IF YOU found Yourself in RIFTS Earth...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jay05
Adventurer

Re: IF YOU found Yourself in RIFTS Earth...

Unread post by Jay05 »

If we're going with the assumption that we have player knowlege here, the only thing I'd worry about is getting the dozen or so people I care a great deal about around me to improve their chances. As for myself, I'd get partial bionic reconstruction to deal with a couple physical issues. Then with my knowlege, you basically have an instant Head Hunter, with wilderness skills to boot. I'd be just fine!
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Assuming that I'm being dumped into an area related to my current position, my life expectancy just went from 80 or so years to about twenty minutes...
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Sabre 1
Wanderer

Unread post by Sabre 1 »

Where YOU end up upon emerging from the Rift ??

Wimbledon, Greater London, England.

How Afraid would YOU be at First ?? After a Year ??

I would be REALLY afraid of all those Splurgorth minions walking about. After a year i would be kicking ass and realise how bland and unoriginal the rest of the country is. :cry:

Now that you have settled into the world of Rifts, and learn about the Local Area where YOU came through too.
What JOB would YOU try to seek to Learn ??

Knight

Would YOU seek to Upgrade YOUR Body through through Bionics/Cybernetics, Juicer Process, M.O.M. Implants, or some other weird process to become More than Human ????

Partial bionic or bio-borg reconstruction to sort out the side effects of my cancer surgery and to enhance my physical abilities.

Would YOU Join a Merc Group or Join a Military or other group to get your Upgrades or Training ??

Yes but only until my training was over. There is no way I would asscioate with the larger Knighthood.
Last edited by Sabre 1 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

I would guess in Pasco, WA

First I would soil myself. After a year would still be watching my back.

Now that you have settled into the world of Rifts, and learn about the Local Area where YOU came through too.

Rogue Scholar

Would YOU seek to Upgrade YOUR Body through through Bionics/Cybernetics, Juicer Process, M.O.M. Implants, or some other weird process to become More than Human ????

Yes, cybernetics to fix my health problems.

Would YOU Join a Merc Group or Join a Military or other group to get your Upgrades or Training ??

Would look for a civilized town for an education. Not sure after that.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

Where YOU end up upon emerging in Rifts Earth?

Corry, Pennsylvania (USA)

How afraid would you be at first? After a Year?

Scared out of my mind at first and still frighten a year later.

Now that you have settled into the world of Rifts, and learn about the Local Area where YOU came through too. What job would you try to seek to learn?

I would like to learn to use Power Armor and Energy Weapons until I could upgrade my body.

Would YOU seek to Upgrade YOUR Body through through Bionics/Cybernetics, Juicer Process, M.O.M. Implants, or some other weird process to become More than Human?

Magic Empowerment ( :twisted: HU2-Mega Hero Version :twisted: ) -or- :twisted: granted Godling status :twisted: -or- if all else fails, Cold Blooded Conversion.

Would YOU Join a Merc Group or Join a Military or other group to get your Upgrades or Training?

I would join a Merc group for a long time to get any of the above upgrades. But if given a chance, I would start my own Merc Company and must likely travel off world.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Re:

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Alejandro wrote:Actually...I just realized I'd probably commit suicide within a week or two.

Buffalo wings would be gone!! The delicious flavor of Buffalo sauce...GONE!!!! No point in living.

Reinvent Buffalo Sauce and become a Millionaire !!!
Reinvent Buffalo Wings and Start a Busness selling them. Juggs Buffalo-Wings. :lol:
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Re:

Unread post by Kovoston »

[quote="TechnoGothic"]Lets see IF i arrived near where i am now...FLORIDA...i'd be in a swamp. Which is cool, i like swamps.

I do like the new naighbors though. Dinos and Slavers ;)

Would i be scaried ??
Lets see, i was Just sucked through a RIFT...yeah i'd be scaried. It might take me a good while to figure out Where the Heck i am though, and not just in the Past or an Alien planet.

After a Year ??
Depends if i actually meet up with anyone or not i guess and did not get eaten or enslaved :D

Yeah, and here I am in SOUTH FLORIDA, I'm under water. And unless I quickly mutate I'm dead.
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Missed a question from the OP: Yes I would join a merc company to attain/pay for my enhancements. Also, most of the people I'd bring with me have useful skills for such a group.
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Rhino-Buffalo Wings!
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
TechnoGothic
Knight

dragonfett wrote:Rhino-Buffalo Wings!

HORNY WINGS !!!
Theme Song for the commersals : Me So Horny !

Me So Horny
Me So Horny
Me So Horny
Me Love you Long Time.

What can I get for $5 bucks ?
For $5 Bucks you can get Anything.
Anything ?
Anything.

Me So Horny
Me So Horny
Me So Horny
Me Love you Long Time.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
dragonfett
Knight

LOL! What creature would they be made from?
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
TechnoGothic
Knight

dragonfett wrote:LOL! What creature would they be made from?

Rhino-Buffalo of course.

Horny ... Rhino Horn get it :lol: :eek: :lol:
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

ok, assuming I simply experienced temporal displacement, I would be 60 miles north north east of Amarillo, so I would make the 3 day or so hike down there, stopping off at Lake Merideth to pick up water supplies, meanwhile scrounging whatever I can use for weapons/survival gear along the way.

Upon being Rifted, I would probably FREAK THE HELL OUT, mostly because I don't know what wants to eat me, if anything. However, the area doesn't have a lot of stuff besides bandits, CS patrols, and wilderness scouts, and maybe a couple TAG people. Maybe a random vampire who wandered north of the border. Of course I still have to watch for bobcats, maybe a wolf, certainly coyotes and rattlesnakes. That's the usual around here. If I didn't find anything to eat by the time I got to Amarillo, I'd probably be pretty hungry, but water isn't so hard to find, if you know how to survive in the area.

I know that I would Awaken in a few days, and would be on the order of a Mind Melter, so I wouldn't want to stick in Amarillo for long. I'd work my way toward Ohio and Psyscape, either that or head to Lazlo.

After a year or so, I'd be a lot better off, and with my knowledge of Rifts Earth, I think I could do rather well, since most of my skills I have would translate over. I would probably have corrective surgery done on my vision, and get a dose of molecular medicine to correct my metabolism and probably fix my asthma. I'd get my dodgy left knee completely fixed.

Would I join a Merc team? Probably. I have some combat training, as well as tons of martial arts experience, combine that with being a Melter, and being very good at tactics and strategy and I've got a shot at a good career.

Its either that or become a mind-reader/fortune teller. Sorry, not going to happen. Perhaps though, I could begin psychic warfare against the Coalition, visiting the dreams of Emporer and Son Prosek, and the heads of the Coalition and begin twisting them to see things my way. It would be interesting, though they probably have plenty of operatives watching out for that.

If I did wind up in CS territory, I'd probably join Psi-Battalion.

*Shrug* any of it sounds interesting, fun, dangerous, and full of adrenaline. Just my cup o' tea. I'd miss the internet, of course. Their computers would give me fits at first, since they're way better than ours. I'd miss my friends back here, and I doubt I could find a good RPG group, but then again, I'd be -living- it!

Of course, I'd have to find an elf chick to hook up with. I'm a sucker for hot women with pointy ears. And of course, I'd have to find some good energy weapons to play with, just because I'm a huge Sci-Fi geek. I would probably have a nerdgasm that day.

Hmmm... So, I'd be frightened, empowered, then fascinated, and totally bonkers happy, though still scared about bein' eaten, though I might not mind if I were eaten by a Succubis... maybe. *shrug*

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

Tearstone wrote:ok, assuming I simply experienced temporal displacement, I would be 60 miles north north east of Amarillo, so I would make the 3 day or so hike down there, stopping off at Lake Merideth to pick up water supplies, meanwhile scrounging whatever I can use for weapons/survival gear along the way.

Upon being Rifted, I would probably FREAK THE HELL OUT, mostly because I don't know what wants to eat me, if anything. However, the area doesn't have a lot of stuff besides bandits, CS patrols, and wilderness scouts, and maybe a couple TAG people. Maybe a random vampire who wandered north of the border. Of course I still have to watch for bobcats, maybe a wolf, certainly coyotes and rattlesnakes. That's the usual around here. If I didn't find anything to eat by the time I got to Amarillo, I'd probably be pretty hungry, but water isn't so hard to find, if you know how to survive in the area.

I know that I would Awaken in a few days, and would be on the order of a Mind Melter, so I wouldn't want to stick in Amarillo for long. I'd work my way toward Ohio and Psyscape, either that or head to Lazlo.

After a year or so, I'd be a lot better off, and with my knowledge of Rifts Earth, I think I could do rather well, since most of my skills I have would translate over. I would probably have corrective surgery done on my vision, and get a dose of molecular medicine to correct my metabolism and probably fix my asthma. I'd get my dodgy left knee completely fixed.

Would I join a Merc team? Probably. I have some combat training, as well as tons of martial arts experience, combine that with being a Melter, and being very good at tactics and strategy and I've got a shot at a good career.

Its either that or become a mind-reader/fortune teller. Sorry, not going to happen. Perhaps though, I could begin psychic warfare against the Coalition, visiting the dreams of Emporer and Son Prosek, and the heads of the Coalition and begin twisting them to see things my way. It would be interesting, though they probably have plenty of operatives watching out for that.

If I did wind up in CS territory, I'd probably join Psi-Battalion.

*Shrug* any of it sounds interesting, fun, dangerous, and full of adrenaline. Just my cup o' tea. I'd miss the internet, of course. Their computers would give me fits at first, since they're way better than ours. I'd miss my friends back here, and I doubt I could find a good RPG group, but then again, I'd be -living- it!

Of course, I'd have to find an elf chick to hook up with. I'm a sucker for hot women with pointy ears. And of course, I'd have to find some good energy weapons to play with, just because I'm a huge Sci-Fi geek. I would probably have a nerdgasm that day.

Hmmm... So, I'd be frightened, empowered, then fascinated, and totally bonkers happy, though still scared about bein' eaten, though I might not mind if I were eaten by a Succubis... maybe. *shrug*

How do you know you will manifest Psionic/Psychic powers?
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Considering I live in New England, assuming corresponding Rift location....I'm dead...Splugorth Slaver, angry Shemarrian, random monster.....Yep, I have no illusions about my life expectancy..... :shock:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

If I was in Rifts I'd first head to Lazlo to find someone to train to be an Para-Trooper class with hand to hand commando, next head to Texas to learn sharpshooting, and lastly go Manoan to change my class to Monster Hunter. Now I'm a Monster Hunter with monster shaping tattoo, commando HtH granting auto-dodge and fast draw ability from gunslinger training that other supernatural creatures are not normally allow to learn. If I have the time I'll track down a Ring of Elder in the Tolkeen area to double the range, duration and cut the cost of my tattoos by half. Hunt some down some Bind Women Warriors along Eastcoast for their amulets of armor, collect a half dozen for my personal use and sell rest for a few million credits.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Yepp.
Right now. I'd head for Los Alamo. Get Titan Juicer Conversion. Serve in their Military for 3 years, save up the money i make there. Then afterwards Merc myself out for 2 years until I make around 5+ million. Saving it for the future.
Then I would find someone who knows how to create Cold-Blooded. Undergo the Cold-Blooded Conversion (without detox, since the CB process will Kill me anyways and replace my blood/expell the Bio-comps, etc..) and Rise as a Cold-Blooded Titan of Might. If I had say Max SDC/HP as a Titan Juicer that would mean I'd have 2,200+ MDC now as a Cold-Blooded. Can You say AWESOME. Yeah sure I'd be Quasi-Undead. But I would not age, and can survive nearly anything and can come back from "death" if buried in the ground. :)
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

runebeo wrote:If I was in Rifts I'd first head to Lazlo to find someone to train to be an Para-Trooper class with hand to hand commando, next head to Texas to learn sharpshooting, and lastly go Manoan to change my class to Monster Hunter. Now I'm a Monster Hunter with monster shaping tattoo, commando HtH granting auto-dodge and fast draw ability from gunslinger training that other supernatural creatures are not normally allow to learn. If I have the time I'll track down a Ring of Elder in the Tolkeen area to double the range, duration and cut the cost of my tattoos by half. Hunt some down some Bind Women Warriors along Eastcoast for their amulets of armor, collect a half dozen for my personal use and sell rest for a few million credits.

Monster Hunters don't get tats; they're a type of 'Borg.
Sorry to slap down the munchkinnery.
:lol:
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
novatomato
Wanderer

Unread post by novatomato »

Well, I'm pretty close to Lazlo so I would probably head there. Assuming of course that I don't go bonkers from being suddenly and violently deposited in a completely altered world where everything I'm likely to encounter first would try to eat, kill, capture, or torture me.
Would I join up with a group of adventurers? Hell no. I'm happy just being alive in that place no need to go looking for those nasty things I mentioned above.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

If I popped up in England I'd become a night of Camelot!

I wouldn't be scared spending the weekend in London of Splynn as its probably less scary than spending the weekend in London now. :eek:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Vrykolas2k wrote:
runebeo wrote:If I was in Rifts I'd first head to Lazlo to find someone to train to be an Para-Trooper class with hand to hand commando, next head to Texas to learn sharpshooting, and lastly go Manoan to change my class to Monster Hunter. Now I'm a Monster Hunter with monster shaping tattoo, commando HtH granting auto-dodge and fast draw ability from gunslinger training that other supernatural creatures are not normally allow to learn. If I have the time I'll track down a Ring of Elder in the Tolkeen area to double the range, duration and cut the cost of my tattoos by half. Hunt some down some Bind Women Warriors along Eastcoast for their amulets of armor, collect a half dozen for my personal use and sell rest for a few million credits.

Monster Hunters don't get tats; they're a type of 'Borg.
Sorry to slap down the munchkinnery.
:lol:

No Monster Hunter are a type of Undead Slayer from South America 1, Anti-monster your thinking of but it is in the same book.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
TechnoGothic
Knight

@ Ducky...

Florida is Not a Bad place to start out. Ignore the MDC Dino aspect and make them SDC like I do in my games. That way people Hunt them for Food and it makes sense. Leave the MDC creatures to real Monsters and make them Rarer than printed.

Frankly...with all the MDC Monsters as Printed no Village could survive or some towns, let alone Farmers, etc...
The Majority of Animals, Dinos, etc...must still be SDC. With Rare Demons, Monsters, DBees being MDC beings.

DINO-SWAMP had alot of Possiblities for RIFTS to establish a Mostly SDC section. Where the shear Weight and Size of Dinos could deal MD damages but were theselves still SDC creatures in nature. Even if they had 1000+ SDC/HP making them Minor MDC equivients and to kill one, Most adventures would Eat up their MD Clips due to shear numbers of Dinos in the area.
BUT Instead we got dumb MDC Dinos and Monsters. And we are suppose to believe people can hunt them and eat them. BS.

As I've said before alot.
If i place a SPLICER House in Florida i can accept the MDC Dinos. The Splicer House would have creted the mdc dinos as WarMounts, but they escaped and breed. Without better reasons i dont accept Ley Lines make them md crap. Plus by adding a Splicer House in Florida you open the setting up to the possibility of Bio-tech for Players.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

dragonfett
Knight

Don't forget that while the dinosaurs are MDC, they are relatively might MDC creatures. 3d6 MDC for small, human size dinos, up to 1d4x10 MDC for the largest dinos (from the RMB). Ostorosaurous have 40 MDC in their head. But it must be noted that the Ostorosaurous are not true dinosaurs according to Sourcebook 1.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
Sabre 1
Wanderer

Unread post by Sabre 1 »

The Dark Elf wrote:If I popped up in England I'd become a night of Camelot!

I wouldn't be scared spending the weekend in London of Splynn as its probably less scary than spending the weekend in London now. :eek:

Yeah, same amount of a**holes, but more tentacles.

Smell would probably be better though.
Blindscout
Adventurer
Comment: An armed populace is a safe populace.

Unread post by Blindscout »

Well, assuming purely Temporal displacement I would be in the middle of the vast wilderness known as the Western Puget Sound in grand 'ol Washington. I'm choosing to go off of picking where i wind up, otherwise I'm fairly well screwed.

Edit- Having looked at Mobuttu's most excellent map it appears I would end up in Native American territory, so I might have a chance :-D .

Scared? Not at first, I would be gibbering with excitement that I had just gone though a Rift :D ! After about a minute or two of that then I would likely come close to ****ing myself as I realized I had no armor :? . If I survived the year, fear would be long since gone as I would have done one of the following...

Hopefully I would end up developing psionics after Rifting through, preferably near Lazlo. I would then seek out the Cyber-Knights and hope they would accept me. If they did not, I would likely join the Lazlo military, I used to be a scout in the Army, I may as well do that again. Though if I did not have the psionics, I would sign up for at least partial conversion to make life a bit easier. I would just keep replacing body parts as they failed and eventually end up a full borg.
Guy_LeDouche wrote:Any experiment of any kind that starts with "hold my beer" should make the property owner immune to frivolous lawsuits.

Mack wrote:Oh, and if the POTUS evey gave me a nuke, I think I'd aim it at Bieber.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

BEEP BEEP Let's go for a ride in the Jeep!
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

I would pound Altara Warrior Women.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
sarcusdarc
D-Bee

Unread post by sarcusdarc »

I would freak out from excitement. Terror is just not in me. After nearly dying at least once from being too curious I would definitely try to become a Glitter Boy Pilot or maybe get my hands on a SAMAS or something along those lines. It would be tough but I'm pretty sure I'd be ok.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Well living next to Joint base Lewis Mcord in WA I would be off any thing that has been detailed in rifts. So it might not be good. Do not think modern military training will be much help without the right gear.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
nilgravity
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by nilgravity »

I'm not too far from Kingsdale so I think I'd be alright if I could make my way there. Being from pre-golden age I'd try to trade information with rogue scholars. Especially with literacy supposedly so low in the surrounding area I could probably make a decent living. Assuming I don't get lucky enough to develop psychic abilities I'd just try to keep out of the dregs until I could get tattoos or biowizardry (I love the Chest Amalgam). I'm a very practical person but also have a hero complex so as I became more competent at surviving I would become more ambitious. So once I felt confident I could see me falling in with one of the orders of knights or maybe down to Mexico to kill vampires.
HWalsh
Hero

Unread post by HWalsh »

Assuming I rifted to somewhere near humans, or somewhere where I could find help at first, I might be okay. If I rifted to here, I'd be in the Georgia swamps, and that would be bad.

However assuming I made it somewhere like Lazlo or Kingsdale I might have a chance.

Now, this is assuming that terror doesn't paralyze me, I assume after a while I might adjust. Also knowing what I know about Rifts Earth would give me a powerful advantage in knowledge if not ability.

I could go one of two ways.

Way one, try to make a living as a teacher... As well... I was, at one time, a college professor. I taught Computer Game Design, but at the very least I could teach reading and writing. However... I'd go a different route.

I'd locate anything made by Titan Robotics.

Now, what my gambit would be, would be extremely dangerous... However, take into account that I am in an environment where just about anything and everything could kill me in an instant... My life expectancy is low and I'd be coming in with my real-world health issues so without modern medical treatments I'd be in deep trouble. So logic, in this case, dictates that I act with speed and sometimes a risk needs to be taken.

I'd address the items and read a prepared statement in front of it...

Ahem:
"A.R.C.H.I.E. Three, my name is (Insert my real name here), and you do not know who I am. I am a human from before the coming of the Rifts. I was pulled through a rift and am currently here. I know that your power is great, as it should be, you should rule over not only North America, but the world. Here I have no resources and no real way to survive. I ask for your aid. Though the risk of exposing myself to you in this manner is high, I trust your great wisdom. Know that I have no plan to reveal your existence or secrecy, this is not a threat, this is a simple request for help. You have the technology, resources, and vision to aid me. I will be here (insert town name) if you deem me worthy enough to render aid. Thank you."

That is a risk. ARCHIE could choose to simply kill me, however I think that he might be curious enough to aid me as well. As such, I could possibly be upgraded into either a Borg, or even be a transferred intelligence into a robotic body... Which would be really sweet...

It could end badly, but could end good, either way it would be one of my better shots.
Blastaar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Home of the Xiticix...
Hudsons Wheigh is located near my actual home of Gillam and not Gitlam

Unread post by Blastaar »

due to location I am in... I would be bug food.. xiticix food precisely
Greed is for amateurs. Disorder, chaos, anarchy: now that's fun!
infernocanuck
D-Bee

Unread post by infernocanuck »

Since I live just north of the Calgary Rift, I would emerge, poop myself, and then die horribly, I rekon. :3
Eclipse
Adventurer

Unread post by Eclipse »

I'm in Canberra, Australia which is messed up in Rifts Earth, so I'd probably go splat in short order.

If elsewhere in Australia with no psionic or magic potential, possibilities include - Song Juicer, Crazy, some kind of tech class if able to fit in in Melbourne (unlikely). Brisbane is a lot safer, so might try to head there.

If psionics and magic were possibilities, especially given potential rift energies, then in the following order would be good - Mind Melter or failing that, Burster/Zapper.. followed by Shifter, Necromancer maybe, some kinda magic-enhanced character, even a Mystic or Ley Line Walker.
And if... somone whipped out a mini gun. We run and hide. lol.

Now.. some guys won't... and you can say nice things at their funeral. "He was a brave soul.... if stupid.. he didn't take cover when the guy whipped out the mini gun on us that day.. but his blood-fountaining corpse did give us a chance to sneak around and clonk the machine gunner on the head with a rock. Rest in Pieces.... Swiss Cheese Man.....

Pepsi Jedi
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

without "upgrades" I would be likely pretty hosed in rifts.
I have some health issues ... and then the second major issue is I am in the general area of Portland Oregon, which from what I remember was pretty much destroyed, along with being in an area the big bad in the pacific can potentially affect. although being that its ~100 miles in from the coast currently might help there.
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

If I came back where I am right now, Id be hosed maybe picked up by an indian tribe or a black market test group , carson city nevada if Im remembering right is waste land. Might be close enough to the mountains to be covered in forest again maybe saved by some big foots or become a moutain giants play thing.

If I got to choose id be in achilies empire in SA or kingsdale in NA, if I had the talent id become a mage perferable temporal or temporal wizard though im probably to old for magic so........ crazy or partial conversion headhunter for the win. Who ever finds me first and doesnt want me dead ill join.
Dark cult of necromancers that need a lackey? Im your man.
Black market smugglers? I can cook meth and use a rifle wheres my crappy trench coat and contenital spanning membership card?
CS troops? I have always hated thoose nasty mutants and monsters, let me tell you how the 3rd reich did it.
New Lazlo peace nic mages. I will become the enlightened one, peace to all!!!!!
Demons you say? Well I have always wanted a 3rd nipple. And i get a cat score one for darkness!

honestly im a 33 year old man with a bad knee who can break down a rifle and do some woodsman crafts and gardening who ever wants me for more than a snack im your man.
SirRobin
D-Bee

Unread post by SirRobin »

TechnoGothic wrote:IF YOU found Yourself in RIFTS Earth...

There would be pants crapping galore. I doubt I would survive the first day. Some sort of miracle would have to be involved for me to last a year.

TechnoGothic wrote:Now that you have settled into the world of Rifts, and learn about the Local Area where YOU came through too.

I would try to adapt which would depend entirely on where I show up. I wouldn't particularly care what the job would be. If I landed with mercs? I would try to be a merc. If I landed in Chi-town? I would be at McProseks asking if they want fries with their McGenocide McShake. I've always had poor eye sight so if I had the opportunity I would have no problem with augmentation. Though I would lean towards towards the non lifespan shortening varieties.

TechnoGothic wrote:By YOU i mean YOU as you are here...a Human Freaking Being.
Jobs avaible to Humans...since your Human...
Upgrades/Training that Humans can get...

I've already accomplished what I wanted to accomplish so my ego isn't exactly needy anymore. So I would go with the flow. If that meant a slave in Atlantis? Then that means a slave in Atlantis. McSnack for a Vampire? Well that sucks but oh well. Deadboy? "I think this it is still alive. Should I shoot it?"
Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Fun topic from the past. Frankly I'm surprised I haven't already replied. Could be that I've replied to others. lol

I've got two sets of answers. "A" being 100% straight human, appearing in the physical location I'm sitting in now. "B" would stipulate I manifested Psionics (Which if you look at the numbers, is a very significant possibility) and got to 'choose' where I rifted in.

IF YOU found Yourself in RIFTS Earth...

A: If I emerged in the same location, I'd be one of the rare people in good shape. Not only are there people where I am, it's one of the biggest Tech centers in north America. I'd show up in Northern Gun, and the book details my exact area is active and inhabited.

B: If we get to 'choose' where we emerge... I'd likely pick the exact place I am now. lol. If we can choose though, I'd choose to manifest psionics and emerge at the gates to the CK Monastery/training center.

Oh, no doubt I'd be freaked out and experience culture shock for a bit. I'd get over it pretty quick too. I'd miss my wife and family and that'd really hit me hard. Unless they rifted with me.

I'd acclimate though. I always do. I've been through pretty radical changes in my life and settled in pretty fast. This would be a huge change but I'd buckle down in a few weeks/months. To be honest, I'd likely be pretty geeked about it all. I'd be chumming around with DBees and stuff all the time.

A: if i Emerge where I am now. I'd be in Northern Gun. In a great place to be. After I settled in I have absolutely no doubt what so ever what job I'd have. I'd be a NG Monster Responder. I love aliens and such, and thus would love Dbees and would love to work with others, protecting humanity from monsters and violent critters from the rifts. It'd be a natural fit and something I'd love doing.

B: Again, Stipulating the manifestation of psionics. I'd train to be a Cyberknight.

A: A little but not go crazy with it. I'd totally get cybernetic eyes. Upgrade them like crazy. A datajack if possible but Rifts doesn't go very much Shadowruny with their stuff. I'd like a set of retractable vibro claws, both for use at 'work' as a Monster Responder, and in self defense. No full bionic conversions or anything unless a monster bit off/ripped off parts of me. Which... would be a possibility considering the job I'd choose for myself.

B: Well yeah, I'd have the Cyberknight standard. Would still want the eye upgrades.

A: I'd join up with the NG Monster Responders.
B: I'd join up with the Cyberknights.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

If I ended up in the crap pit that is Rifts Earth and didn't die immediately...I'd become a saloon bum, or if I got lucky, join up with the remnants of the Navy. I can fight, sure, but I'm not a soldier or a warrior. Death within a year or two is likely. Though if I got someplace civilized, I could make a living at least.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

heh, if i had my druthers, i'd want to become an earth warlock. sufficient ability to protect myself, but most importantly the skills to make a living without having to be in constant battle. i'm not a soldier now, i don't want to be a soldier in the future, and i especially don't want to be constantly on the front lines having to deal with the kind of stuff soldiers in rifts earth have to put up with.

no thanks, i'll settle for finding all sorts of useful minerals, and creating useful raw materials, all while only having to pick fights when someone is enslaving elementals.

don't think i'm in the right place to start off with that potential though... but then, i'm not super far from lazlo either iirc (it's in the location of modern toronto, isn't it? or is that tolkeen.... )

Return to “Rifts®”