Board index » MDC Worlds » Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:21 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 42293
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Kargan3033 wrote:
taalismn wrote:
"This is either a case of too much rum or not enough rum."


Let's just say it was a case of the latter over the former. :twisted:


Better that than snorting reactor coolant.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:57 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1365
taalismn wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:
taalismn wrote:
"This is either a case of too much rum or not enough rum."


Let's just say it was a case of the latter over the former. :twisted:


Better that than snorting reactor coolant.


Barbra " Little Miss Sunshine " Grell a half human, half zent hybrid of questionable origin joined the UEDF navy at a very young age and was *assigned* to the Typhon after it was discovered she has an addiction to snorting radioactive reactor coolant which caused a number of the UEDF's ships to be *lost* at sea. :twisted:

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:32 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 42293
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
That's not sunshine, that's Cherenkov Radiation.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:02 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4748
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
That's not sunshine, that's Cherenkov Radiation.


On the plus side, they haven't had to change any of the light bulbs since the Typhon's launch.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:32 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 42293
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:
That's not sunshine, that's Cherenkov Radiation.


On the plus side, they haven't had to change any of the light bulbs since the Typhon's launch.


But the geiger counters' clicking all the time keeps people awake.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:06 am
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4748
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:
That's not sunshine, that's Cherenkov Radiation.


On the plus side, they haven't had to change any of the light bulbs since the Typhon's launch.


But the geiger counters' clicking all the time keeps people awake.


Kirk: "Now Morgan, if you had an engineer as talented as Welshie, he'd have fixed the problem by simply taking the batteries out of the Geiger counters, and replacing them with these old lithium batts we got free from Samsung." :wink:


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:09 am
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:09 am
Posts: 4593
Crewman #1: "You mean...we're glowing in the dark?"
Crewman #2: "Perfectly normal, if you ask me."

_________________
They can't see me...Right!?


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:13 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 42293
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Arnie100 wrote:
Crewman #1: "You mean...we're glowing in the dark?"
Crewman #2: "Perfectly normal, if you ask me."


"It's the bioluminescence of the deep."
"That's supposed to be BIOluminescence, not NUCLEAR luminescence!"

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:16 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1365
taalismn wrote:
Arnie100 wrote:
Crewman #1: "You mean...we're glowing in the dark?"
Crewman #2: "Perfectly normal, if you ask me."


"It's the bioluminescence of the deep."
"That's supposed to be BIOluminescence, not NUCLEAR luminescence!"



Well considering that the crew got such a *glowing* review it's no wonder why they were sent out into the middle of butt-f*** nowhere.

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:48 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 42293
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Kargan3033 wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Arnie100 wrote:
Crewman #1: "You mean...we're glowing in the dark?"
Crewman #2: "Perfectly normal, if you ask me."


"It's the bioluminescence of the deep."
"That's supposed to be BIOluminescence, not NUCLEAR luminescence!"



Well considering that the crew got such a *glowing* review it's no wonder why they were sent out into the middle of butt-f*** nowhere.


Like how supposedly the Soviet Navy was dumping decommissioned nuke sub reactors off their northern coastline, rather than try to ship them to some inland disposal area.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:26 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4748
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Arnie100 wrote:
Crewman #1: "You mean...we're glowing in the dark?"
Crewman #2: "Perfectly normal, if you ask me."


"It's the bioluminescence of the deep."
"That's supposed to be BIOluminescence, not NUCLEAR luminescence!"



Well considering that the crew got such a *glowing* review it's no wonder why they were sent out into the middle of butt-f*** nowhere.


Like how supposedly the Soviet Navy was dumping decommissioned nuke sub reactors off their northern coastline, rather than try to ship them to some inland disposal area.


In case you're wondering who to thank when the mutant squid attacks.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:07 am
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1365
SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Arnie100 wrote:
Crewman #1: "You mean...we're glowing in the dark?"
Crewman #2: "Perfectly normal, if you ask me."


"It's the bioluminescence of the deep."
"That's supposed to be BIOluminescence, not NUCLEAR luminescence!"



Well considering that the crew got such a *glowing* review it's no wonder why they were sent out into the middle of butt-f*** nowhere.


Like how supposedly the Soviet Navy was dumping decommissioned nuke sub reactors off their northern coastline, rather than try to ship them to some inland disposal area.


In case you're wondering who to thank when the mutant squid attacks.



Mmm plutonium flavored cavar :-D

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:02 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 42293
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Glowing pearls of salty goodness....the taste that stays with you for a good long time.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:09 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1365
taalismn wrote:
Glowing pearls of salty goodness....the taste that stays with you for a good long time.


Well that's one way of putting some *pep* in your step.

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:33 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 42293
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
More like lead plating on your casket.
Google 'Radiothor' about the poor guy who became addicted to drinking radium-laced water for 'health'....but don't eat beforehand. :frazz:

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:54 pm
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:09 am
Posts: 4593
Crewman #1: "Why is there a huge mutated tyrannosaurus-looking thing following us?"
Crewman #2: "It's not because us glowing in the dark makes us look like food?"

_________________
They can't see me...Right!?


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:28 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 42293
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Arnie100 wrote:
Crewman #1: "Why is there a huge mutated tyrannosaurus-looking thing following us?"
Crewman #2: "It's not because us glowing in the dark makes us look like food?"


"Deploy the oxygen destroyer!"
"'fraid we're OUT of the seafood chili leftovers. We used them on the mutant seaweed, remember?"
"Dang!"

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:27 am
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:09 am
Posts: 4593
Crewman #1: "We're boned."
Crewman #2: "Yup."

_________________
They can't see me...Right!?


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:28 am
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4748
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
Kaiju takes a bite of Typhon... immediately spits it sub-orbital.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:04 pm
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:09 am
Posts: 4593
While being spit into orbit...

Crewman #1: "WWWEEEEE'RRRREEEE BBBOOOOONNNNEEEDDD!"
Crewman #2: "I HATE YOOOOOUUUUU!"

_________________
They can't see me...Right!?


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:09 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 42293
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
Kaiju takes a bite of Typhon... immediately spits it sub-orbital.


"Again?!"
"Rig dive planes for re-entry. Spool out the towed drogue parachute-anchor."

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:44 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4748
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
Morgan: "Damn it! With ROBOTECH gone we're going to need to come up with a way to be relevant!!"

"You don't mean Fan Service, do you sir?"

Morgan: "Better! I mean aquatic power armor girls!!!"


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:14 am
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 42293
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
Morgan: "Damn it! With ROBOTECH gone we're going to need to come up with a way to be relevant!!"

"You don't mean Fan Service, do you sir?"

Morgan: "Better! I mean aquatic power armor girls!!!"



Armored accessory exoframes...Rifts Earth could probably pull it off, maybe even with magical concealment.

The 37th? Not so much. They may have to end up selling pirated bootleg Robotech RPG Tactics figurines....

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:16 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4748
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
"Good news guys! After the latest peace talks, Moran has given the 37th to the North Korean Navy!" :D


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:20 am
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 42293
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
"Good news guys! After the latest peace talks, Moran has given the 37th to the North Korean Navy!" :D



"Okay, we're OFFICIALLY going pirate now."

Actually, I believe the Typhus(ah, the Rapine Stor-nevermind) actually DID once end up in the hands of one of the Korean nations (or maybe they merged after the Rain of Death) before it was sent on to the 37th.

If they get it back, then the Koreans are still going to be trying to figure out what the 37th did to the sub,(with accompanying great loss of life/limbto the inspection teams) before the 37th steals it back from them(cue shot of North Korean shipyard officers screaming at their superiors that the ship is haunted and they won't go aboard it any more while in the background figures are emerging from the waters and sneaking aboard).

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:24 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4748
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
Random Ghost: "What, we have to set to sea with THEM!?!" :shock:


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:35 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 42293
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
"Petra, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to remove the poison spines from the lionfish BEFORE you cook them, and especially BEFORE you SERVE them."
"Then it wouldn't be lionfish SURPRISE, would it?"
"...I sometimes wonder who's side you're really on, sergeant."

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:25 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4748
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
"Bad news guys. The Chief traded our Salt Water Condenser for porn... We'll be using salt water for washing and laundry until we can steal a new one."

"Does the Captain know."

Morgan: (On the bidet) :eek: "YEEEEE!!" :frazz:

"He does now..."


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:49 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 42293
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
"...in the future, as clean as it makes the pipes, DON'T clean the internal plumbing with live steam from the reactor heat exchangers. okay?"

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:24 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 42293
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Fun site for 37th hardware(or Robotech navies in general):
http://www.hisutton.com/

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:16 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 42293
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
"Captain Morgan? Are you SURE that hiding the Typhus in this river's such a good idea?"
"Oh come on, it's an old pirate and smugglers' trick, hiding in rivers when your enemy is expecting you to be in the open ocean! What can go wrong with this reasoning?"
"Well...what if somebody looking for some other pirate or smuggler comes looking here and finds US instead?"
"Don't be ridiculous! What are the chances of us hiding in the exact same spot as the prey of some other nut with a grudge?!"

(Overhead)"Eh-heh-heh, you damn blighter! I got you NOW!"http://www.cageyfilms.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/murphys_war.jpg

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:45 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4748
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
"Captain Morgan? Are you SURE that hiding the Typhus in this river's such a good idea?"
"Oh come on, it's an old pirate and smugglers' trick, hiding in rivers when your enemy is expecting you to be in the open ocean! What can go wrong with this reasoning?"
"Well...what if somebody looking for some other pirate or smuggler comes looking here and finds US instead?"
"Don't be ridiculous! What are the chances of us hiding in the exact same spot as the prey of some other nut with a grudge?!"

(Overhead)"Eh-heh-heh, you damn blighter! I got you NOW!"http://www.cageyfilms.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/murphys_war.jpg


"Sir, about that nuclear torpedo we lost earlier..."


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group