A quick question.

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kargan3033
Hero

A quick question.

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

Does the no stat posting rule apply to fan made material or does that rule apply to cannon material?

After reading the last two topics on this could you work around it by assigning a certain amount of MDC with a mech/ship and that amount of MDC spread out equally to head, arms and so on since it's not in the prohibited format?
Last edited by Kargan3033 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: A quick question.

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

both.

and anything other than weight, height, etc stats is prohibited.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Kargan3033
Hero

glitterboy2098 wrote:both.

Could you work around it by assigning a certain amount of MDC to a mech/ship and have that amount of MDC spread out equally to head, arms and so on since it's not in the prohibited format?

Because I have an idea/adventure kicking around in my mind that I think that the other GMs/players might like.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

no. game useful stats like MDC, damage, etc will get the threat locked and likely deleted.

until HG says otherwise at least. apparently it is part of the contract between HG and PB.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Kargan3033
Hero

glitterboy2098 wrote:no. game useful stats like MDC, damage, etc will get the threat locked and likely deleted.

until HG says otherwise at least. apparently it is part of the contract between HG and PB.

Ahh ok then I guess I'll just have to write up my idea/adventure and e-mail it to anyone who might be interested, thanks for clearing that up.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

you can do a purely textural post, or a "janes" type post with fluff and general dimensions and such. just no MDC, Damage values, range, etc.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Kargan3033
Hero

glitterboy2098 wrote:you can do a purely textural post, or a "janes" type post with fluff and general dimensions and such. just no MDC, Damage values, range, etc.

I could but it just won't seem right, I hate leaving homebrewed adventures half done so I'll just make it up and e-mail to anyone here who wants it so that way PB does not get into hot water with HG.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Kargan3033 wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:you can do a purely textural post, or a "janes" type post with fluff and general dimensions and such. just no MDC, Damage values, range, etc.

I could but it just won't seem right, I hate leaving homebrewed adventures half done so I'll just make it up and e-mail to anyone here who wants it so that way PB does not get into hot water with HG.

I wouldn't mind seeing it.
Kargan3033
Hero

Alpha 11 wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing it.

When the adventure\game is done I'll e-mail it to you if you like.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

I could be wrong/misremembering but I thought the ONE EXCEPTION was in terms of actual real world items (like the F-16, F-15E, M-1A1, A-10, etc) when it came to stating things out in game terms.

Kargan3033 wrote:I could but it just won't seem right, I hate leaving homebrewed adventures half done so I'll just make it up and e-mail to anyone here who wants it so that way PB does not get into hot water with HG.

Actually leaving the game stats out might be best. Some people do play with house ruled revisions to game stats, and it could get messy in converting your standard (even if it is modelled after RAW) to their standard.
Kargan3033
Hero

ShadowLogan wrote:I could be wrong/misremembering but I thought the ONE EXCEPTION was in terms of actual real world items (like the F-16, F-15E, M-1A1, A-10, etc) when it came to stating things out in game terms.

Kargan3033 wrote:I could but it just won't seem right, I hate leaving homebrewed adventures half done so I'll just make it up and e-mail to anyone here who wants it so that way PB does not get into hot water with HG.

Actually leaving the game stats out might be best. Some people do play with house ruled revisions to game stats, and it could get messy in converting your standard (even if it is modelled after RAW) to their standard.

That is true but I think I was a government bean counter, statest in a past life because it really annoys the leving hell out of me to leave gaming materiel unstated. :lol: :x

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”