Will there be one last Robotect Book before the end of RT?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kargan3033
Hero

Will there be one last Robotect Book before the end of RT?

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

I am wondering if there will be one last Robotech book before the end of Robotech.

If there is to be one last book I hope it will be a book about the starships of Robotech.
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "
taalismn
Priest

Re: Will there be one last Robotect Book before the end of R

Unread post by taalismn »

Kargan3033 wrote:I am wondering if there will be one last Robotech book before the end of Robotech.

If there is to be one last book I hope it will be a book about the starships of Robotech.

Not enough time. so zilch, no. :(
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Starships didn't even have anyone working on it, and Ghost Fleets was still in early writing, so no.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Kargan3033
Hero

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

Damn. :(
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

To bad,I was Hoping for a Zentraedi,s book and a Spaceships,s book.

Is ther still a chance this books will be make?
taalismn
Priest

gaby wrote:To bad,I was Hoping for a Zentraedi,s book and a Spaceships,s book.

Not unless Harmony Gold leases the rights to another gaming company(and system).
I think that very unlikely.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

If I get motivated to or if someone else wants to do it, I've alread redone all the ship stats...just need decent-good deck plans....
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
taalismn
Priest

jaymz wrote:If I get motivated to or if someone else wants to do it, I've alread redone all the ship stats...just need decent-good deck plans....

THAT...sounds promising.

Hell, even good planviews of the Southern Cross ships would be welcome(but I understand that the original lineart for Super Dimensional Cavalry Glorie is virtually nonexistent).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Taal - if you are on Facebook message me

Jaymz LaFlamme
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
taalismn
Priest

jaymz wrote:Taal - if you are on Facebook message me

Jaymz LaFlamme

(shrug) I don't Facebook(ESPECIALLY now^)

*Misplaced my tin foil hat. :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

actually, as a setting advisor and minor contributor for Ghost Fleet, i have several starships written up (two mostly complete, and 1 partly) as well as a number of pages on "Life aboard a Starship", which looks at different aspects of earth ships that would effect roleplay (crew watches, drills, details on living quarters and amenities; what engine rooms, cargo areas, and other parts of the ship would be like, etc. only got about halfway through it before the announcement. still had to write up the bridge&CIC, as well as the hanger bays. was also going to toss in a 'technology primer' on important systems.. life support, power systems, communications, sensors, as well as sublight and fold drives.. sadly while i have a bunch of notes for that part, i never even got started writing it.)

eventually i plan to add them to my website, along with actual stats for many of the original stuff currently there. https://sites.google.com/site/thetemplegrounds/

and the nice thing is that since most robotech ships use common weapon systems and such, it shouldn't be hard to work up more.
Last edited by glitterboy2098 on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

taalismn wrote:

Not unless Harmony Gold leases the rights to another gaming company(and system).

Is this even a real possibility? I mean one of the reasons this failed so spectacularly is that Robotech seems to be a dying a IP. Wasn't Shadow Chronicles supposed to be the first of three animated films and they were talking about a live action movie, none of those happened. is anybody going to be willing to pay for IP with no new material?
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Warshield73 wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Is this even a real possibility? I mean one of the reasons this failed so spectacularly is that Robotech seems to be a dying a IP. Wasn't Shadow Chronicles supposed to be the first of three animated films and they were talking about a live action movie, none of those happened. is anybody going to be willing to pay for IP with no new material?

Robotech has been a dying IP for a lot longer in truth. And Yes about TSC/LA. Depending on what the person paying the IP is willing to do I could see it, but I can't also see the line being viable w/o new material (either generated by HG or the new holder).
maasenstodt
Adventurer

Unread post by maasenstodt »

Warshield73 wrote:
taalismn wrote:Not unless Harmony Gold leases the rights to another gaming company(and system).

Is this even a real possibility?

You might want to check this out.
taalismn
Priest

glitterboy2098 wrote:actually, as a setting advisor and minor contributor for Ghost Fleet, i have several starships written up (two mostly complete, and 1 partly) as well as a number of pages on "Life aboard a Starship", which looks at different aspects of earth ships that would effect roleplay (crew watches, drills, details on living quarters and amenities; what engine rooms, cargo areas, and other parts of the ship would be like, etc. only got about halfway through it before the announcement. still had to write up the bridge&CIC, as well as the hanger bays. was also going to toss in a 'technology primer' on important systems.. life support, power systems, communications, sensors, as well as sublight and fold drives.. sadly while i have a bunch of notes for that part, i never even got started writing it.).

"And this is the emergency deck reinforcement kit for the floors directly above the ship anti-gravity generators. If you see the floor start to bulge, you can throw this combination plank and cargo net across the floor and use this handy stapler/bolt gun to anchor the reinforcement patch in place-"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

more like answering question of "so just where do all those crew sleep?" (especially on the small and way overcrowded earth vessels like the garfish, ikazuchi, ASC ships, etc. the Super-capitals like the SDF's and the zentraedi ships can obviously afford to give their crews fairly large amounts of space, given they are big enough to fit actual cities into if you wanted)

or "what does an engineering compartment look like".
or "so where are all those foodstuffs, missiles, and spare parts being put?"

as wells as "just what kind of sensors do starships use?", "how fast are Fold Drives anyway?", and other such questions.

i'll admit some of it is a bit speculative, but i reviewed footage from the show whenever possible to figure out how such things were presented across the different era's, and i mixed in a fair degree of logical extrapolation of how naval vessels IRL work as well as some stuff from the state of space exploration knowledge and concepts up to the 90's. i kept it fairly simple and didn't go into too much detail. basically it was going to be a framework so GM's could fill out the specifics themselves. the point was to put them all on the same starting page, and make it feel like robotech.. instead of too much like Star trek, star wars, or whatever other scifi show the Gm might otherwise have ended up using as inspiration.

counting only the parts i finished, i have 2614 words on the subject.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

maasenstodt wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
taalismn wrote:Not unless Harmony Gold leases the rights to another gaming company(and system).

Is this even a real possibility?

You might want to check this out.

OK, I'm going to keep my eye on this. I wonder how big a game this is going to be or what is going to happen after 2021 with it.
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

glitterboy2098 wrote:more like answering question of "so just where do all those crew sleep?" (especially on the small and way overcrowded earth vessels like the garfish, ikazuchi, ASC ships, etc. the Super-capitals like the SDF's and the zentraedi ships can obviously afford to give their crews fairly large amounts of space, given they are big enough to fit actual cities into if you wanted)

or "what does an engineering compartment look like".
or "so where are all those foodstuffs, missiles, and spare parts being put?"

as wells as "just what kind of sensors do starships use?", "how fast are Fold Drives anyway?", and other such questions.

i'll admit some of it is a bit speculative, but i reviewed footage from the show whenever possible to figure out how such things were presented across the different era's, and i mixed in a fair degree of logical extrapolation of how naval vessels IRL work as well as some stuff from the state of space exploration knowledge and concepts up to the 90's. i kept it fairly simple and didn't go into too much detail. basically it was going to be a framework so GM's could fill out the specifics themselves. the point was to put them all on the same starting page, and make it feel like robotech.. instead of too much like Star trek, star wars, or whatever other scifi show the Gm might otherwise have ended up using as inspiration.

counting only the parts i finished, i have 2614 words on the subject.

How many of those 2614 words could be altered to make this a Phase World book? I mean you've done a lot of work here could any of it be salvaged to CAF and TGE designs?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

ehh... maybe? with what i have i could probably do it, but it might also take a lot of extra rework. especially since the Phase world ships, even within a single faction, have a lot more variation to them than robotech stuff. plus i'd have to adjust for the different techbase.. robotech's stuff can be viewed as basically 20th century tech with some fancy tricks as earth learned how to use the master's tech better. phase world is a lot closer to trek or star wars in feel for a lot of things. and that isn't even touching on the UWW!

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

glitterboy2098 wrote:more like answering question of "so just where do all those crew sleep?" (especially on the small and way overcrowded earth vessels like the garfish, ikazuchi, ASC ships, etc. the Super-capitals like the SDF's and the zentraedi ships can obviously afford to give their crews fairly large amounts of space, given they are big enough to fit actual cities into if you wanted)

"Of all the pre-Global Civil War and Rain of Death trends you had to preserve, why was it 'capsule motels'?!" :badbad:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”