guaging interest.. Chat based Robotech Game planned

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

guaging interest.. Chat based Robotech Game planned

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

as the people that frequent the Chat know, i'm currently in the planning and development stages for a robotech game, which i hope to have ready to go later this year. (hoping to have it ready in the next month or so, thouh depending on the results of my job hunting might be a bit later than that.)

this game would occur Tuesdays or thursdays around 8pm EST (6pm MST, which is my timezone), most likely tuesday.

the game begins in late 2042, and the basic premise is the UEEF members of the player group are a special ops team being dropped onto earth in order to help organize the resistance in time to have them ready for the next big push against reflex point. the area the player's group is assigned to is Europe, a region the Moon Base's and UEEF have not had official contact with yet.

the game will use Robotech the Shadow Chronicles (aka robotech 2nd ed) rules, with the additions found at my website: [Link]

right now i am just guaging interest, seeing who would want to join the game. if you are interested, feel free to post here or to PM me. if you have an idea as to the type of character you would like to play please include that info, so i can try and plan the plot accordingly.

any book legal OCC is allowed, with the sole exception of the Invid Simulagent and Prince/Princess. (as humanoid Invid have not yet been created in the timeframe we are starting play.), although UEEF and related groups are preferred for the majority of the group. (related groups including Zentraedi, Tirolian Legion, and ASC troops that escaped earth. Related groups will be equipped with primarily UEEF mecha and gear.. will be determined on a case by case basis.)

the only additional requirement for characters (earth or space originating) is players must take at least one additional language besides english. European languages, Tirolian, and/or zentreadi being the main preference. (this is so the group has a chance to communicate with those they meet.)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
silvermoon383
Wanderer

Re: guaging interest.. Chat based Robotech Game planned

Unread post by silvermoon383 »

Count me in. I'm already eyeballing the Explorer Corps OCC and MOSes (been wanting to use one of them for a while now).

And as a heads up, I'm already brainstorming ideas on a crossover. XD
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

that gives me 4 players interested. two i know i can rely on, one a first time robotech player, and one that may or may not stick around.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Chronicler
Adventurer
Comment: "... and that is why you should never put a spork in a toaster."
-Over heard conversation in highschool

Unread post by Chronicler »

glitterboy2098 wrote:that gives me 4 players interested. two i know i can rely on, one a first time robotech player, and one that may or may not stick around.

If you still have room I would like to join in. But be warned I have never done a play by post before. I always had a regular group in person for RPG's.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

right now i don't have a limit. if i get deluged with requests i might have to but i'm mainly just seing how interested people are are right now.

and OCC wise, i have two people who want to do Battloid Ace's piloting bioroid interceptors, and one wanting to do the UEEF explorer corps

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
NEO Ness
D-Bee

Unread post by NEO Ness »

I'd be interested. Would we be using any programs like OSU-GT? They're handy with RPing, even if you don't want to use a grid feature, it helps with the imagination. I've already made TONS of Robotech pogs and characters on there that can be used, and I'd be more than happy to share.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

we'll just be using the forum's chatrooms. and maybe a campaign site at obsidian portal to keep track of logs and such.
i've never really needed battlegrids and such before and haven't used online ones.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
NEO Ness
D-Bee

glitterboy2098 wrote:we'll just be using the forum's chatrooms. and maybe a campaign site at obsidian portal to keep track of logs and such.
i've never really needed battlegrids and such before and haven't used online ones.

It's a neat experience, I recommend trying it out some time. There's even a chat log for the program, so you can still have your chat-based games, but with player pogs representing characters.

I've never RPed without using them, really, so a chat based RP is going to be new to me...
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

so right now, looking like 5-6.

Chronicler and Neo, any ideas what you'd like to play?

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
NEO Ness
D-Bee

I've been a fan of Random rolls. I can be a role that the DM/GM would want filled if need be. But otherwise, I'm pretty flexible, and can be generally any class needed.

EDIT: Is there a Dice Roll function on the website so I can make my character with you right now? I have all the books, I can take care of most of the paperwork stuff, just need GM approval with dice rolls.
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

glitterboy2098 wrote:so right now, looking like 5-6.

Chronicler and Neo, any ideas what you'd like to play?

if you still have openings I might be interested :)
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

I might be able to get in...any specific times for the chat experience, or is it like a play by text/mail?
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

basically, you'd go to this forum's chatroom : http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/chat/
and at the time we start we'd all go into one of the rooms or maybe the Pit, and play. basically it would be like a table experiance, but using live-chat. the chatroom has a dicebot so with the right commands you can roll dice, it has a private message feature for discussion you don't want others to see, and several other features that are handy.

for those who have not done this kind of gaming before, i would suggest visiting the chatroom in the evenings and watching some games to see how it works. there are campaign games most days of the week, and often pick-up games as well.

i do have plans to run some pick-up games before starting my campaign, as well.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
guardiandashi
Hero

glitterboy2098 wrote:basically, you'd go to this forum's chatroom : http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/chat/
and at the time we start we'd all go into one of the rooms or maybe the Pit, and play. basically it would be like a table experiance, but using live-chat. the chatroom has a dicebot so with the right commands you can roll dice, it has a private message feature for discussion you don't want others to see, and several other features that are handy.

for those who have not done this kind of gaming before, i would suggest visiting the chatroom in the evenings and watching some games to see how it works. there are campaign games most days of the week, and often pick-up games as well.

i do have plans to run some pick-up games before starting my campaign, as well.

I will keep my eyes open
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

the current list. if this is inaccurate, please let me know and i will fix it.

mechghost: Battloid Ace - Bioroid Interceptor
Silvermoon323: Explorer Corps - ?(cyclone?)
Kevarin: Battloid Ace - Bioroid Interceptor
Chronicler: medical technical officer - Silverback?

guardiandashi: ?
NEO Ness: ?
Phaze: ?

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Chronicler
Adventurer

glitterboy2098 wrote:the current list. if this is inaccurate, please let me know and i will fix it.

NEO Ness: ?

Yeah it was weird that the mentioned an ambulance version of the Silverback, but no stats for it. Reasons for the Silverback is to haul a bunch of medical supplies, but also help in a stand up fight.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

your right.

i'd say that, looking at the art, you could convert one to an ambulance in a similar way as the old medivac Jeeps.. a stretcher across the hood and maybe a spot for a stretcher on each side. something geared more for just moving the wounded behind the lines to aid stations, rather than in the field medical work. (similar to the medical Saber cyclone) once at an aid station the wounded could be loaded into trucks or shuttles to be moved to a full MASH or recovery center.

this has the advantage of not requiring a lot of modifications to the existing stats.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Chronicler
Adventurer

glitterboy2098 wrote:your right.

i'd say that, looking at the art, you could convert one to an ambulance in a similar way as the old medivac Jeeps.. a stretcher across the hood and maybe a spot for a stretcher on each side. something geared more for just moving the wounded behind the lines to aid stations, rather than in the field medical work. (similar to the medical Saber cyclone) once at an aid station the wounded could be loaded into trucks or shuttles to be moved to a full MASH or recovery center.

this has the advantage of not requiring a lot of modifications to the existing stats.

Yes, but looking at the art it doesn't seem to give that much room for a stretcher. Unless you take out the back turret and replace for maybe a two man area, that way I can still switch modes to get over tight obstetrical if need be.
NEO Ness
D-Bee

I random rolled a brainy technical officer. I'll type up my stats and such and give it to the GM soon. I guess since no one is a technical officer I'll have to come up with an interesting back story as to why he's down on the planet and not in a cubical.

Edit: Turns out it'll be a 'she' not a 'he'. After a bit of random rolls I think I've come up with a unique character for the setting. She's a tough girl, a bit racist against aliens, and is very smart. I can be a helmsmen/navigator or a science officer, which ever one will fit the story best.

Edit2: UPDATED ATTRIBUTES & HP/SDC W/ BONUSES

Name: Britanni Townley
Race: Human Alignment: unprincipled
Sex: F Age: 21 Height: 5'8" Weight: 135lbs
HP: 17 S.D.C.: 32 Armor M.D.C.:
Level: 1 EXP:
Place of Birth:Deep space Birth Order:Middle
Family Ties: Lost father
Outlook on Earth: symbol of hope
Disposition: Tough girl

Attributes:
I.Q.: 22
M.E.: 16 (+1) 17
M.A.: 11
P.S.: 15
P.P.: 10
P.E.: 12 (+2) 14
P.B.: 14
Spd: 17 (+3) 20

Common Skill Set (lvlup)%
-computer operations (+3) 82
-Langauge: English (+1) 90
-Literacy: English (+2) 82
-Mathmatics: Basic (+3) 78
-
O.C.C. Skills
-Climbing 50/40
-Forced March
-Military Etiquette 45
-Radio: Basic 70
-Sensory Equipment 45
-Swimming 55
-W.P. Energy Pistol
-W.P. Energy Rifle
-W.P. Handguns
-H-2-H: Basic

O.C.C. Related Skills
-Airplane (+4) 50
-Automobile (+2) 60
-Jetaircraft (+4) 40
-Motorcycles (+4) 60

M.O.S.: Helmsman/Navigator M.O.S.
M.O.S. Skills (lvlup)%
-Mathematics: Advanced (+2) 80
-Navigation 55
-Navigation: Space 45
-Naval Tactics 40
-Pilot Spacecraft: Small and Medium 60
-Pilot Spacecraft: Heavy 60
-Pilot Spacecraft: Capital/Super-Capital 55
-Space Fold Operations 35
-W.P. Starship Artillery
-W.P. Starship Energy Weapons
-Zero Gravity Combat

Secondary Skills
-Language: Zentradi 40
-Gardening (+4) 36
-

Extra Notes:
-Lean and athletic
-prejudiced against any non human people. More alien, greater dislilke.
-Bonuses: Forced March: +2 PE +1D4spd +2D6 to SDC
-MOS Bonuses: +3D6+6 SDC, +1 ME
Last edited by NEO Ness on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
guardiandashi
Hero

well if there is still a slot I am not sure how well the time may fit into my schedule (currently between employment so its ok, but I am hoping that will change soon)

I was thinking something like micronized female Zentraedi warrior elite, retrained as a veritech pilot of course that might be a little munchy.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

so everyone knows.. this game will probably not start till later this month. i can't give a specific start time because i'm rather busy trying to get going in my new job.. have a teaching job now, was hired yesterday, and the kids arrive Thursday and the first day of real classes is friday.

and in that time i have to get my room set up, get several days of lesson plans prepared, and fill out tons of paperwork. :frazz:

i am still working on my game material while i do this, i just haven't had much time to assemble everything yet. the rough outlines for the first few sessions are done (i say rough outline, because anything more tends to be horribly ripped apart by player action. :) ) and i will be starting on NPC's and such soon.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I would love to but I'm already chronically late and absent from one online game a week. Doing that for two would just be too much.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

revised group list:

Tark: Battloid Ace - Bioroid Interceptor
NEO Ness: Technical officer - Helmsman

and repost of character requirements/options:

any book legal OCC is allowed, with the sole exception of the Invid Simulagent and Prince/Princess. (as humanoid Invid have not yet been created in the timeframe we are starting play.), although UEEF and related groups are preferred for the majority of the group. (related groups including Zentraedi, Tirolian Legion, and ASC troops that escaped earth. Related groups will be equipped with primarily UEEF mecha and gear.. will be determined on a case by case basis.)

the only additional requirement for characters (earth or space originating) is players must take at least one additional language besides english. European languages, Tirolian, and/or zentreadi being the main preference. (this is so the group has a chance to communicate with those they meet.)

also: the "spaceborn vs earth born" modifiers from New Generation Sourcebook will be in use.. if your character was born in space or has been off earth since the loss of earth, you'd get the spaceborn bonuses.
in the event anyone chooses to do an earthborn character or one who's been on earth since the invid arrived, they will get the earthborn bonuses. if you do not have the New generation sourcebook, just don't worry about it, and we'll add them in during the first session. (they are fairly simple)

additional: if it looks like people are abusing the special aptitude rolls (too many "jack of all trade" results in the group for example) i will require everyone to reroll those. please be honest and fair ok?

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
silvermoon383
Wanderer

I'm guessing we're all starting at level 1?
Chronicler
Adventurer

here is what I have so far and rolled for. Still need to give him a good background, here is is physical descriptions and stats (already added bonuses from M.O.S)

Name: Lucas McCombs
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 149 lbs.
Hair: natural red, dyed dark blue
Eyes: green
Skin: pale with some freckles
Alinement: Scrupulous
Military Affiliation: U.E.E.F
Class: Technical Officer
M.O.S: Medical Officer

I.Q: 12
M.E: 13
M.A: 11
P.S: 11
P.P: 9
P.E: 11
P.B: 10
Spd: 10
H.P: 16
S.D.C: 19
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

looks good so far.

silvermoon383 wrote:I'm guessing we're all starting at level 1?

that is the plan. as you know, advancement to lv2 and 3 will be fairly quick, usually just one or two good battles and some good RP.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
guardiandashi
Hero

this is what I had so far, there are some stat adjustments still, and I need a name but...

Zentraedi Warrior Elite
IQ 11+1d8 (8) 19
ME 14 +1d4 (2) 16
MA 9+1d6 (5) 14
ps 22 +1d4 (4) 26 (13 augmented)
PP 19 +1d6 (6) 25
PE 20 +1D6 (2) 22 (11)
PB 12 +1d6 (3) 15
spd 24+1d6 (4) 28
rcc bonuses
+1 attack +1 init +2 strike (hand to hand) +2 parry and dodge +3 disarm and pull punch +1 roll with impact +2 strike long range weapons
MDC 22 +2d6/level (7) 29
heigth 36ft tall
weight 12 tons
age appears 18
pink skin (caucasian) light blue hair
Height micronized 6' 6" (or 6'11" ) (87%, 6ft +1d6 in plus 6" for micro zent)
build Lean and Athelitic (17)
born in deep space on a spaceship
special aptitude bonus (27) natural Veritech Ace pg 69
Outlook on earth (91) earth is symbol of hope and humanities future
dislikes space folds and teleportation (84)
disposition (15) by the book
panzerfaust
Adventurer

Unread post by panzerfaust »

plan to join as a token earther, and local guide....... Battloid ace or ATAC types. Former if more fire power is needed, later is tech support is more critical.
NOW can I fire my Nuclear-Gattling-300mm-Boom Gun ?! ; Anonymous Munchkin
Tark
D-Bee

Unread post by Tark »

Alignment: Scrupulous
Height: 6'1''
Weight 192
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Military Affiliation: U.E.E.F.
Class:
MoS:

IQ: 10
ME: 9
MA: 12
PS: 10
PP: 20
PE: 14
PB: 11
SPD: 8
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

a good start tark.
sorry things keep coming up to delay char creation..

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
silvermoon383
Wanderer

Not finished yet, gotta pick a name and all the background stats, and add up all the combat bonuses, I'll get those up sometime soon. Here's what I've got so far:

Name:

Attributes:
IQ: 13
ME: 14
MA: 14
PS: 9
PP: 9
PE: 17
PB: 8
Spd: 23

HP: 21
SDC: 36

Special Aptitude Bonus: Natural Veritech Ace

OCC: Exploration Specialist
MOS: Extraterrestrial Reconnaissance

Skills

Common Skills
72 Computer Operation
88 Language: English
80 Literacy: English
77 Mathematics: Basic

OCC Skills
50/40 Climbing
Forced March
42 Intelligence
40 Lore: Zentradi
50 Navigation
55 Radio: Basic
Running
45 Sensory Equipment
30 Space Survival
WP Energy Rifle
WP Energy Pistol
Zero Gravity Combat
Hand to Hand: Expert

OCC Related Skills

60 Language: French
30 Mechanical: Basic
35 Domestic: Cook
Outdoorsmanship

MOS Skills
35 Camouflage
40 Detect Ambush
55 First Aid
45/35 Holistic Medicine
52 Land Navigation
60 Mecha: Pilot Ground Veritechs
66 VR-038A Speedster Cyclone
MECT: VR-030 Series Cyclones
40 Prowl
45 Tailing
35 Tracking (people)
45 Wilderness: Spelunking
45 Wilderness: Wilderness Survival
WP Quick Draw
WP Shotgun

Secondary Skills
Athletics
WP Grappling Hook

Equipment:

CVR-3 Armor
VR-038A Speedster Cyclone
H-90 Gallant
Rifle attachments
4 PC clips
Grappling Hook
NEO Ness
D-Bee

NEO Ness wrote:I random rolled a brainy technical officer. I'll type up my stats and such and give it to the GM soon. I guess since no one is a technical officer I'll have to come up with an interesting back story as to why he's down on the planet and not in a cubical.

Edit: Turns out it'll be a 'she' not a 'he'. After a bit of random rolls I think I've come up with a unique character for the setting. She's a tough girl, a bit racist against aliens, and is very smart. I can be a helmsmen/navigator or a science officer, which ever one will fit the story best.

Name: Britanni Townley
Race: Human Alignment: unprincipled
Sex: F Age: 21 Height: 5'8" Weight: 135lbs
HP: S.D.C.: Armor M.D.C.:
Level: 1 EXP:
Place of Birth:Deep space Birth Order:Middle
Family Ties: Lost father
Outlook on Earth: symbol of hope
Disposition: Tough girl

She'll probably look something like this:

BritanniProfilePic
Last edited by NEO Ness on Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

looks good silver.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
NEO Ness
D-Bee

Well, I guess since everyone is posting their stats already, I'll go ahead and pre-roll with good intentions unless the GM wants me to roll again later.

Brainy:
I.Q.: 22
M.E.: 16
M.A.: 11
P.S.: 15
P.E.: 12
P.B.: 14
Spd: 17

Special Aptitude Bonuses (Are they allowed? If So, can I chose one or random roll it?) Random Roll: 29% Natural Veritech Ace.

Edit: Updated my main post for organizational reasons.
Last edited by NEO Ness on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

yes the special aptitude bonus is something you roll for.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
panzerfaust
Adventurer

Name: Tucker Mitchell
Race: Human/Zentraedi Hybrid (Auxiliary Specialist Caste)
Birth Order: 1st Born.
Family Ties: Parents and Siblings alive and Well.
How He Feels about the Invid: Invid are no different from any other Race fight 'em as ya would any tyrant.
Outlook on Earth's Future: The Pragmatist.
Height: 5’8”
Weight: 158 lbs.
Build: Lean and Athletic
Hair: Dark Red-Brown
Eyes: Dark Blue-Grey Eyes
Skin: Very Fair/Caucasian
Alignment: Unprincipled
Military Affiliation: Former ASC
Rank: Former 2nd Lieutenant in the Army of the Southern Cross
Class: ATAC
M.O.S: Mecha Engineer & Heavy Weapons Specialist
Disposition: Nice Guy, Friendly Courteous and Hospitable.
Special Aptitude Bonus: Sure Shot

ATTRIBUTES (Brainy)
I.Q.: 29
M.E.: 13
M.A.: 14
P.S.: 17 (Augmented)
P.E.: 17
P.B.: 15
Speed: 20 (14 mph)

HP: 29
SDC: 45
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

since i've had a few inqueries.. right now the game is in the development phase. i need some time to get a stock of nPC's and such ready for the first few sessions. i'm also trying to settle into my new teaching job, which is taking up a lot of my time during the week, since i had all of two days to prepare for it to start. thankfully i have a co-worker who had several weeks to prepare (and several years more teaching experiance) who has agreed to share her lesson plans and such for the first 3 months. which has helped, but for these first few weeks things will still be a bit crazy.

the earliest i can be sure i'd be able to start is mid september.

i'm glad that people are very interested in this game, and the response to it has been rather more energetic than i anticipated. i can only hope that my ability to GM meets expectations.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
panzerfaust
Adventurer

glitterboy2098 wrote:since i've had a few inqueries.. right now the game is in the development phase. i need some time to get a stock of nPC's and such ready for the first few sessions. i'm also trying to settle into my new teaching job, which is taking up a lot of my time during the week, since i had all of two days to prepare for it to start. thankfully i have a co-worker who had several weeks to prepare (and several years more teaching experiance) who has agreed to share her lesson plans and such for the first 3 months. which has helped, but for these first few weeks things will still be a bit crazy.

the earliest i can be sure i'd be able to start is mid september.

i'm glad that people are very interested in this game, and the response to it has been rather more energetic than i anticipated. i can only hope that my ability to GM meets expectations.

no problem GB when you are ready will be here.
Phaze

Unread post by Phaze »

I'll get stats when I am able... but this is what I am going for:

Name: Reagan Dubanowski "Duban"
Birth Order: 1st Born.
Family Ties: Loner. No family remaining
How He Feels about the Invid: Only good Invid, is a dead Invid
Outlook on Earth's Future: Doesn't care, doesn't expect to see a future of peace. He only sees his next objective.
Height: 5’10”
Weight: 180 lbs.
Build: Well built, muscular, but flexible
Hair: Brown goatee, High and tight shaved haircut
Eyes: Hazel brown
Skin: Caucasian, leathery skin, spent too much time in the sun
Alignment: Unprincipled
Military Affiliation: Former ASC
Rank: Former Staff Sergeant, until his unit was wiped out.

I'll add stats when I get a chance. Does this work?
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

some background info:

Date is December 2042. the 21st mars Division assault is confirmed as failed, and plans for a new offensive are underway. after 2 failed assaults, the UEEF command has been shaken up, with new leadership and a new plan. the Luna bases confirm that resistance activity on earth continues, yet coordination between the resistance and the UEEF remains weak. special operations units will be infiltrated into strategic regions, to contact resistance organizations and bring them into contact with Luna base and the UEEF, in preparation for the next assault.

notes about the time frame:
at this point in time the UEEF is only aware of the Scout, Trooper, and Soldier invid mecha. the Enforcer does not yet exist, and there are no simulagents yet. it is confirmed however that the invid on earth are not part of the Regent's forces, and UEEF troops are advised to expect to encounter unfamiliar mecha.

the expected area of operation for the player's unit:
the European theatre is an unknown.. old transmissions detected through orbital signals intelligence efforts indicate a sizable resistance cell in western Europe, however no two way contact was ever achieved, and signal activity has reduced drastically since the 2nd assault, suggesting either efforts to hide, or possible destruction of the cell. Eastern Europe offers little intel. sigint shows little overt military comm activity and nearly all that is present is encrypted, yet civilian transmissions are present. no evidence of organized EBSIS forces are visible to orbital recon.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

question for all those interested.. about a houserule modification a lot of people have been adopting in the combat system.

what do you think of running combat in 'phases'.. that is, breaking the combat round/melee into 5 parts?

instead of a character with more actions being able to act unopposed at the end of the round, any action over 5 would allow them to take two actions simultaneously during one of the phases.

so instead of
7 attacks: 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
5 attacks: 1 1 1 1 1

it would be
7 attacks: 2 2 1 1 1

or however.

two actions taken at one time would allow for say, a regular dodge to occur while also shooting once, two shots fired at one time, or to speed up a aimed/called shot, etc.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
panzerfaust
Adventurer

I supposed worth a try.
Phaze

Unread post by Phaze »

As this would be my first chat based game, I will go with the flow.
NEO Ness
D-Bee

glitterboy2098 wrote:question for all those interested.. about a houserule modification a lot of people have been adopting in the combat system.

what do you think of running combat in 'phases'.. that is, breaking the combat round/melee into 5 parts?

instead of a character with more actions being able to act unopposed at the end of the round, any action over 5 would allow them to take two actions simultaneously during one of the phases.

so instead of
7 attacks: 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

it would be
7 attacks: 2 2 1 1 1

or however.

two actions taken at one time would allow for say, a regular dodge to occur while also shooting once, two shots fired at one time, or to speed up a aimed/called shot, etc.

Sounds good to me. Similar to my own house rules. I can't wait :D any update on your status/date?

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”