Any word on UEEF Marines?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NEO Ness
D-Bee

Any word on UEEF Marines?

Unread post by NEO Ness »

I haven't checked in a while but Im eagerly awaiting this release. Does anyone know why it's 20$ instead of 16$ like the others?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Any word on UEEF Marines?

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Well the page count is the most likely cause for the increase in price, they say they have 160pages, which is more than the two NG SBs or TMS SB (at full/regular size as opposed to the Manga) by a signficiant margin. So you are paying more, but you're getting more.
NEO Ness
D-Bee

Oh, derp. Well, that makes me even more excited! Any idea on a release date?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

The last Press Release I read says Fall 2014, though given their track record Winter of 2014-5 might be more optimistic/realistic. Though I don't know how much "editing" KS has to do, and how long HG will take to approve it.
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

NEO Ness wrote:Oh, derp. Well, that makes me even more excited! Any idea on a release date?

There were some folks on here making noises about it being pushed back to October, but even if that's what TPTB say I'd say ShadowLogan's probably got the right of it.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Its been pushed to release in October
The Dragon Has Spoken
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Seto Kaiba wrote:
NEO Ness wrote:Oh, derp. Well, that makes me even more excited! Any idea on a release date?

There were some folks on here making noises about it being pushed back to October, but even if that's what TPTB say I'd say ShadowLogan's probably got the right of it.

And I'm being optimitic in that assessment. PB has at least one other book slated for a Fall Release that they are shooting for a Sept. release, which would put it ahead of UEEF Marines SB1 in the pipeline.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I figure spring 2015....
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Defender_X
Explorer

Unread post by Defender_X »

Since we are looking at a fall release, it means that other projects in the pipeline got the love first or approval from HG took a while or both. I normally don't mind if it results in what happened with the Macross 2 sourcebook where we got additional material.
I get that many attacks with my beam cannons?!
NEO Ness
D-Bee

Fall 2015? That doesn't sound very promising.

They already have a cover art, and pre-orders going. Wouldn't fall 2014 sound better? Or am I being too optimistic? I don't know if I can wait till fall 2015 D:
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

NEO Ness wrote:Fall 2015? That doesn't sound very promising.

They already have a cover art, and pre-orders going. Wouldn't fall 2014 sound better? Or am I being too optimistic? I don't know if I can wait till fall 2015 D:

Palladium's habitual difficulties with its release schedule have left a lot of experienced GMs and players with what could be called a somewhat pessimistic view of announced release dates.

Personally, I suspect that 2015 is more realistic... especially now that Robotech Academy is dead, the headwiz at Harmony Gold is probably hoping this comes out in 2015 too so they'll have something that is at least technically new to show for Robotech's 30th anniversary.

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

I expect the book to come out 1st quarter of 2015
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

It's typical delays with anything related to Robotech from Palladium. Look at the problems they're having with Tactics. I'm glad I didn't put any money into that or Academy.
They can't see me...Right!?
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

TheOttoman wrote:I'll put $20 down on end of summer 2015.

I so want to take you up on this offer
Seto Kaiba
Knight

TheOttoman wrote:If you want, I'll narrow it down further to between the third week of August to the Second week of September, 2015. You still want 1 Jan 2015 - 31 Mar 2015 ?

We starting a pool for this?

If so, I'm in for the second week in March 2015 (because it's got a Friday the 13th in it).

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

:lol: this is awesome, bets being offered on when a book might come out :lol:
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Seto Kaiba
Knight

jaymz wrote::lol: this is awesome, bets being offered on when a book might come out :lol:

Eh, I've heard weirder... we're nowhere near on the level of the folks who were betting on if J.K. Rowling was going to kill the titular character off in the last Harry Potter book. That took a level in absurd when the book came out and the frigging court system found itself being asked to determine whether Harry Potter had "died" in the story. :lol:

Part of me is morbidly curious to see what they're going to do with the rejected concept art from Genesis Climber MOSPEADA since this represents a whole new level of desperation for Robotech. The longer the wait, the more I dread it though... because I know crowbarring that stuff into continuity is not going to be pretty or elegant.

Chronicler
Adventurer
Comment: "... and that is why you should never put a spork in a toaster."
-Over heard conversation in highschool

Unread post by Chronicler »

Seto Kaiba wrote:
jaymz wrote::lol: this is awesome, bets being offered on when a book might come out :lol:

Eh, I've heard weirder... we're nowhere near on the level of the folks who were betting on if J.K. Rowling was going to kill the titular character off in the last Harry Potter book. That took a level in absurd when the book came out and the frigging court system found itself being asked to determine whether Harry Potter had "died" in the story. :lol:

Part of me is morbidly curious to see what they're going to do with the rejected concept art from Genesis Climber MOSPEADA since this represents a whole new level of desperation for Robotech. The longer the wait, the more I dread it though... because I know crowbarring that stuff into continuity is not going to be pretty or elegant.

Of course there is dip sticks like me that try to make that stuff into continuity anyways, official or otherwise :lol:
MilkManX
Wanderer
Comment: Not a fan boy or a purist. I like to play Robotech because the game world is fun and interesting much like the 1985 show.

Unread post by MilkManX »

I will bet 20 on Winter 2015 before it ships.
http://robotechfans.proboards.com

You're out here on your own.
Lonely soldier boy.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

TheOttoman wrote:
Tiree wrote:
TheOttoman wrote:I'll put $20 down on end of summer 2015.

I so want to take you up on this offer

If you want, I'll narrow it down further to between the third week of August to the Second week of September, 2015. You still want 1 Jan 2015 - 31 Mar 2015 ?

I really want to take you up on this offer...

Question: When do you see the final outcome. At the printer, back to the warehouse, or in your dirty hands?
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Ship date is what i would say. That would be in the warehouse date.

\m/

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”