Robotech Rifts Crossover Campaign Link

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

bobharly
Explorer

Robotech Rifts Crossover Campaign Link

Unread post by bobharly »

http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=151229

I only want to maintain one thread, but since it is a hybrid campaign I wanted to share with both Robotech and Rifts Fan.

This is a post-Reflex Point campaign. Please visit.
bobharly
Explorer

Re: Robotech Rifts Crossover Campaign Link

This is a related link for world building.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=151515
Protoculture

Unread post by Protoculture »

Not bad. It seems you ported Robotech to Rift-verse. Me OTOH is trying to port Mechanoids, Rifts (including Dimension books) and Aliens Unlimited into Robotech settings.

It is my own way to pad the expansive Robotech-verse that hinted on galaxy spanning civilizations, interstellar conflicts, deepspace colonisations and myriad of exotic / mystical alien cultures.
bobharly
Explorer

Protoculture wrote:Not bad. It seems you ported Robotech to Rift-verse. Me OTOH is trying to port Mechanoids, Rifts (including Dimension books) and Aliens Unlimited into Robotech settings.

It is my own way to pad the expansive Robotech-verse that hinted on galaxy spanning civilizations, interstellar conflicts, deepspace colonisations and myriad of exotic / mystical alien cultures.

It's a Mish-Mash. I original envisioned a Post-3rd gen Robotech campaign that borrowed ideas and technology from Rifts. But the players thus far have been outside of the Invid Protectorates, except California which is relative safe as long as you follow their protoculture and technology laws, so it has taken a very strong Rifts flavor with international intrigue and expansion. Add in my own ideas to fill in the gaps and I don't really know anymore if it is more Robotech or Rifts. I just know my players love it. In April the campaign will resume. Too busy right now to play.

I like your idea. It sounds much more interstellar. I assume space travel and exploration plays a big role.
Mouse
D-Bee

Unread post by Mouse »

Ok, so my question is this.
How will the Invid influence the Technological advancements of Rifts Earth? I doubt very seriously that the CS would advance to the War Campaign with Invid around. Much less that Tiax and the NGR or even Northern Gun would be viable.
Though IF they exist previosly then the Earth has a fighting chance against the Invid.
bobharly
Explorer

Mouse wrote:Ok, so my question is this.
How will the Invid influence the Technological advancements of Rifts Earth? I doubt very seriously that the CS would advance to the War Campaign with Invid around. Much less that Tiax and the NGR or even Northern Gun would be viable.
Though IF they exist previosly then the Earth has a fighting chance against the Invid.

Well, this isn't clearly a Robotech or Rifts campaign. It's a mish-mash.

The CS is now the Confederate States, mostly Georgia, North and South Carolina, with military outposts in the surrounding areas and an underwater Atlantic base. Northern Gun is based out the ruins of New York and the primary supplier for New England States and Continental Army. Meanwhile NGR controls much of old Germany and France as an underground movement, with Triax effectively their arms and R&D division.

As for the Invid, currently they are an overwhelming static occupational force. Their greatest weakness is their arrogance and view the newly forming human nations like a rodent infestation. As long as the other nations do show a clear and present military threat (which each surviving nation has found their own unique way to conceal their military build ups) they are largely ignored. The next chapter is a power grab within the Invid caste, which will decend them into a civil war without the Regess around to guide them. Evolving to human form, has also brought about individual thought, personalities and ambitions...

Once this happens, I will be able to take the campaign any direction, including the reemergence of the Masters who are hidding in SE Asia...
bobharly
Explorer

hello
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

bobharly wrote:hello

(echo) ...heeeelllllllooooooo.....
-------------