Marines sourcebook

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Re: Marines sourcebook

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Chronicler wrote:But no I really hope they get the book out and others.

It'd be nice... as it's STILL the only new material on tap for Robotech's 30th.

Chronicler wrote:Still wish HG would give them a little slack with content, rpg's of existing IP's don't always follow it's source, especially shows or movies. (If they did I would defiantly start writing stuff myself.)

Well, yes... but the current edition of the Robotech RPG doesn't exactly follow the source material to the letter either.

The writers at Palladium have taken plenty of liberties with theRobotech setting already in the current edition of the RPG... like IMUs, Gura Invid, the Explorer Corps, etc. The trick is deviating from the setting enough to improve narrative latitude without going beyond what's actually feasible in the universe and breaking the setting. It just doesn't feel like the current edition deviates much in what's presented because the previous edition deviated so far and so often that even Harmony Gold thought there wasn't actually all that much Robotech left in it.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

What the heck...bought the raw edition. curious to see what is in it.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Chronicler
Adventurer
Comment: "... and that is why you should never put a spork in a toaster."
-Over heard conversation in highschool

Unread post by Chronicler »

Seto Kaiba wrote:

Chronicler wrote:Still wish HG would give them a little slack with content, rpg's of existing IP's don't always follow it's source, especially shows or movies. (If they did I would defiantly start writing stuff myself.)

Well, yes... but the current edition of the Robotech RPG doesn't exactly follow the source material to the letter either.

The writers at Palladium have taken plenty of liberties with theRobotech setting already in the current edition of the RPG... like IMUs, Gura Invid, the Explorer Corps, etc. The trick is deviating from the setting enough to improve narrative latitude without going beyond what's actually feasible in the universe and breaking the setting. It just doesn't feel like the current edition deviates much in what's presented because the previous edition deviated so far and so often that even Harmony Gold thought there wasn't actually all that much Robotech left in it.

True, it's a bit tricky keeping the feel. But it won't hurt adding a little bit more, or have Tommy help write or add ideas to the mix.

And admittedly I do in fact recognize the more widen deviation in Genesis pits. I just wanted to see more of it.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Chronicler wrote:
Seto Kaiba wrote:

True, it's a bit tricky keeping the feel. But it won't hurt adding a little bit more, or have Tommy help write or add ideas to the mix.

And admittedly I do in fact recognize the more widen deviation in Genesis pits. I just wanted to see more of it.

and to be fair.. HG has been pretty good at sticking to HG's own canon. just because fans disagree with HG on how to interpret things does not mean HG is wrong.

and i'm glad HG is letting PB expand things around the edges.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

Chronicler wrote:
Lt Gargoyle wrote:a money grab would be rewriting all your books and calling it a new edition every five to six years.

Re: Games Workshop.

But no I really hope they get the book out and others. Still wish HG would give them a little slack with content, rpg's of existing IP's don't always follow it's source, especially shows or movies. (If they did I would defiantly start writing stuff myself.)

AD&D was the role playing game i was thinking. But yea them too.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Lt Gargoyle wrote:a money grab would be rewriting all your books and calling it a new edition every five to six years.
its much better than adding less than 1% new content and calling it an "Ultimate" edition...
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
its much better than adding less than 1% new content and calling it an "Ultimate" edition...

not really, I have almost all the first and second edition game books for dungeons and dragons. And if it was just the players handbook or DMG being tweaked here and there that be one thing, especially if it was not necessary to buy the new books to keep playing. The ultimate edition was not a great write i give you that, but i did not require me to buy it to keep playing with the new game books coming out. And even if it did, it was one book. not the entire collection. That's a money grab!

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Lt Gargoyle wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

not really, I have almost all the first and second edition game books for dungeons and dragons. And if it was just the players handbook or DMG being tweaked here and there that be one thing, especially if it was not necessary to buy the new books to keep playing. The ultimate edition was not a great write i give you that, but i did not require me to buy it to keep playing with the new game books coming out. And even if it did, it was one book. not the entire collection. That's a money grab!
IDK, new edition is why book publishers publish books.
DnD is hardly alone. White Wolf is now running 2 versions of the same game, CWOD is in its 4th edition and NWoD is in its 2nd.
Shadow Run is in its 5th edition.
Pathfinder is in a revised/2.0 state.
DnD has been around nearly 40 years and is in its 5th edition.... not bad really.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Lt Gargoyle wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

DnD is hardly alone. White Wolf is now running 2 versions of the same game, CWOD is in its 4th edition and NWoD is in its 2nd.
DnD has been around nearly 40 years and is in its 5th edition.... not bad really.

And yet Palladium hasn't. yes there have been a few revisions to a few of the books, but even then the core system is the same. And thats not bad at all. Why i have stuck with Palladium over the years when i have stopped buying all the other systems.

EightBitEighties
D-Bee

Unread post by EightBitEighties »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Lt Gargoyle wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

Shadowrun is almost 30 years old at this point, too. What people forget about RPGs is that no system can ever really be perfect. As the saying goes, "There's always that one guy!"
"As you are now, so once were we. As we are now, soon shall you be."
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

EightBitEighties wrote:Shadowrun is almost 30 years old at this point, too. What people forget about RPGs is that no system can ever really be perfect. As the saying goes, "There's always that one guy!"
25, passed through the hands of several different companies, each who wanted a new edition to make some cash with... and currently one of my favorite games on steam. right behind the Fantasy grounds
EightBitEighties
D-Bee

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
EightBitEighties wrote:Shadowrun is almost 30 years old at this point, too. What people forget about RPGs is that no system can ever really be perfect. As the saying goes, "There's always that one guy!"
25, passed through the hands of several different companies, each who wanted a new edition to make some cash with... and currently one of my favorite games on steam. right behind the Fantasy grounds

Well, I knew it wasn't quite 30 - just ballparking. Shadowrun and BattleTech have been my go-to games since I was just a kid, but I got started with Palladium with the old TMNT RPG. I never could find the Robotech books in my area and, being a kid, couldn't just drive to go order them. Now that I've got the money and the means to do so, I'm eager to gobble up everything Palladium wants to give me for Robotech, RRT notwithstanding, but for reasons that I've seen discussed ad infinitum on this forum, it's been a slow trickle. I'm okay with that. I've got other Universes I can spend time in while waiting on the next book to drop.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

EightBitEighties wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Lt Gargoyle wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

Shadowrun is almost 30 years old at this point, too. What people forget about RPGs is that no system can ever really be perfect. As the saying goes, "There's always that one guy!"

Well I am not arguing which system is better or that any of them are flawless. My personal favorite was Robotech, but my introduction into roleplaying was AD&D and top Secret SI. But Robotech and TMNTs were the ones I played with my friends the most. For somereason I never got into shadowrun. I tried it, but the GM just never got the flavor for it right.

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Lt Gargoyle wrote:
Well I am not arguing which system is better or that any of them are flawless. My personal favorite was Robotech, but my introduction into roleplaying was AD&D and top Secret SI. But Robotech and TMNTs were the ones I played with my friends the most. For somereason I never got into shadowrun. I tried it, but the GM just never got the flavor for it right.
true, it isn't the place for that. I just don't see a publisher actually publishing books ontime as being anything like a money grab... but we are discussing a book that is going on 7 years late...
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

I sadly agree that this book is beyond its release date. I do not allow myself to get into the hype of PB's release date. I know full well that leads to disappointment when it comes to PB publishing habits. Even the companies favorite has books that we promised and then never seen. I will not disagree that KS needs to rethink some of his basic business practices and probably needs to hire someone who can help him get his company to stay focused and stay on task.

a money grab for me is when you change the rules every five years and you require a repurchase of all the books to keep playing with all the current rules. I do not want to feel like i have to replace my entire collection of game books to continue to play in the same system. I don't mind updates to the rules. But if you feel you need to rewrite the entire system every five years so i can keep playing. the odds are I will stop purchasing your products.

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Lt Gargoyle wrote: require a repurchase of all the books to keep playing with all the current rules.

This, no one is required to buy anything... tons of people still play all previous editions of a game. just because a new book comes out in no way invalidates the old ones. to me, a money grab is putting a new cover on an old edition and calling it "new", numbered collectors editions that you keep all the low numbers for ebay, and selling a "ultimate" edition that is 1% new materials. a new system is at least new content. The new Edition of Robotech is running about 60% new materials... not bad.
mech798
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by mech798 »

So when is this copy supposed to arrive to the purchasers?
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

mech798 wrote:So when is this copy supposed to arrive to the purchasers?
good question. holiday weekend makes for shipping problems... we ordered usps priority mail... 2-3 days if.. if we are lucky
mech798
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by mech798 »

Though I wonder why it's being released like this? Palladium style art is actually pretty simple-- compare it to Paizo or Onyx Studios for example, and the layout tends to hew pretty closely to a single standard design. I wonder if for some reason there's a particular HG related bottle neck with teh art, but this does seem sort of odd to release a more or less finished draft with no art.
EightBitEighties
D-Bee

I've seen RPG companies do this before. Some of it could be hype building. I mean, this book's been "Coming Soon" for so long that most folks have really just gotten fed up with it and Palladium may be hoping that the folks who order this Preview will reinvigorate interest in it. Think of it like a "Press Kit" (except, y'know, it ain't free).

Or, it could be that somebody somewhere put their foot down and wanted something in the fans' hands before 2015 closes out because, let's face it, it's May 27th. June 21st is the official First Day of Summer. There ain't a whole lotta "Spring" left in that "Spring" Release Date.

I'm just going by what I've seen others do.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
good question. holiday weekend makes for shipping problems... we ordered usps priority mail... 2-3 days if.. if we are lucky

I placed the order on the 23d. Got an email saying it was shipping on the 26th. Ill expect it sometime on the 29th, give or take.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Chronicler
Adventurer

Kagashi wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

I placed the order on the 23d. Got an email saying it was shipping on the 26th. Ill expect it sometime on the 29th, give or take.

Same, knew this would happen because of Memorial Day.
mech798
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by mech798 »

On the new edition thing, a big issue is "how many people will you gain, as opposed to lose" and "How expensive will it be?"

The issues some people have with the rifts/robotech system can't be fixed with a few edits. It'd require a ground level rewrite a'la Exalted 3rd edition.

BUT, that will torque off a lot of people who like the system and honestly I' think it'd lose more customers than it would gain. The market is far more fragmented now than it was in the 1980s, and any hypothetical "new edition" would be competing with lots of other products that are more or less in the same niche-- competing pretty much from scratch if it lost the old guard.

And then there are people like me, who by and large just buy rifts books for source material and convert them right over to M&M or another system-- a new editio won't make any difference to us, since we've already got what we want-- if anything a book that is really full of new *rules* as opposed to setting material might turn us off the purchase. So best for PAlladium to stay with what they know.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

I got my confirmation on the 26th as well, so i am hoping to have it before this weekend myself.

@ Mech798 I think your right. I wonder how well the other companies are really doing. with pathfinder eating into AD&D profits lines and customer base. I say buy the ones you want to support. I love the Palladium stories and backgrounds. And Robotech is, well I love Robotech. My favorite aspect about Palladium books is that the mulitiverse they have created, allows for the cross over of each game, and you do not need to even use Rifts to do it.

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

USPS has failed me before.... "Expected Delivery Day: Thursday, May 28, 2015"
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

My Preview book has made its way to the last stretch of its trip to me two hours ago. Which is awesome, since Portland is only three hours away from Roseburg. So maybe i will get my book before i head off to work.

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Got it... Really gonna be surprised if HG doesn't send this baby back to be re-written... some of the info flies in the face of the Canon from the Show and Tommy's comics.
all the Races are present.
the REF destroids.
and some new stuff from the IMIA files.
mech798
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by mech798 »

If after all this it gets sent back for another rewrite, I think that's pretty much a nail in the coffin of robotech rpg-- it'll mean that the 30th anniversery went by with nada coming out.
Chronicler
Adventurer

Just got mine too, needs some word editing here and there.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

mech798 wrote:If after all this it gets sent back for another rewrite, I think that's pretty much a nail in the coffin of robotech rpg-- it'll mean that the 30th anniversery went by with nada coming out.
Overall its just poorly written, as with the 2 invid era books, I'm positive the author never did much research beyond a few google searches. Much of the fluff text flies in the face of canon that has been established by the series for 30 years and in tommy's comics since they were printed.
It relies a little to much on the novels interpretation of events and out-right ignores the facts from Prelude.
I won't be surprised if the Karbareans end up looking like their early edition versions and not anything like Tommy's redesign (which I consider a better version).
Overall its a D+ book in its current form.
colwebbsfmc
D-Bee

Unread post by colwebbsfmc »

So, where would we report issues with the book if we found some?

There's a couple of things I caught that may or may not be errors, but I'm not sure where to send such things.

Overall, this is the book I was hoping for. It's not so much the UEEFMC book, but almost a Pioneer Mission/Sentinels Campaign sourcebook. THIS is the game I've been wanting to run since Palladium got the Robotech license back.
JEFFREY A. WEBB
Major, Royal Manticoran Army
HM Fort Shorncliffe
Officer Commanding
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

find an e-mail for alex or kevin?
I feel re-printing chracter creation charts for the 3rd time in the books was kinda over-kill...
mech798
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by mech798 »

So, what new mecha do we see? Any ships?
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

mech798 wrote:So, what new mecha do we see? Any ships?
i'm trying to compile and link the images for the new mecha.
the -10 and -20 cyclone series, a few new inorganice and invid units.
return of the REF destroids.
the Titan GMU
its not bad, with art it will be a fair sized book
Chronicler
Adventurer

Okay, just read through it and I have to say... I'm not impressed. It really didn't go with what is cannon at the moment, didn't have much in the way of new original content, just going off of the concept artwork, and I really don't think adding character creation in it is a good idea at this point.

All and all this really isn't the best thing for Palladium Books. Unless HG get's off their bums and make new material and get things straighten out for cannon I don't see much else for the RPG at this point.

Hell I'll just send an email to Yune, see if he's willing to hear my ideas.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

LOL

"Overall, this is the book I was hoping for. It's not so much the UEEFMC book, but almost a Pioneer Mission/Sentinels Campaign sourcebook. THIS is the game I've been wanting to run since Palladium got the Robotech license back."

AND

"Overall its just poorly written....Overall its a D+ book in its current form"

I couldn't have said it better.
Some people love it, some people hate it.... and of course everyone thinks their opinion is right.

Me I will probably get it just because it looks like it might have stuff I can use for my games (I don't run Robotech but that doesn't mean I can't borrow stuff from the line for the games I do run.)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

I have to admit, I was thinking about getting the 'pre-release'. But I decided not to, and wait for the real deal. I am surprised that it is 'This Bad', especially since Kevin has stated that Irvin is an awesomesauce writer that needs little editing.

Now that stated - I would be more interested in seeing the work that Jason turned in. He completed his manuscript, and turned it in.
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Lt Gargoyle wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Lt Gargoyle wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

And yet Palladium hasn't. yes there have been a few revisions to a few of the books, but even then the core system is the same. And thats not bad at all. Why i have stuck with Palladium over the years when i have stopped buying all the other systems.

I buy games for the setting, not the rules...I convert everything to house rules...and there is simply no reason to buy new versions of rules sets...which is why I only still PB stuff these days and only very rarely bother with anything else other than one shot game book settings (Terran Trade Authority, Starship Troopers, a few of the new codexes for WH40K with good fluff, DC Adventures, OWOD setting books, Renegade Legion, etc.)

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
mech798
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by mech798 »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
mech798 wrote:So, what new mecha do we see? Any ships?
i'm trying to compile and link the images for the new mecha.
the -10 and -20 cyclone series, a few new inorganice and invid units.
return of the REF destroids.
the Titan GMU
its not bad, with art it will be a fair sized book

This is actually fairly depressing. the GMU was really a horrible unit, and the REF destroids, unless the art is radically changed weren't that good. I was hoping for more in the way of veritechs, and most importantly the nice big spacegoing LHA's that get hte marines to their destination. (The Ikazuichis are horrible, horrible designs, not at all suited to force projection.) My hopes were raised by genesis pits which had a fair bit of new stuff, but this largely looks like a retread of the old sentinels stuff.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Got my book. Yay. I have to read through it yet. but skimmed it. it would suck if this does turn out to be the last book.

@ slade the sniper, well if that is why you get the books, that is cool with me. I have friends do that for other games and resources they use for their games too.

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Well, a huge error in the book... the IMAI files were translated by ne Roger Harkavy, his name is not mentioned in the credits/special thanks section for the book. Roger is the one who scanned and annotated the documents. the MX-XX numbering system is his work. It's kinda callous for the guy to be ignored since his efforts and work in Japan brough these designs to light after they were effectively lost for a while.
mech798
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by mech798 »

That's... quite unfortunate.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

mech798 wrote:This is actually fairly depressing. the GMU was really a horrible unit, and the REF destroids, unless the art is radically changed weren't that good. I was hoping for more in the way of veritechs, and most importantly the nice big spacegoing LHA's that get hte marines to their destination. (The Ikazuichis are horrible, horrible designs, not at all suited to force projection.) My hopes were raised by genesis pits which had a fair bit of new stuff, but this largely looks like a retread of the old sentinels stuff.

looks like the GMU is 50% bigger too...
the RED destroids are 30% smaller and the weapons are about 20% better than the RDf versions (damage and ranges both way up), they run about 2x gfaster than most mecha their size and are basically OP as heck.
no new Veritechs except the cyclones. The old image that has been ised for the "devestator" in the past is not a -10 type cyclone.
It also makes a suit of power armor into a new destroid....
Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

Chronicler wrote:Just got mine too, needs some word editing here and there.

Got mine yesterday and noticed same thing.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Chronicler
Adventurer

Chris0013 wrote:
Chronicler wrote:Just got mine too, needs some word editing here and there.

Got mine yesterday and noticed same thing.

Yeah, thought I was the only one that does some of the mistakes I've seen when I write. That actually makes me feel better as a writer, especially the fact that this is a first draft manuscript.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Well, it could be a good thing for Palladium to show a first draft. Makes you appreciate the work that goes into a manuscript before it goes final.

Still waiting on mine though. Cant wait.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

So I got the raw preview a few days ago. All in all I don't think its bad. being able to see the book in raw form will allow us to see how much HG butchers the manuscripts PB sends to them.

The book is really centered around the early to mid years of the UEEF from circa 2015 to 2035 (while the TSC book looks at the UEEF from 2035 onward). I like this because it gives GM's material to use as the UEEF begins it's mission. Realistically small scout flotilla's would have been sent out prior to the majority of the UEEF leaving Earth.

I do like the fact that we have VR-010 and VR-020 series Cyclones. It gives us something for UEEF personnel sent back to Earth during the 2nd RT war to fight with other then the stuff in the TSC book. The different helmets are a cool idea (something I implemented a long time ago). The rest of the designs used from the imai files are great additions.

The Sentinel races are as pointed out mostly based on what we see in the novels. But I don't think that's a bad thing because other then Robotech Art 3: The Sentinels and the novels we don't have cold hard facts regarding the Sentinel races as they were originally envisioned to be. The RCC's for the Sentinels are pretty good, and I like the fact they can select UEEF OCC's.

The Destriods and GMU appear to be 2nd edition upgrades. I think what we see in the book is decent.

The Marine OCC's are meh, but that's because I've put together more plausible OCC's for all three Robotech era's that have many more MOS selections and are more realistic from a military point of view.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Chronicler
Adventurer

I think HG just needs to retool the Sentinel Races. They did do away with the mushroom horns for the Kabbarens which was nice (make them a little less 80's aliens which was really never my thing, 90's kid here). They need to have a better explanation for the Perytonians in regards to their "magic", maybe more of a psychic thing than magic. Praxians are good as is, through they should really address why there are humans in other parts of the galaxy (never read the novel's so bare with me). Garudan's are good as is, the Hin as psychic power is still good, though the future sight should be more ambiguous and more off of possibility relating to the current situation, not a solid fact that it will happen. Spherian is neat, sentient virus can work, but don't make them uber, why not have a cluster of them be a "brain" so that there is a way to off them without smashing them to dust (think the core in those guyver suits, or any anime with "cores").

As for the equipment and things, I really like the helmet for M3-09 "C" but not "D". Maybe use "B" or come up with another design. Rooks helmet might fit the bill. Make some slight changes for CVR-1 and probably explain that CVR-2 was a different design team/manufacturer.

Can't really figure out the other pic's. I have the IMA files (didn't know what they where when I got them off of some tumblr sights, just that they where concept/per-perduction art) and the only ones marked where to say type "A-D" or this is a human transport.

Pleas for the love that is Robotech re-design the Destroids.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Chronicler wrote: They did do away with the mushroom horns for the Kabbarens which was nice (make them a little less 80's aliens which was really never my thing, 90's kid here).
Jackson's description in the text makes them look like the 80's comics version, and ignored the Prelude version.
They need to have a better explanation for the Perytonians in regards to their "magic", maybe more of a psychic thing than magic.
adding Leylines and Rifts to Robotech is not needed... that entire section needs to be re-tooled.
Praxians are good as is, through they should really address why there are humans in other parts of the galaxy (never read the novel's so bare with me).
The Paraxians being only 3 pts weaker than the Bear-men in PS bothers me... being a meter shorter and several hundred pountd lighter, even the Augment PS the Karbarans have isn't sufficient to make up for the fact they can carry nearly the same weight.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Chronicler wrote: They need to have a better explanation for the Perytonians in regards to their "magic", maybe more of a psychic thing than magic.
adding Leylines and Rifts to Robotech is not needed... that entire section needs to be re-tooled.

I would have gone back to the Mechanoids books.

They had a nice 'magic' that was really transdimensional psychic effects from some weird hyperdimensional beings. Oh and it had some spiffy energy 'spells'.
Toss in a few more spells (that fit mind you....the choices here include some sub-optimal ones) and presto 'alien energy wizards of obscure provinance'
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”