Ghost Fleet and New Books

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Re: Ghost Fleet and New Books

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

I would love to get this in the RAW edition as well as the final cut. I am excited to see something new to help the UEEF/Sentinels storyline grow.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I love the idea of Ghost Fleet.
Any chance they may add some civilain,s ships?

Maybe they can give info on how to do Crossover with H,U:Aliens Unlimited and Phase world?
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

gaby wrote:I love the idea of Ghost Fleet.

Maybe they can give info on how to do Crossover with H,U:Aliens Unlimited and Phase world?

Not sure if this is what you mean by "civilian" but I would love to see ships used by the other races as well as Tirolean ships they used for exploration, mining, or cargo. It could be fun to have a group of Robotech
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

Warshield73 wrote:
gaby wrote:I love the idea of Ghost Fleet.

Not sure if this is what you mean by "civilian" but I would love to see ships used by the other races as well as Tirolean ships they used for exploration, mining, or cargo. It could be fun to have a group of Robotech

If they are going to do colonies...it would make sense to have civilian passenger and cargo ships for trade between colonies. You would not rely on the UEEF for all transport.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Just give me a Tokugawa and stats for Super Alpha and Betas before we start making up our own stuff. Hit up the stuff seen in the shows first.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Super Alpha's and Beta's probably won't happen anytime soon. HG would be playing those details close to the chest i suspect, since they'd be a big part of shadow chronicle sequels.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

glitterboy2098 wrote:Super Alpha's and Beta's probably won't happen anytime soon. HG would be playing those details close to the chest i suspect, since they'd be a big part of shadow chronicle sequels.

"Sequels"? Really? It's been eleven years does Harmony Gold even make animation, or anything else, anymore?

They never finished Sentinels and it seems unlikely that they will ever finish Shadow Chronicles so I hope to see all the mechs in future gaming books since we arn't going to see them anywhere else.
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

i never said it was a reasonable stance. but HG continues to promise that they will make the sequel.

and really, we can't do stats for it anyway.. literally all the info on it we have is the name and a few brief glimpses from the film. no real details on what stuff got upgraded.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

Anyone notice there are no updates about Ghost Fleet or Robotech in general in the weekly updates for a few months now?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

as i can attest from my rifts work, writing books can take time. PB has a bad habit of announcing books long before they are ready, even long before they are half done.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Back when I used to buy First Edition Robotech in the stores, the formula was, take the release date in the catalog and tack on one or two years before you see it on the shelves.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

can be more like 4 or 5. in the case og Ghost Fleet, i suspect that the announcement followed the proposal, and that not a lot of actual finished writing had happened yet.

plus the author found out that several of his original ideas didn't fit the canon timeline, so is probably busy reworking some of it. (originally ghost fleet was going to include Shadow tech in the early 2030's, but the HG's canon timeline has it as a 2040's thing, seen in prelude. so there is probably a fair bit of reworking of some ideas going on.)

and as far as ships go.. i suspect we can be sure we'll get at least a few. but there are a lot of ships with no stats yet that could easily show up in the scenario the book will cover.. plus the ones from the Deluxe core book need reprints with updates to bring their stats in line with the stuff from the Macross/ASC/genesis pits books. (mainly in terms of the speeds and fold drive info)

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

glitterboy2098 wrote:i never said it was a reasonable stance. but HG continues to promise that they will make the sequel.

and really, we can't do stats for it anyway.. literally all the info on it we have is the name and a few brief glimpses from the film. no real details on what stuff got upgraded.

OK, this I believe, thanks for the clarification.

Really though what I want from Robotech books is starships and world stats. Locations for adventure out in the territory of the Masters and the Invid. We have plenty of mecha and OCC's. How much of this do you think we are likely to get?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

i think it likely we'll see more ships. probably just a couple a book, the way Macross saga, masters saga, and genesis pits did it.

as far as worlds, i suspect we'll get some in the ghost fleet book, but i'd suspect we'll get more "original" worlds like appeared in genesis pits, rather than details on worlds like tirol, garuda, praxis, etc.. beyond what UEEF marines gave. largely because we don't really have any current canon for them, and they kinda fall into the same "well HG might be using them in the future" limbo as the super alpha's.

personally i would liek to see more info on human colony worlds. we have a bunch of dialog supporting such worlds existing, and they'd make good spots for sentinels era campaigns (since odds are most of them would have been dropped off along the way to Tirol, creating a chain back to earth), as well as sites for Haydonite war era campaigns.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Kagashi wrote:Just give me a Tokugawa and stats for Super Alpha and Betas before we start making up our own stuff. Hit up the stuff seen in the shows first.

Tok. yes, Super A/B no.

All the Super A/B amounts to really is FAST Packs for the Alpha and Beta, that's all it really amounts to. Plus it doesn't seem likely given their role. (I suspect if a followup ever happens we'll see new mecha).

There is far more in the show that they've missed or could go back to and explore than just the Tok. and Super A/B.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”