Regult Tactical Battle Pod File

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tim Wing
Explorer

Regult Tactical Battle Pod File

Unread post by Tim Wing »

My latest write up. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Actually, to be fair, most of this was written back in 2011 by myself for my old website, that was aborted a month in. This one has been cleaned up however.

http://www.robotechillustrated.com/zent ... attle-pod/

Also a big gallery of pictures posted for it.

http://www.robotechillustrated.com/zent ... d-gallery/

Follow it on FB

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robotech ... 099?ref=hl
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: Regult Tactical Battle Pod File

Unread post by jaymz »

Keep it up man. :ok:

I PMed you a while back. did you get it?
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Neat stuff. :ok:
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

Good stuff man! Good reading, like a Janes Aircraft Book.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

I love this:
"During the First Robotech War, the Regult met its match in the form of the VF-1 Valkyrie. In all quantifiable measures of performance, the VF-1 was a higher quality fighting machine. (As it should have been: a Valkyrie took ten times as long to produce and was estimated to cost one hundred times more. This takes some interesting assumptive arithmetic, since the Regult was designed almost two hundred years ago, under a completely different economic system and had its development cost spread over three billion units… still, one gets the picture.) But, as Joseph Stalin once said, quantity is a quality of its own."

Thank you :)

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Tim Wing
Explorer

@ Slade the Sniper: Thanks Slade! I was rather happy with that passage as well! lol.

@ Jaymz: I just now noticed I had something in my in box... reading it time now.
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Thanks for showcasing this!

I like the face that you mention the fact that the mecha has a 'top-side modular weapons mount' making it much more clear to readers that turning a standard Regult into either a Gluuhaug Regult, or Serauhaug Regult (or even the Telnesta Regult from RRT!) is a simply matter of removing one top mounted weapon system and replacing it with another.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

As always, great work! Keep it up!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Good job there.
The Regult; the Battle-Tabrant of Tirol.
Or:
"If we throw enough Volkswagons at them, we can overwhelm even those M1A2s!!"
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Tim Wing
Explorer

Okay, enough hating on the Regult, taalismn! lol. I'd go to war in one! (Okay... not really. I'll stick to my Abrams!)
taalismn
Priest

Tim Wing wrote:Okay, enough hating on the Regult, taalismn! lol. I'd go to war in one! (Okay... not really. I'll stick to my Abrams!)

Hey, I was using Regults as the basis of scout and construction IMUs for years! Pretty good balance for such an awkward-looking thing! Converted to micronian-human use, if you don't have to worry about getting blasted by somebody else's artillery, they make pretty good all-terrain vehicles for land survey!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

"If we throw enough Volkswagons at them, we can overwhelm even those M1A2s!!"

I knew they were German made... :lol: They do kinda look like beetles. :-?
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
taalismn
Priest

Phaze wrote:[

I knew they were German made... :lol: They do kinda look like beetles. :-?

Now I'm seeing a Regult with the VW chevron badge where its central optical port should be.

If Tim's game, maybe we should have a 'pimp my Regult' contest/convention(maybe move it to a new thread)...post-Rain of Death Regult mods, kitbashes, and repurposings, on Earth and abroad. So if you've ever done your Regult up in a 'Darth Maul' paint scheme, you're not alone. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Tim Wing
Explorer

I'm down! I'll lead it off in fact with a picture of the TBP-01 Jouster Tactical Battle Pod! (I drew this all the way back in... well, never mind. I don't want to date myself.)

http://www.robotechillustrated.com/refu ... attle-pod/
taalismn
Priest

Tim Wing wrote:I'm down! I'll lead it off in fact with a picture of the TBP-01 Jouster Tactical Battle Pod! (I drew this all the way back in... well, never mind. I don't want to date myself.)

8)
I'll have to find a basic lineart of the Regult fit for people to photoshop in their own color schemes(and, if they've got the skill, new assemblies like a spoiler wing sticking off the backside). :D

WHAT AM I SAYING?! You already have several up! :frust:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Tim Wing
Explorer

taalismn wrote:
Tim Wing wrote:I'm down! I'll lead it off in fact with a picture of the TBP-01 Jouster Tactical Battle Pod! (I drew this all the way back in... well, never mind. I don't want to date myself.)

8)
I'll have to find a basic lineart of the Regult fit for people to photoshop in their own color schemes(and, if they've got the skill, new assemblies like a spoiler wing sticking off the backside). :D

WHAT AM I SAYING?! You already have several up! :frust:

Let the photo-shopping begin!
Protoculture

Unread post by Protoculture »

Tim, could you include the Regult variants such as:

- Experimental Regult Upgrade with Twin Heavy Particle Cannons (from RT Tactics):
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa125/RDF-HQ/Imperial%20Zentraedi%20Forces/Mecha/Regult_Upgrade.jpg

- Strike (?) Regult (from Robotech: Wings of Gibraltar comic by Antartic Press):
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa125/RDF-HQ/Imperial%20Zentraedi%20Forces/Mecha/Regult_EXA.jpg
taalismn
Priest

I'd be leery of putting anything TOO heavy on those little top pylons, even though they seem to handle the stress of those big heavy missile launchers just fine.
Or anything that will suck the power out of the Regult's generator even faster.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Protoculture wrote:Tim, could you include the Regult variants such as:

- Experimental Regult Upgrade with Twin Heavy Particle Cannons (from RT Tactics):
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa125/RDF-HQ/Imperial%20Zentraedi%20Forces/Mecha/Regult_Upgrade.jpg

- Strike (?) Regult (from Robotech: Wings of Gibraltar comic by Antartic Press):
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa125/RDF-HQ/Imperial%20Zentraedi%20Forces/Mecha/Regult_EXA.jpg

Those two mecha are pretty much one and the same. I can see the version from the comics being an older variant, while the RRt version is the more 'modern' variant.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Tim Wing
Explorer

I think the main issue with the mecha(s) (Mechie?) would be the power, or lack there-of. I can see a Border Fleet version, built for a human sized pilot, with the extra room devoted to a extra power source for the p-beams.
Protoculture

Unread post by Protoculture »

jedi078 wrote:
Protoculture wrote:Tim, could you include the Regult variants such as:

Those two mecha are pretty much one and the same. I can see the version from the comics being an older variant, while the RRt version is the more 'modern' variant.

There's subtle differences. Both Regults sported different armaments. And both deserved to be included in Tim's Regult TBP file as both appeared in official, secondary RT materials (comics and RPG).
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Ok, I am liking where this is going! I have always like the battle pod and I think that over the years there would have had to have been multiple different variants. Looking at the ones linked above, I really like them...

I think that one of the strengths of the battlepod would be the modularity of the weapons design...
standard load out is the AA laser, 2 front lasers and 2 particle beams.
Light artillery BP swaps out the AA laser for SRMs
Heavy artillery BP swaps out the AA laser for LRMs
Recon BP swaps out all weapons for sensors

I could see the following variants:
Long range: swap out the AA laser and the PBs for a pair of very heavy PBs (range in the 10's of miles)
rail gun: swap out all the weapons for a pair if heavy rail guns, useful for penetrating heavy armor units...they are also somewhat slow.
Area suppression: replaces the 2 PBs with a pair of triple barrelled rapid fire lasers, short range, but useful for mowing down infantry units
space denial: replaces swaps out the particle beams and AA laser to strap on 6 LRMs on the side, but oriented vertically

Then of course there is the officer's battle pod, which is cool enough, but could easily be made even more so...
a pair of particle beams
chin turrets
gatling style heavy laser turrets replacing the arms
long range rail guns instead of the arms
additional missile packs replacing the arms
actual arms replacing the little derringer arms

Camo patterns!

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”