randomer item table

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: randomer item table

Unread post by taalismn »

60. Letter Opener--- Simple letter opener that does 1 point of SDC. However, it's enchanted with a Spinning Blades spell(1d8 level) that does damage as normal.

61: Missing Number---The Gods of Order noticed that this list is out of order. THey therefore have decreed that here is the missing number. It doesn't do much but cause the list roller to ROLL AGAIN.

62: Envelope---A blank mailing envelope, legal size, with MEGAVERSAL POSTAGE PREPAID stamped on it. . If something is put inside and the letter sealed and addressed, the stamp space will briefly glow with the energy of a miniature rift, and the letter will disappear. Note that the envelope is too small to package a grenade ir anything heavy.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

taalismn wrote:60. Letter Opener--- Simple letter opener that does 1 point of SDC. However, it's enchanted with a Spinning Blades spell(1d8 level) that does damage as normal.

61: Missing Number---The Gods of Order noticed that this list is out of order. THey therefore have decreed that here is the missing number. It doesn't do much but cause the list roller to ROLL AGAIN.

62: Envelope---A blank mailing envelope, legal size, with MEGAVERSAL POSTAGE PREPAID stamped on it. . If something is put inside and the letter sealed and addressed, the stamp space will briefly glow with the energy of a miniature rift, and the letter will disappear. Note that the envelope is too small to package a grenade ir anything heavy.

so 60 and 62 are actually your 2 and 61 was so that the one somewhere that we were off can be filled? What if we were off because instead of not posting one someone skipped a number? If that is the case the list is still off. :)
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

63: A package with MEGAVERSAL POSTAGE appears in front of the PC(s) containing a mini-cd single with The King's return to sender song on it.

64: A StormTroopers Armor: 100 MDC and fully environmental. And is fully immune to red blaster fire and fully vulnerable to blue blaster fire.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
taalismn
Priest

Zer0 Kay wrote:
taalismn wrote:60. Letter Opener--- Simple letter opener that does 1 point of SDC. However, it's enchanted with a Spinning Blades spell(1d8 level) that does damage as normal.

so 60 and 62 are actually your 2 and 61 was so that the one somewhere that we were off can be filled? What if we were off because instead of not posting one someone skipped a number? If that is the case the list is still off. :)

Actually, if everybody follows the pattern, you start off with the odd-numbered post, and the even-numbered post is the follow-up, setting up for the next person.
I admit I got thrown off by Nate's one-off, but yes, ignoring that, that still means that somewhere before post 32, there's a missing number.

I leave it to the RetroTemporalists to fix the tear in space/time.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

taalismn wrote:
Actually, if everybody follows the pattern, you start off with the odd-numbered post, and the even-numbered post is the follow-up, setting up for the next person.
I admit I got thrown off by Nate's one-off, but yes, ignoring that, that still means that somewhere before post 32, there's a missing number.

Did I screw up somewhere? Please point it out so I can fix it please
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Absolutely you forgot the astrix after instead of before the regulartrix, people can get sick from that.
#* not *# :roll: :) well if ya really did no worries now :ok:. Game on.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Just drop it and get on with things.

*points @ Zer0 Kay* your turn to post a couple things.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
taalismn
Priest

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:[

No worries, Nate. We all screw up on this thread at one point or another. We still love yah. :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Just drop it and get on with things.

*points @ Zer0 Kay* your turn to post a couple things.

What? Why meeeee, why meeeeeeeee? :)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

65. You find a white suit of armor that appears to be made of plastic, not unlike a plastic man armor... Except it is a plastic woman armor over what would have to be a really tight bodysuit. And BOY does she have a rack... of weapons right next to the armor. They look different but the suit is a stylize plastic man and the weapons are several modified north American weapons.

66. A 100 gift card for target with a digital read out.

If the PC keeps ot with them enemies have a +4 to hit and are drawn to attack the carrier to the point that they will fight over who gets to shoot the carrier and will even go up and point to who was closer to center mass in the middle of combat.

Each successful hit by the opponent reduces the cards number by 1.
taalismn
Priest

67. Bull Terrier---A bull terrier with a round red fur patch around one eye. It's a fairly friendly normal dog, though it has a tendency to piddle on robots, power armor, and cyborgs if not watched. There's no other identifying marks or collar, so the dog is effectively up for adoption if the PCs would like.

68. Bull Terrier---A bull terrier with a round red fur patch around one eye. It's a fairly friendly normal dog, very friendly, and very well behaved. It will trail any particularly large, powerful, or interesting-looking group, though the dog will run off and hide if the group runs into trouble, always returning if and when the PC group wins, or gets ready to make a quick retreat/escape. A VERY close exam will reveal several chips of metal in its skull, and only constant monitoring of EM frequencies will reveal that the dog is making regular transmissions. The terrier is, in fact, a Lone Star Dog Boy, with a physique of an unmodified dog, but human-level intelligence, better than average psionics(including Autodefense Mind Block), and an implanted scrambled transmitter. The Dog Boy is a loyal spy for te Coalition States, and, if ever discovered, will quickly desert the PCs to try to get back to his superiors in the CS.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

taalismn wrote:
68. Bull Terrier---A bull terrier with a round red fur patch around one eye. It's a fairly friendly normal dog, very friendly, and very well behaved. It will trail any particularly large, powerful, or interesting-looking group, though the dog will run off and hide if the group runs into trouble, always returning if and when the PC group wins, or gets ready to make a quick retreat/escape. A VERY close exam will reveal several chips of metal in its skull, and only constant monitoring of EM frequencies will reveal that the dog is making regular transmissions. The terrier is, in fact, a Lone Star Dog Boy, with a physique of an unmodified dog, but human-level intelligence, better than average psionics(including Autodefense Mind Block), and an implanted scrambled transmitter. The Dog Boy is a loyal spy for te Coalition States, and, if ever discovered, will quickly desert the PCs to try to get back to his superiors in the CS.

That, is an awesome idea. 8]
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

taalismn wrote:67.Bull Terrier---A bull terrier with a round red fur patch around one eye. It's a fairly friendly normal dog, though it has a tendency to piddle on robots, power armor, and cyborgs if not watched. There's no other identifying marks or collar, so the dog is effectively up for adoption if the PCs would like.

How does 67 relate to 66? Since the "Game" :roll: in play is to relate the 1st item to the previous poster's 2nd item.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
taalismn wrote:67.Bull Terrier---A bull terrier with a round red fur patch around one eye. It's a fairly friendly normal dog, though it has a tendency to piddle on robots, power armor, and cyborgs if not watched. There's no other identifying marks or collar, so the dog is effectively up for adoption if the PCs would like.

How does 67 relate to 66? Since the "Game" :roll: in play is to relate the 1st item to the previous poster's 2nd item.

yeah he stretches it a bit and makes me think too much. Target card makes you a target. What is the center of the target called. A Bull dog without an eye. Or less think is the bull dog from target commercials with the red circle over one eye.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Zer0 Kay wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

yeah he stretches it a bit and makes me think too much. Target card makes you a target. What is the center of the target called. A Bull dog without an eye. Or less think is the bull dog from target commercials with the red circle over one eye.

Okay, I was just not picking up on that.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

Okay, I was just not picking up on that.

I'm gonna guess that's because you read more books than watch the boobtube
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Zer0 Kay wrote:I'm gonna guess that's because you read more books than watch the boobtube

And target has dropped the use of that canine from it's newer adds.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:I'm gonna guess that's because you read more books than watch the boobtube

:lol: I like how you don't say yes , just agree by adding and...
taalismn
Priest

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

Probably because of an earlier bull terrier shilling for beer.
Yes, it was a shallow reference to the Target franchise ads' mascot.

Now that we've established I'm old and into vague allusions, let's move on...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

Probably because of an earlier bull terrier shilling for beer.
Yes, it was a shallow reference to the Target franchise ads' mascot.

Now that we've established I'm old and into vague allusions, let's move on...

Lol, I like em anyway. Makes us figure out the connection, just as fun as the ones that slap ya in the face first and then punch is in the gut.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

69. A church there are piles of bone everywhere. Guess it was all a load of bull

70. A church there is no one in the church, only piles of clothes in the pews and on behind the pulpit. Their faith rewarded.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

((The Church is made up of the people....not the building they meet in.))

71: A building full of healthy friendly people gathering together in a pot-luck. Welcoming the strangers into their midst to join in the meal the socializing.

72: A tank full of sharks at the end of the treasure map.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:((The Church is made up of the people....not the building they meet in.))

71: A building full of healthy friendly people gathering together in a pot-luck. Welcoming the strangers into their midst to join in the meal the the socializing.

72: A tank full of sharks at the end of the treasure map.

Why yes it is. But to the secular world what is a Church?
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

73. Freaking sharks with freaking lasers on their heads. Fortunately your miles away from the nearest body of water. Unfortunately these are LAND SHARKS.

74. The truth, but you can't handle it... cuz it isn't a physical object, duh.
taalismn
Priest

Zer0 Kay wrote:73. Freaking sharks with freaking lasers on their heads. Fortunately your miles away from the nearest body of water. Unfortunately these are LAND SHARKS.

74. The truth, but you can't handle it... cuz it isn't a physical object, duh.

75. TRUTH---Carved twenty feet high out of black granite and very much a physical object(or set of giant letters). There's nothing around it to suggest who made it, and what truth it's referring to.

76. Soda Vending Machine---A soda vending machine, selling popular brands. Anybody putting in coins and selecting a soda will get a surprise when they reach in and try to get their can/bottle; the machine is a disguised shape-changing supernatural predator*fairly dumb, but smart/telepathic enough to try to assum what it thinks is a perfectly innocuous appearance to lure in prey) .
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Ruiner
Explorer
Comment: I am a perfectionist who is good at nothing. You can imagine my frustration.

Unread post by The Ruiner »

77. Slot Machine-- An old looking but functional slot maching. If the lever is pulled roll 3d8 to determine spin results.

1.(a). Cherry. If a single cherry is rolled in any slot the reels will spin 1d6 times finally comming to a stop on "3 in a row" of a
single 1d8. (roll 1d8 to determine the outcome for all 3 reels, just so you arent stuck rolling forever).

1.(b). Cherries. When 3 of these symbols are rolled, roll once on this Randomer table.

2. Lemon. When 3 of these symbols are rolled, roll once on any Randomer table of the G.M.'s designation. If the effect is
positive, congratulations-you have turned lemons into lemonaide. If the effect can be considered negative then those
effects are are considered to be "doubled".

3. Watermelon. When 3 of these symbols are rolled the P.C. feels refreshed, rejuvinated and regenerated. Any effects of
sleeplessnes, hunger, thirst and fatigue are gone. Also the P.C. heals 3d6 (?).D.C.

4. Bell. When 3 of these symbols are rolled a peircing sould comes from the machine. This loud and irritating noise can be
heard up to 1 mile away. G.M.'s discretion on what hears it and comes to investigate.

5. Blank. Any reel that comes up "blank" will re-roll that individual reel untill a non-blank result is rolled.

6. "Triple Bar". When 3 of these symbols are rolled the G.M. rolls 1 result from 3 different Randomer tables.(total of 3 results)

7. "Lucky 7's". When 3 of these symbols are rolled the P.C. will find that any credit stick/card on him will have increased in
value by 01-100%. (roll percentile).

8. Joker. When 3 of these symbols are rolled the machine starts spinning the reels. 10 seconds later the reels land on 3.....2
and finally .....1. (even though 1, 2, and 3 are not on the reels normally). upon reaching "1" the machine explodes
causing 3d6X10 Damage to everything in a 20 ft radius. Somehow, the slot maching is unharmed in the explosion.

Players can choose to roll untill they get a "reward". Once a "reward" is rolled by a player, he/she can no longer spin as the machine will stop working for that person. Move on to the next P.C., if they decide they want to spin. Once all the P.C.'s have rolled or definitively determined they do not wish to poll, the slot machine disappears.

78. Fencing Cyber-Knights-- You come across a pair of Cyber-Knights fencing. Thats right. These 2 knights have taken it upon themselves to repair the fence on a strech of land for an old farmer that was unable to do so because of an injury. The knights are both Lvl. 1d4 + 4. It is undetermined if the labor of fencing has inreased their swordsmanship abilities.
"There's only room in here for One, and I've decided it's not you."

"Open your eyes, I'm gonna horrify you into a comma!"--Master Shake
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Ruiner wrote:77. Slot Machine-- An old looking but functional slot maching. If the lever is pulled roll 3d8 to determine spin results.

1.(a). Cherry. If a single cherry is rolled in any slot the reels will spin 1d6 times finally comming to a stop on "3 in a row" of a
single 1d8. (roll 1d8 to determine the outcome for all 3 reels, just so you arent stuck rolling forever).

1.(b). Cherries. When 3 of these symbols are rolled, roll once on this Randomer table.

2. Lemon. When 3 of these symbols are rolled, roll once on any Randomer table of the G.M.'s designation. If the effect is
positive, congratulations-you have turned lemons into lemonaide. If the effect can be considered negative then those
effects are are considered to be "doubled".

3. Watermelon. When 3 of these symbols are rolled the P.C. feels refreshed, rejuvinated and regenerated. Any effects of
sleeplessnes, hunger, thirst and fatigue are gone. Also the P.C. heals 3d6 (?).D.C.

4. Bell. When 3 of these symbols are rolled a peircing sould comes from the machine. This loud and irritating noise can be
heard up to 1 mile away. G.M.'s discretion on what hears it and comes to investigate.

5. Blank. Any reel that comes up "blank" will re-roll that individual reel untill a non-blank result is rolled.

6. "Triple Bar". When 3 of these symbols are rolled the G.M. rolls 1 result from 3 different Randomer tables.(total of 3 results)

7. "Lucky 7's". When 3 of these symbols are rolled the P.C. will find that any credit stick/card on him will have increased in
value by 01-100%. (roll percentile).

8. Joker. When 3 of these symbols are rolled the machine starts spinning the reels. 10 seconds later the reels land on 3.....2
and finally .....1. (even though 1, 2, and 3 are not on the reels normally). upon reaching "1" the machine explodes
causing 3d6X10 Damage to everything in a 20 ft radius. Somehow, the slot maching is unharmed in the explosion.

Players can choose to roll untill they get a "reward". Once a "reward" is rolled by a player, he/she can no longer spin as the machine will stop working for that person. Move on to the next P.C., if they decide they want to spin. Once all the P.C.'s have rolled or definitively determined they do not wish to poll, the slot machine disappears.

78. Fencing Cyber-Knights-- You come across a pair of Cyber-Knights fencing. Thats right. These 2 knights have taken it upon themselves to repair the fence on a strech of land for an old farmer that was unable to do so because of an injury. The knights are both Lvl. 1d4 + 4. It is undetermined if the labor of fencing has inreased their swordsmanship abilities.

Awesome!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

79. A cyber knight trying to fend off a four armed monster. The monster is using a tri-beam sword, wills laser sword, phase sword and a Amaki psi sword. The knight parries a paired... paired... paired weapon a strike with a psishield. Before the strike lands you get a migrane, apparently all the variables of the swords interacting with the shield are too much. It feels like your head explodes (1d10 S/MD)

80. A mini missile strikes your vehicle/armor in a random location except the main body it only does 2MD and the blast radius is 1,000' all your other LOCATIONS are hit and everything around seems to have been blown by a strong wind but nothing else happens. WTH, you think, those can't hit me there and they surely don't damage everything else on me and hardly anything to the environment... You spend the next 1d4 minutes pondering on this before you decide there is no point and walk on, knowing that in this world it must have been a fluke. Horrified of going through a rift to a world where a single grenade or missile will kill you... yeah like a single standard caliber bullet to your unarmored torso would have a chance to kill you... whatever, no sense pondering science fiction.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

79.1 You encounter an old farmer and a couple of young Cyber-Knights, with some kids sitting or looking thru a newly repaired fence. The farmer must be a semi-retired Cyber-Knight do to skill with his Psi-Sword and shield while teaching the others. He may also just be showing off a little as well.

81. A small group of DBees with a human female who is very easy to look at comes up to you and starts to ask you questions about your reactions to the above 'Attack'. While she is asking and recording your answers on her I-Pad style clipboard. Mean while the DBees are scanning and taking readings of your vehicle/armor with different devices. Some may even be trying get inside to look around, without asking. After a half hour or so. She gives you a piece of Digital paper with a map and pass to a near by location, telling you can visit if you want. As they are leaving, you see a small cloud drift off your vehicle, seemly taking the damage with it ?!?!?! The vehicle they leave in is strange looking, almost grown than made.

Do you spent time looking even your armor, to find out what happen? Have your medical device do a full check-up? Are just follow the map and ask what happen? Run like crazy Just go about your own business or finishing your mission?

Wonder if there is .... any sense pondering science fiction. :? :-?

82. You come across what looks like copy of vehicle, right down to small markings and passed repairs. When you ask where the owner got it from. He says from a near by marketplace or trading post. They have several other ones available, along with a bunch of vehicles and armor. Ask for something and they will have it or find it in minutes. Gear and spare parts, even the vehicle seems more grown that build. The owner even says it acts like it's live, trying to make him happy to own it.

The driver says that the Trading post deals in trade of old stuff and salvage, not credits. Everything they have like new, even if looking old and beat up.

Do you really want to know? :D

Could be by or from:
1) DBee tech or links to other dimension.
2) 'Rabbit Hole' leading to a Golden Age buried complex
3) Something made by one Tman's "CeeFy 'Galaxy Mother'Biomechanoid"
4) Then it could look that way.
5) Something else, maybe....
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

83. Noob Genesplicer practice: You find a biomech bike. The "vehicle is still too... animal. The bike looks like some sort of canidae was twisted into this form. The front paws permanently hold a wheel. The handle bars are formed from the ears. The seat not far behind on the animals back. The alterations seem to stop there as the hind legs are still present and are how the bike is propelled. The animal's intelligence is still present and the bike acts like a lost dog. The animal doesn't seem to be in pain.

84. A white van:

1-40 The van is empty, up on blocks and stripped
41-60 Says "FREE CANDY" on the side, works if you can get fuel
61-80 Says "FREE WI-FI" on the side, the inside is burned out
81-99 Says "FREE CANDY AND NAPS" on the side, it is running and there's some old dude sleeping in the back on a pile of candy
00 Says "FREE E-CLIPS" on the side, as you approach to check some tentacles beast jumps out and tries to pull you in. It's the new Sploog slaving tactic.
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

A black van. It has a red stripe down the side, and across the spoiler on the rear of the roof. As you approach the vehicle a african american with a beard/mohawk combo steps out from around the other side and says "I pity the fool who messes with my ride'.

Make a save v Fear Factor 25 or run in fear of scratching the black van.

A dog collar with a leash attached. Problem is, judging from the size of the collar, it would suit a dog that would stand 10 foot high at the shoulder. Maybe it belonged to that Zentradi in the hunting camo you saw a few days ago, the one with the huge shotgun?!?
Eureka!
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

# 87

A dog. His name is Garfield. He's an incredibly confused hound.

A turkey. If you get closer, you see it has small metal bumps on it's head. Congratulations, you've just met your first Wild Turkey. With the full combat stats of a 15th level Crazy. It takes offense and attacks. It also has a Naruni forcefield belt around it's neck.

Good luck.

8p
Eureka!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

89. You find a dinning room set for American Thanksgiving. The cooked Turkey is standing wings akimbo. All the fixings are floating through the air... Oh no, its the poultry geist.

90. A piece of broccoli stuck in your teeth when your talking in an important situation. If you are not in a conversation you don't fund it yet. But it is there. If you don't have a conversation for a month its still there... and it decays as normal. When speaking save 9+ or pick it out in the middle of conversation. Your breath has an HF of 1 for every 2 days it's in there. Importance of conversation determined by GM. After discovery and removal resistance failure roll on following table:
    •1 You manage to get it out deftly, the person your talking too doesn't even notice it. (No HF roll)
    •2 You get it out with some noticeable tongue action it becomes distraction the person your talking to doesn't catch an pertinent but minor detail.
    •3 You get it out by blowing through your teeth. The resulting awkward moment results in the person your talking to missing a whole step.
    •4 You have to dig it out with a finger nail. The conversation turns to the broccoli, half the conversation is misunderstood.
    •5 You spend so much time digging this thing out the person your talking to gets offended and as they start to turn to leave and you say "wait" the broccoli ejects from your mouth and flies straight at them. They may roll to dodge an attack of 12. The conversation turns to how disgusting that was.
    •6 You get it out with a combination of maneuvers but it causes damage. Your gums are bleed profusely... rediculously. The person your speaking to is concerned, disgusted and insulted as they lean it to try to do something to help you the dang thing finally comes out it shoots through the air. You see it in slow motion as the thing navigates its way into their eye... even if they have sealed armor! Of course you just see the part where it hits the neck deflects upward and disappears into some seam in the armor and then the person just grab at their face plate and start cursing.

+1 to roll for each week it has been in your mouth. Add roll to HF. Remember whenever you talk to anyone and it isn't that important conversation they gotta toll HF, unless one or both of you are in EBA or better.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Come on guys, almost another list done!
91. A brand new toothbrush still wrapped. After you brush your teeth with any toothpaste your breath smells just like the toothpaste, :-? To YOU. :shock: to everyone else it smells like you ate a combination of kimchi, steamed cabbage and brussels sprout soup, garlic onion pizza limburger cheese, the excrement of a skunk that ate the same thing and one dirty, dirty shizno. When you breath you kill flowers and small animals, when you belch hazmat teams are called in. People prefer to stick their nose... no their head up another persons posterior in order to escape the stench and with out that rout available will become sudden practitioners of yoga. It is not unknown for your victims to be found it the classic Archaeopteryx fossil pose. No one except those with incredible willpower can hope to withstand this breath that puts dragons to shame (HF 20, victim may add any save vs. insanity bonuses). To remove stench you just have to brush your teeth with a different tooth brush 1d4... x 1d6... x 1d8... x 1d10... x 1d12... x 1d20......... x 1d100 times, with toothpaste of course. Of course you, not being able to tell what your breath smells like, have to test it out occasionally. And the smell doesn't gradually dissipate it is either their or not. :x

92. You find a dimmer switch that looks like it was pulled out of a wall. You fidget with it and nothing happens, you subsequently dispose of it. Meanwhile (read in voice of super friends voice over guy) back in the Imperial throne room of Chi-Town Emperor Prosek trips on a raised floor tile he couldn't see because the lights keep fluctuating. Back at the Black Vault several troops lie wounded or dead and a couple of Enforcers are battered because the giant door to the vault randomly swung open and closed. Does the player somehow figure out the importance of such a seemingly worthless device? Does the CS figure out a way to track the device down? Only one way to find out, see it here next week on Light Swap.
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

# 93

A dimmer switch from a car instrument panel. This dimmer switch, when fitted to any vehicle, will give the vehicle enhanced sensors, without installing any other sensor equipment. But what you get is another question.

1. Infrared
2. Ultraviolet
3. X-ray
4. Sonar
5. Radar
6. Ladar
7. See the Invisable
8. Gm's choice

The range depends on the 'standard' sensor package of that vehicle, if none fitted, treat it as a 100 meter range. Duration is 1d10x1d10 minutes, or until the setting is changed again. If used more than 5 times in one 24 hour period, everyone who has used the enhanced sensors must make a Save vs Magic or go blind for 24 hours. This save only has to be made by people who have used all 5 vision modes during the 24 hour period. Thus it might take some time before someone goes blind. And they won't know if it's permanent or not. When the players work out how it works, let them use it for a while. But when they really start to abuse it, it disappears from their vehicle. After all, that found it randomly somewhere, didn't they? ;)

#94.

A vending machine. Looks like a typical drink vending machine. It might be one of those that just dispenses cans, or it might be one of those with a clear front that dispenses bottles. When a coin is inserted and you make your selection, the can or bottle is dispensed out the bottom, but has been opened and is empty. Even if you can see the bottle is full, when you get it, it's empty. If anger is taken out physically against the vending machine, it morphs into a suit of PA (Say, a Super Samas), and attacks as if piloted by a 15th level Elite PA Pilot. If fired upon, it morphs into a Robot Vehicle (GB, or maybe Enforcer....of if the party are more powerful, give them something bigger to fight). Again attacks as if piloted by a 15th level Elite Robot Pilot (select applicable skill).

Enjoy!

8p
Eureka!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

95. A vending machine it sells used underwear, a historian of oddities would think it was a transplant from Japan... if it wasn't selling men's underwear. For your convenience they're already turned stained side out so all you have to remember is brown in back and yellow up front.

96. A Ninja ninja. A Ninja motorcycle that transforms into a ninja. It is 1:1 scale but non functioning, cool but functionally impossible. (hmm, maybe some magic...)
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

97;

Ninja! 1d6+4 black clad Ninja jump out from nowhere and attack by throwing shuriken!! Each one in fact throws 5 of them, either at the same or multiple targets. +20 to hit (they're Ninja!), and each one does 1d6 damage (SDC/MDC/whatever's applicable). The then vanish before anyone can respond. Even Hyperion Juicers can't get the jump on them. If anyone has any sixth sense or other psi power running, all they get is a vague impending sense of doom, but even they can't tell how soon or when whatever is going to happen will happen.

(based on an ongoing encounter in an old AD&D campaign many, many moons ago. lol)

Alternately, this.

98:

A pink fluffy pillow. This is an enchanted pillow, and will give you a good nights rest if you use it as a pillow when you go to sleep. No matter what you do, you can't hide the fact that it's a pink fluffy pillow (think fake sheepskin rug type pink & fluffy). Paint & dye don't stick, a pillow case (or other material) will just dissolve away into dust (even mega damage material). It can't be rendered invisible.

If used for a week, you even gain +10% experience points for the following week. But.....there has been an enchantment cast upon the user. Everyone but the pillows user will see the person as if they were dressed up as a 'fairy god mother', or 'fairy princess'. Dressed all in pink, with a pink tutu, leggings, corset, etc, the person will look to be, simply a Fairy Princess. They will still look like themselves other than that. So same height, same equipment (though armour looks to be a dress, etc....), a jetpack might look like wings, etc. They even has a diamond tiara on their heads. Even if they look in a mirror or something else that casts a reflection, all they see is their normal selves. And this also means, men will still look like grown men. Dressed as a Fairy Princess. In Pink.

Can be removed by the usual methods of removing enchantments/curses, but this also removes the benefit of the +10% experience points.

If a woman uses the pillow, she also gets +50% Charm/Impress.

Despite who uses it, after a week, it disappears.
Eureka!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

I hope the thread necromancy rules won't apply to this thread? Since it sometimes gets neglected.

99. A black leather pillow with spikes and steel plates. This is an enchanted pillow, and will give you a good nights rest if you use it as a pillow when you go to sleep, even if you lay on the spikes and plates. No matter what you do, you can't hide the fact that it's beyond tacky (think bad biker from 50's b-movie tacky). Paint & dye don't stick, a pillow case (or other material) will just dissolve away into dust (even mega damage material). It can't be rendered invisible.

If used for a week, you even gain +10% experience points for the following week. But.....there has been an enchantment cast upon the user. Everyone but the pillows user will see the person as if they were dressed up as as a cast member of the Rocky Horror Picture Show... and I'm not talking Brad or Janet on arrival. Dressed un black leather BDSM gear, with a ball gag, hose, corset, etc, the person will look to be a pervert. They will still look like themselves other than that. So same height, same equipment (though armour [edit: ahhhh i just realized with the cut and paste i used the British spelling of armor, damn there goes our 200 year old rebellion, may as well come back and reclaim us England. I'm sorry fellow Americans I've failed you :cry: :lol: ] looks to be a of various BDSM attire, etc....), a jetpack might look like wings, etc. They even have a studded collar on their neck and a leash connected to it. Even if they look in a mirror or something else that casts a reflection, all they see is their normal selves.

Can be removed by the usual methods of removing enchantments/curses, but this also removes the benefit of the +10% experience points.

If a woman uses the pillow, she also gets +50% Charm/Impress.

Despite who uses it, after a week, it disappears.

100. The End. That's right. Your walking around minding your own business when you run into the End. Now if this happens before you've defeated your opponents or if you have "unresolved issues" in your life, you you hear booing and comments of a horrible ending. You loose your PPE and ISP for a day. If you defeat your opponents there is cheering your HP & SDC/MDC are doubled for the day. If a character in your group has died, and the player hasn't yet made a new character, there is applause and crying and if it was a PC there are comments on how they'll be brought back in the sequel, the dead PC is resurrected.

Credits roll Character Played by Player, Directed by GMs name, based on a story written by KS blah blah blah. Oh the player has to make 1d20 dodges against the ridiculously long credits or be hit for minimal damage in a comedic way. Everything goes black for EVERYONE for some time and then Part X starts.
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Yay!! Woot!! And all that.

So,...another table??

A rubber ducky. Except this one drives a black Mack Truck.

A fluffer. If you're over 18, you should already know what this is!! If under 18, it's a person who makes silly 'fart' noises. ;)
Eureka!
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

A black fluffer duck. It is wearing a rubber ID tag that reads "Mack." When approached, rather than a normal duck noise, it makes a phhhfffrrrrrrrrrrtttttt!! (silly fart)noise. A save VS psionic attack roll must be made (12 or higher) or else the character will suffer the signs and symptoms of prolonged yet unfulfilled arousal.

Game rules? Every third post must be a combination of the two before it. So posts 1+2 = post 3, posts 4+5 = post 6? What do you all think?

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:#3
A black fluffer duck. It is wearing a rubber ID tag that reads "Mack." When approached, rather than a normal duck noise, it makes a phhhfffrrrrrrrrrrtttttt!! (silly fart)noise. A save VS psionic attack roll must be made (12 or higher) or else the character will suffer the signs and symptoms of prolonged yet unfulfilled arousal.

Game rules? Every third post must be a combination of the two before it. So posts 1+2 = post 3, posts 4+5 = post 6? What do you all think?

so are we doing it int threes or is 4 supposed to be a combination of 2+3 and 5 a combination of 3+4? :)
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Zer0 Kay wrote:

so are we doing it int threes or is 4 supposed to be a combination of 2+3 and 5 a combination of 3+4? :)

In three's. Only every 3rd post is related to the 2 before it. So posts 3. 6. 9. 12. 15. 18. 21. 24. 27. 30. 33. 36. 39. 42. 45. 48. 51. 54. 57. 60. 63. 66. 69. 72. 75. 78. 81. 84. 87. 90. 93. 96. and 99. are a combination of the 2 preceding posts.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

#4.You see ernie! You know the character from sesame street
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Zer0 Kay wrote:

In three's. Only every 3rd post is related to the 2 before it. So posts 3. 6. 9. 12. 15. 18. 21. 24. 27. 30. 33. 36. 39. 42. 45. 48. 51. 54. 57. 60. 63. 66. 69. 72. 75. 78. 81. 84. 87. 90. 93. 96. and 99. are a combination of the 2 preceding posts.

And then the problem. We end up with a one off 100.
taalismn
Priest

#4 Air Gun---Obviously the work of a backwoods mechanic, this fowling piece uses compressed gas to fire slugs or birdshot. Range is fairly low compared to standard cartridge firearms(about 300-400 ft under ideal conditions), and the compressed gas cylinder has enough pressure for 6 shots. Damage is roughly equal to a .22 rifle.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

And then the problem. We end up with a one off 100.

Yeah, nothing is perfect.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

taalismn
Priest

Zer0 Kay wrote:[And then the problem. We end up with a one off 100.

100 is Free-For-All. Go wild.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:[And then the problem. We end up with a one off 100.

100 is Free-For-All. Go wild.

buck?
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

A box of SodaStream gas cylinders. They're different colours for some reason. When fitted to your SodaStream (if you have one, you don't find one here), it will carbonate your drinks for you!! But, they can be used as rifle grenades....somehow, regardless of the rifle (rail gun, laser, ballistic, plasma, etc) they fit the barrel (even if the rifle isn't fitted for rifle grenades).

1. Grey = tear/gas
2. Yellow = flash/bang
3. White = Phosphorus
4. Red = Frag
5. Purple = Plasma
6. Silver = Carpet of Adhesion
7. Neon Green/Yellow = Nuclear!!
8. Dud. = Select or roll again until you get another result.
9. Mine. = Select or roll again until you get another result
10. Multiple warhead = Select or roll again until you get another result.

Range is double the rifles range.

They do damage as per the normal grenade type. Carpet of Adhesion grenades work at 5th level LLW if stats are needed. Nuclear does (6xd6)x100 MDC in a 300 yard radius. Then it does (3xd6)x50 MDC in the next 300 yard radius. Finally it does 1d6x10 MDC in the last 300 yard radius. Yes, this means they'll probably take damage and radiate themselves!!

You find 3 to 60 'gas cylinders' (3xd20). They're randomly assorted. You can pull them all out of the box to find what they are, or just roll when someone grabs one.

Special note!! There is no way of knowing that these can be used as weapons when first found. If they go to sell them, have the person who they're trying to sell them say something like 'they haven't seen these grenades in a while". Or if someone rolls less than 5% for "weapon quality". They don't radiate magic (not even the CoA grenade), and can't be thrown.

After they find out more about them, they'll hear about other 'colour' grenades.......
Eureka!
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Ok, so this should combine #4 & #5, right? So;

#6. You find an Air Gun---Obviously the work of a backwoods mechanic, this fowling piece uses compressed gas to fire slugs or birdshot. Range is fairly low compared to standard cartridge firearms(about 300-400 ft under ideal conditions), and the compressed gas cylinder has enough pressure for 6 shots. Damage is roughly equal to a .22 rifle.

However, along with the airgun, you also find a box of SodaStream gas cylinders. They're different colours for some reason. When fitted to your SodaStream (if you have one, you don't find one here), it will carbonate your drinks for you!! But, they can be used as rifle grenades....somehow, regardless of the rifle (rail gun, laser, ballistic, plasma, etc) they fit the barrel (even if the rifle isn't fitted for rifle grenades).

1. Grey = tear/gas
2. Yellow = flash/bang
3. White = Phosphorus
4. Red = Frag
5. Purple = Plasma
6. Silver = Carpet of Adhesion
7. Neon Green/Yellow = Nuclear!!
8. Dud. = Select or roll again until you get another result.
9. Mine. = Select or roll again until you get another result
10. Multiple warhead = Select or roll again until you get another result.

Range is double the rifles range.

They do damage as per the normal grenade type. Carpet of Adhesion grenades work at 5th level LLW if stats are needed. Nuclear does (6xd6)x100 MDC in a 300 yard radius. Then it does (3xd6)x50 MDC in the next 300 yard radius. Finally it does 1d6x10 MDC in the last 300 yard radius. Yes, this means they'll probably take damage and radiate themselves!!

You find 3 to 60 'gas cylinders' (3xd20). They're randomly assorted. You can pull them all out of the box to find what they are, or just roll when someone grabs one.

Special note!! There is no way of knowing that these can be used as weapons when first found. If they go to sell them, have the person who they're trying to sell them say something like 'they haven't seen these grenades in a while". Or if someone rolls less than 5% for "weapon quality". They don't radiate magic (not even the CoA grenade), and can't be thrown.

After they find out more about them, they'll hear about other 'colour' grenades.......
Eureka!

Return to “Rifts®”