Zentraedi Ranks

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kargan3033
Hero

Zentraedi Ranks

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

Does anyone know what the cannon zentraedi ranks are?
Also does anyone know what the cannon fleet sizes are such as squads, platoons and what not(How many ships in a squad and so on) as well as what troop sizes are(How many troops are in a squad and such)
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Re: Zentraedi Ranks

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Kargan3033 wrote:Does anyone know what the cannon zentraedi ranks are?
Also does anyone know what the cannon fleet sizes are such as squads, platoons and what not(How many ships in a squad and so on) as well as what troop sizes are(How many troops are in a squad and such)

Nope! You can find answers to some of those in the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross's production materials, but the official, canon Robotech material has answers for none of it.

As far as I am aware, the only Zentradi character in Macross whose rank is mentioned is Exsedol Folmo (RT: "Exedore"), who gives his rank as "Zem, 1st Class". What exactly that equates to is anyone's guess, though as the records staff officer for Vrlitwhai Kridanik's branch fleet it can be assumed to be a relatively high rank.

Organizationally, the default organizational unit of the Zentradi Army's fleet in Macross was the Branch Fleet... which seems to have been around 1,200 ships on average, led by some manner of fleet command battleship. Vrlitwhai Kridanik's branch fleet (67th Glruimual class branch fleet) was 1,213 ships strong. The spy trio were identified as the 67th Branch Fleet 8th Scouting Team, and Quamzin's forces were the 109th Branch Fleet 7th Aerial Armored Division. Thousands of branch fleets made up a single main fleet, which could number several million ships (Boddole Zer's main fleet was the 118th, and was 4,795,122 ships strong and had roughly 7.5 billion soldiers).

Macross: Perfect Memory identifies the default Zentradi mechanized infantry unit as being a battalion of 28 or more pods or battle suits, typically arranged in platoons of five pods or suits of the same type. Batteries consisted of 2 or more platoons, which were led by a single officer, above whom was the battalion commander. The example unit is a Regult battalion, consisting of five platoons of five Regults (2 tactical, 2 missile, 1 scout) led by two battery commanders and one battalion commander.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
tobefrnk
Adventurer

Unread post by tobefrnk »

I thought there was a table for squad sizes that might be useful to you in one of the first edition game books, but since moving I've still got boxes that haven't been unpacked that have "swallowed" some of my older editions. I did find a random enemy encounter table for the "Malcontent/Reconstruction" period if that will be of some help for you.
Kargan3033
Hero

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

Thank you, Seto, Tobefrnk for your info, Tobefrnk I would like that info about the random encounter table.
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "
tobefrnk
Adventurer

Unread post by tobefrnk »

Kargan3033 wrote:Thank you, Seto, Tobefrnk for your info, Tobefrnk I would like that info about the random encounter table.

It's coming your way.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”