Just a few questions to begin...

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Re: Just a few questions to begin...

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

yes those two are the ones you will need to play a Macross game. though I would just get them all if i was you. If your gonna play in space you will want yo get the Hardback or Genesis book.

Good luck.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

if your going to set the game after the near destruction of earth by the zentraedi, the 'reconstruction' period that lasted from 2011 to around 2028ish, you may want to get the Southern cross book as well. the southern cross was a rising power during that time (it gradually grew to take over the UEDF it was a part of.), and most of the southern cross mecha and vehicles were originally UEDF designs that were introduced during the reconstruction as the macross stuff was phased out of service on earth. (pretty much only the Ajax wasn't around by the 2020's)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

it is in the store. robotech master's saga sourcebook.

the 2nd ed books replace the old 1st ed game.. its a major overhual. more up to date rules, more accurate info on the setting, more accurate mecha stats, etc.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Galathilion wrote:Thanks again!
So, I have other 2 questions... First, Master's Saga Sourcebook is only in manga size? I wuold like to buy 8 1/2 x 11 inch format. Second, I read elsewhere that 1st press of some manual is full of mistakes. Which one? Also, what is sold now in the store is the 2nd press and fixed?

Currently the Master's Saga Sourcebook is only available in managa size. They do plan to release it in the regular size at some point (as they have already done with the Macross Source Book), but I believe they want to first run out/down the Manga size.

I'm not quite sure about the other question you are asking about.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

like most books, the first printing of each book had some typos and errors. the larger sizes currently being sold are a later printing where most of the mistakes in spelling and other typos have been corrected.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

bonuses from P.P. work as such:

in hand to hand combat (punches, kicks, swords, etc) the P.P. bonuses do apply. so a character with a high P.P gains strike, parry, and dodge bonuses that way, which get added to their hand to and skill bonuses and those from their weapon proficencies.

in normal ranged combat (rifles, pistols, etc) the P.P. strike bonuses do not apply, you only get what the weapon proficencies, certain skills, and the weapons provide. however you do receive the dodge and parry bonuses against such ranged attacks.

when piloting mecha, you do receive the dodge and parry bonuses, but not the strike bonuses.
basically, in the last two cases, if your the one shooting, you don't get the bonuses, but if your trying to avoid being shot, you do.

and no, a roll of a natural 1-7 or 1-4 is not automatically a failure,

basically, IIRC, in hand to hand combat, your dice roll (with bonuses from skills, hth type, weapon, etc) has to total 4 or more. so if i roll a 1, but have a +4 to strike, i still hit, because the total is 5.
the situation is the same in ranged attacks, but the target # to beat is 8.. so if i roll a 1, but have +8 to strike, i will still hit.

given the kinds of bonuses most normal palladium characters can have even at lower levels, missing due to a low dice roll is not very common. however, since lower dice rolls mean a lower total, the targets have an easier chance to dodge or parry attack, and thus not take damage. as a result, palladium combat, if visualized, would look rather like a martial arts flick or action movie.. with everyone involved moving around, blocking sword swings, ducking behind cover or just barely moving out of the way of a bullet, etc.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Just wanted to say welcome to the boards, and welcome back to Robotech, my first love and it will always be! :love:

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”