Mixing H.U with Robotech.

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Mixing H.U with Robotech.

Unread post by gaby »

Some people who were 13 or under when the SDF-1 hit,manifest super powers at puberty,the majorty early mutants,have 1,2 or 3 minor powers at most or 1 major one.
ther kids will have 1 major and some minor powers.

You can also use some of the Alien unlimited,s races,how ship was just pass through system but ther ships are disable by accident because of the SDF-1,s and Zentraedi,s folds,so the Stranded in Sol system.

What do you think?
Last edited by gaby on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Mixing H.U with Robotech.

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

While there are somethings that can be adapted from H.U. line, I'm not to sure if granting super powers is one of them. If Super Powers where to start manifesting in the population in general I would think it would be a post Rain of Death event what with all the radiation and (potentially) PC contaimination of the environment causing mutations.

Some aspects of certain Super Powers though can be helpful to some extent with other things players might encounter IIRC. But the aspects of H.U. I would expect to see adapted would be things like the Aliens, Bionics, and Robot categories with some adaption. Super Powers, Magic, and Psionics in general just don't seem to fit with RT very much, at least for humans (full on aliens are another matter).
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

the AU and AUGG races and political entities could be dropped into robotech fairly easily, with just a little tweaking to the map to account for the robotech master's empire. with some good SDC to MDC conversions, you could use the HU robotics building system and the AUGG spaceship building system to fill out the ranks of those entities with mecha and ships.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

glitterboy2098 wrote:the AU and AUGG races and political entities could be dropped into robotech fairly easily, with just a little tweaking to the map to account for the robotech master's empire. with some good SDC to MDC conversions, you could use the HU robotics building system and the AUGG spaceship building system to fill out the ranks of those entities with mecha and ships.

*nod nod*

Those are two good books to fill out the rest of the galaxy with other aliens other then Invid, Humans, Tirolians, and the Sentinel races.

Maybe some of them show up while most of the UEEF forces are off to earth, to get revenge on the Masters now that both the Invid and the Masters forces have retreated to their local group. And since they don't have that silly PC to power their ships they use other power sources and drives.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Against Robots that deal thousands of mdc your nerfing supers???
This makes no sense. Level the playing field.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

THis is what I had to say on mixing Robotech and HU, and I sand by my Mutantech setting.
http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=83852&start=1050&view=print
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

say652 wrote:Against Robots that deal thousands of mdc your nerfing supers???

not a nerf at all. more a "superman and the X-men don't really fit into robotech" statement.. you can adapt some of the non-superpowered stuff over to robotech very easily (heck, the reference to "our old cyborgs" by louie and the appearance of an obvious cyborg human dude in one of the pre- 1st war wildstorm comics makes inclusion of the cybernetics and bionics stuff almost a no brainer) but including things like super powers, mutant animals, and the general heroes in spandex element makes it very quickly not feel much like robotech any more.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

glitterboy2098 wrote:
say652 wrote:Against Robots that deal thousands of mdc your nerfing supers???

not a nerf at all. more a "superman and the X-men don't really fit into robotech" statement.. you can adapt some of the non-superpowered stuff over to robotech very easily (heck, the reference to "our old cyborgs" by louie and the appearance of an obvious cyborg human dude in one of the pre- 1st war wildstorm comics makes inclusion of the cybernetics and bionics stuff almost a no brainer) but including things like super powers, mutant animals, and the general heroes in spandex element makes it very quickly not feel much like robotech any more.

For the most part I agree with this statement. However I do take some exception to excluding mutant animals in general for several reasons completely:
1. post R.o.D there could be mutant animals created with all the radiation and evolutionary pressures in the environment, plus any PC that leaks into the environment from crashed Zentraedi ships might effect animals and insects explosed to it. We can see 2 'examples" of that in TRM saga IINM (Dana's "dog" in Ep37, and the "bats" at the Mounds could both be viewed as such). I'm not saying these would automatically be human level intelligence (like in TMNT), but the rules can certainly be used to mutate animals and keep them on that level.
2. they can also be used to create aliens, both intelligent (as HU intends) humanoids in-place of the alien tables, or to further develop a given world by stocking it with equivalent animals and giving them unique twists. The Zentraedi, Masters, and returning UEEF ships likely introduced new alien invasive species to Earth, just another way to create them
3. The tables can also be used for Invid Genetic Experiments (the IGE tables in NG SB already boarder on Super-hero), and at least as a potential plot point by the Masters (creating new "bio-weapons") for GMs to use since it is known they engage in "bio-genetic engineering" (IIRC dialogue).
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Superman would fit in fine in Robotech. Level playing field. Imo
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

My alternate Robotech history/future filled out the races of the galaxy by intermingling Mechanoids and Manhunter into Robotech. With so much unknown about the past of both settings prior to the games' current days, I thought they could easily be adapted with not much change needed.

As for HU...I could see a number of minor powers being possible but nothing beyond that at best. Otherwise, like SL, I see all of the non power based stuff being easily usable.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well All the Races from Aliens Unlimited have coutnerparts in my Galaxy,with the same the Powerblock with a few different things changing the timeline,like Atorian empire,took longer time on Anti-matter and are still wokring on the Conquest of ther Quadrant,Arismal is still intact,and the T.M.C is depating about first contact with Earth by 2009.
Kargan3033
Hero

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

I'm sure that when the SDF-1 crashed on earth and Robotechnology was being reversed engineered that the UEG have a few black programs that used Robotech and protoculture in cybernetic and genetic experiments to create super soldiers, advanced medicine and given the fact that after the end of the global civil war and the formation of the UEG and as was said in the RT anime that the entire resources of the world was dumped into the study of Robotechnology I'm sure there were more then a few *Large* Black Funds side aside for the study of Robotechnology in the fields of cybernetics and genetics so who knows what happened with those projects, never mind the AUL rebels sabotaging said projects.

Also consider what might have been unleashed by the Rain Of Death in those UEG labs that used RT and protoculture in their experiments that got leveled in the Rain and the effect on the people, wildlife, plant life and the environment from the destruction of those labs(secret or not)

Also considered that some of the secret labs that might have survived fair intact juring and after TROD the UEG/UEDF/SC could be searching for those labs and who know what shape they are in or what might be lurking in them. :twisted:

So with that in mind it should not be all that hard to cross HU with RT, also consider what research/black programs that the Southern Cross might have cooking that could be screwed or sabotaged by malcontents or the reminents of the AUL or any black ops by the Robotech Master juring the second Robotech war or much like the Rain Of Death the old UEG pre/post Rain Of Death or the UEG/SC labs at the end of the Second Robotech war that get damaged by the Invid invasion that the New Gen SC players have to deal with.
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

Unread post by FreelancerMar »

All I can say is, don't forget the genesis pits.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

While the Genesis Pits do provide some mutant like abilities and features, they are nowhere near even minor power levels according to the RPG. However, TR Edwards certainly exhibited some super mutations in the comics, and it took a freaking synchro cannon to destroy him, exhibiting MDC level abilities.

Genesis Pits and Protoculture Chambers can easily explain mutations with minor or even major powers. But I would keep it simple. 1 major, or 2 minor...max. Simply because human augmentation is not an aspect in Robotech. There are no juicers, no crazies, no cyborgs...just big transforming bots. Even aspects like psionics are pretty much limited to NPC only characters like the Regess or Robotech Masters OCCs.

But AtB/HU2 style mutant animals can easily fall in the scope of power levels of Robotech, especially if you are dealing with Sentinels Aliens as part of the game and adding in a little versatility to the otherwise standard human choice of races.

Additionally, using New West dinos from Rifts could be good seeing that RT dinos are MDC now anyway.

I agree that using AU/AUGG races could easily be adapted. In this case, their tech weapons should be MDC since they would be part of the RT universe, as opposed to "Rifting" in from the AU universe. They could be minor races mixed up with the RT Masters, Invid, or Sentinels. The Atorian's could have created a budding empire to fill the void when the Masters had fallen.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Gundam New Types?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

I have all my notes (9+ pages worth) for a robotech (1E) campaign that i ran about 10 years ago that included some aliens from AUGG.....a couple of the characters had minor super abilities, plus one of the characters in the game was a full cyborg.

Which reminds me, i need to back through my notes and update them to 2E
The Dragon Has Spoken
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

My group had our characters and about a third of the combined REF Sentinels force go to a different galaxy to aid a system that was oppressed by some cyborgs. I think there is 9 planets each habitable and very Lucasian as in all Forrest, all swamp, all frozen wasteland, all city, etc.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

Unread post by FreelancerMar »

There are things that could be able to Mix Into HU and Robotech. I already mentions genesis pits. Cybernetics and Robotics is another. It depends on what kind of game you want to run. You also should not be restricted to one area either. Using Material from Mutants in orbit could easily be dropped into it too. There are a lot of possibilities depending on the time period too.

To each there own.

Peace Out.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”