Compiled list of equipment and weapons for Macross era

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

Compiled list of equipment and weapons for Macross era

Unread post by Axoid »

New to the Robotech RPG. I have the deluxe Shadow Chronicles book, but the list of personal weapons and equipment is pretty limited. Is there any compiled listing for this type of stuff?

Thanks
Don
Kagashi
Champion

Re: Compiled list of equipment and weapons for Macross era

Unread post by Kagashi »

There is a Macross sourcebook which covers most of the equipment from the Macross era.

But yeah, tSC book is lacking for a true Invid Invasion (Invid are described, but very little Invid Invasion era equipment or OCCs) or even Shadow Chronicles campaign (lack of real stats for Haydonites, no super shadow alphas/beta, etc...). Highly suggest picking up Genesis Pits and New Generation sourcebooks to flush out those eras.

Unfortunately, there just isnt much to go off of for the Haydonites right now until Shadow Rising is produced (on hold indefinitely). I recommend picking up the Rifts Sourcebook: Mechanoids (or Splicers) for some ideas for additional "Haydonite" bad guys for some more ideas and variation once you end up killing Wraiths and Infiltrators for the billionth time, only to never find out any more information about the Haydonites than you didnt know before.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Axoid »

I have the Macross source book, but it's very limited in any personal equipment. There are only a few weapons, some gear, but nothing like body armor (SDC), helmets, police/soldier gear, etc. My group is just starting into the system, and the PCs will be special OPs characters so this kind of stuff is needed. I can make up stats, but wanted to see if there is anything official first. I even checked Drivethru RPG for any fan made stuff-nothing.

Thanks
Don
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Axoid wrote:I have the Macross source book, but it's very limited in any personal equipment. There are only a few weapons, some gear, but nothing like body armor (SDC), helmets, police/soldier gear, etc. My group is just starting into the system, and the PCs will be special OPs characters so this kind of stuff is needed. I can make up stats, but wanted to see if there is anything official first. I even checked Drivethru RPG for any fan made stuff-nothing.

Thanks
Don

If you limit yourself to the RT-line, you will be disappointed. There is body armor in The Masters Saga SB (MDC), but what you are asking for really isn't part of the current RT line. For that you'll have to pull from other Palladium Books, which will have varying levels of compatibility (I say this because while they are overall pretty compatible, some aspects might differ like determine actions per melee). Rifts Merc Ops might have what you are looking for, Ninja's and Super Spies and/or Heroes' Unlimited (2E, not sure about revised and 1E) main books do have what I think you are looking for. There is also one of the Compendium Books (Modern Weapons) that might be a good start, but I'm not very familiar with it so can't say for sure.

Heroes Unlimited is more compatible than N&SS IINM, so if you are looking to pick up another book that would be my recommendation. Some of the other information is useful for RT to, alien generation tables, vehicle/'bot construction rules (more so than Rifts SB1, though some modification is needed since these are SDC), Cybernetics (which is in N&SS), even the Super Powers can be helpful with handling certain aspects (ex. radiation).
Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Axoid »

Thanks, I'll check those books out and see. I'll start with Heroes Unlimited.

Don
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Remember, in the Macross era, things like mega damage body armors were extremely rare and limiting. Top of the line armor would be the UEDF pilot suit which was only S.D.C. meanwhile Hazmat personnel were sporting the bulky CHR-1 armored suit of a whopping 42 MDC (although, it offers NO penalty to physical skills...kinda handy). However, there are scenes which clearly show infantry type troops in body armor and traditional military style helmets, but I suspect those are throwbacks to the Global Civil War era which would likely be S.D.C. In that case, just use HU2 versions of body armor, or check out the Compendium of Modern Weapons.

Likewise, small arms would be limited to S.D.C. and would all be projectile technology as Mega Damage weapons were still Macronized and must be fitted on tanks, Veritechs, and Destroids. Simply put, the technology to make things smaller and have mega damage levels of output simply didnt exist until the Southern Cross era.

But if you are doing a special ops type campaign, why even bother playing it in Robotech? Especially the Macross era? You might as well play Ninjas and Superspies, Dead Reign, BTS2, or HU2. Unless of course they think they ARE playing those games, then suddenly *BAM* its 1999 and a strange meteorite crash lands in an island in the south pacific...
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Axoid »

It's the time period between Macross and Southern Cross. The characters are veritech pilots that were identified as being elite, and were cross trained in other disciplines. The ranks are thin, so there's the need to wear multiple hats during this time period. They spend part of the time on the ground in-mission, then when threats are verified, they may participate in the strikes to eliminate them (either conventional or in their Mecha). We all like the Robotech era, but don't want to be limited to only mecha combat.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”