Zentraedi Player Characters

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Re: Zentraedi Player Characters

Unread post by jedi078 »

I don't halve the stats. I just have micronized zents use standard H2H damage instead of the augmented PS table.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

Follow the book.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

[edited]

I am currently putting together a warlord char, and is trying to make up a skills package (might call it an MOS) as if he was sent from the zent fleet to learn the human ways of doing things. Not certain on how it will turn out, but I will be attempting a technical officer skill package and a mecha pilot skill pack.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Mon May 25, 2009 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Maybe they left the adjustment out of the text, or they meant to halve the speed attribute like they did with the PE.
Or they just plain forgot.

An optional option, you could just use the RT:SC to make a Zentradie char stats (physical) for the zent's micronized form.
While in RT, there is not an obvious president for the stats of the full sized and microinzed stats, There is in Macross Frontier. Lt Klan Klan of the S.M.S. (Strategic Military Services), military service contractors that are one of the central parts to the MF story. While the example is an extreme case, from `busty while` `full sized` to ` flat & short` `lolita micronized`.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

My suggestion is to use the stats as rolled for micronized, and then add modifiers for being full sized. Perhaps multiplied by 5 or 10 when full sized for speed (I suggest 5), use augmented strength when full size. But there is no in show reason to have less manual dexterity in full size than in micronzed size. Perhaps their hands may not fit in as tight a place, but that's a matter of size, not manual dexerity.

Of course they also eat far more in Full size as well. :D
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

er, Drew? All of those links you posted come up as 403 Forbidden. :)

Was surfing the thread to see if I could find out anything on 'augmented' strength figures below the "above normal" ones. Zents with PS halved are sometimes below 15 for PS, for the girls, but it's supposed to be augmented. Just that I never found augmented rules for figures below 15. Or is it in the book, and I'm just blind?
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

AuroraKet wrote:er, Drew? All of those links you posted come up as 403 Forbidden. :)

To get around that click on the link and put your cursor at the end of the URL. Then hit enter on your keyboard that should get you around the hotlink block.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Er, thanks Shawn. That indeed fixes it :)

Any idea about the other thing, though? I'm working on a char now, and she has PS14 when micronized. But I just don't know how to figure that for stuff when it's augmented and below 16. :/
Currently Playing:

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Synther wrote:
AuroraKet wrote:Er, thanks Shawn. That indeed fixes it :)

Any idea about the other thing, though? I'm working on a char now, and she has PS14 when micronized. But I just don't know how to figure that for stuff when it's augmented and below 16. :/

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I thought that full sized Zentraedi had augmented strength. This was why you halve the value when you micronize them. I think the "Augmented Strength" only applies to full size Zentraedi (both Male and Female). You then take the value and halve it for micronized Zentraedi. This puts their strength in the normal human ranges.

If not, then maybe this also explains the Spd that I've been complaining about. Maybe they're little genetic bionic people!

Nope. "Reduced by half, but that PS is considered Augmented instead of normal human strength."

Direct from the book. That means that the halved figure is considered augmented.
Currently Playing:

AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

But if it's acknowledged as right, there's still the same problem. Unless I nab body building at a new level (not really appropriate for a skinny girl), I still don't know how to figure how it's any different. If she's supposed to be a stronger little stick figure, well, I want her to be such. :p
Currently Playing:

green.nova343
Adventurer

Unread post by green.nova343 »

Basically, they can lift more than comparable humans, but that's about it.

I always treat augmented P.S. as being the equivalent of the HU2 Extraordinary P.S. power in carrying/lifting capacity (i.e. carry 100lbs/45kg per P.S. point, lift twice that), in the same manner that HU2 Mega-Heroes have the equivalent of the Supernatural P.S. power -- i.e. they use the lifting/carrying rules, but you don't add any additional bonus dice to the attribute itself. Alternately, you can just say they're 5 times as strong as normal humans. This allows for some variation (i.e. just use the normal P.S. rules x5).

Now, if you really want to have them be more dangerous, I could see maybe doubling the S.D.C. punch damage for augmented P.S. (although you don't get to double the S.D.C. bonus from a high P.S.), but M.D. punches are limited to the rules as stated in the book.

As far as SPD & PP go... the book doesn't say to reduce them, so you don't reduce them. However, I could see increasing SPD when full-sized (possibly using the old x10 rule), because the stride of a full-size Zent is much longer than when Micronized.
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Synther wrote:start getting to do actual mega-damage until 24 or higher.

Which is the thing. There's a logical buildup to that, it doesn't and shouldn't come out of nowhere. The buildup starts *below* 16 as well, as is implied by still calling it augmented at those levels in the first place.
Currently Playing:

Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Synther wrote:
Dairugger XV wrote:Actually, I'm beginning to think that only the static portion of the Zent RCC should be halved, for PS, PE, and possibly Spd, at any rate. Otherwise you're hard-pressed to get any of those stats above a 15, at which point having a vanilla human is better if you're wanting to play a brick-type character.

Of course that is a problem with PB's way of handling attributes, but that's a discussion for elsewhere...

Actually, in creating a male Zentraedi Elite Warrior I had no problem getting several of the stats above 15. The Spd attribute ended up at 31 when the character was finished. Which is what brought up my questions to begin with (micronized he's far too fast and full sized he seems oafishly slow).

As others have stated, I agree that this makes the FULL SIZE Zent very slow. However, a SPD of 31 for a micronized Zentreadi dosn't sound that bad. Spd attribute isn't even comparable to the other attributes.
MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

Synther wrote:
As others have stated, I agree that this makes the FULL SIZE Zent very slow. However, a SPD of 31 for a micronized Zentreadi dosn't sound that bad. Spd attribute isn't even comparable to the other attributes.

Well, with a Spd of 31 he can almost get a ticket for going to fast in a school zone. That's a little much.

Well lets put this in perspective, he can clear said school zone in a stride or two
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Synther wrote:
MikelAmroni wrote:
Synther wrote:

Well, with a Spd of 31 he can almost get a ticket for going to fast in a school zone. That's a little much.

Well lets put this in perspective, he can clear said school zone in a stride or two

Maybe the other troops call him "Flash." Hopefully not the female troops....

Or "Streak", for those familiar with Ray Stevens songs ;)

More seriously though, it does make for pretty fast Zentraedi. :)
Currently Playing:

Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

Izzard Lizard wrote:I'd have to find where it was, but I recall that it was said that Zentradi are used to a gravity much higher than that of Earth's, so they had a much easier time getting around.

So if they trained/raised/cloned/etc. in that higher gravity the higher speed makes sense to me. Light gravity = wheeeee!

Was it in the Sentinels Novels? I remember reading something about the Gravity thing when the REF resized them so the could mine Fantom of the mineral.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

According to the novels the Zentraedi were originally engineered for mining work and then 'reprogrammed' to be warriors with a false history and everything....at that point only Breetai and Exedore were still around from those days.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

Chris0013 wrote:According to the novels the Zentraedi were originally engineered for mining work and then 'reprogrammed' to be warriors with a false history and everything....at that point only Breetai and Exedore were still around from those days.

That its, And Breeti went down memory lane as he walk through his dorm/house remembering things from his past. It also had help with the Masters Empire dating. Since the RPGs had given them ages. And the Novels said Exedore was the Frist Zentraedi. (and they did not dispose of the failed experment before continuing on.) Maybe one day I will reread these, even though they are no longer part of the offical cannon.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”