Southern Cross Fans / where did all the robotech forums go?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Re: Southern Cross Fans / where did all the robotech forums

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Galaxy_Stranger wrote:This is a bit off-topic, but I've started getting into 3d modeling and I need lots of technical information.

I've run out of Robotech related forums to go to. Specifically, I'd like to get into Southern Cross.

Eech... apart from the basic measurements of the mecha on the Robotech.com infopedia, there isn't much to go on. The creators of the original Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross series didn't really go into detail with their mechanical designs. In fact, most of the mecha in the series don't even have names and only the Spartas hover tank got even basic stats in the OSM.

As much as I would love to provide you all the information you need, I find myself without anything useful to add beyond what's already on Robotech.com.

Galaxy_Stranger wrote:Is there anything active out there?

As far as Robotech forums go... a lot of them are gone, having popped up and died out around '08, as interest waned following the Shadow Chronicles release. A couple of the old ones are still around, but have seen significant downturns in activity (Robotech.com itself being close to a ghost town).
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

I wish you luck in the 3d modeling. Though the only other info I could give you is maybe the RPGs. Though that most likely won't get you what you really need and or very far. And is most likely they same or close to what is on Robotech.com. So no real help there.
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Galaxy_Stranger wrote:Yeah, aside from the Robotech.com community being lackluster to begin with, it's got close to zero activity. And they've really clamped down hard on their posts as well, seemingly locking posts VERY quickly.

The reason for that is twofold... a couple of moderators there gave their banhammers a real workout when they decided (apparently independently of Harmony Gold) to start coming down hard on anyone who spoke critically of the Shadow Chronicles movie or asked uncomfortable questions about HG's legal (in)ability to use certain material in new animation (this is no longer going on, but the damage is done), and after a hacker broke in and vandalized everything they instated a 30-day inactivity timeout that would automatically lock any posts that hadn't seen activity in a month.

Galaxy_Stranger wrote:Makes me want to start my own site for people to come in out of the rain.

It's been tried... they don't normally last very long. I've been on a few, but they never seem to gather a population large enough to be self-sustaining. I'll wish you luck with that if you decide to proceed.

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Seto Kaiba
Knight

Galaxy_Stranger wrote:Uh oh...the wheels are turning...and I'm finding urls that don't have squatters...

My biggest concern is just getting the word out. Any suggestions?

Short of trying to post something on Harmony Gold's facebook, which may or may not fly with them, I can't honestly think of any ideas except maybe trying to get Zen72 to plug your site on his podcast... it's pretty much the only SANE Robotech podcast left, with the others having descended into a mixture of cultish hagiography of Harmony Gold staff and slander of anyone who speaks ill of Robotech or knows more than the podcaster.

MilkManX
Wanderer
Comment: Not a fan boy or a purist. I like to play Robotech because the game world is fun and interesting much like the 1985 show.

Unread post by MilkManX »

I hope Zen72 gets back to his show soon. He has not done one in a long time.
http://robotechfans.proboards.com

You're out here on your own.
Lonely soldier boy.
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

Unread post by FreelancerMar »

I am still waiting for a non-manga sized Southern Cross book to be released. Manga sized books will not be purchased by me. I hope that future releases will all be 8.5X11 format.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Well,

there is an enterprising fan from Japan (courtesy of Yui Yuasa) who made these beauties:

Ajax Fighter Mode
Ajax Helicopter Mode
Ajax Battloid Mode (01)
Ajax Battloid Mode (02)
Ajax Battloid Mode (03)

Interestingly, these could be the basis for a 3D Printed toy.....
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:Well,

there is an enterprising fan from Japan (courtesy of Yui Yuasa) who made these beauties:

Ajax Fighter Mode
Ajax Helicopter Mode
Ajax Battloid Mode (01)
Ajax Battloid Mode (02)
Ajax Battloid Mode (03)

Interestingly, these could be the basis for a 3D Printed toy.....

:shock: :ok: Nice. :ok:
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Oh, those are just beautiful...
In an ugly, non-aerodynamic, geeky way of course. :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,