictions, so no posting on fanfiction sites. Sorry. My creativity tends to be somewhat restricted, and I work my best when building off of someone else's work, and in short bursts.

I think from here I'll try focussing on Darkraven and his dimensional assignments. Not quite sure how yet, and I'm still working out a background for him from the point he entered the RDF up to the current crossover point (Does anyone know what year it's supposed to be?), but that's not too hard.

I'll be trying out a number of different formats, from rumor-mongering to anecdotal witnessing to military field reports. I hope IO can keep running with it. At least Darkraven isn't like my other soft RP characters, who are ridiculously overpowered. And then there's my NPC Wyrmraker, who's an SI in the same vein as Grey and the Phoenix Mage (for those who remember them). That guy is so overpowered that he is actually impossible to play in any power level setting. Even in DC *during* Infinite Crisis. He will NOT be making an appearance except as a cameo similar to the Fourth Wall Gang's cameos.
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Nova hated council meetings, but she had to admit she was a better choice then Dana. This time she was being questioned on the Cross Ange incursion.

Moran: "Please if you would, Ms. Satori, explain the massive military incursion that occurred on the world designated Charley Alpha 1?"

Nova: (Shuffling papers) "That's Mrs. Satori-Brown..."

Moran: "What?"

Nova: "That's Mrs. Satori-Brown. I've been married since the end of the Second Robotech War."

Moran: "Sorry, my mistake. Please continue your explanation."

Nova: "Well mam. initially, we sent a reconnaissance team to CA1. They reported it wasn't an NG rated world. Our scouts had trouble with the locals, leading us to believe friendly contact wasn't very probable. So they marked it and left."

Moran: "What sort of trouble Ms. Satori?"

Nova: *Sigh* "That's Mrs. Anyway, the local humans had access to an unknown Information/Energy Manipulation power referred to as Mana. They had an almost pathological hatred of anyone who couldn't use this Mana."

Moran: "If the reconnaissance team marked the world and left. Why then return and invade?"

Nova: "Well mam, that wasn't us."

Nova: "Unknown to us, there was a subject there with knowledge about dimension spanning that surpassed our own. His experiments in that regard opened a portal between a location on his world, designated Arzenal, and holding site epsilon."

Moran: "Wait! you mean Ic[CENSORED]rd!"

Nova: "Mam! May I remind you all references to that facility are strictly classified!"

Moran: "Just so. Anyway as I recall, our scientific experts said it was impossible for portals to open at random locations on this world."

Nova: "Correct, any incoming portal would normally be redirected along the path of least resistance, into our Gate facility. The Gate area is of course designed to contain foothold events like that."

Moran: "What happened?"

Nova: "The @#$%^&s were fooling around with a rebuilt Fold generator and created a semi-permanent bridge."

To Be Continued...
Alpha 11
Palladin

wyrmraker wrote:I can't seem to run with full fanfictions, so no posting on fanfiction sites. Sorry. My creativity tends to be somewhat restricted, and I work my best when building off of someone else's work, and in short bursts.

I think from here I'll try focussing on Darkraven and his dimensional assignments. Not quite sure how yet, and I'm still working out a background for him from the point he entered the RDF up to the current crossover point (Does anyone know what year it's supposed to be?), but that's not too hard.

I'll be trying out a number of different formats, from rumor-mongering to anecdotal witnessing to military field reports. I hope IO can keep running with it. At least Darkraven isn't like my other soft RP characters, who are ridiculously overpowered. And then there's my NPC Wyrmraker, who's an SI in the same vein as Grey and the Phoenix Mage (for those who remember them). That guy is so overpowered that he is actually impossible to play in any power level setting. Even in DC *during* Infinite Crisis. He will NOT be making an appearance except as a cameo similar to the Fourth Wall Gang's cameos.

Bummer on the no fanfiction. :( :-( But glad you will continue to write here! :D

SRoss wrote:Nova hated council meetings, but she had to admit she was a better choice then Dana. This time she was being questioned on the Cross Ange incursion.

Moran: "Please if you would, Ms. Satori, explain the massive military incursion that occurred on the world designated Charley Alpha 1?"

Nova: (Shuffling papers) "That's Mrs. Satori-Brown..."

Nova: "That's Mrs. Satori-Brown. I've been married since the end of the Second Robotech War."

Moran: "Sorry, my mistake. Please continue your explanation."

Nova: "Well mam. initially, we sent a reconnaissance team to CA1. They reported it wasn't an NG rated world. Our scouts had trouble with the locals, leading us to believe friendly contact wasn't very probable. So they marked it and left."

Moran: "What sort of trouble Ms. Satori?"

Nova: *Sigh* "That's Mrs. Anyway, the local humans had access to an unknown Information/Energy Manipulation power referred to as Mana. They had an almost pathological hatred of anyone who couldn't use this Mana."

Moran: "If the reconnaissance team marked the world and left. Why then return and invade?"

Nova: "Well mam, that wasn't us."

Nova: "Unknown to us, there was a subject there with knowledge about dimension spanning that surpassed our own. His experiments in that regard opened a portal between a location on his world, designated Arzenal, and holding site epsilon."

Moran: "Wait! you mean Ic[CENSORED]rd!"

Nova: "Mam! May I remind you all references to that facility are strictly classified!"

Moran: "Just so. Anyway as I recall, our scientific experts said it was impossible for portals to open at random locations on this world."

Nova: "Correct, any incoming portal would normally be redirected along the path of least resistance, into our Gate facility. The Gate area is of course designed to contain foothold events like that."

Moran: "What happened?"

Nova: "The @#$%^&s were fooling around with a rebuilt Fold generator and created a semi-permanent bridge."

To Be Continued...

This is going to be good! :D
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

wyrmraker wrote:Thanks. Admittedly, it was kind of a forced job. My mind kept wanting to go other directions, and I didn't want to repeat myself. That was a real challenge.

Considering it could have all gone into the toilet again with bad feelings all around, this is astounding diplomacy.
Of course, it helps that Shinji's toking, and probably a few others on his staff are allowed their own means of mellowing out....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:

Considering it could have all gone into the toilet again with bad feelings all around, this is astounding diplomacy.
Of course, it helps that Shinji's toking, and probably a few others on his staff are allowed their own means of mellowing out....

I agree, it could have gotten so much worse. Though I would LOVE to hear the butt chowing that the ones who gave to go order. :twisted:
wyrmraker
Hero

I don't plan to address that. I figure that you guys can cover the advantage that will be taken over the higher-ups screwing this one up so thoroughly. After all, Nova Satori, a career officer and head of the GMP, would DEFINITELY take measures to increase her own influence. So would whoever heads the UEsG Marines. This is a fustercluck of substantial order, and like in any modern military, the individuals giving the 'Go' order would be, if not replaced/fired/whupped on, at the very least have their authorization powers substantially reduced.
taalismn
Priest

Anatole Leonard: "Okay, who's the ****-up who rushed ahead wanting a 'NERV-kill' on their record, without laying proper groundwork?! We're altering the destinies of UNIVERSES, not hunting ducks!!!! We just got made to look seriously bad, and I don't appreciate that!"
"-I'm assuming impalements are in order?"
"No, but kneecaps are not off the list."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Moran: "Ms Satori, how'd they get access to a Fold Drive?"

Nova: (Giving the senator a dirty look) "Mam. They found an old Zentraedi wreak and were seeking to escape... The portal went unnoticed until they discovered one of these norma... A subject named Jasmin, routing though their supply bunker. After travelling through the portal to Arzenal."

Moran: "Wait! So they took it upon themselves to initiate contact?"

Nova: "You remember who we're talking about here, right? Anyway, their incursion happened to be about the time that a naval force, under the self-styled Emperor Julio Asuka Misurugi, started to attack the island..." (Pausing to let the senator take a drink of water) "So they deployed their forces through the portal."

Moran: (Choking on her water) "WHAT!!! WHY!!!" :shock:

Nova: (Smiling) "Apparently, they felt sympathy for the plight of the norma."

Chairman: "Sorry to interrupt, but when did the UEEF become aware of this?"

Nova: "When they called in Captain Mifune's Air Defense Company for fire support. Mifune filed an immediate contact report. Then things got worse."

Moran: "Worse!?!"

Nova: "Epsilon's forces were joined by elements of MCH #69, including the Fourth Wall Gang..."

Moran: "WHAT!?!" :shock:

Nova: "Yes, they became aware of the subject, named Embryo, and brought what forces they had at hand to engage him. Once aware of Embryo and the threat he represented, we deployed Shinji, Char, the Diachrome Brigade, our EVAs and the 501[sup]st[/sup] Joint Fighter Wing to support their assault on the capital."

Moran: "Oh God this is turning into a nightmare..." :nh:

To Be Continued...
taalismn
Priest

"Lawyers on speeddial, next to Dial-a-Prayer, antacids are in the jug in the left lower drawer. Booze is in the mini-bar that deploys behind you when you pull on the left arm rest of your office chair.."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:"Lawyers on speeddial, next to Dial-a-Prayer, antacids are in the jug in the left lower drawer. Booze is in the mini-bar that deploys behind you when you pull on the left arm rest of your office chair.."

That for Moran or Leonard?
taalismn
Priest

SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:"Lawyers on speeddial, next to Dial-a-Prayer, antacids are in the jug in the left lower drawer. Booze is in the mini-bar that deploys behind you when you pull on the left arm rest of your office chair.."

Either, though Leonard might have a fold-open shooting range in his office with changeable holographic targets(programmable to represent the ******** of the moment).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

wyrmraker wrote:I don't plan to address that. I figure that you guys can cover the advantage that will be taken over the higher-ups screwing this one up so thoroughly. After all, Nova Satori, a career officer and head of the GMP, would DEFINITELY take measures to increase her own influence. So would whoever heads the UEsG Marines. This is a fustercluck of substantial order, and like in any modern military, the individuals giving the 'Go' order would be, if not replaced/fired/whupped on, at the very least have their authorization powers substantially reduced.

Kind of a bummer that you won't be doing it. But that is ok. There are plenty here who can do it.

taalismn wrote:Anatole Leonard: "Okay, who's the ****-up who rushed ahead wanting a 'NERV-kill' on their record, without laying proper groundwork?! We're altering the destinies of UNIVERSES, not hunting ducks!!!! We just got made to look seriously bad, and I don't appreciate that!"
"-I'm assuming impalements are in order?"
"No, but kneecaps are not off the list."

:lol: :lol:

SRoss wrote:Moran: "Ms Satori, how'd they get access to a Fold Drive?"

Nova: (Giving the senator a dirty look) "Mam. They found an old Zentraedi wreak and were seeking to escape... The portal went unnoticed until they discovered one of these norma... A subject named Jasmin, routing though their supply bunker. After travelling through the portal to Arzenal."

Moran: "Wait! So they took it upon themselves to initiate contact?"

Nova: "You remember who we're talking about here, right? Anyway, their incursion happened to be about the time that a naval force, under the self-styled Emperor Julio Asuka Misurugi, started to attack the island..." (Pausing to let the senator take a drink of water) "So they deployed their forces through the portal."

Moran: (Choking on her water) "WHAT!!! WHY!!!" :shock:

Nova: (Smiling) "Apparently, they felt sympathy for the plight of the norma."

Chairman: "Sorry to interrupt, but when did the UEEF become aware of this?"

Nova: "When they called in Captain Mifune's Air Defense Company for fire support. Mifune filed an immediate contact report. Then things got worse."

Moran: "Worse!?!"

Nova: "Epsilon's forces were joined by elements of MCH #69, including the Fourth Wall Gang..."

Moran: "WHAT!?!" :shock:

Nova: "Yes, they became aware of the subject, named Embryo, and brought what forces they had at hand to engage him. Once aware of Embryo and the threat he represented, we deployed Shinji, Char, the Diachrome Brigade, our EVAs and the 501[sup]st[/sup] Joint Fighter Wing to support their assault on the capital."

Moran: "Oh God this is turning into a nightmare..." :nh:

To Be Continued...

:lol: :lol: :lol: Loving it!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SRoss wrote:

I'd say, both. :D :lol:

taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:

Either, though Leonard might have a fold-open shooting range in his office with changeable holographic targets(programmable to represent the ******** of the moment).

:lol:
wyrmraker
Hero

I decided to switch gears a little. I hope you guys enjoy it.
"CLOSE THE GATE! SHUT DOWN THE KNOCKER, DAMN YOU!"

As the techs dove to disable the Dimensional Knocker, one of them noted Darkraven, normally a paragon of calm efficiency, panicking as he scrambled into his Spartan destroid.

Within seconds, the missile bay was opened and he fired a single warhead into the area where the knocker had been aimed. An area that had begun to glow once more with dimensional energies, even though the knocker had been cut off.

Almost instantly, the dimensional glow guttered out as a slate grey cloud erupted in space, encompassing an area a thousand feet across.

Panting heavily, Darkraven slid out of his cockpit. "The antimagic cloud will last about an hour, but it should last long enough for them to lose interest. Someone get me Leonard.

An hour later, former Field Marshall Leonard had ushered Darkraven into his temporary office on Space Station Highwater. "Report."

Darkraven saluted. "Sir. As per orders, I began my scouting run of the world codenamed IGAU-1. Once there, I discovered a world at war, with insanely super-powered beings fighting for supremacy."

"Really? Interesting. So why call me instead of just going to Intel?"

Darkraven rached up, tapping a point on his temple. From the bottom of his eye now jutted a small device, which he removed. Handing it over, he said, "This one is too delicate for the intel boys. Seriously sir, this goes beyond High Command stuff. Trusted personnel only"

"And the missile?"

"Techno-wizard Anti-Magic Cloud, sir. They have high-powered mages capable of forcing open the dimensional barriers through sheer willpower. I already informed the gatekeepers of what to do in case that thing opens."

"I see. I will review your footage, and we'll see what we see. Hit medical, then bunk down; you look like you've earned a rest."

Twenty minutes later, Anatole Leonard stared at the images on his screen. He remembered his childhood, remembered what most people thought of as flights of fancy, tales drawn for children.

And yet here it was, video footage from one of the UEsG's most trusted, unbiased dimensional operatives that proved such things exist. Leonard may have disliked the operative (Darkraven was an absolute terror to work with in his ASC days), but nobody could ever cast aspersion on the man's thoroughness.

On the monitor was a paused video. The image bore evidence of Superman fighting Batman.
wyrmraker
Hero

Nova Satori-Brown groaned. Leonard had just sent her an Eyes-Only report via courier. The cover sheet stated that this matter was too delicate for standard data transmission, and was Need To Know for select personnel only. She was on that list, as was Ayanami-Hunter, John-117, Breetai, Exedore, and the Hunters (if they ever popped up). That was it. None of the High Command was on the Need To Know list.

That was eye-opening. While she and Leonard both despised their command structure (mainly because most of the High Command had either never done field duty, or were so far removed from it that they had forgotten what it entailed), there were damn few things that could be kept from them.

Popping the data card into her other computer, the one that was completely disconnected from the UEsG internet and shielded from all electromagnetic scanning, she began watching the report.
"This is Anatole Leonard. To all personnel on the list, this is an Eyes Only report. It is to go no further until after we discuss this in person. No mention of this report or it's contents are to be mentioned on any channels.

"Operative Darkraven is also to be given special dispensation for losses incurred during his latest scouting run. He had to expend some extraordinarily valuable personal equipment during this mission, and I am personally authorizing recompense.

"The following video is taken directly from Darkraven's cybernetic eye. No editing; this is raw footage. The only editing are subtitles identifying the subjects of the video.

"Darkraven also brought back some equipment that he believes will assist us, but he directly informed me that there are few that he trusts enough with this. Bizarrely, I am on that list.

"Once you see the footage, you'll understand the secrecy involved. You'll understand exactly why this information needs to be limited to a select few.

"Leonard out."

Nova frowned. She and Darkraven went way back; they dated while she was in the Academy. She probably knew more about him than any other person. She also knew what kind of a person he was when on a mission. Driven. Focused. And most of all detail oriented.

This would be enlightening.
taalismn
Priest

wyrmraker wrote:I
On the monitor was a paused video. The image bore evidence of Superman fighting Batman.

Reminded me of the Battlestar Galactica short fanfic where a Raptor returns with an impression of a HAND imprinted in the nose, and the pilot going into hysterics when one of the more combat-fatigued deck technicians wanders by with his bright red underwear shorts worn OVER his overalls.... :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
wyrmraker
Hero

That sounds like a darned funny fanfic.
taalismn
Priest

wyrmraker wrote:That sounds like a darned funny fanfic.

It's little more than three paragraphs long and mainly consists of Kira Thrace wondering 'what the FRACK happened out there?!'.

But essentially that Earth was off-limits to the RTF, what with Supes not wanting to have to deal with ANOTHER alien invasion or Luthor Corp. maneuvering to steal Colonial technology(and winding up in the latest iteration of anti-Kryptonian weaponry*).

*Some fan-writers have suggested that EVERY piece of LuthorCorp-made equipment, including appliances under subsidiaries, incorporates anti-Superman weaponry and attack protocols. Meaning that Lois insisted on off-brands to furnish their house after the ()th dishwasher tried to kill Clark...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
batlchip
Hero
Comment: Even the great thinkers and writers in history messed up sometimes.

Unread post by batlchip »

Roy couldn't believe what was happening.
The Army of the Southern Cross had been holding itthe own.Starbuck was turning hunter killer drones into mostly scrap.Priss and her spec force was doing a lot of damage to Skynet's factories,Askua's marines where
taking down terminators.Then a cylon base Star and resurrection ship showed up.Roy hoped the message to Ryoko and the Spaceball got through.
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
wyrmraker
Hero

taalismn wrote:

It's little more than three paragraphs long and mainly consists of Kira Thrace wondering 'what the FRACK happened out there?!'.

But essentially that Earth was off-limits to the RTF, what with Supes not wanting to have to deal with ANOTHER alien invasion or Luthor Corp. maneuvering to steal Colonial technology(and winding up in the latest iteration of anti-Kryptonian weaponry*).

*Some fan-writers have suggested that EVERY piece of LuthorCorp-made equipment, including appliances under subsidiaries, incorporates anti-Superman weaponry and attack protocols. Meaning that Lois insisted on off-brands to furnish their house after the ()th dishwasher tried to kill Clark...

Some spamfics are funnier than a lot of the full-length fanfics.

And the thought that all Lexcorp products have anti-Superman protocols is hysterical.
Alpha 11
Palladin

wyrmraker wrote:I decided to switch gears a little. I hope you guys enjoy it.
"CLOSE THE GATE! SHUT DOWN THE KNOCKER, DAMN YOU!"

As the techs dove to disable the Dimensional Knocker, one of them noted Darkraven, normally a paragon of calm efficiency, panicking as he scrambled into his Spartan destroid.

Within seconds, the missile bay was opened and he fired a single warhead into the area where the knocker had been aimed. An area that had begun to glow once more with dimensional energies, even though the knocker had been cut off.

Almost instantly, the dimensional glow guttered out as a slate grey cloud erupted in space, encompassing an area a thousand feet across.

Panting heavily, Darkraven slid out of his cockpit. "The antimagic cloud will last about an hour, but it should last long enough for them to lose interest. Someone get me Leonard.

An hour later, former Field Marshall Leonard had ushered Darkraven into his temporary office on Space Station Highwater. "Report."

Darkraven saluted. "Sir. As per orders, I began my scouting run of the world codenamed IGAU-1. Once there, I discovered a world at war, with insanely super-powered beings fighting for supremacy."

"Really? Interesting. So why call me instead of just going to Intel?"

Darkraven rached up, tapping a point on his temple. From the bottom of his eye now jutted a small device, which he removed. Handing it over, he said, "This one is too delicate for the intel boys. Seriously sir, this goes beyond High Command stuff. Trusted personnel only"

"And the missile?"

"Techno-wizard Anti-Magic Cloud, sir. They have high-powered mages capable of forcing open the dimensional barriers through sheer willpower. I already informed the gatekeepers of what to do in case that thing opens."

"I see. I will review your footage, and we'll see what we see. Hit medical, then bunk down; you look like you've earned a rest."

Twenty minutes later, Anatole Leonard stared at the images on his screen. He remembered his childhood, remembered what most people thought of as flights of fancy, tales drawn for children.

And yet here it was, video footage from one of the UEsG's most trusted, unbiased dimensional operatives that proved such things exist. Leonard may have disliked the operative (Darkraven was an absolute terror to work with in his ASC days), but nobody could ever cast aspersion on the man's thoroughness.

I REALLY hope to see this full report.

wyrmraker wrote:Nova Satori-Brown groaned. Leonard had just sent her an Eyes-Only report via courier. The cover sheet stated that this matter was too delicate for standard data transmission, and was Need To Know for select personnel only. She was on that list, as was Ayanami-Hunter, John-117, Breetai, Exedore, and the Hunters (if they ever popped up). That was it. None of the High Command was on the Need To Know list.

That was eye-opening. While she and Leonard both despised their command structure (mainly because most of the High Command had either never done field duty, or were so far removed from it that they had forgotten what it entailed), there were damn few things that could be kept from them.

Popping the data card into her other computer, the one that was completely disconnected from the UEsG internet and shielded from all electromagnetic scanning, she began watching the report.
"This is Anatole Leonard. To all personnel on the list, this is an Eyes Only report. It is to go no further until after we discuss this in person. No mention of this report or it's contents are to be mentioned on any channels.

"Operative Darkraven is also to be given special dispensation for losses incurred during his latest scouting run. He had to expend some extraordinarily valuable personal equipment during this mission, and I am personally authorizing recompense.

"The following video is taken directly from Darkraven's cybernetic eye. No editing; this is raw footage. The only editing are subtitles identifying the subjects of the video.

"Darkraven also brought back some equipment that he believes will assist us, but he directly informed me that there are few that he trusts enough with this. Bizarrely, I am on that list.

"Once you see the footage, you'll understand the secrecy involved. You'll understand exactly why this information needs to be limited to a select few.

"Leonard out."

Nova frowned. She and Darkraven went way back; they dated while she was in the Academy. She probably knew more about him than any other person. She also knew what kind of a person he was when on a mission. Driven. Focused. And most of all detail oriented.

This would be enlightening.

YES!! Please give the full report!

taalismn wrote:
wyrmraker wrote:I

Reminded me of the Battlestar Galactica short fanfic where a Raptor returns with an impression of a HAND imprinted in the nose, and the pilot going into hysterics when one of the more combat-fatigued deck technicians wanders by with his bright red underwear shorts worn OVER his overalls.... :P

Ya, it does.

taalismn wrote:

batlchip wrote:Roy couldn't believe what was happening.
The Army of the Southern Cross had been holding itthe own.Starbuck was turning hunter killer drones into mostly scrap.Priss and her spec force was doing a lot of damage to Skynet's factories,Askua's marines where
taking down terminators.Then a cylon base Star and resurrection ship showed up.Roy hoped the message to Ryoko and the Spaceball got through.

:lol: :shock: This sounds like a mess just waiting to happen.

wyrmraker wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Some spamfics are funnier than a lot of the full-length fanfics.

And the thought that all Lexcorp products have anti-Superman protocols is hysterical.

wyrmraker
Hero

Alpha11, I promise that I am working on the full report from Darkraven. I've been rereading Injustice: Gods Among Us. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.
Alpha 11
Palladin

wyrmraker wrote:Alpha11, I promise that I am working on the full report from Darkraven. I've been rereading Injustice: Gods Among Us. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.

:D Can't wait to read it! :D
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Nova sipped her coffee while watching the video. What she saw nearly made her choke on it. *Cough!* "Where the hell did Batman get the Sonic Lance!?!"
taalismn
Priest

Ouch...just had a mental image of Genera; Zod loose in the multiverse....picture him in Gundam UC doing colony drops all over the place because he feels like it....Feddies and Zeon suddenly realizing they're ALL screwed....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

SRoss wrote:Nova sipped her coffee while watching the video. What she saw nearly made her choke on it. *Cough!* "Where the hell did Batman get the Sonic Lance!?!"

taalismn wrote:Ouch...just had a mental image of Genera; Zod loose in the multiverse....picture him in Gundam UC doing colony drops all over the place because he feels like it....Feddies and Zeon suddenly realizing they're ALL screwed....

:eek: :shock: :?
taalismn
Priest

"Kneel before Zod....*URK!* :shock: ...I didn't mean kneel before Zod so you can headbutt him in the 'nadgers..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

"Kneel Before Zod!"

#CRUNCH!#

EVA Unit 6 Mk. 66 Stomps Zod into the ground.

Later.

"Kneel Before Zod!"

#SLASH!#

Hotaru: (Wiping off her Silence Glieve) "Oh give it a rest already."
taalismn
Priest

"Kneel before Zo-My, what a pretty kryptonite-toothed chainsaw you have there, heh-heh-heh...(sweatdrops)"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:"Kneel before Zod....*URK!* :shock: ...I didn't mean kneel before Zod so you can headbutt him in the 'nadgers..."

SRoss wrote:"Kneel Before Zod!"

#CRUNCH!#

EVA Unit 6 Mk. 66 Stomps Zod into the ground.

Later.

"Kneel Before Zod!"

#SLASH!#

Hotaru: (Wiping off her Silence Glieve) "Oh give it a rest already."

taalismn wrote:"Kneel before Zo-My, what a pretty kryptonite-toothed chainsaw you have there, heh-heh-heh...(sweatdrops)"

SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Zod: "Kneel before..." :shock:

(Sounds of Protoculture enhanced Proton Packs powering up)

Zod: :eek: :eek: :eek: "WAIT! DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!!!" :eek: :eek: :eek:

Later...

Charon: "Well, I don't get many folks from Krypton down here." :-?
Alpha 11
Palladin

SRoss wrote:Zod: "Kneel before..." :shock:

(Sounds of Protoculture enhanced Proton Packs powering up)

Zod: :eek: :eek: :eek: "WAIT! DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!!!" :eek: :eek: :eek:

Later...

Charon: "Well, I don't get many folks from Krypton down here." :-?

SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Nova: "Anyway, during the fighting, Embryo pulled another trick out of his as err hat. Seems he could control any Mana user like a puppet, even whole groups at once."

Moran: (Shaking her head) "Oh lord! I'm seeing hoards of civilian casualties aren't I?"

Nova: "Actually it gets worse. Turns out the Bolo's network on the same wavelength."

Moran: :frazz: :nh: :frazz:

Nova: "Fortunately, the Fourth Wall Gang was able to pin down the Diachrome Brigade with their VA-6 Mothra Monster's Shock Cannons."

Moran: "Wait, we haven't fitted Shock Cannon technology to a a Monster yet?"

Nova: "Their's was modified by an R. Raccoon. Anyway, with their support, the EVAs were able to close to engage the Bolos in hand to hand combat. Apparently they aren't that effective when you flip them on their backs. Here's the damage expense report."

Moran: (Looking at the totals) :eek:
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Zod: "Kneel before ZOD! (Gets fried by a powerful burst of energy...) Eep!"
Vegeta: "I am the PRINCE OF ALL SAIYANS! It is YOU who will kneel before ME!"
Goku: "What kind of a stupid name is ZOD?!"
Vegeta: "Exactly, Kakarot!"
Goku: "Stop calling me CARROT."
They can't see me...Right!?
taalismn
Priest

SRoss wrote:Nova: "Anyway, during the fighting, Embryo pulled another trick out of his as err hat. Seems he could control any Mana user like a puppet, even whole groups at once."

Moran: (Shaking her head) "Oh lord! I'm seeing hoards of civilian casualties aren't I?"

Nova: "Actually it gets worse. Turns out the Bolo's network on the same wavelength."

:

"Once the Bolos figured out a work-around Embryo's interference..."
"They were ####ed, weren't they?"
"Worse than a farmer catching a traveling salesman seducing his chickens."
"...I did NOT need that mental image, thank you."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

SRoss wrote:Nova: "Anyway, during the fighting, Embryo pulled another trick out of his as err hat. Seems he could control any Mana user like a puppet, even whole groups at once."

Moran: :frazz: :nh: :frazz:

Nova: "Fortunately, the Fourth Wall Gang was able to pin down the Diachrome Brigade with their VA-6 Mothra Monster's Shock Cannons."

Moran: "Wait, we haven't fitted Shock Cannon technology to a a Monster yet?"

Nova: "Their's was modified by an R. Raccoon. Anyway, with their support, the EVAs were able to close to engage the Bolos in hand to hand combat. Apparently they aren't that effective when you flip them on their backs. Here's the damage expense report."

Moran: (Looking at the totals) :eek:

Arnie100 wrote:Zod: "Kneel before ZOD! (Gets fried by a powerful burst of energy...) Eep!"
Vegeta: "I am the PRINCE OF ALL SAIYANS! It is YOU who will kneel before ME!"
Goku: "What kind of a stupid name is ZOD?!"
Vegeta: "Exactly, Kakarot!"
Goku: "Stop calling me CARROT."

:lol: I smell a DEATH BATTLE!!!! Or something close to it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyl97TG ... 3B659FD65A

taalismn wrote:

:

"Once the Bolos figured out a work-around Embryo's interference..."
"They were ####ed, weren't they?"
"Worse than a farmer catching a traveling salesman seducing his chickens."
"...I did NOT need that mental image, thank you."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek: :shock: :?
Arnie100
Knight

"I thought a traveling salesman would've been after the cows?!
"You are one sick pervert..."
Last edited by Arnie100 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn
Priest

I now have the mental image of some orphan rural girl raised (in part) by a crippled and forgotten Bolo out in the countryside.
Yeah...Hellbores are rather more imposing than shotguns, no?
Though it's the anti-personnel weapons that a guy should fear more, because they won't just vaporize him instantly...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:I now have the mental image of some orphan rural girl raised (in part) by a crippled and forgotten Bolo out in the countryside.
Though it's the anti-personnel weapons that a guy should fear more, because they won't just vaporize him instantly...

"He may only have loaded those things with Salt and Pig Fat, but it's Salt & Pig Fat moving at 300 miles per second."
Arnie100
Knight

SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:I now have the mental image of some orphan rural girl raised (in part) by a crippled and forgotten Bolo out in the countryside.

"He may only have loaded those things with Salt and Pig Fat, but it's Salt & Pig Fat moving at 300 miles per second."

"IMAGINE WHAT THE BACON CAN DO." :eek:
Alpha 11
Palladin

Arnie100 wrote:"I thought a traveling salesman would've been after the cows?!
"You are one sick pervert..."

SRoss wrote:

:lol: :lol: :eek: :shock: :?

Arnie100 wrote:
SRoss wrote:

"IMAGINE WHAT THE BACON CAN DO." :eek:

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Little Dog Gone, by Keith laumer. though in that one the girl isn't an orphan per se (her mother is still alive, but so busy with work in the colony that the girl rarely see's her for long. the girl basically educates herself in advanced electronics in an effort to rebuild the colonies old (abandoned and beleived to be dead) bolo. as you can imagine, eventually that bolo becomes a vital part of defending the colony from invaders.

and to a degree The Sky is Falling by J. Steven York and Dan Wesley Smith, where a bolo, damaged and stranded, enlists the help of an orphaned kid to rescue the bolo's commander and help the bolo ensure the survival of the planet.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

glitterboy2098 wrote:

Little Dog Gone, by Keith laumer. though in that one the girl isn't an orphan per se (her mother is still alive, but so busy with work in the colony that the girl rarely see's her for long. the girl basically educates herself in advanced electronics in an effort to rebuild the colonies old (abandoned and beleived to be dead) bolo. as you can imagine, eventually that bolo becomes a vital part of defending the colony from invaders.

and to a degree The Sky is Falling by J. Steven York and Dan Wesley Smith, where a bolo, damaged and stranded, enlists the help of an orphaned kid to rescue the bolo's commander and help the bolo ensure the survival of the planet.

HALO: Legends has, as its 'slapstick feature', a sequence where a SPARTAN encounters a bunch of kids who, it is heavily implied, have been raised by the Rampant AI of a crashed and abandoned UNSC Frigate. The (off-numbered) SPARTAN's incompetence is constantly upstaged by the kids' deadpan anime-style super-sajiyan moves, suggesting that 'Mama' is indeed one GOOD teacher.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

glitterboy2098 wrote:

They both sound like cool stories.

taalismn wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:

HALO: Legends has, as its 'slapstick feature', a sequence where a SPARTAN encounters a bunch of kids who, it is heavily implied, have been raised by the Rampant AI of a crashed and abandoned UNSC Frigate. The (off-numbered) SPARTAN's incompetence is constantly upstaged by the kids' deadpan anime-style super-sajiyan moves, suggesting that 'Mama' is indeed one GOOD teacher.

I loved all of Legends! And that one was funny.
taalismn
Priest

"I can't believe you did that-"
"Why? You've seen them fly before/"
"That was with anti-gravs! What you did was sheer momentum! Why the HELL did you do something THAT half-@$$ed?! That, that, tha-"
"'Dynamic entry'. And I did it because they ASKED me to."
"THEY asked you?!"
"It's not like I had the mental ability to calculate the timing necessary to accelerate nap-of-the-waves and release a thousand BOLO such that it could skip off the ocean surface at near supersonic speed and through a fleet of surface ships..."
"'THROUGH' is a good description. How many Mitsuragan ships did that trick sink?"
"..about a dozen...the rest were strafed in passing..."
"-before they landed on the island."
"Why the island didn't crumble under that extra weight, I can't figure."
"Bolos are bat$#!+ crazy when they aren't being the most rational beings on the battlefield."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”