D-Bees of North America - Questions/Comments..

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GT
Explorer

Re: D-Bees of North America - Questions/Comments..

Unread post by GT »

How come there are no Lost Ones?
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

GT wrote:How come there are no Lost Ones?

The Lost Ones aren't D-Bees, they are Supernatural (And I think they have been on Earth all along). The start of the book goes into detail about only including D-Bees and that the Demon Dragonmage skirts the line of Supernatural pretty thoroughly.
Something like that at least.
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Tor wrote:If a D-Bee in this book says they can become a Cyber-Knight but the max their species can roll for ME is under 11, are there ways besides first being a Sea Inquisitor or a mutant with Extraordinary ME (Heroes Unlimited) to raise their ME to the required amount to fulfill that attribute requirement?

Just don't worry about it. :ok:
OR, even better, let them be a CK with limitations on their psi-sword and psionic abilities. :ok: :ok:
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
SolCannibal
Champion

Re:

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Retired Juicer wrote:And am particularly thankful for the background clarifications done on the Altara Blind Warrior Women, and Mind Bleeders (the confirmation that Mind Bleeders are mutant humans and NOT D-bees is appreciated, even if I secretly wanted them to be D-bees).

They could be seen as either or both if a mutant human strain originally from an alternate Earth... :D

Just sayin' :wink:
Last edited by SolCannibal on Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Cortex wrote:Excellent book. Definetly one of my favourite Rifts books

I have some questions:

First about how much a Malvoren can mix and match his meldings:

1) If a Malvoren used "Meld with War machine" to meld himself into a robot vehicle, can he use "Meld with Weapons" on each of the individual weapons of that robot to "fire link" them ?

2) If a Malvoren gave himself 2 extra cyborg arms (so he now has 4 arms), if he was holding a hand gun in each hand could he use "Meld with Weapons" on each of the guns to be able to "fire link" then to shoot all 4 guns as a single melee action?

3) I also have a question about the Yhabbayar bubble maker:
It sais one magic bubble can be blown per melee action. Does this apply to very high level spells that would normally take a human 3 melee actions to cast ?

4) In order to blow bubbles, a Yhabbayar has to sit cross legged, close his eyes, enter a trance, levitate 1-3 feet etc. Does this take time or is it assumed to be done in the first action of combat along with him blowing his first bubble ?
For example if the party suddenly meets some enemies and initiative is rolled. Can the Yhabbayar blow his first bubble on his first melee action ?

1) I would say no.
2) I would say yes.
3) Yes
4) Action one - enter trance. Action two - levitate, Action three - blow first bubble. Your GM May allow you to combine actions one and two

1) Wouldn't he use the "meld with weapon systems " ability instead anyway, if melded with a war machine?
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Svartalf
Champion

Jason Richards wrote:
Jabborwacky wrote:My opinion is that if he were to rewrite this book or create another similar book that he divide the d-bees into those that are suggested as player races and those that are suggested for use as enemies.

I couldn't disagree with this more. There are not "good guy" races and "bad guy" races, either in real life, or in any legitimate world of fantasy. If you cut the world into white hats and black hats, you're robbing yourself of 50% of the awesome gaming opportunities that are out there.

Still, the Lanotaur is pretty unsuitable for a PC, unless you're actually doing a demigod campaign...
SolCannibal
Champion

Svartalf wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:
Jabborwacky wrote:My opinion is that if he were to rewrite this book or create another similar book that he divide the d-bees into those that are suggested as player races and those that are suggested for use as enemies.

I couldn't disagree with this more. There are not "good guy" races and "bad guy" races, either in real life, or in any legitimate world of fantasy. If you cut the world into white hats and black hats, you're robbing yourself of 50% of the awesome gaming opportunities that are out there.

Still, the Lanotaur is pretty unsuitable for a PC, unless you're actually doing a demigod campaign...

Now that is a matter of scale/balance and a whole different animal, though ways around it are far from impossible.
Richardson
Wanderer

Unread post by Richardson »

Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere already, but my search-fu is apparently quite weak on this forum. I am making a Simvan and they appear in several books, but the D-bees of NA seems to be the most recent and therefore takes precedence. However while the Simvan in Europe start with 4 languages and secondary skills the newly printed ones start with zero of each??? Can someone point me to a section in whatever book listing what language(s) RCCs get when none are listed?
SolCannibal
Champion

Richardson wrote:Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere already, but my search-fu is apparently quite weak on this forum. I am making a Simvan and they appear in several books, but the D-bees of NA seems to be the most recent and therefore takes precedence. However while the Simvan in Europe start with 4 languages and secondary skills the newly printed ones start with zero of each??? Can someone point me to a section in whatever book listing what language(s) RCCs get when none are listed?

RUE maybe?
SolCannibal
Champion

In a different subject but still related to the topic, has someone tinkered with those random monster or alien race generating tables in RMB or Phaseworld?
Having some expanded tool for creature brewing could be fun.
MrDisturbed
D-Bee

Unread post by MrDisturbed »

Larmac.. With that giant maw of theirs... What kind of biting abilities do they have? Would their bites deal MD? But other than that they are my favorite "tough guy" d-bee. I also enjoyed the slurmph.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

MrDisturbed wrote:Larmac.. With that giant maw of theirs... What kind of biting abilities do they have? Would their bites deal MD? But other than that they are my favorite "tough guy" d-bee. I also enjoyed the slurmph.

Hmm, apparently their giant maws are not designed for anything other than drinking psi-cola. Grackle Tooth's dont have a bite damage listed either, although they certainly look like they should. Likely just overlooked, but as currently written, their physiology does not account for biting mega damage things. Perhaps both species had to naturally prepare foods for their jaws to be able to consume food and that food naturally was not MD in nature.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
MrDisturbed
D-Bee

Unread post by MrDisturbed »

I think I'm going to have to adjust that in my copy :p I have an obsession with biting things..and people.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

So Are the Races from Splynn Dimensional market in it?
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

gaby wrote:So Are the Races from Splynn Dimensional market in it?

No. But it does reference Atlantis and Splynn D-Market as additional races which might be in North America.
Updated Aug 2015
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
SolCannibal
Champion

Kagashi wrote:
gaby wrote:So Are the Races from Splynn Dimensional market in it?

No. But it does reference Atlantis and Splynn D-Market as additional races which might be in North America.

Or anywhere in the two sides of the Atlantic, when one stops to think of it. :)
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
MurderCityDisciple wrote:I want more variety, I want blobs, I want tentacled nightmares, spideroids or floating bloated gas bags. I guess I will/need to make up a few of my own.

The Rifts slang term D-Bee refers specifically to humanoid aliens from the Rifts - that's why the book was primarily humanoid races.

~ Josh

? I thought (according to the book[s]), D-Bee (or DB) was Dimensional Being, which was any being from another dimension? (i.e.: Sentient Being, regardless of body morphology, from another dimension.)
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Svartalf
Champion

DBees of NA includes enough creatures that are only remotely humanoid (spider creatures, plant creatures, reptilians, energy beings...) that the definition of DBee as humanoid does not really hold.
SolCannibal
Champion

Svartalf wrote:DBees of NA includes enough creatures that are only remotely humanoid (spider creatures, plant creatures, reptilians, energy beings...) that the definition of DBee as humanoid does not really hold.

Well, "humanoid" as a term has more to do with body plan than actual lifeform classes or orders - so the definition is vague/arbitrary enough to hold a lot of different beings, like most of the groups just mentioned.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

A probably good distinction is between something that's literally a(n other) Dimensional Being, and something native to Rifts Earth's dimension which would be called a D-Bee by someone who assumes they came from elsewhere.

I expect that a Coalition Dead Boy would be more likely to call a Sea Titan a D-Bee than they would call a Wormwood Human one. Sure, both are MDC, but the Wormwood guy is otherwise normal while the Sea Titan is all super-regen and super-strong and stuff. Yet the Sea Titans are native to Earth and the Wormwood Humans were born there.

Of course... it's kinda fuzzy because even if your elf parents are from PF you might be born on Earth, so it's more like 'your species is native to another dimension'.

In which case... do we even know if humans are native to Rifts Earth? What if humans were made on Palladium World and ported to the various Earths by Thoth?

Is 'humans evolved on earth' even canon in any of the games?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
SolCannibal
Champion

Tor wrote:A probably good distinction is between something that's literally a(n other) Dimensional Being, and something native to Rifts Earth's dimension which would be called a D-Bee by someone who assumes they came from elsewhere.

I expect that a Coalition Dead Boy would be more likely to call a Sea Titan a D-Bee than they would call a Wormwood Human one. Sure, both are MDC, but the Wormwood guy is otherwise normal while the Sea Titan is all super-regen and super-strong and stuff. Yet the Sea Titans are native to Earth and the Wormwood Humans were born there.

Of course... it's kinda fuzzy because even if your elf parents are from PF you might be born on Earth, so it's more like 'your species is native to another dimension'.

In which case... do we even know if humans are native to Rifts Earth? What if humans were made on Palladium World and ported to the various Earths by Thoth?

Is 'humans evolved on earth' even canon in any of the games?

Great questions these, specially the last one - the main factor in favor of humans being native to Earth in the Megaverse seems to be the signs of several primitive stages of development combined with the lack of evidence of occupation by some ancient transdimensional power from elsewhere. Atlantis comes closest to being that, but is apparently native and based on fluff uninterested in most of the planet outside the continent, making the idea of Atlantis being a transdimensional power that colonized the continent and them seeded humanity in the rest of the planet unlikely.

At least as far as canon sources go, earth, in its many parallel iterations, seems to be the source homeworld of humans and ogres (that are implied to be neanderthals, cro-magnons or some other late hominid i can't remember right now).
h.s.Panda
D-Bee

Unread post by h.s.Panda »

not seem if it's entirely the right spot but I have a question, in the various conversion books and d-bees of N/A it mentions how some beings have different stat rolls/bonuses then humans.
given that if humans roll a 16,17,or 18 they roll another d6, and if they get a 6 they roll yet another d6. how does this apple to slightly less humanoid beings. like for example, the wearbear, it has an IQ of 2d6+2, what happens if it gets a 12, 13, or 14? does it reroll another d6?
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

h.s.Panda wrote:not seem if it's entirely the right spot but I have a question, in the various conversion books and d-bees of N/A it mentions how some beings have different stat rolls/bonuses then humans.
given that if humans roll a 16,17,or 18 they roll another d6, and if they get a 6 they roll yet another d6. how does this apple to slightly less humanoid beings. like for example, the wearbear, it has an IQ of 2d6+2, what happens if it gets a 12, 13, or 14? does it reroll another d6?

Only humans receive the exceptional roll. Its their racial "perk". Cant remember where I read that, but it seemed official.

Personally, I dont like exceptional rolls anyway. Having a 16, 17, or 18 should be perk enough seeing anything 15 or lower doesnt provide any bonuses what so ever. Then with the extra die roll, having a natural 16 is impossible, which isnt realistic. If you eliminate exceptional rolls all together, your brain does not hurt when you roll a 24 for that Ogres strength.
Updated Aug 2015
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Kagashi wrote:Only humans receive the exceptional roll. Its their racial "perk". Cant remember where I read that, but it seemed official.

? I've never seen that in any of the books that I can remember.
That being said, exceptional rolls, from what I remember, are for 1D6, 2D6, and 3D6 rolls only (6/11-12/16-18).
It is vague for dice with bonuses, since I've seen some books claiming no, and some not weighing in at all.

Kagashi wrote:Personally, I dont like exceptional rolls anyway. Having a 16, 17, or 18 should be perk enough seeing anything 15 or lower doesnt provide any bonuses what so ever. Then with the extra die roll, having a natural 16 is impossible, which isnt realistic. If you eliminate exceptional rolls all together, your brain does not hurt when you roll a 24 for that Ogres strength.

I use 'em, because there is always the chance of being a sport. Some people are scary smart/strong/etc. :)
Fnord

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Borast wrote:
Kagashi wrote:Personally, I dont like exceptional rolls anyway. Having a 16, 17, or 18 should be perk enough seeing anything 15 or lower doesnt provide any bonuses what so ever. Then with the extra die roll, having a natural 16 is impossible, which isnt realistic. If you eliminate exceptional rolls all together, your brain does not hurt when you roll a 24 for that Ogres strength.

I use 'em, because there is always the chance of being a sport. Some people are scary smart/strong/etc. :)

That's what skills are for IMHO. Want to be stronger? Take Weight Lifting.

This means you would have to use Rifter Mental Skills too, so your mental attributes can get boosts.
Updated Aug 2015
SolCannibal
Champion

Kagashi wrote:
Borast wrote:

How does that apply or not to creatures with supernatural STR & etc?
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

SolCannibal wrote:
Kagashi wrote:
Borast wrote:

How does that apply or not to creatures with supernatural STR & etc?

Their Strength attribute goes up +2, just like a human would.
Updated Aug 2015
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Kagashi wrote:
Borast wrote:

This means you would have to use Rifter Mental Skills too, so your mental attributes can get boosts.

That doesn't account for people whom are naturally freakishly strong, smart, beautiful, fast, etc. In other words, they lucked out in the genetic lottery. Used to know a kid in Jr. High and High School. Pipecleaner build. He could bench his own weight, and never bulked-up.

Rifter whats?
Fnord

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

What are the Rifts books did they take the old D-Bees from?
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

gaby wrote:What are the Rifts books did they take the old D-Bees from?

Every book touching North America up to the point of WB:30 development.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
SolCannibal
Champion

Personally i'm tempted to get those critter creation rules from RMB and Phaseworld and trying to tinker something like an expanded version or such. Though truth be told the already existing tables can be plenty useful.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

What races in the New D-Bees you think are lame?
SolCannibal
Champion

gaby wrote:What races in the New D-Bees you think are lame?

Honestly, i have not much of an opinion on them either way, serious and silly can each have their place depending on game style and being something of a homebrewing bastard, will make campaign-specific races just as frequently, if not more so, as i use those in the book.
MDC
Newb

Unread post by MDC »

gaby wrote:What races in the New D-Bees you think are lame?

No such thing, really. One's man meat is another man's poison. I like Jaxxon from the old Marvel Star Wars comic, Beta Ray Bill, and "Spock's Brain," and have been called lots of things for saying it out loud. It's all subjective, and a good GM has the ability to make most anything interesting.
My kingdom for an active Lemuria play-by-post!
Uber_Geek
D-Bee

Unread post by Uber_Geek »

Love this book, but I have a couple of questions. In the RCC skills section of the Sasquatch, it says "Land Navigation (24%)". Shouldn't there be a plus sign in there since the rest of the skills have them?

Second, and this may have been covered elsewhere, a number of races can take OOCs from the Spirit West WB. Now, in that book, it says that characters who are not devoted Traditionalists or Pure Ones do not receive any fetishes, but a number of the OOC have fetishes as part of their abilities. So are they allowed them or not?
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Borast wrote:
That doesn't account for people whom are naturally freakishly strong, smart, beautiful, fast, etc. In other words, they lucked out in the genetic lottery. Used to know a kid in Jr. High and High School. Pipecleaner build. He could bench his own weight, and never bulked-up.

For how many reps though? A lot of powerlifters can remain lithe by lifting heavy but keeping to short sets under 5 reps, I usually read more reps like 10ish causes greater hypertrophy by targeting sarcoplasm instead of myofibril.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Uber_Geek wrote:Love this book, but I have a couple of questions. In the RCC skills section of the Sasquatch, it says "Land Navigation (24%)". Shouldn't there be a plus sign in there since the rest of the skills have them?

Second, and this may have been covered elsewhere, a number of races can take OOCs from the Spirit West WB. Now, in that book, it says that characters who are not devoted Traditionalists or Pure Ones do not receive any fetishes, but a number of the OOC have fetishes as part of their abilities. So are they allowed them or not?

I would assume that anyone that starts with Fetishes can use them as long as they follow the same guidelines that are expected of a Traditionalist (i.e. no or minimal tech etc.) as it makes no sense for someone to start with something that they can't actually use.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
PloarBearMan
Newb

Unread post by PloarBearMan »

I know I'm late to the discussion... and I'm okay with that.

I was just reading through D-Bees, and I came upon something that left me scratching my head - namely, the listed speed for the Drizzit.

Am I the only one who caught the "6D6*10+36 running upright, double when hopping?" That would mean a Speed stat somewhere between 96 and 396 while running... and up to 792 when hopping. According to the old-school handbook, a character's Speed "times 20 is the number of yards or meters that the
character can run in one minute."

That means that a Drizzit can run at 7,920 meters a minute... or 4.92 miles... or 295.2 miles per hour (or 590.4 mph while jumping).

Thoughts?
SirSpamHammer
Explorer

Unread post by SirSpamHammer »

Not sure if I should ask this here, but I Googled for special weapons used by the Lyn-Srial race and I found my self here. They don't appear to have any of their own weapons for such a exotic race. It's just that I have created a Lyn-Srial Sky Knight and I need to pick a Energy weapon and a ancient weapon to be skilled in. I already got W.P. Blunt and and W.P. Archery.

The New West Book don't really have any selection I'm looking for .

Any suggestions, what books, what pages to look through....
Last edited by SirSpamHammer on Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SirSpamHammer
Explorer

Unread post by SirSpamHammer »

SirSpamHammer wrote:Not sure if I should ask this here, but I Googled for special weapons used by the Lyn-Srial race and I found my self here. They don't appear to have any of their own weapons for such a exotic race. It's just that I have created a Lyn-Srial Sky Knight and I need to pick a Energy weapon and a ancient weapon to be skilled in. I already got W.P. Blunt and and W.P. Archery.

The New West Book don't really have any selection I'm looking for .

Any suggestions, what books, what pages to look through....

I found something on pages 143-144 of the Merc Ops Book. It's called the DemonBane Halberd. I wonder if the game master will let me have one.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Axelmania wrote:
Borast wrote:

For how many reps though? A lot of powerlifters can remain lithe by lifting heavy but keeping to short sets under 5 reps, I usually read more reps like 10ish causes greater hypertrophy by targeting sarcoplasm instead of myofibril.

That's just it...he didn't lift. He was just freakishly strong.
Fnord

SolCannibal
Champion

Can anyone indicate a D-bee group in the book that might sort of fit under the "blob race" description?
Or any shapeshifters, full or limited (preferably the later)?
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Kagashi wrote:The only thing Id like to see retconned would be MDC dinos. Elephants, Hippos, and other large animals are not MDC...why should a non-magical, non-supernatural animal turn MDC? If there is a reason for their MDC transformation...put it in this book. Just give us a reason! Not really dinos? Really aliens? Really demons? Atlantian creations that are supernatural in nature? Something!

The best explanation would be a surplus of Temporal Energy from time-traveling this far into the future, as detailed in Trandimensional TMNT.

But I'd much rather just have SDC dinosaurs.

In my games, very few dinos have the high MDC.
Most are low MDC or SDC.
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
SolCannibal
Champion

Fenris2020 wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
Kagashi wrote:The only thing Id like to see retconned would be MDC dinos. Elephants, Hippos, and other large animals are not MDC...why should a non-magical, non-supernatural animal turn MDC? If there is a reason for their MDC transformation...put it in this book. Just give us a reason! Not really dinos? Really aliens? Really demons? Atlantian creations that are supernatural in nature? Something!

The best explanation would be a surplus of Temporal Energy from time-traveling this far into the future, as detailed in Trandimensional TMNT.

Most are low MDC or SDC.

Well, i guess it depends on one's definition of high MDC, but i don't remember any dinos being on the dragon hatchling tier or higher, quite the contrary in fact.
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

SolCannibal wrote:
Fenris2020 wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

Most are low MDC or SDC.

Well, i guess it depends on one's definition of high MDC, but i don't remember any dinos being on the dragon hatchling tier or higher, quite the contrary in fact.

The dinosaurs in New West and Dinosaur Swamp have a LOT of MDC.
A T-Rex has more than a Great Horned Dragon hatchling, certainly.
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

SolCannibal wrote:Can anyone indicate a D-bee group in the book that might sort of fit under the "blob race" description?

Amorph RCC (WB12/WB30)- likely the closest to what you are asking for
Auto-G-shape shifter, it needs DNA to work (WB30 and a few other places)
Ecto-man (WB30, Dirari RCC) might also work (they generate an ectoplasm body)
Phlebus (WB30, limited)
Shapers (WB30)
Dragons (via metamorphosis)
Octoman (WB21, or Giant Octopus/Squid in WB7 or find them in TMNT/HU/AtB mutant animal tables or work them out using both sets of sources, IIRC one of the Rifters has this), they aren't in WB30 but are pretty "blob-ish".
Faire Bot (WB30/WB20, in WB30 they are Technowizards who use a TW vehicle, so TW up the vehicle to be "blob-like")

Just a blob-ish (Slurmph in WB30 pg190), though maybe not like the above (more of an impression)

Rifter (#2 Primorder Dimensional Setting pg90-9), while not WB30 this also has some examples.
SolCannibal
Champion

ShadowLogan wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:Can anyone indicate a D-bee group in the book that might sort of fit under the "blob race" description?

Amorph RCC (WB12/WB30)- likely the closest to what you are asking for
Auto-G-shape shifter, it needs DNA to work (WB30 and a few other places)
Ecto-man (WB30, Dirari RCC) might also work (they generate an ectoplasm body)
Phlebus (WB30, limited)
Shapers (WB30)
Dragons (via metamorphosis)
Octoman (WB21, or Giant Octopus/Squid in WB7 or find them in TMNT/HU/AtB mutant animal tables or work them out using both sets of sources, IIRC one of the Rifters has this), they aren't in WB30 but are pretty "blob-ish".
Faire Bot (WB30/WB20, in WB30 they are Technowizards who use a TW vehicle, so TW up the vehicle to be "blob-like")

Just a blob-ish (Slurmph in WB30 pg190), though maybe not like the above (more of an impression)

Rifter (#2 Primorder Dimensional Setting pg90-9), while not WB30 this also has some examples.

The Amorph is the platonic ideal and then some physically, but are a little too supernatural for what i have in mind.
The Dirari "Ecto-Men", could definitely work too, their usual portrayal is nastier than what i'm doing, but that's a pretty minor quibble i'll admit. Specially considering the text itself seem to imply those in Rifts Earth tend to be the miscreants, rogues & criminals of their society.
The Phlebus are in a kind of curious extreme, in that while having a base form being too humanoid for my interests, their culture/psychology is spot-on for companions/spokesperson for my "Colossian" giants.

(On an unrelated note, reading the Pogtal really tempted me to just use them in place of my homebrewed Colossians for Phaseworld. Almost. Probably going to add Pogtals anyway somehow)

The Shapers are very much not what i have in mind, but on a curious aside, make me think of slightly smarter and friendly midget Boschala. I'm kind of tempted to make both races related - or Shapers the fruit of failed "Boschala upgrade" experiments of Modus, an alien intelligence from my own games.

Yeah, think i'm going to riff on the Ecto-Men, though the Three Galaxies being what it is, people don't react to their cousins, the Irarid "Aquarians", like the superstitious natives of Rifts Earth. Much to the chagrin of the occasional lone Irarid that ends up as some unscrupulous scientist/mystic test subject... :twisted:

Return to “Rifts®”