So what are the rules?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

So what are the rules?

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Respectfully, I was disagreeing on with my friend Rabid ASC fan about the need for less cartoon to RPG fact finding and more world building and adventure setting going on. That's a real problem here. We're all engaged in arguing canon, images that appear for a few seconds, and how they relate to other images that only appear for a few seconds, all of which were only slapped into the by bored animators who thought it'd be more fun to draw something slightly different. A Keith Parkinson draws the market at Splynn moment if you see what I'm saying.

But since I've tried getting back into the swing of things, I feel like I've make things worse. I was arguing about the Daedalus being it's own space ship (which makes sense to me) only tangentally useful to game play, the inherent hotness of Lisa Hayes (an act of shear fandom, and Rick Hunter is a tool) and the sexual identity of support character number 2-4-1b, AKA Lancer. Not a damn thing of value.

So I thought I'd sit down and add some ideas on this board, see if I could write some story ideas. But I hit a wall. There are a ton of stickeys about what we can and can't post. And I can't say that I want to spend three hours of my time writing new articles only to have it locked or banned because of something from Harmony Gold or whatever they are called now. I can go over to Solaris 7 ad write for days and days about a small empire fighting a small group of pirates in the ass end of the periphery. Followed by posting four of my own Mech creations and six variants of popular 3025 era mechs that are game specific. I have no idea what the rules here are, beyond the fact that I can't post any of my own mecha or variants (rebuilds), and I have little understanding of what limits on significant world building are.

So, what are the rules and why should we spend effort writing for this game?
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: So what are the rules?

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

basically as long as your not posting direct game stats (MDC levels, weapon damage, that sort of thing) you should be fine.
things like height, weight, speed, etc are ok though.

that said.. stuff belonging to other franchises probably still falls under 'conversion' even with just that so i'd avoid them myself.

personally i like to just write descriptive text and let the reader/user translate them to game stats on their end. you can find a lot of that on my website: https://sites.google.com/site/thetemple ... tech-annex
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”