Animal Question

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SRoss
Knight

Animal Question

Unread post by SRoss »

Hi, just wondering, is there a source somewhere for the RPG stats of common animals, like horses, dogs, cats, bears, cows, etc. For use in Robotech campaigns set on Earth?
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Re: Animal Question

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

SRoss wrote:Hi, just wondering, is there a source somewhere for the RPG stats of common animals, like horses, dogs, cats, bears, cows, etc. For use in Robotech campaigns set on Earth?

Well, there's mutant animal rules in the Genesis Pits book... but somehow I doubt you want megadamage cockroaches in the barracks.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
silvermoon383
Wanderer

Unread post by silvermoon383 »

Seto Kaiba wrote:
SRoss wrote:Hi, just wondering, is there a source somewhere for the RPG stats of common animals, like horses, dogs, cats, bears, cows, etc. For use in Robotech campaigns set on Earth?

Well, there's mutant animal rules in the Genesis Pits book... but somehow I doubt you want megadamage cockroaches in the barracks.

Brings on a whole new meaning to "bug bomb."
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Seto Kaiba wrote:

:lol: :lol:

silvermoon383 wrote:
Seto Kaiba wrote:

Brings on a whole new meaning to "bug bomb."

:lol:
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

THe PFRPG has a supplement, Monsters & Animals, that covers most everything in the way of regular animals quite nicely.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

silvermoon383 wrote:Brings on a whole new meaning to "bug bomb."

I'm suddenly stuck on the image of a roach the size of a bull mastiff chasing a bunch of soldiers around with a can of Raid.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
taalismn
Priest

Seto Kaiba wrote:

I'm suddenly stuck on the image of a roach the size of a bull mastiff chasing a bunch of soldiers around with a can of Raid.

Well, the Invid certainly understand the idea of flypaper(remember the guy under Col. Wolff who got stuck in the forcefield at the Invid hive?).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

taalismn wrote:THe PFRPG has a supplement, Monsters & Animals, that covers most everything in the way of regular animals quite nicely.

Not familiar with that sourcebook, but some others that come to mind:
-Rifts Underseas (aquatics like whales, dolphins, sharks, octopus, squid)
-Rifts Canada (okay only really has the bears, wolves, dogs, but...)
-Rifts New West, IIRC they have horses, snakes, and scorpions
-Heroes Unlimited, After the Bomb (series), and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (series), have rules for mutant animals, so one could simply spend the BIO-E to create regular versions.
-Rifts Atlantis OR Book of Magic, in the Tattoo Magic section they have some quick generic stats for animals (likely enough to be useful for NPCs), though I suspect not nearly as extensively covered or widely covered as
-Rifts MB (maybe RUE), but one might be able to piece together some information via various entries in the book (PPE, Metamorphosis, etc). Though this one is a bit more work and may not cover everything.

All of these should really be applicable to RT as there shouldn't be any real reason they wouldn't work as is. And the Rifts books also have useful information to use in RT in addition to the animals.

Seto wrote:I'm suddenly stuck on the image of a roach the size of a bull mastiff chasing a bunch of soldiers around with a can of Raid.

If you can you might want to check out Rifts/ATB: Mutants in Orbit concerning the fate of Mars. Mutant insects have over run a partially terraformed Mars. They've got a picture in there of mutant Ants with human weapons and they are ready to use them.
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

ShadowLogan wrote:
taalismn wrote:THe PFRPG has a supplement, Monsters & Animals, that covers most everything in the way of regular animals quite nicely.

Not familiar with that sourcebook, but some others that come to mind:
-Rifts Underseas (aquatics like whales, dolphins, sharks, octopus, squid)
-Rifts Canada (okay only really has the bears, wolves, dogs, but...)
-Rifts New West, IIRC they have horses, snakes, and scorpions
-Heroes Unlimited, After the Bomb (series), and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (series), have rules for mutant animals, so one could simply spend the BIO-E to create regular versions.
-Rifts Atlantis OR Book of Magic, in the Tattoo Magic section they have some quick generic stats for animals (likely enough to be useful for NPCs), though I suspect not nearly as extensively covered or widely covered as
-Rifts MB (maybe RUE), but one might be able to piece together some information via various entries in the book (PPE, Metamorphosis, etc). Though this one is a bit more work and may not cover everything.

All of these should really be applicable to RT as there shouldn't be any real reason they wouldn't work as is. And the Rifts books also have useful information to use in RT in addition to the animals.

Seto wrote:I'm suddenly stuck on the image of a roach the size of a bull mastiff chasing a bunch of soldiers around with a can of Raid.

If you can you might want to check out Rifts/ATB: Mutants in Orbit concerning the fate of Mars. Mutant insects have over run a partially terraformed Mars. They've got a picture in there of mutant Ants with human weapons and they are ready to use them.

I think I'd prefer to get it in one source, I found Monsters & Animals in the Palladium store.
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:
Seto Kaiba wrote:

Well, the Invid certainly understand the idea of flypaper(remember the guy under Col. Wolff who got stuck in the forcefield at the Invid hive?).

I'm sensing another Mauve Squadron adventure... :roll:
taalismn
Priest

SRoss wrote:
I'm sensing another Mauve Squadron adventure... :roll:

"Damn it, this isn't an Invid warehouse, it's a giant ROACH MOTEL! It's a TRAP! Nobody touch anything! Nobody...Toombs, what's that in your mouth?"
"...uh....foun'it her...tasts reel gud...uh-oh..."
"...okay, who ELSE ####ed up?!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

SRoss wrote:I think I'd prefer to get it in one source, I found Monsters & Animals in the Palladium store.

That of course is your perogative, I'm just saying that the Rifts books (and HU main book) might also have useful stuff in them you could use in RT.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”