Generating VF-X-5 Attack Bomber Prototype Usage Notes

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ShadowLogan
Palladin

Generating VF-X-5 Attack Bomber Prototype Usage Notes

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Generating VF-X-5 Attack Bomber Prototype Usage Notes for use in the 2E RPG. As it is unlikely we will see anything official on the VF-X-5 Condor any time soon, and keeping in mind the no posting game stats policy for this subforum.

So what do you think the 2E RPG's version of the VF-X-5 Condor Prototype would look like. I ask for several reasons, and I know individual GMs can do what they want. Still it can offer several possibilities for game play and may require some game mechanic level of interaction:
-resistance unit(s) find prototypes in storage
-allow the PCs to operate as "test pilots", ala MacrossPlus
-allow for the PCs to be "rescued" by a prototype(s), ala the VF-X-4 in FTS comic/gn
-allow the PCs to "rescue" the prototype(s) from an attack during a test flight
-recover a stolen prototype
-steal said prototype for some faction
-could do/encounter alternate universe where the VF-5 was put into mass production
-like the VF-X-4 is just doesn't make the cut to full mass production as a mainstay unit (this bit is based on the RT.com infopedia file about the VF-X-4 and interpretation of the VF-X-4 in the Mini's game), so exists in small numbers (this conflicts with RPG entry though, however given the VF-X-4 infopedia entry can be interpreted similarly as being cancelled...)

Per the 2E RPG we know that the MBR-10/12 Condor non-Transformable (nt) Battloid
-started off as the VF-X-5 Veritech Fighter Prototype in 2022 as a competitor to the VF-X-7 program, and it was shelved shortly after the VF-X-7 program
-was a three mode veritech
-it was to replace the SFA-5 Conbat (nt) Strike Fighter
-it showed promise (what does this mean?)
-it was plagued with cost overruns (so did the VF-X-4)
-it was plagued with many design problems (such as?)
-it was unable to deliver what the UEEF needed from it (which was?)

Game mechanic bonuses likely can also simply use the nt-B (since the VFs don't get dodge bonuses based on mode anymore, but rather in flight/on the ground). For simplicity, M.D.C. by Location is likely to remain unchanged (locations for wings and tail can likely be proportionally added from other examples). But several questions do remain.

Question 1. How different would the weapons loadout be between the nt-B versions (Condor in TSC main book is the Mark II, so there logically must be a Mark I, it is also known as the MBR-10 and MBR-12 depending on where you look). Would the weapons just be equal to the nt-B version and call it a day? Or would it also have the weapons of the SFA-5 it was intended to replace? Or does it come closer to its VF-X-7 Beta competitor , but with with different placements (the twin MM-20/8 being replaced with the Condor's native MM-42 obviously). And would the Veritech version still sacrifice part of the arm paylaod for the use of the gunpod (not saying the missile launchers couldn't be blocked when holding such a weapon, but it can't be blocked all the time).

Question 2. What would the speed/altitude performance and dimensions in the alternate modes (Jet and Guardian) be? Or how would one determine them?

Question 3. Since the VF-X-5 was to be a competitor to the VF-X-7 program. Is it possible that the prototype unit was also designed to connect with an Alpha Fighter (or another VF type)? And if so, how similar/different is the approach used than on the VF-X-7/VF-9 Beta.

Question 4:. It is said to have design problems. Question how to work those into the game, and what might they be (ideas). The simplist approach would be to simply use the IMU Malfunction Tables as appropriate (pg 42-4 of NG SB). 1E RPG's "Ghost Ship" Adventure Module had similar tables concerning use of ASC mecha, and might also be appropriate for Prototypes.

Question 5. This is more dressing for the setting/use, but how would the VF-X-5 Prototype transform? Is it:
-styled after the VF-X-7/VF-9 Beta Veritech?
-styled after the VF-8 Logan Veritech? (the difference from the Beta is that the lower body would swing back, raising the legs in line with the upper torso section, the Beta approach would have the legs swing back and up w/o effecting the torso)
-styled after the Alpha to some extent (the arms mostly, the legs would require transforming like the Beta or Logan, though a Logan-twist could be included w/the lower body to allow the legs to transform more like the Alpha, the cockpit/snout remains like the Beta or Logan)
-when the VF-X-5 was turned into the MBR-10 (or maybe even later with the MBR-12 version), it included additional modules (equivalent to the VF-1's Fast Pack or GBP-1S, or the ASC's Battloid jump system), so what we see in the nt-b version lines would not necessarily apply to the VT version, allowing it to transform closer to just about any of the main stream Veritech Fighters (VF-1/6/8/9/10)
-some other custom approach
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: Generating VF-X-5 Attack Bomber Prototype Usage Notes

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

looking at the condor, i would say an alpha like transformation is likely. main difference is that the nose of the fighter folded forward instead of onto the back. presumably this would have made the cockpit easier to design since it wouldn't need to tilt the pilot around. the need to lock the joint between the upper and lower torso might have been problematic technically at the time (it would seem to be the first time such a feature is included in a VF in robotech..)

i suspect the battloid's weapons are pretty close to what the VF-x-5 had.. perhaps it originally it mounted chest launchers ala the shadow drone? or pop-up launchers under an armored hood? (something that might have been dropped to simplify the design for destroid use.) i think the pop-up launchers would be more interesting.. you could probably fit MRM's in such given the size.

it also could have mounted large missiles under the intakes.. which we see the alpha do in some of the toys and such, and in the GCM development material. the condor could easily sling half a dozen of the fighter type LRM's under there.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

I went ahead and made the mecha one that was fully developed and fielded by the UEEF. I prefer to give my players a wide range of choices for mecha so those that are considered 'failed prototypes' or 'cost to much to produce' per canon as well as some from Macross end up as a mass produced mecha in my games.

Fluff text for the VBF-5 Vulture some of which is derived from the uRRG and Robotech Research websites.
Design for the VBF-5 Vulture began in 2013 with request to develop a mecha that could both replace the VA-2 and perform the additional role of a trans-atmospheric bomber. During development there were many issues with the transformation sequence due to the internal bomb bay. If removed the transformation sequence worked quite well. This particular prototype eventually lead to the VFA-6 Alpha. The battliod mode prototype was also very successful, which lead to the development of the MBR-12 Condor.

As such the VBF-5, and VFA-6 share many similarities. But there were a number of difference between the two transformable mecha. The biggest difference was the protruding armored snout, and bomb bay. This gave the Vulture's pilot added protection, but limited atmospheric speed due to aerodynamic constraints. However, by using maximum thrust for a short period, the mecha was capable of reaching low orbit independently.

The VBF-5 and MBR-12 were, when compared side by side almost identical when the veritech was in battliod mode. But upon closer inspection the MBR-12 is bulkier due the removal of the transformation sequence and additional armor. Internally the bomb bay, now empty space, provided a place to store more SLMH for exo-atmospheric operations.

The VBF-5 Vulture did not enter active service until 2017, although prototypes had been fielded as part of orbit to surface QRF's as early as 2016.

The VBF-5 Vulture was tasked in the UEEF with heavy assaults on starships and ground installations with missiles or bombs. As such, the design fulfilled its expectations, being very well armored and packing a large punch. Apart from the payload as a bomber, in its bay and on its hard points, the VBF-5 carried forty-four defensive missiles and carried a EU-12, one of the heaviest beam cannons ever carried by human airborne mecha. This weapon alone could destroy most opposing enemy mecha with its penetrating salvo's.

In addition to the bomber taskings, this tough design also served as a heavy, air mobile, assault mecha in battloid mode, usually with a pair of FAST packs attached. The FAST packs prevented transformation until ejected as they were attached to the wings in battliod mode. In this role the mecha performed admirable well.

The VBF-5 Vulture was eventually superseded by the VBF-9 Beta, and was phased out of service with the UEEF in 2042. But the mecha was well received by several Sentinel races and produced by the Karrbarrens well into the 2060's.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

There are some artists renditions of what a Condor VF in fighter mode might look like.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... tech05.jpg

Personally I used the old VF-1X from Strike force as the starting point which evolved into the Condor which evolved to eventually give us the Vindicator from the old Invid Invasion and Sentinels RPG books.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

jaymz wrote:There are some artists renditions of what a Condor VF in fighter mode might look like.

Personally I used the old VF-1X from Strike force as the starting point which evolved into the Condor which evolved to eventually give us the Vindicator from the old Invid Invasion and Sentinels RPG books.

I actually use that pic for the VBF-5 in fighter mode. I just don't know who originally drew it so I can give credit.

I too see the VF-1Z from Strike Force as a prototype that led to the Condor and Alpha. As for the Vindicator I made it the UEEF's first veritech built from the ground up to use shadow tech. In my Robotech universe, the early shadow devices were too big for the smaller veritechs so they just super sized an Alpha.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

See i went VF-1X to Condor version to Vindicator which was produced in limited number along with the VF-4 :D
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
ShadowLogan
Palladin

@glitterboy2098
I have looked at the lineart/design. I'm just not sure I see what you mean by the snout's transformation. They could get the same effect though by having it fixed like on the Logan, and having the lower torso/legs swing back and up like on the Logan with possibly either an Alpha leg rotation once back there or following the lines of the Logan. Though personally the easiest way to get it to transform IMHO is to treat sections as disposable attachments, since underneath some of those structures could result in a regular Alpha-ish design once done. Though this is a problem with differing views when it comes to making something transform w/only one mode available.

I ask about the weapons fit, because the MM-44 and gunpod only combo seem an ill fit for a design that was to replace the Conbat and as a competitor to the Beta (both of which are stated to be true in the 2E RPG). It feels more like an Alpha competitor/derivative at that level (even w/the Drone pop-up lids). That it was to be competitor to the Beta during testing would suggest their weapons fit would be similar unless the Beta team went for Overkill (or at least compared to the VF-9 update). I do agree that the Condor should have external hardpoints that at least are equal to a Conbat's payload capacity. I'm not sure if I would give it an internal bomb bay as some have done.

Something I've thought the Condor should have is a big gun in the nose/snout due to the protrusion in the lower nose. It could be a sensor or barrel projection (barrel itself or a cowling) in the baseline line art views (3/4 front/rear shots) and (IIRC) the one still shot from the show.

@jedi078
I too see the VF-1Z from Strike Force as a prototype that led to the Condor and Alpha. As for the Vindicator I made it the UEEF's first veritech built from the ground up to use shadow tech. In my Robotech universe, the early shadow devices were too big for the smaller veritechs so they just super sized an Alpha.

I have trouble seeing the VF-1X prototype from Strike Force as a VF-1 derivative (along with the Vindicator). Though now that I think about it, the VF-1X could be dropped into in the Alpha family (VFA-6 letter?) as an air-interceptor/multi-role optimized version(s) placing emphasis on speed and long range combat (by 1E as written performance stats) and the existing Alphas (Z/H/I/S/X) as more of an emphasis on close range combatant (and sacrificing speed in comparison).

I can see the Condor as presented visually leading into three Veritech designs though: Alpha, Logan, and Beta based on various design traits. The Alpha in the upper limb area, wings on the back, the Beta in the lower body, and the Logan from the "snout" approach (other aspects of the Condor are also suggestive of possibly evolving into the Logan). The Logan and Beta also share some similarities in transformation (arm/wing combo). Though the Logan may be more "forced" as it was from a different series than NG. IF you count the Vindicator (I don't think it actually exists based on the series, w/n the RPG itself I have no objections to its use), then four designs.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

See I had a complete VF-X-5 program, renaming the VF-1X the VF-X-5-1, The Condor the VF-X-5-2 and the Vindicator being the final evolution of the design as the VF-X-5-3 and then VF-5. The VF-X-6 program was a sort of offshoot of that program resulting, obviously, into the Alpha and that offshoot influenced the parent program giving us the Vindicator. Then having the battloid mode of the Condor reworks as an aircav/support destroid as an offshoot of the VF-X-5 program as well and eventually replacing the Aggressor and Gaurdian VTOL mecha in Strike Force. :)

\m/
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

jedi078 wrote:
jaymz wrote:There are some artists renditions of what a Condor VF in fighter mode might look like.

I actually use that pic for the VBF-5 in fighter mode. I just don't know who originally drew it so I can give credit.

I believe that's Tim Wing's...saw it on his Robotech Illustrated facebook page.
They can't see me...Right!?
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Definitely a 'virtual cockpit', and reminds me of some of the American supersonic fighter designs that relied on cameras for pilot visuals, since existing windows fared into the hull were effectively useless.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Protoculture

Unread post by Protoculture »

jedi078 wrote:I went ahead and made the mecha one that was fully developed and fielded by the UEEF. I prefer to give my players a wide range of choices for mecha so those that are considered 'failed prototypes' or 'cost to much to produce' per canon as well as some from Macross end up as a mass produced mecha in my games.

Fluff text for the VBF-5 Vulture some of which is derived from the uRRG and Robotech Research websites.
The VBF-5 Vulture was eventually superseded by the VBF-9 Beta, and was phased out of service with the UEEF in 2042. But the mecha was well received by several Sentinel races and produced by the Karrbarrens well into the 2060's.

Wow .... I actually been thinking the same thing .... in fact, together with VBF-5 Condor, I decided that Karbarrans would also fielded Delta VF series, which previously a prototype light VF design by RRG on Tyrol.

Delta VF:
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/zino_2099/robotech%20sentinal/VF-DeltaBattloidMode01.jpgg
Last edited by Protoculture on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Protoculture

jedi078 wrote:

That's baby is drawn by Tim Wing of Robotech Illustrated. Oh BTW, Tim had also redesigned the VF-1X from Strike Force:

Fighter Mode:
https://www.facebook.com/209250792561099/photos/pb.209250792561099.-2207520000.1409911800./209370185882493/?type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-frc3%2Ft31.0-8%2F1049261_209370185882493_888118698_o.jpg&smallsrc=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xpa1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F1017267_209370185882493_888118698_n.jpg%3Foh%3Dd38008fe4deffaf83bee6751a76de93c%26oe%3D54894B17%26__gda__%3D1420371300_50df4bd1ffc915ca2997ca38661acf57&size=2048%2C1183&fbid=209370185882493

Battloid Mode:
https://www.facebook.com/209250792561099/photos/pb.209250792561099.-2207520000.1409911800./209370195882492/?type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xfa1%2Ft31.0-8%2F1053115_209370195882492_1919163483_o.jpg&smallsrc=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xfa1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F1002729_209370195882492_1919163483_n.jpg%3Foh%3D4db4abc2a9aceaea244389c9f5446362%26oe%3D54973AC1%26__gda__%3D1420097526_8695f2367edd192e3ed0a103684c20fe&size=1515%2C2048&fbid=209370195882492
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Protoculture wrote:
jedi078 wrote:

That's baby is drawn by Tim Wing of Robotech Illustrated. Oh BTW, Tim had also redesigned the VF-1X from Strike Force:

Fighter Mode:
https://www.facebook.com/209250792561099/photos/pb.209250792561099.-2207520000.1409911800./209370185882493/?type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-frc3%2Ft31.0-8%2F1049261_209370185882493_888118698_o.jpg&smallsrc=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xpa1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F1017267_209370185882493_888118698_n.jpg%3Foh%3Dd38008fe4deffaf83bee6751a76de93c%26oe%3D54894B17%26__gda__%3D1420371300_50df4bd1ffc915ca2997ca38661acf57&size=2048%2C1183&fbid=209370185882493

Battloid Mode:
https://www.facebook.com/209250792561099/photos/pb.209250792561099.-2207520000.1409911800./209370195882492/?type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xfa1%2Ft31.0-8%2F1053115_209370195882492_1919163483_o.jpg&smallsrc=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xfa1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F1002729_209370195882492_1919163483_n.jpg%3Foh%3D4db4abc2a9aceaea244389c9f5446362%26oe%3D54973AC1%26__gda__%3D1420097526_8695f2367edd192e3ed0a103684c20fe&size=1515%2C2048&fbid=209370195882492

would make a good "vindicator" in the new RPG. the problem would be finding a place to slot it into the existing designations.. it's not a VF-1 or a VF/A-6 variant (it's something new), but tech wise it is old enough looking that just adding a higher number than 9 is problematic.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Does anything use the VF-5 designation?

\m/
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

jaymz wrote:Does anything use the VF-5 designation?

VF-X-5 was the veritech prototype that would become the Condor battloid when the program was cancelled.

VF-1 was the valkyrie
VF-2 ?
VF-3 ?
VF-X-4 has no name yet but can now be seen in the RTT game as well as the comics
VF-X-5 became the Condor
VF-X-6 / VF/A-6 is the Alpha
VF-X-7 was the original Beta prototype
VFA-8 is the Logan
VF/B-9 is the Beta
VFH-10 is the Ajax.

the gaps that currently exist seem problematic for a Valkyrie/Alpha hybrid style..

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Well.....VF-X-3 could be a possibility. In Robotech it is not connected to the -4 program like in Macross.

\m/
jedi078
Champion

Unread post by jedi078 »

I have the VA-3 Invader in my Macross era games and gave it the VA-2 designation.

For the VF-3 designation I use the Orgus mecha and call it the VFA-3 Viking. There's some pics on the net that show what the fighter mode would look like.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

glitterboy2098 wrote:VF-1 was the valkyrie
VF-2 ?
VF-3 ?
VF-X-4 has no name yet but can now be seen in the RTT game as well as the comics
VF-X-5 became the Condor
VF-X-6 / VF/A-6 is the Alpha
VF-X-7 was the original Beta prototype
VFA-8 is the Logan
VF/B-9 is the Beta
VFH-10 is the Ajax.

the gaps that currently exist seem problematic for a Valkyrie/Alpha hybrid style..

Actually to add more confusion to the mix, when one assigns earliest mention dates based on the 2E RPG it can get even stranger. VF-4/6/8 are all pre-2020 designs, but the VF-5/7 are post 2020 designs. The VF-10 is a mid 2020s design, and the VF-9 is a 2030s design. So # assignments appear to be given out of order, that or numbers are reserved based on mission type with odd numbers "Attack/Bomber" designs and even numbers "fighter/multi-role" designs. IINM at one time HG did have different numbering assignments with more gaps in the early 2000s.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

the VF-9 discrepancy can be accounted for by A - it is a derivitive of the-7 and B - it was done by the REF which by that point was distinctly separate from earth and likely had no connection to really know the designations of the Agacs thus the last number they knew of was likely the 8. A bit of a stretch but a possible explanation nonetheless.

\m/
ShadowLogan
Palladin

jaymz wrote:the VF-9 discrepancy can be accounted for by A - it is a derivitive of the-7 and B - it was done by the REF which by that point was distinctly separate from earth and likely had no connection to really know the designations of the Agacs thus the last number they knew of was likely the 8. A bit of a stretch but a possible explanation nonetheless.

I'm not sure if A would even be applicable here. Going off the RL B-1 Bomber program that was canceled in the late 70s, and then resurrected years later by the next Administration with a redesign, they simply went from doing work on the B-1A to the B-1B. A similar arrangement would work for VF-7. The B-1 though may be an anacrisim, and it also depends on how the designation system the UEDF uses is supposed to work. It is possible I suppose the #9 slot was reserved before the AGAC.

And B doesn't work either. There is nothing to indicate the UEEF/REF was out of touch with Earth during the late 2020s when the AGAC was development was occurring. Given that the UEEF/REF eventually recieved the likes of Louie and Dana, I find it hard to believe that no one knew about the AGACs designation. The AGACs was with Liberty Oberver Group (Ep37), and TS-85 returning from Deep Space might have also used AGACs (we don't see any odd mecha in the mix) suggest the UEEF/REF should have no trouble knowing about the AGAC's designation.

It is possible that the AGACs numbering isn't part of the VF-# line directly, but a line of helicopters (by a read of the mecha's backstory) which would push for 9 other designs starting with the XV/H-1 Prototype (numerous variants are said to exist)is proposed in the Mid-2020s by 2028 when the AGAC prototype is mentioned. My concern here though is what are/might those various designs look like (some are surely competition designs). I don't like this approach since it was merged with a Space Fighter program and that the AGACs isn't a pure helicopter so might instead fall w/other fixed-wing designs.
Tim Wing
Explorer

Unread post by Tim Wing »

@ jaymz.

Yep, that was one of my drawings...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 099&type=3

I plan on doing a write up for it eventually. In my view, it was a full production design, based on the Alpha of course. We also did a write up for it in the old uRRG, way back in... well, 2001. The page says last updated in 2012 though! huh???? Didn't know any of us were still actively working on that page around then.

http://ptn.home.xs4all.nl/Veritech/Condor.html

As far as the complete listing of Veritechs, that I consider to be viable in the Robotech universe, here is my list:

Serial - Name - Nominclature - Primary User - Manufacturer - Service Date

VF-X-0 Phoenix Veritech Fighter, Experimental UN Spacy Grumman/Rockwell 2008
VF-X-0 Armored Phoenix Veritech Fighter, Experimental UN Spacy Grumman/Rockwell 2009
VF-X-3 Veritech Fighter, Experimental UN Spacy Rockwell/Bell 2011
YF-4 (VF-X-4) Lightning Veritech Advanced Veritech Prototype UN Spacy Rockwell/Bell 2013
VF-4 Lightning Veritech Fleet Defense Fighter REF/UEEF Rockwell/Bell 2014
VFA-X-1 Veritech Multi-role Veritech Fighter, Experimental UN Spacy General Galaxy 2014
XVF-2 Pegasus Veritech Fighter Armor, Experimental UN Spacy Shinsei Industry 2014
VA-3 Invader Veritech Attack Fighter UN Spacy Northrop Grumman 2015
VF-3000 Crusader Veritech Fighter, Prototype UN Spacy Rockwell/Bell 2015
VA-X-3 Bronco II Veritech Close Air Support Veritech Fighter, Experimental UN Spacy Rockwell International 2016
VF-3000B Ardvark Veritech Fighter-Bomber, Prototype UN Spacy Rockwell/Bell 2016
VFA-X-5 Vector Veritech Multi-role Fighter, Experimental REF/UEEF General Galaxy 2016
VF-X-7 Ghost Veritech Space Fighter UN Spacy Northrop Grumman 2017
SDP-1 Stampede Valkyrie Veritech Anti-ship Assault Veritech Fighter UN Spacy Shinsei Industry 2018
VFA-X-6 Super Vector Veritech Multi-role Fighter, Experimental REF/UEEF General Galaxy 2018
V-BR-2 Shadow Hawk Veritech Tactical Veritech Reconnaissance Bomber, Developmental UN Spacy Lockheed 2019
VF-X-11 Veritech Bomber, Experimental UN Spacy Northrop Grumman 2019
VHT-1 Spartas Veritech Hover Tank UEDF Kraus Maffei Destroids GmBH 2019
VFA-6 Alpha Veritech Multi-role Fighter REF/UEEF General Galaxy 2020
VFB-X-7 Beta Veritech Fighter-Bomber/TREAD Booster, Experimental REF/UEEF Shinsei Industries/General Galaxy 2020
VQ-6 Vandal Veritech Fighter Drone REF/UEEF General Galaxy 2024
VAC-X-10 VAG Veritech Multi-role Fighter, Experimental REF/UEEF General Galaxy 2026
VF-8 Logan Veritech Fighter UEDF Rockwell International 2026
GR-Series Garland Veritech Combat Motorcycle, Prototype UEDF RRG Tokyo/Mitsubishi Heavy Industries 2027
VM-9 Silverback Veritech Light Armored Vehicle REF/UEEF Continental Battlemecha Ltd 2027
VPA-Series Hargun Veritech Light Veritech Motorcycle UEDF RRG Tokyo/Fuji Heavy Industries 2027
VA-5 Condor Veritech Fighter-Bomber REF/UEEF General Galaxy 2028
VHT-2 Hoplight Veritech Hover Tank REF/UEEF Quimeliquola Weaponry (Tirol) 2028
VR Series Cyclone Veritech MOSPEADA Veritech Motorcycle REF/UEEF Continental Battlemecha Ltd 2028
VFH-10 AGAC Auroran Veritech Armored Gyro Assault Chopper UEDF Shinsei Industry/Bell 2029
VHT-2 Kataphract Veritech Hover Tank UEDF Kraus Maffei Destroids GmBH 2030
YA-6 Albatross Veritech Fighter-Bomber REF/UEEF General Galaxy 2031
VFB-X-8 Tread Veritech Fighter-Bomber/TREAD Booster, Experimental REF/UEEF General Galaxy 2034
VRH-X Veritech Combat Motorcycle, Experimental REF/UEEF Continental Battlemecha Ltd 2037
VH Series Veritech Hover Motorcycle, Experimental REF/UEEF Vickers-Chrysler Robotech Systems Inc. 2038
VRL-X Veritech Scout Motorcycle, Experimental REF/UEEF Quimeliquola Weaponry (Tirol) 2038
VFB-9 Beta Veritech Fighter-Bomber/TREAD Booster REF/UEEF General Galaxy 2039
VFA-X-11 Vindicator Veritech Multi-role Fighter, Experimental REF/UEEF General Galaxy 2041
VF-13 Gamma Veritech Fighter UEDF General Galaxy 2048
VF-15 Mustang Veritech Fighter UEDF Quimeliquola Weaponry (Tirol) 2055
Protoculture

Tim Wing wrote:As far as the complete listing of Veritechs, that I consider to be viable in the Robotech universe, here is my list:

OK Tim, here's nitpicking a little bit.

Serial - Name - Nominclature - Primary User - Manufacturer - Service Date

VF-X-0 Phoenix Veritech Fighter, Experimental UN Spacy Grumman/Rockwell 2008
VF-X-0 Armored Phoenix Veritech Fighter, Experimental UN Spacy Grumman/Rockwell 2009

One off prototype variable VF. Sticking closer to Macross Zero in its adaptation into RT-verse. Non-canon.

VF-X-3 Veritech Fighter, Experimental UN Spacy Rockwell/Bell 2011

Hmmm, will this be the VF-1X Veritech prototype from the RT RPG?

YF-4 (VF-X-4) Lightning Veritech Advanced Veritech Prototype UN Spacy Rockwell/Bell 2013

OK, canonised prototype VF.

VF-4 Lightning Veritech Fleet Defense Fighter REF/UEEF Rockwell/Bell 2014

Ouch ....double ouch. This is touchy subject. I even covered this a while back in RTX.com. Here it is for quickie reference:
http://www.robotechx.com/forum/9-robote ... mitstart=0

My best advice, avoid it like a plague. Of course, if you still feel the itch of adapting a VF-4, just take the canonised YF-4 as a replacement. Thanks to RPG RT Tactics, we've a complete Fighter / Guardian / Battloid official art that is unique to RT-verse.

Yeah I know, it's a damn shame, but it is ethical in doing that. Because VF-4G Lightning III has no place in RT-verse whatsoever. Although, if you eally adamant in adapting VF-4, I would only tentatively suggest VF-4S (Siren?) from Macross: Eternal Love Song game, in which corresponds with the Macross II parallel continuity. VF-4S transformation is radically different from VF-4G Lightning III.
Protoculture

VFA-X-1 Veritech Multi-role Veritech Fighter, Experimental UN Spacy General Galaxy 2014

Waitaminute, is this VFX-1 from 1st ed RT RPG, OR the YFA-6 Genia?

XVF-2 Pegasus Veritech Fighter Armor, Experimental UN Spacy Shinsei Industry 2014

Errr, Pegasus? (Hopefully not the transforming moto-chariot or the robotic horse ... shudder)

VA-3 Invader Veritech Attack Fighter UN Spacy Northrop Grumman 2015

NOOOOOOOOOOOO .... Seriously, on what precedent would you want to adopt this mecha? My advice though, if you need a specialised naval platform post UN-Spacy / UNDF transition into UEDF, I'd strongly suggest a navalised variant of VF-Logan, namely the Super Logan from 1st ed RT RPG.
Protoculture

VF-3000 Crusader Veritech Fighter, Prototype UN Spacy Rockwell/Bell 2015
VF-3000B Ardvark Veritech Fighter-Bomber, Prototype UN Spacy Rockwell/Bell 2016

Actually, I also don't really advice in adapting VF-3000 series. In fact, if you want to adopt a VF from Macross-verse that closely follows VF-1's platform, I'd recommended the VF-1 upgrades and variants from several non-canon Macross games (some belongs to Macross II continuity) such as:

1. VF-1SOL from Macross: Scramble Valkyrie:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6108/6241565641_b4297b0dd2_z.jpg

2. YF-1R / VF-1R (from RT: Battlecry Game) with VF-1AR / SR / JR from Macross 2036 (from Macross II's continuity):
- VF-1R (Robotech-verse): http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l4b0yakmeT1qzqpuxo1_250.jpg
- VF-1R Series (Macross II-verse - please refer MAHQ for clearer img of AR / SR / JR):
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/ReddyRedWolf/media/VF-XXVF-1.jpg.html
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/macross2036/index.htm

3. VF-1 Orgroid (SDFM / RT: Macross Saga): http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130714024241/worldofjaymz/images/thumb/b/ba/Orguss-valkyrie-batt.jpg/500px-Orguss-valkyrie-batt.jpg

4. VF-1 Armored Ostrich Gerwalk: http://www.robotechresearch.com/rpg/mecha/rdf/veritechs/sgp_1_armored_veritech/sgp_1_armored_veritech.jpg

5. SW-XA1 Schneeblume (err, a stealth VF-1?):
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/vfexp ... sw-xa1.htm
Protoculture

VA-X-3 Bronco II Veritech Close Air Support Veritech Fighter, Experimental UN Spacy Rockwell International 2016

Let me hazard a guess, it is a Bronco Gerwalk Fighter from Orguss?

VFA-X-5 Vector Veritech Multi-role Fighter, Experimental REF/UEEF General Galaxy 2016

There are several Vector designs from pre-production art of Mospeada, or you're thinking of using the official YF-6 Genia instead?

VF-X-7 Ghost Veritech Space Fighter UN Spacy Northrop Grumman 2017

Hurmm, the Beta prototype, right? Or is it the VF-7 Sylphid?
VF-7 Slyphid (by Greg Lane): http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa125/RDF-HQ/Mecha/Vf7sylphide1.jpg
Protoculture

SDP-1 Stampede Valkyrie Veritech Anti-ship Assault Veritech Fighter UN Spacy Shinsei Industry 2018

Woah there ..... if I were to include the SDP-1 Stampede, I'd certainly included it in a near future of RT timeline, namely 2060 and beyond.

VFA-X-6 Super Vector Veritech Multi-role Fighter, Experimental REF/UEEF General Galaxy 2018

YF-6 Genia?

V-BR-2 Shadow Hawk Veritech Tactical Veritech Reconnaissance Bomber, Developmental UN Spacy Lockheed 2019
VF-X-11 Veritech Bomber, Experimental UN Spacy Northrop Grumman 2019

Weren't these two from NOVA Experimental Valkyrie project from Macross-verse?

VFB-X-7 Beta Veritech Fighter-Bomber/TREAD Booster, Experimental REF/UEEF Shinsei Industries/General Galaxy 2020

Noted.
Protoculture

VAC-X-10 VAG Veritech Multi-role Fighter, Experimental REF/UEEF General Galaxy 2026

Auroran / AGACS prototype?

VF-8 Logan Veritech Fighter UEDF Rockwell International 2026

Would you include the Super Logan variant from 1st ed RT RPG?

GR-Series Garland Veritech Combat Motorcycle, Prototype UEDF RRG Tokyo/Mitsubishi Heavy Industries 2027
VPA-Series Hargun Veritech Light Veritech Motorcycle UEDF RRG Tokyo/Fuji Heavy Industries 2027

Ohhhh, yesssss .... good stuffs there

VM-9 Silverback Veritech Light Armored Vehicle REF/UEEF Continental Battlemecha Ltd 2027

Noted.
Protoculture

VA-5 Condor Veritech Fighter-Bomber REF/UEEF General Galaxy 2028

Rather than makes it UEEF-specific, atleast relegated it to Sentinel's specific mecha.

VHT-2 Hoplight Veritech Hover Tank REF/UEEF Quimeliquola Weaponry (Tirol) 2028

Noted.

VR Series Cyclone Veritech MOSPEADA Veritech Motorcycle REF/UEEF Continental Battlemecha Ltd 2028

Noted.

VFH-10 AGAC Auroran Veritech Armored Gyro Assault Chopper UEDF Shinsei Industry/Bell 2029

Noted.
Protoculture

VHT-2 Kataphract Veritech Hover Tank UEDF Kraus Maffei Destroids GmBH 2030

Huh? Care to explain?

YA-6 Albatross Veritech Fighter-Bomber REF/UEEF General Galaxy 2031

Is it still YF-6 Genia?

VFB-X-8 Tread Veritech Fighter-Bomber/TREAD Booster, Experimental REF/UEEF General Galaxy 2034

Noted.

VRH-X Veritech Combat Motorcycle, Experimental REF/UEEF Continental Battlemecha Ltd 2037
VH Series Veritech Hover Motorcycle, Experimental REF/UEEF Vickers-Chrysler Robotech Systems Inc. 2038

Uhh, is it pre-production art from Megazone 23?
Protoculture

VRL-X Veritech Scout Motorcycle, Experimental REF/UEEF Quimeliquola Weaponry (Tirol) 2038

Hmmm, now, I'm intrigued .... care to elaborate?

VFB-9 Beta Veritech Fighter-Bomber/TREAD Booster REF/UEEF General Galaxy 2039

Noted.

VFA-X-11 Vindicator Veritech Multi-role Fighter, Experimental REF/UEEF General Galaxy 2041

Pre production art of VFA-6 Alpha?

VF-13 Gamma Veritech Fighter UEDF General Galaxy 2048

Tommy Yune's Gamma VF right? This:
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa125/RDF-HQ/Mecha/GammaFighterWP.jpg

VF-15 Mustang Veritech Fighter UEDF Quimeliquola Weaponry (Tirol) 2055

OK, now what could this be? Errr, I'm shooting blind now, is it VFXX Zentran from Macross II?

OTOH, I also kindly suggest if you could include the Delta prototype VF from Waltrips' RT Sentinel comic series that is based from RT Sentinel original design VTOL mecha:
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa125/RDF-HQ/Mecha/voyeur.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa125/RDF-HQ/Mecha/deltavt.jpg

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”