Robotech Marines oath of secrecy?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Robotech Marines oath of secrecy?

Unread post by bielmic »

So now that the Marines book has gone to print, are the folks who bought the preview edition allowed to actually talk about it or are they still bound by their double super secret pinky pledge to stay mum? I'm not talking about exact stats but rather things like general chapter titles, which mecha/ships are in it, what occ's and rcc's, etc. If they are still bound, will palladium be uploading a preview on drivethrurpg with the table of contents? I saw the hints and few details in the last weekly update but I'm looking for more specifics.
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
Chronicler
Adventurer
Comment: "... and that is why you should never put a spork in a toaster."
-Over heard conversation in highschool

Re: Robotech Marines oath of secrecy?

Unread post by Chronicler »

bielmic wrote:So now that the Marines book has gone to print, are the folks who bought the preview edition allowed to actually talk about it or are they still bound by their double super secret pinky pledge to stay mum? I'm not talking about exact stats but rather things like general chapter titles, which mecha/ships are in it, what occ's and rcc's, etc. If they are still bound, will palladium be uploading a preview on drivethrurpg with the table of contents? I saw the hints and few details in the last weekly update but I'm looking for more specifics.

That's a good question. I just bought the "preview" book as a collectors item (and research material). Probably should have sent a letter about some things in the book like typos and other bits that don't feel right. And I hope they would give those that got the book a slight discount for the main book but that's a long stretch.

All I'm going to say though is that I hope they do some stat tweaks that are mostly cosmetic (lines up with description and from what most of the stuff was based on).
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

bielmic wrote:So now that the Marines book has gone to print, are the folks who bought the preview edition allowed to actually talk about it or are they still bound by their double super secret pinky pledge to stay mum? I'm not talking about exact stats but rather things like general chapter titles, which mecha/ships are in it, what occ's and rcc's, etc. If they are still bound, will palladium be uploading a preview on drivethrurpg with the table of contents? I saw the hints and few details in the last weekly update but I'm looking for more specifics.

Hey Bielmic,

You might want to check this thread out as it has been transpiring for some time now, since the release of the RAW edition.
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

Premier wrote:

Hey Bielmic,

You might want to check this thread out as it has been transpiring for some time now, since the release of the RAW edition.

Thanks but I've posted in that thread long ago. Unfortunately, there is only so much folks could say there obliquely referring to the IMAI files without breaking their promise made when purchasing the preview edition books.
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Honestly the sneak preview while likely nice is far from the finished product so probably best just to wait a few more days and you should start seeing people reviewing the full thing pretty quick.
smkeyes
Wanderer

Unread post by smkeyes »

They are different I revived my copy of the marine book today

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”