Robotech rpg rules help

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Toronian
Newb

Robotech rpg rules help

Unread post by Toronian »

i've been creating a character using the shadow chronicles 2nd ed rules and macross source book
its a veritech pilot though in the mos i have seen a mecha piloting specialty: alpha skill
i have looked in skills and am unable to find it ... if someone could please point me to the page of said skill i would be very appreciative thank you in advance
silvermoon383
Wanderer

Re: Robotech rpg rules help

Unread post by silvermoon383 »

Replace any references to Alphas to VF-1 when making a Macross-era VT pilot (pg 14 of the Manga-sized book details whenever you should make substitutions like this.) I really wish they didn't set up the Macross OCC and MOS's the way they did, it does get confusing.

Oh, and the MECT bonuses for VF-1s are listed on pg 71 (Manga sized Macross book)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

mecha piloting 'specialty skills' are the normal Pilot Ground mecha, Pilot Ground Veritech, or Pilot Veritech skills, but with a bonus when piloting a specific type of mecha.

check the piloting skill's i listed for more details
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Toronian
Newb

Unread post by Toronian »

ok those both are answers to questions i knew the skill i was meaning was mecha piloting specialty: alpha (i know you change the type of mecha) and i know about the mecha elite combat training just i cant find any reference to the skill of mecha piloting specialty.... the extra part to the mecha descriptions is for the elite training not the piloting specialty (ive checked the skill descriptions in the shadow chronicles main book and it is absent in the descriptions just wondering if its in a different place other than piloting)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

look under "Mecha:pilot ground veritechs", "mecha: pilot Veritechs", mecha: pilot battloids" (pg274-275 in the manga size. they are the skills that directly follow the MECT entry in the pilot section of the skill list)
a piloting specialty is the +% you get for one specific model. it varies depending on the skill. details can be found in the 'piloting and bonuses' entry of each skill.
battloids and ground veritechs get a +10%, veritechs gets a +13%,
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”