Macross Sourcebook Missile Types

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ilexgarodan
D-Bee

Macross Sourcebook Missile Types

Unread post by ilexgarodan »

I'm potentially going to run a Robotech Macross campaign in the not-too-distant future, and I'm a little stumped.
On page 69 of the manga-sized Macross Saga Sourcebook, the Mega-Damage for the Valkyrie's Wing Mounted Articulated Hardpoints states that it varies by "missile type- typically, heavy."
But for the life of me, I can't seem to find a missile chart in any of the three rulebooks that I have! (SC, Macross, and Masters, all manga-sized) If there is such a chart, in which book and at what page can it be found on? Failing that, I know the first edition of the roleplaying game has such a chart, and I have most of the books in my collection. Should I use that one instead? Or should I just use the missiles from the various destroids and other similar mecha?

Thanks!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: Macross Sourcebook Missile Types

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

robotech the Shadow Chronicles RPG main book, manga sized, pg 185 to 187.

each one is given it's own stat block rather than a chart like rifts has. plus the names are a bit different than other PB games.

also note that in the game some of the non-mecha units carry external ordinance by weight.. the book does have weight for the different missiles and such but they're scattered all over.

i did a compilation awhile back to avoid having to search every time.

Missiles and Weight:
The 2nd edition Robotech RPG simplifies the listing of what ordinance can be carried on an aircraft's hard points or in its weapons bays by providing a short list of load outs and specifying how much weight in ordinance the hard point or bay can carry, to allow game masters to create custom load outs in their games. however the weights of the different munitions are not given in any central location in the books, instead they are scattered across several unit entries piece-meal. When collected, the following table can be constructed:

Standard Earth Missiles: (weights match up over multiple unit entries in multiple books. missile size lists diameter.)
Mini-missile - 5lbs/2.25kg Missile Size: 60mm, 70mm, 78mm
Short Ranged Missile - 33lbs/15kg Missile Size: 190mm, 178mm
Medium Range Missile - 80lbs/36.6kg Missile Size: 178mm, 377mm, 530mm
Long Range Missile - 1000lbs/450kg Missile Size: 430mm, 800mm, 914.4mm

Standard Earth Bombs:
Mini-Bomb - 100lbs/50kg
Light Bomb - 500lbs/225kg
Medium Bombs - 1000lbs/500kg
Heavy Bombs - 2000lbs/500kg

Non-standard missiles: (Unique missiles with either non-standard weights, or with non-standard capabilities)
60mm rockets (MM) - about 1.3lbs/.4kg (RL-6 rocket launcher RT:SC pg145)*
HARM-80 - 800lbs/360kg (RT:MS pg69, 87)
190mm ATGMS (SRM) - 46.6lbs/21kg (MK-17 AAML. RT:MS, pg135)
178mm SAM (MRM) - 191lbs/86kg (MK-18 AAML. RT:MS, pg135)
377mm MMDS-8 SAM (MRM) - 225lbs/101kg (RT:SC pg149)
800mm HMDS-10 TBM (LRM) - 650lbs/292.5kg (RT:SC pg150)

this doesn't include zentreadi missiles.. which are generally a size larger (a zent minimissile is a bit smaller than a human SRM for example)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
tobefrnk
Adventurer

Unread post by tobefrnk »

Missile stats are also reprinted in the UEEF Marines Sourcebook (in the "Standard Sensors/Equipment" section of the UEEF Destroids, but again lacking a centralized repository of missile weight.
ilexgarodan
D-Bee

Unread post by ilexgarodan »

Thank you!

Mods, feel free to lock this thread.

EDIT: Done - Jefffar

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”