Robotech Tactics mecha in rpg

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Defender_X
Explorer

Robotech Tactics mecha in rpg

Unread post by Defender_X »

Since from the previews and what I've picked up on the boards, we got some new mecha in the mini game. Has anything been said if those might get statted up in the RPG in the future?
I get that many attacks with my beam cannons?!
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Re: Robotech Tactics mecha in rpg

Unread post by keir451 »

Defender_X wrote:Since from the previews and what I've picked up on the boards, we got some new mecha in the mini game. Has anything been said if those might get statted up in the RPG in the future?

From what I've seen they're the original Macross mecha so if you've got the Macross RPG book then you've already got the stats for the figurines.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Keir - I think he is referring to the YF-4 and some of the experimental models and variants.

Defender X - I am waiting for my stuff to arrive so I have the stats to work from. I plan to stat all of that up. It just won't likely be equal to the Official 2nd ed material as, and Keir knows this well, I rewrote all of the stats to be more accurate to the OSM. (in my opinion). I do already have the YF-4 done as the VF-4. I think I just need to replace the art with the RRT art.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Defender_X wrote:Since from the previews and what I've picked up on the boards, we got some new mecha in the mini game. Has anything been said if those might get statted up in the RPG in the future?

Nothing said as of yet, assuming you mean the ones that aren't just Macross designs.

Most of them are going to be painfully easy to stat... I mean, they're just kitbashes of existing mecha, so everything they HAVE (with the sole exception of the Q-Rau's beam rifle) is already present in the existing stats. Just to give you an idea:
  • The Experimental Queadluun-Rau is just a Q-Rau with a beam rifle and a Q-Rau with four of the regular beam guns off the Regult.
  • The Experimental Battloid is the "Orguss Valkyrie" in-joke from Macross, and is mostly using VF-1 weaponry off the Super Pack, with six extra missiles on the hips.
  • The VEF-1 is already statted.
  • The Heavy Particle Cannon kit for the Regult is just two of the dorsal beam cannon from the Glaug.
  • The Experimental Phalanx is just a Phalanx with two LRMs per arm.
  • The Experimental Nousjadeul-Ger is just a regular N-Ger with Q-Rau engines and some micro-missile launchers.
  • The YF-4 is just Macross's VF-X-4 with a badly designed transformation, and msot of the same armaments.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

I already stated out the Q-Rau's massive P-Beam rifle. I probably gave it WAY to much damage but I though it would be cool cinematic wise if some hapless NPC's mecha was sliced in half from the waist up during the onset of a battle.

The Experimental Phalanx can already carry LRM's per the RPG. I haven't seen the RRT rule book yet that stats out the mecha but it would be kinda lame if those were a big missiles.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

odds are it carries some sort of massive, extra powerful LRm.. something perhaps closer to the big reflex missiles on the ARMD's/Oberth's, making it more like a mecha version of a SS-1 Scud launcher..
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

glitterboy2098 wrote:odds are it carries some sort of massive, extra powerful LRm.. something perhaps closer to the big reflex missiles on the ARMD's/Oberth's, making it more like a mecha version of a SS-1 Scud launcher..

Yeah basically a poor man's MAC-II
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

jedi078 wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:odds are it carries some sort of massive, extra powerful LRm.. something perhaps closer to the big reflex missiles on the ARMD's/Oberth's, making it more like a mecha version of a SS-1 Scud launcher..

nah, the Monster is an artillery support platform for a local theatre. Operational level, able to support multiple tactical engagements within it's effective range.

the experimental Phalanx would be a MRBM* platform.. a strategic tool not an operational level one. though it's main role, with those kinds of weapons, would be anti-starship.. a mobile launcher of extremely long ranged reflex warhead missiles.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
jedi078
Champion

Unread post by jedi078 »

glitterboy2098 wrote:
jedi078 wrote:

nah, the Monster is an artillery support platform for a local theatre. Operational level, able to support multiple tactical engagements within it's effective range.

the experimental Phalanx would be a MRBM* platform.. a strategic tool not an operational level one. though it's main role, with those kinds of weapons, would be anti-starship.. a mobile launcher of extremely long ranged reflex warhead missiles.

You could kill a Zent warship with 16inch nuclear shells......we even see a MACII take out a Zent warship with conventional shells, albit at very close range. The only real problem is the range.

Personally I was hoping those were long range PBC's on the arms of the experimental Phalanx from RRT. The Zent heavy missile unit got a PBC variant, so why shouldn't the UEDF long range missile unit get a similar variant?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

So a mecha version of the ASC's M-400B Arblast?

jedi078 wrote:Personally I was hoping those were long range PBC's on the arms of the experimental Phalanx from RRT. The Zent heavy missile unit got a PBC variant, so why shouldn't the UEDF long range missile unit get a similar variant?

But wouldn't the Defender make a more logical choice for those type of arms? As it would be a natural evolution of its design. That assumes the arms have guns in them, and the projections aren't cameras or some other sensor device.

However I think gb2098 might be more correct here that they are missiles as reading the Example Mecha card that includes Phalanx has the option for the Phalanx Artillery Rockets OR Scorpio Advanced Artillery. It doesn't show the alternate missile pod, so may not be the same item (I doubt it though).

Source: hhttp://palladiumbooks.com/cuttingroom/ ... -large.jpg
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Considering those missiles are several dozen times larger than the Defender chassis, that seems unlikely...

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Seto Kaiba wrote:[Considering those missiles are several dozen times larger than the Defender chassis, that seems unlikely...

Another tragically flawed idea, like the 'Heavy Howard Howitzer Cyclone'(the first, and ONLY, shot missed, but the recoil put the rider through two outbuiildings, a berm, and eight cars in the motorpool of the test range).
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Seto Kaiba wrote:

Considering those missiles are several dozen times larger than the Defender chassis, that seems unlikely...

well, i did say "closer to".. way bigger than a standard LRM clearly.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

taalismn wrote:
Seto Kaiba wrote:[Considering those missiles are several dozen times larger than the Defender chassis, that seems unlikely...

Another tragically flawed idea, like the 'Heavy Howard Howitzer Cyclone'(the first, and ONLY, shot missed, but the recoil put the rider through two outbuiildings, a berm, and eight cars in the motorpool of the test range).

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Seto Kaiba
Knight

glitterboy2098 wrote:well, i did say "closer to".. way bigger than a standard LRM clearly.

Looking at the pictures of the miniature, I'm not so sure... what Palladium calls the "LRM" for the VF-1, the RMS-1 thermonuclear reaction missile, is a pretty damn big missile. It's almost a meter in diameter and 4 meters long. Considering the size of the 04 Series chassis for destroids is a known quantity, we can make some back-of-the-envelope type estimates from the miniature as to the size of the missile. Those missiles are roughly the same size as the RMS-1, though they may be a little on the small side.

Protoculture

Unread post by Protoculture »

jaymz wrote: I do already have the YF-4 done as the VF-4. I think I just need to replace the art with the RRT art.

You mean this? :D :D :D :D

Protoculture wrote:OK, images galor for YF-4 Prototype Veritech. From both OSM and Robotech sources.

Although from OSM, we only have Fighter & Gerwalk (aka Guardian) modes for VFX-4 (or YF-4 in RT):

- Fighter
http://s203.photobucket.com/user/RDF-HQ ... r.jpg.html

- Gerwalk (Guardian)
http://s203.photobucket.com/user/RDF-HQ ... k.jpg.html

From RT resources, we've the Fighter, Guardian & Battloid modes for YF-4:

- Fighter (from RT Comic miniseries by Wildstorm):
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa12 ... e.jpg.html

- All Modes (Fighter, Guardian & Battloid - from RT RPG Tactics):
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa12 ... s.jpg.html

- Battloid Mode (RT RPG Tactics):
http://s203.photobucket.com/user/RDF-HQ ... t.jpg.html
http://s203.photobucket.com/user/RDF-HQ ... d.jpg.html
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

No I mean the design for the RRT Mini. This - http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... 39/Yf4.jpg
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

jaymz wrote:No I mean the design for the RRT Mini. This - http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... 39/Yf4.jpg

So, the official version of the YF/VF-4 has the weapons on the arms instead of the shoulders
The Dragon Has Spoken
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

The weapons were always in the arms....the VF-4 in macross has them on the arms as well.

\m/
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

jaymz wrote:The weapons were always in the arms....the VF-4 in macross has them on the arms as well.

Oh duh....from this i thought those shoulders were the weapons
The Dragon Has Spoken
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Snake Eyes wrote:
jaymz wrote:The weapons were always in the arms....the VF-4 in macross has them on the arms as well.

Oh duh....from this i thought those shoulders were the weapons

Possibly them to, but then you also have the clear gun barrel sticking out of the forearm to. ;)
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Not to mention...that's the VF-4 battroid mode from Macross and would likely differ some from their VF-X-4. I know the fighters do differ some.

Palladium couldn't use that even if they wanted too :ok:

\m/

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”