Robotech Crossover question

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Robotech Crossover question

Unread post by taalismn »

SRoss wrote:SRoss: :x :x :x "Ottawa's going to be hit by a Santa Bomb over Christmas!!! Thanks Khyron!!!" :x :x :x

Oh, those North Koreans.... :roll:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

SRoss wrote:SRoss: :x :x :x "Ottawa's going to be hit by a Santa Bomb over Christmas!!! Thanks Khyron!!!" :x :x :x

:lol: Getting a lot so snow?

taalismn wrote:

Oh, those North Koreans.... :roll:

I honestly wander if they really did it.
taalismn
Priest

Alpha 11 wrote:[

Cold War, Cold Weather...yeah.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:

"Right, so we're all agreed. This time around we tell Dolza the SDF-1 is in North Korea!" :twisted:
taalismn
Priest

SRoss wrote:
"Right, so we're all agreed. This time around we tell Dolza the SDF-1 is in North Korea!" :twisted:

Honestly, WHEN(not if, WHEN) that regime implodes, there's going to be an entire country full of people badly in need of reality readjustment....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:

:lol: Just blame everything on them, then? :D

SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:

:lol:

taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:

Honestly, WHEN(not if, WHEN) that regime implodes, there's going to be an entire country full of people badly in need of reality readjustment....

Sadly, true, and a lot of other things also.
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Alpha 11 wrote:
taalismn wrote:Cross Ange.
It's a Female Mecha Pilot anime with scanty-uniform fanservice, but a real twisted dark storyline. Essentially a utopian Earth where everybody knows how to manipulate 'mana'(PPE?) to power society...Everybody except the Normas, who are muggles/mundanes, and are treated lower than burakumin in society. The title character was a princess/heir-apparent to a kingdom, until it's discovered on her ascension day that her mother and father were hiding the fact that she's a norma. Cue one sinister coup orchestrated by her conniving brother and venomous little sister, an imprisoned(later executed) father, and a mother who fatally takes a bullet for the princess, and she ends up being stripped(literally) of everything, and shipped to an offshore island gulag where other female normas are pressganged into duty as mecha pilots fighting giant, possibly alien, bio-mechanoids that are threatening the paradise. The main character, who starts out as a bigoted pampered brat(think Tom Cruise's arrogant character in Edge of Tomorrow) has to deal with being low girl on the totem, hammered repeatedly that there is no hope in their society, held directly responsible for the deaths of several comrades, betrayed, manipulated, and abused repeatedly(including by her teammates), while fighting to stay alive, and it's NOT a nice world(one teammate who's been wiped from public existence discovers her mother had another daughter to erase the traumatic shame of bearing a norma, and that the little brat has learned already to parrot the social line that normas are lower than dirt).

It's kinda like if the Coalition States were magic and made mundanes the whipping boys and sewer hogs of society.

Nice summery of it so far. Though it now looks like she is going to try and burn it all down now. :twisted:

Leonard: "So, let me get this strait... Your world is being attacked by other dimensional Dragons... In order to combat them, you've taken a group of females, who because of an accident of birth are oppressed and stigmatized by your society, and given them vastly superior weapons to what your own forces use?"

Julio: "Yes. What of it?"

Leonard: "And they call me an idiot." :nh:
taalismn
Priest

The 'vastly superior forces' might be put to the test next episode, where, after getting mauled by the DRAGONs, and then Ange is shown that the DRAGONs are really transformed humans, it's announced by the Mana-user command that a fleet of ships is coming to evacuate the Norma survivors and give them relief supplies. But given that the rapidly-approaching Mana-levitation craft look like they're packing vertical-launch missile systems, it's more likely that the 'relief fleet' is really out to pull an Exterminatus. So far the mana-user militaries have looked pretty foolish competence-wise, but if they're packing enough artillery....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:The 'vastly superior forces' might be put to the test next episode, where, after getting mauled by the DRAGONs, and then Ange is shown that the DRAGONs are really transformed humans, it's announced by the Mana-user command that a fleet of ships is coming to evacuate the Norma survivors and give them relief supplies. But given that the rapidly-approaching Mana-levitation craft look like they're packing vertical-launch missile systems, it's more likely that the 'relief fleet' is really out to pull an Exterminatus. So far the mana-user militaries have looked pretty foolish competence-wise, but if they're packing enough artillery....

Well, I said weapons, not forces. I'd imagine the mana-user military has more men and conventional weapons, but they gave the Normas GUNDAM equivalent mecha.

Of course IceGuard could probably deal with the Mana-levitation fleet and it's missiles with a couple of Defenders and a Phalanx. :bandit:
taalismn
Priest

SRoss wrote:[

Of course IceGuard could probably deal with the Mana-levitation fleet and it's missiles with a couple of Defenders and a Phalanx. :bandit:

And if they get the 'Iceberg' up and running.... :D :twisted: :demon:

"This is what we call a 'thunder-run'."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Chronicler
Adventurer
Comment: "... and that is why you should never put a spork in a toaster."
-Over heard conversation in highschool

Unread post by Chronicler »

SRoss: "How much you want to bet they get curbed stomped?"

Chronicler: "Naw, that's a losing bet. I'd rather bet on how many casualties there are in the chaos of there society collapsing."

Fourth Wall Gang: :|

Chronicler: *Pulls out a scroll from thin air* "BEHOLD! With in this scroll contains the most chaotic spell I can find for this situation!"

Fourth Wall Gang: :?:

Chronicler: "Null Magic User, Permanent, God Tier. No more magic for those mana users :twisted: "
taalismn
Priest

Chronicler wrote:Chronicler: "Null Magic User, Permanent, God Tier. No more magic for those mana users :twisted: "

With THAT in effect, MAUVE SQUADRON could knock over their society.
That's adding Yutz-Tier Humiliation to Injury.

Of course, there's always the risk that Mauve will blow it(thanks to a Toombs in the works), resulting in an Inverted Yutz-Tier Humiliation(to Mauve, of course), but this will only bring in Skull Squadron to save the day steal the glory, which will result in Epic Carnage being inflicted on the Mana-users, Maia Sterling hoisting Emperor Julio by his underwear(using her Alpha Fighter, of course), and Roy Fokker bare-fist punching out 'God'(or whoever this 'Embryo' character is supposed to be).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:

BTW: Is it me, or are the Flight Suits from Cross Ange basically more adult versions of the Motion Slits from Sky Girls?
taalismn
Priest

SRoss wrote:[BTW: Is it me, or are the Flight Suits from Cross Ange basically more adult versions of the Motion Slits from Sky Girls?

Maia Sterling:(pinching her skintight flightsuit) "It's a sexist thing..."

Really, though, Bioroid Pilots have better protection. "Suddenly I don't feel so bad about wearing spandex while the Southern Cross is wearing full body armor, because somewhere somebody else is wearing a LOT less..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Chronicler
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:
Chronicler wrote:Chronicler: "Null Magic User, Permanent, God Tier. No more magic for those mana users :twisted: "

Of course, there's always the risk that Mauve will blow it(thanks to a Toombs in the works), resulting in an Inverted Yutz-Tier Humiliation(to Mauve, of course), but this will only bring in Skull Squadron to save the day steal the glory, which will result in Epic Carnage being inflicted on the Mana-users, Maia Sterling hoisting Emperor Julio by his underwear(using her Alpha Fighter, of course), and Roy Fokker bare-fist punching out 'God'(or whoever this 'Embryo' character is supposed to be).

Chronicler: "Naw, I'll handle this myself. Just get the UEsG a heads up cuz I'm using this sucker now."

*Tries to unfurl scroll. It's stuck. Instead a fuse falls out and a note*

Chronicler: :| "What?" *reads note* "Please consult the book of armaments for proper use of this scroll, signed J.C."

Alpha 11: "J.C?"

Chronicler: "Friend of mine. He gave me this just for this situation."

Taalismn: *Face palm*

Chronicler: "Brother Maynard! The Book of Armaments!"

*Monks come in chanting*

SRoss: "Are we really doing this joke again?"

Maynard: "I shall now read the Book of Armaments chapter two, verses-"

Fourth wall gang: *GROUGHN*

Fryer: "Wrong chapter Brother Maynard."

Maynard: "Sorry chapter Six, verse Sixty six: And low did Jesus wondered the megaverse after the ordeal he had in the new testament-"

Fourth Wall Gang: "WHAT!?!"

Chronicler: "He does that some times. Continue."

Maynard: "And low did he rest on a world filled with mana wielding pricks, who belittled and enslaved those that couldn't. And Jesus said "This be messed up!" Wondering through the great library did Jesus find a scroll of null magic user, low grade, and he blessed thy scroll to right the wrongs of this world. "Oh dad," Did he say, "Bless thy scroll so that thy people would be free." And low did the Lord bless the scroll to become powerful, and said onto his son "Son, thou shall F@#& $@#* up." With thy fathers command did Jesus lit the scroll and flung it in the face of thy emperor poke, and low did the scroll blew up to itty-bitty bits releasing it's mana sucking energy. And with that did all magic users lost thy power, and in turn thy slaves free to rebel. And they celebrated with Jesus with wine, and bread, and fish, and hooch, and-"

Fryer: "I think we can skip that one."

Maynard: "Right. Now to use thy scroll first attach thy fuse into the tiny hole on the left side..."

*Chronicler looks at one end*

Maynard: "Other side."

Chronicler :oops: *plugs in fuse*

Maynard: "Now thou shall lite thy fuse and count to six."

SRoss: "That's new."

Maynard: "Then thou shall toss thy scroll into the face of thy enemy"

Alpha 11: "Can't we just launch it from a bazooka?"

Chronicler: "Right, I'm tossing this."

*opens D-Gate to where Emperor Julio is. He is there singing of key in the shower*

*Lite fuse*

Emperor Julio: *sniff* "Is something burning?"

Chronicler: "6-5-4-3-2-1, Hey A$%HOLE!"

Julio: "WHAT!?!" *Gets beaned in the head with the scroll*

Chronicler: *rude jester and collapses the gate*
Last edited by Chronicler on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

SRoss: "At least it didn't go like Last Time." :roll:
taalismn
Priest

(Cross Ange: Episode 10 "Farewell From the Gallows". Derailed)
(Cut to a small office where several Ice Guard members are sitting or standing around Ange, who is currently shivering...in part due to the fact that her bare back is being treated for rope and whip abrasions by a medic, and by the fact that the room temperature is, for the Ice Guards, comfortably cool but freakin' COLD for anybody else)
Major Jones: "Miss Ange, if you're going on a rescue mission in enemy territory, you need to be aware of several things; one is learn how to sniff out an obvious trap-"
Federoff: "-Gather comprehensive intelligence on your targets-"
Corporal Tholdus: " =Have reliable backup. Going into combat with your personal maid, no matter how feisty and loyal she is, as your force multiplier, is NOT the makings of a good operation."
Samantha Porter: "Always have a Plan B. Prepare Plans C and D."
Sgt. Rockwell: "Plan B should be better than Plan A, because Plan B should ALWAYS involve explosives."
(cut to footage of the palace execution site; Emperor Julio, his aide Riza, and sister Sylvia are huddled together in terror, and the crowd is screaming in horror as all around them explosions are going off, soldiers are being launched ballistically, APCs are flipping end over end through the air, and the entire front of the palace is going up in flames. The '1812 Overture' is playing in the background)

Major Jones: (looking at Sammy) "Didn't you go on to the Blooper thread? Because if not, I'd think you'd outrank me here, what with your promotion, posthumous or not."
Sammy: "Oh, don't mind me; I couldn't miss out on this on this. I'm here to give support to a hurtin' sister."
:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

SRoss wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:
taalismn wrote:Cross Ange.
It's a Female Mecha Pilot anime with scanty-uniform fanservice, but a real twisted dark storyline. Essentially a utopian Earth where everybody knows how to manipulate 'mana'(PPE?) to power society...Everybody except the Normas, who are muggles/mundanes, and are treated lower than burakumin in society. The title character was a princess/heir-apparent to a kingdom, until it's discovered on her ascension day that her mother and father were hiding the fact that she's a norma. Cue one sinister coup orchestrated by her conniving brother and venomous little sister, an imprisoned(later executed) father, and a mother who fatally takes a bullet for the princess, and she ends up being stripped(literally) of everything, and shipped to an offshore island gulag where other female normas are pressganged into duty as mecha pilots fighting giant, possibly alien, bio-mechanoids that are threatening the paradise. The main character, who starts out as a bigoted pampered brat(think Tom Cruise's arrogant character in Edge of Tomorrow) has to deal with being low girl on the totem, hammered repeatedly that there is no hope in their society, held directly responsible for the deaths of several comrades, betrayed, manipulated, and abused repeatedly(including by her teammates), while fighting to stay alive, and it's NOT a nice world(one teammate who's been wiped from public existence discovers her mother had another daughter to erase the traumatic shame of bearing a norma, and that the little brat has learned already to parrot the social line that normas are lower than dirt).

It's kinda like if the Coalition States were magic and made mundanes the whipping boys and sewer hogs of society.

Nice summery of it so far. Though it now looks like she is going to try and burn it all down now. :twisted:

Leonard: "So, let me get this strait... Your world is being attacked by other dimensional Dragons... In order to combat them, you've taken a group of females, who because of an accident of birth are oppressed and stigmatized by your society, and given them vastly superior weapons to what your own forces use?"

Julio: "Yes. What of it?"

Leonard: "And they call me an idiot." :nh:

:lol: Though, from the last few seconds in the last episode, I wander that.
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:The 'vastly superior forces' might be put to the test next episode, where, after getting mauled by the DRAGONs, and then Ange is shown that the DRAGONs are really transformed humans, it's announced by the Mana-user command that a fleet of ships is coming to evacuate the Norma survivors and give them relief supplies. But given that the rapidly-approaching Mana-levitation craft look like they're packing vertical-launch missile systems, it's more likely that the 'relief fleet' is really out to pull an Exterminatus. So far the mana-user militaries have looked pretty foolish competence-wise, but if they're packing enough artillery....

I thought so as well.

SRoss wrote:

Well, I said weapons, not forces. I'd imagine the mana-user military has more men and conventional weapons, but they gave the Normas GUNDAM equivalent mecha.

Agree!

taalismn wrote:

Alpha 11
Palladin

Chronicler wrote:SRoss: "How much you want to bet they get curbed stomped?"

Chronicler: "Naw, that's a losing bet. I'd rather bet on how many casualties there are in the chaos of there society collapsing."

Fourth Wall Gang: :|

Chronicler: *Pulls out a scroll from thin air* "BEHOLD! With in this scroll contains the most chaotic spell I can find for this situation!"

Fourth Wall Gang: :?:

Chronicler: "Null Magic User, Permanent, God Tier. No more magic for those mana users :twisted: "

:lol: :lol: :twisted: :ok:

taalismn wrote:

:lol: I could live with that. :twisted:

SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:

BTW: Is it me, or are the Flight Suits from Cross Ange basically more adult versions of the Motion Slits from Sky Girls?

Ya, they do look like they could be.
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:[BTW: Is it me, or are the Flight Suits from Cross Ange basically more adult versions of the Motion Slits from Sky Girls?

Really, though, Bioroid Pilots have better protection. "Suddenly I don't feel so bad about wearing spandex while the Southern Cross is wearing full body armor, because somewhere somebody else is wearing a LOT less..."

:lol: So true.

Chronicler wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Chronicler: "Naw, I'll handle this myself. Just get the UEsG a heads up cuz I'm using this sucker now."

*Tries to unfurl scroll. It's stuck. Instead a fuse falls out and a note*

Chronicler: :| "What?" *reads note* "Please consult the book of armaments for proper use of this scroll, signed J.C."

Alpha 11: "J.C?"

Chronicler: "Friend of mine. He gave me this just for this situation."

Taalismn: *Face palm*

Chronicler: "Brother Maynard! The Book of Armaments!"

*Monks come in chanting*

SRoss: "Are we really doing this joke again?"

Maynard: "I shall now read the Book of Armaments chapter two, verses-"

Fourth wall gang: *GROUGHN*

Fryer: "Wrong chapter Brother Maynard."

Maynard: "Sorry chapter Six, verse Sixty six: And low did Jesus wondered the megaverse after the ordeal he had in the new testament-"

Fourth Wall Gang: "WHAT!?!"

Chronicler: "He does that some times. Continue."

Maynard: "And low did he rest on a world filled with mana wielding pricks, who belittled and enslaved those that couldn't. And Jesus said "This be messed up!" Wondering through the great library did Jesus find a scroll of null magic user, low grade, and he blessed thy scroll to right the wrongs of this world. "Oh dad," Did he say, "Bless thy scroll so that thy people would be free." And low did the Lord bless the scroll to become powerful, and said onto his son "Son, thou shall F@#& $@#* up." With thy fathers command did Jesus lit the scroll and flung it in the face of thy emperor poke, and low did the scroll blew up to itty-bitty bits releasing it's mana sucking energy. And with that did all magic users lost thy power, and in turn thy slaves free to rebel. And they celebrated with Jesus with wine, and bread, and fish, and hooch, and-"

Fryer: "I think we can skip that one."

Maynard: "Right. Now to use thy scroll first attach thy fuse into the tiny hole on the left side..."

*Chronicler looks at one end*

Maynard: "Other side."

Chronicler :oops: *plugs in fuse*

Maynard: "Now thou shall lite thy fuse and count to six."

SRoss: "That's new."

Maynard: "Then thou shall toss thy scroll into the face of thy enemy"

Alpha 11: "Can't we just launch it from a bazooka?"

Chronicler: "Right, I'm tossing this."

*opens D-Gate to where Emperor Julio is. He is there singing of key in the shower*

*Lite fuse*

Emperor Julio: *sniff* "Is something burning?"

Chronicler: "6-5-4-3-2-1, Hey A$%HOLE!"

Julio: "WHAT!?!" *Gets beaned in the head with the scroll*

Chronicler: *rude jester and collapses the gate*

SRoss wrote:SRoss: "At least it didn't go like Last Time." :roll:

Crap, its been blocked!

taalismn wrote:(Cross Ange: Episode 10 "Farewell From the Gallows". Derailed)
(Cut to a small office where several Ice Guard members are sitting or standing around Ange, who is currently shivering...in part due to the fact that her bare back is being treated for rope and whip abrasions by a medic, and by the fact that the room temperature is, for the Ice Guards, comfortably cool but freakin' COLD for anybody else)
Major Jones: "Miss Ange, if you're going on a rescue mission in enemy territory, you need to be aware of several things; one is learn how to sniff out an obvious trap-"
Federoff: "-Gather comprehensive intelligence on your targets-"
Corporal Tholdus: " =Have reliable backup. Going into combat with your personal maid, no matter how feisty and loyal she is, as your force multiplier, is NOT the makings of a good operation."
Samantha Porter: "Always have a Plan B. Prepare Plans C and D."
Sgt. Rockwell: "Plan B should be better than Plan A, because Plan B should ALWAYS involve explosives."
(cut to footage of the palace execution site; Emperor Julio, his aide Riza, and sister Sylvia are huddled together in terror, and the crowd is screaming in horror as all around them explosions are going off, soldiers are being launched ballistically, APCs are flipping end over end through the air, and the entire front of the palace is going up in flames. The '1812 Overture is playing in the background)

Major Jones: (looking at Sammy) "Didn't you go on to the Blooper thread? Because if not, I'd think you'd outrank me here, what with your promotion, posthumous or not."
Sammy: "Oh, don't mind me; I couldn't miss out on this on this. I'm here to give support to a hurtin' sister."
:

:lol: :lol:
taalismn
Priest

There comes a moment in every person's life where they find the attention of the world on themselves for the very worst and wrong reasons, and they find themselves all too aware that they are found wanting in the eyes of the world. That moment when people want nothing more than to shrink from sight, hide under a rock, vanish into thin air.
Emperor Julio Asuka Misurugi is experiencing just such a moment. His palace has just imploded. His little sister and fellow hater of his other sister is clinging screaming to his leg, her fingers cutting off the circulation in that limb. His soldiers are raining down and splattering all around him. A good portion of his armored personal guard regiment is in flaming ruin behind him. His personal aide Riza is laying unconscious and of no help next to him. A panicking screaming crowd of sycophants is looking to him for help, and the floating cameras that he himself had ordered set to record for posterity his cleansing of his family bloodline are fixed on him, awaiting his response.
He has just realized he cannot call upon the Light of Mana.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Pretty good for a scroll with a "Made in Taiwan tag on it." :wink:
taalismn
Priest

Chronicler: (chortling) "Wait for it...wait for it....Go for the close-up! Go for the close-up! YES! And we have the 'Pure' emperor of Misurugi wetting himself!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Chronicler
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:Chronicler: (chortling) "Wait for it...wait for it....Go for the close-up! Go for the close-up! YES! And we have the 'Pure' emperor of Misurugi wetting himself!"

Siting next to him on the couch sat a dark skinned man with long black hair and beard to boot. He wares nothing more than a white t-shirt, slacks, and sandals.

J.C: "Couldn't done it myself man. Hey Rufus! You're missing out man!"

The thirteenth apostle: "The popcorn's still cooking!"

J.C: "Just come over."

Rufus: "Naw'u last time I left it in alone it burnt man!"

Jay: "Did we miss anything good?"

Chronicler: "Just Julio pissing himself. But it's getting better."

Jay: "Right on!"

Silent Bob: *nods in agreement.*

(Dogma reference: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120655/ )
taalismn
Priest

"Now wait for the mob to turn on him...after they pass through the denial stage, of course."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Chronicler
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:"Now wait for the mob to turn on him...after they pass through the denial stage, of course."

Jay: *puff* "So they do know they can't use their freaky manna voodoo bulls@#$?"

Chronicler: "Give it a moment."

On TV: "I CAN'T BE A NORMAL!"

Silent Bob: "Whoop, there it is."

Jay hits Bob in the solder. Silent Bob shrugs a "What?" look.
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Chronicler wrote:
taalismn wrote:"Now wait for the mob to turn on him...after they pass through the denial stage, of course."

Jay: *puff* "So they do know they can't use their freaky manna voodoo bulls@#$?"

SRoss: "Now we release the Golgothan." :demon:
taalismn
Priest

"So...these para-mail pilots use a 'magic bullet' to freeze DRAGONs in ice, right? "
'Right, though 'magic' may be not applicable here."
"Doesn't matter. We're Ice Guard, why can't we do that too?"
"Hmmmm....why not indeed?"
:twisted: :twisted:

Meanwhile, Julio's banging on the controls of a hovercar, trying to get it to work.
"START! COME ON,-START-! WHY WON'T YOU START????!!!"
Meanwhile we hear the baying of the crowd. outside.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Edwards: "And just how does this cross-dimensional regime change further our plans?"

Cinder Fall: (Stroking his face) "Oh Edwards, You'll know what you need when you need to know." :twisted:
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:There comes a moment in every person's life where they find the attention of the world on themselves for the very worst and wrong reasons, and they find themselves all too aware that they are found wanting in the eyes of the world. That moment when people want nothing more than to shrink from sight, hide under a rock, vanish into thin air.
Emperor Julio Asuka Misurugi is experiencing just such a moment. His palace has just imploded. His little sister and fellow hater of his other sister is clinging screaming to his leg, her fingers cutting off the circulation in that limb. His soldiers are raining down and splattering all around him. A good portion of his armored personal guard regiment is in flaming ruin behind him. His personal aide Riza is laying unconscious and of no help next to him. A panicking screaming crowd of sycophants is looking to him for help, and the floating cameras that he himself had ordered set to record for posterity his cleansing of his family bloodline are fixed on him, awaiting his response.
He has just realized he cannot call upon the Light of Mana.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

SRoss wrote:Pretty good for a scroll with a "Made in Taiwan tag on it." :wink:

taalismn wrote:Chronicler: (chortling) "Wait for it...wait for it....Go for the close-up! Go for the close-up! YES! And we have the 'Pure' emperor of Misurugi wetting himself!"

Chronicler wrote:

Siting next to him on the couch sat a dark skinned man with long black hair and beard to boot. He wares nothing more than a white t-shirt, slacks, and sandals.

J.C: "Couldn't done it myself man. Hey Rufus! You're missing out man!"

The thirteenth apostle: "The popcorn's still cooking!"

J.C: "Just come over."

Rufus: "Naw'u last time I left it in alone it burnt man!"

Jay: "Did we miss anything good?"

Chronicler: "Just Julio pissing himself. But it's getting better."

Jay: "Right on!"

Silent Bob: *nods in agreement.*

(Dogma reference: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120655/ )

:lol: :twisted:

Chronicler wrote:

Alpha 11
Palladin

SRoss wrote:
Chronicler wrote:

SRoss: "Now we release the Golgothan." :demon:

:lol: :shock: :eek:

taalismn wrote:"So...these para-mail pilots use a 'magic bullet' to freeze DRAGONs in ice, right? "
'Right, though 'magic' may be not applicable here."
"Doesn't matter. We're Ice Guard, why can't we do that too?"
"Hmmmm....why not indeed?"
:twisted: :twisted:

Meanwhile, Julio's banging on the controls of a hovercar, trying to get it to work.
"START! COME ON,-START-! WHY WON'T YOU START????!!!"
Meanwhile we hear the baying of the crowd. outside.

SRoss wrote:Edwards: "And just how does this cross-dimensional regime change further our plans?"

Cinder Fall: (Stroking his face) "Oh Edwards, You'll know what you need when you need to know." :twisted:

SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

SRoss: "Apparently no one brought aerosol with them to the execution."
taalismn
Priest

SRoss wrote:SRoss: "Apparently no one brought aerosol with them to the execution."

Sergeant Amanda ‘Armaggedon’ Gideon: "Actually I did, but-"
Corporal Tolliver: "I'm not sure a Fuel Air Explosive was what Mr. SRoss meant by that."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

SRoss: "And Ms Gideon, what do we get when you use a fuel air explosive on a Sh*t Demon?"

Gideon: (Raising her hand) "A burning sh*t demon sir!?!"

SRoss: "Very good. Since I'm the only one who had the presence of mind to bring CBR gear, the rest of you are on your own."
taalismn
Priest

SRoss wrote:SRoss: "And Ms Gideon, what do we get when you use a fuel air explosive on a Sh*t Demon?"

SRoss: "Very good. Since I'm the only one who had the presence of mind to bring CBR gear, the rest of you are on your own."

Well, standard Ice Guard EBA is, well, EBA. Wind chill factor and mutant polar bear halitosis are equal opportunity killers....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

SRoss wrote:SRoss: "Apparently no one brought aerosol with them to the execution."

taalismn wrote:

Sergeant Amanda ‘Armaggedon’ Gideon: "Actually I did, but-"
Corporal Tolliver: "I'm not sure a Fuel Air Explosive was what Mr. SRoss meant by that."

SRoss wrote:SRoss: "And Ms Gideon, what do we get when you use a fuel air explosive on a Sh*t Demon?"

:lol: :lol: :shock: :eek: :?

taalismn wrote:

Well, standard Ice Guard EBA is, well, EBA. Wind chill factor and mutant polar bear halitosis are equal opportunity killers....

taalismn
Priest

Also, when launching aromatic attacks, remain UPWIND. Ideally bring your own means to alter wind direction if the ideal tactical starting position is not upwind of your target...or wind direction changes.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

GMP HQ...

The guards slammed the door locking Captain Zola in her cell...

Suddenly, she became aware of a shadow in the room with her...

Zola: "Who are you?" :-x

Sean: "I'm Rapeman!" :twisted:

Zola: :demon: :demon: :demon:

Out side the cell the guards can hear the sound of thrashing and the tearing of clothes...

Sean: :eek: :eek: :eek: "FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! LET ME OUT!!!" :eek: :eek: :eek:

Guard #1: "Sorry Sean! Nova's orders! She said if you ever did the Rapeman shtick again we were to hoist you by your own petard..."

Sean: (Begging) "But surely Marie would object to leaving me here!?!"

Guard #2: "Actually, she co-signed the order..."
taalismn
Priest

Ange: (after being released from the gallows)"Not that I'm complaining or anything, but don't I usually get a man's shirt when this happens?"
Ice Guard Soldier:(wrapping the fur robe around Ange) "Cotton's hard to come by where we come from, ma'am. Fur's plentiful. We have a saying; 'If it tried to eat you, you get to wear it'."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:Also, when launching aromatic attacks, remain UPWIND. Ideally bring your own means to alter wind direction if the ideal tactical starting position is not upwind of your target...or wind direction changes.

:frazz:

SRoss wrote:GMP HQ...

The guards slammed the door locking Captain Zola in her cell...

Suddenly, she became aware of a shadow in the room with her...

Zola: "Who are you?" :-x

Sean: "I'm Rapeman!" :twisted:

Zola: :demon: :demon: :demon:

Out side the cell the guards can hear the sound of thrashing and the tearing of clothes...

Sean: :eek: :eek: :eek: "FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! LET ME OUT!!!" :eek: :eek: :eek:

Guard #1: "Sorry Sean! Nova's orders! She said if you ever did the Rapeman shtick again we were to hoist you by your own petard..."

Sean: (Begging) "But surely Marie would object to leaving me here!?!"

Guard #2: "Actually, she co-signed the order..."

:lol: :lol: :shock:

taalismn wrote:Ange: (after being released from the gallows)"Not that I'm complaining or anything, but don't I usually get a man's shirt when this happens?"
Ice Guard Soldier:(wrapping the fur robe around Ange) "Cotton's hard to come by where we come from, ma'am. Fur's plentiful. We have a saying; 'If it tried to eat you, you get to wear it'."

taalismn
Priest

Ange: "But...fur underwear?!"
IG Trooper: "What can I say? Some of us take 'buy local' to an extreme."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:Ange: "But...fur underwear?!"
IG Trooper: "What can I say? Some of us take 'buy local' to an extreme."

:lol: :shock:
taalismn
Priest

Intervention, Old-School.

Jill glared at the smirking blond-haired man over the sights of her revolver.
“Embryo.”
”It’s really quite useless to defy fa-”
“Excuse me.”
The two, norma and hologram, turned to face the new voice. Another blond-haired man stepped out of the woods, but this man was taller, muscular, with tan skin, and a smile that bespoke, not of arrogance, but of easy-going confidence. He was wearing a uniform of distinctive military cut, but of what nation or service, Jill was unfamiliar.
The man looked Embryo over. “You wouldn’t happen to be the local ‘creator’ or ‘god’ I’ve heard about in these parts?”
Embryo smirked again. “Not what I call myself but I have that distinction of being called that. They are but a few of my many bestowed titles.”
“Oh good!” The man looked at Jill, gun still drawn, “You don’t have to hold a gun on him.”
Embryo shrugged unconcerned. “That’s what I told her. It’s just a useless ge-”
#WHAMOOOooooo!!!#
Jill hadn’t seen the taller man move, or see how he somehow made the holgram’s face almost come off, nor sent it flying in a twisting curve into the woods, as if it had been slammed with a hypersonic right hook. Embryo disappeared into the foliage in a limp-doll corkscrew.
“@$$hole.”
Jill stared at the newcomer. “Who the hell are you?! WHAT are you?!”
“Oh, me? I’m Roy Fokker, Commander, Patron-Saint of Combat Pilots. Pleased to meet you. My wife Claudia’s with the Valkyrie Corps, gathering up worthy souls to welcome to Valhalla where heroes dwell for eternity. But I’m here to help you with more material matters. So, what can we do for you?”

On the other side of the island from where that introduction was being made, water boiled and foamed as a massive vessel surfaced from beneath the waves. Easily crashing through the rocky barrier of the atoll, the giant ship’s bow opened up and a long ramp began to extend itself towards Arzenal Island.

A few miles away, aboard his flagship, another blonde-haired man with imperial aspirations and delusions of grandeur stared in stunned surprise at what his loyal followers were reporting, panic rising in their voices as they rattled off ever-upward changing numbers. Displays flashed red and showed a growing number of incoming tracks converging on the fleet. Countermeasures and evasive manuevers were being implemented, but there were too many incomings, too little warning....
Seconds later, the first wave of missiles struck home.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:

Mori Yuki: "Hey! At least you were issued the same uniform as the men..."

Yamato Girls: "Yeah."
taalismn
Priest

Male uniforms flap. Female uniforms snap and slap.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:Intervention, Old-School.

Jill glared at the smirking blond-haired man over the sights of her revolver.
“Embryo.”
”It’s really quite useless to defy fa-”
“Excuse me.”
The two, norma and hologram, turned to face the new voice. Another blond-haired man stepped out of the woods, but this man was taller, muscular, with tan skin, and a smile that bespoke, not of arrogance, but of easy-going confidence. He was wearing a uniform of distinctive military cut, but of what nation or service, Jill was unfamiliar.
The man looked Embryo over. “You wouldn’t happen to be the local ‘creator’ or ‘god’ I’ve heard about in these parts?”
Embryo smirked again. “Not what I call myself but I have that distinction of being called that. They are but a few of my many bestowed titles.”
“Oh good!” The man looked at Jill, gun still drawn, “You don’t have to hold a gun on him.”
Embryo shrugged unconcerned. “That’s what I told her. It’s just a useless ge-”
#WHAMOOOooooo!!!#
Jill hadn’t seen the taller man move, or see how he somehow made the holgram’s face almost come off, nor sent it flying in a twisting curve into the woods, as if it had been slammed with a hypersonic right hook. Embryo disappeared into the foliage in a limp-doll corkscrew.
“@$$hole.”
Jill stared at the newcomer. “Who the hell are you?! WHAT are you?!”
“Oh, me? I’m Roy Fokker, Commander, Patron-Saint of Combat Pilots. Pleased to meet you. My wife Claudia’s with the Valkyrie Corps, gathering up worthy souls to welcome to Valhalla where heroes dwell for eternity. But I’m here to help you with more material matters. So, what can we do for you?”

On the other side of the island from where that introduction was being made, water boiled and foamed as a massive vessel surfaced from beneath the waves. Easily crashing through the rocky barrier of the atoll, the giant ship’s bow opened up and a long ramp began to extend itself towards Arzenal Island.

A few miles away, aboard his flagship, another blonde-haired man with imperial aspirations and delusions of grandeur stared in stunned surprise at what his loyal followers were reporting, panic rising in their voices as they rattled off ever-upward changing numbers. Displays flashed red and showed a growing number of incoming tracks converging on the fleet. Countermeasures and evasive manuevers were being implemented, but there were too many incomings, too little warning....
Seconds later, the first wave of missiles struck home.

:D :ok: HO, YAAA!!!! :ok: :D :twisted:

SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:

I don't remember them being that tight.

taalismn wrote:

Male uniforms flap. Female uniforms snap and slap.

:lol: :roll:
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Alpha 11 wrote:
SRoss wrote:Mori Yuki: "Hey! At least you were issued the same uniform as the men..."

I don't remember them being that tight.

Check out Space Battleship Yamato 2199, they're that tight.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

yep.. but look at what all the guys wear..

even the male fighter pilots end up in real uniforms compared to the skintight suit of the female pilot.. though the pilot flightsuits are more form hugging than the male general crew uniform.

what's oddest is that while on earth before the yamato is launched.. the female crew members all rear regular uniforms similar to those of the male crew..or otherwise normal outfits for their jobs.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

I always figured the reasonable explanation for skintight military uniforms like skinsuits would be, especially in settings in space and with heavy body armor and power armor, the skinsuit facilitates getting in and out of tight-fitting mecha and pressure armor in a hurry. In my Paladin Steel/Rifts setting, MDC bodysuits similar to the Blind Warrior Women padded armor are the trend for both male and female military personnel(and many civilians) since it provides some limited protection against energy weapons and chemical hazards, and makes getting into more protective armor and robots/power armor an easier matter in an emergency.
In most anime, though, I doubt that rationale applies. The list where the guys are wearing full body suits or armor, while the women wear dental floss is nearly endless, with no explanatio in sight. The Major in Ghost in the Shell can sneak past this because she's a full-conversion cyborg, essentially wearing a Ferrari for a body(and if you got it, flaunt it!), but even she dressed in more practical combat gear when need-be.
In Cross Ange, for example, we see the differences side by side in the flashbacks to Tusk's mother and father. Mother's wearing a para-mail cut-out and g-string, while Dad's wearing a rather more protective full body suit(in flashbacks in Episode 12, it's shown that these outfits feature full helmets as well, making them look like Rifts NEMA body armor, and they appear to be the standard BDUs of the surviving pre-Mana Human armed forces, worn by male and female soldeirs alike...we see a dead 'Old-style' female human in the armor).
So...in-universe, either the Mana-ists really want to humiliate their norma slave-soldiers(hard to do since Arzenal's all-female) with skimpy outfits, their para-mails require more physical contact points than just the neuro-jack plate on the back, or the normas got some strange ideas on what proper BDUs should cover...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”