Question about what a collection is worth

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gordyzx9r
Hero

Question about what a collection is worth

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

I have the complete collection of original Robotech RPG books, none of the newer stuff (see list below). I bought them all, new. Never used them. Books are pretty much perfect. They've been in storage for years and I've been slowly getting rid of things that I haven't touched in years and got honest with myself...probably never will.

○ Ghost Ship
○ Invid Invasion
○ Lancer’s Rockers
○ Macross
○ New World Order
○ RDF Accelerated Training Program
○ RDF Manual
○ REF Field Guide
○ Robotech the RPG
○ Southern Cross
○ Strike Force
○ The Return of the Monsters
○ The Sentinels
○ Zentraedi
○ Zentraedi Breakout

I won't break it up, will only sell as the complete library. And I'm in no rush so it's not a fire sale. What is that worth these days?
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Re: Question about what a collection is worth

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

gordyzx9r wrote:I have the complete collection of original Robotech RPG books, none of the newer stuff (see list below). I bought them all, new. Never used them. Books are pretty much perfect. They've been in storage for years and I've been slowly getting rid of things that I haven't touched in years and got honest with myself...probably never will.
[...]
I won't break it up, will only sell as the complete library. And I'm in no rush so it's not a fire sale. What is that worth these days?

The "1st Edition" Robotech RPG's books are fairly common items on eBay, and the typical asking price is often comparable or slightly less than what they cost new in the 80's (MSRP+tax)... about $10-12 US per volume. There have been a few people trying to flip them for more, but with a conspicuous lack of success if they go much above $15 a volume.

So... if they're all in Mint or Near Mint condition, maybe $225 for the lot. I wouldn't expect a lot of interest in an all or nothing listing though, since most of the remaining Robotech fandom already has the books (and/or illegal PDF bootlegs of same).
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Yeah there are only 3 or 4 books I'd be willing to buy off of you. But I wouldn't pay more than 10 a book plus shipping.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Mostly depends if you are able to sell to a collector or a player.

A player is probably looking for a back up copy for books they already have o to fill the gaps in the library. You'll be doing less than cover (which wasn't that big on those books to begin with).

If you are able to ind a collector, and the condition is good enough, you might just snag some decent coin. I'd suggest looking up collections on EBay to see how they do.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”