Forum OCC/RCC creation.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hawk258
Adventurer
Comment: Chuckie Sullivan "Applesauce B!%@#"

Forum OCC/RCC creation.

Unread post by Hawk258 »

As I begin fleshing out Eastern Oregon/Washington and western Idaho with The North west co-op, I have realized that there is room to create a few creatures, d-bees and occupations.

This is your opportunity to contribute.

This is an opportunity to discuss and design a new occupation/race as a whole.
(**edited**)
Last edited by Hawk258 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I post an idea, game balance is my only concern. For rules see rule zero and for canon look at RUE PAGE 372. Only 2 questions need consideration is it fun? Is it balanced?

Gamblers fallacy:(Example): Coin flips are the most common example of the gambler's fallacy. For instance, in a game of heads or tails, many people will bet on tails if there have been several heads in a row.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Re: Forum OCC/RCC creation.

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Well Mt. St. Hellions is known as the keeper of fire, fire fire/elemental forces may be there.

Washington has several major military installations.
Bremerton naval shipyard, Joint base Lewis McChord, close to the manufacturing faculties in Seattle and Tacoma would make a good foundation for a Tech based nation.

In eastern Washington there is the Yakama training center, it is remote and fairly dry so that would be a good location to stockpile military gear in underground bunkers.

Washington has lots of Asians many first generation and seatle has a ninja(tiajitsu) dojo linked to the last ninja grand master. So I would say include some mystic martial arts similar to ninjas and super spies.

The Olympic peninsula has some good woodlands, the only non-tropical rain forest in the world. I would say put an even nation of tree houses there.

The Puget Sound is a good place for an underwater kingdom, other aquatic races need to come through a choke point, so is defensible from other underwater forces. They could trade or raid the surface settlements.

(Honestly I have a my own home brew for WA after all it is where I am from.)
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Hawk258
Adventurer

Unread post by Hawk258 »

Blue_Lion wrote:Well Mt. St. Hellions is known as the keeper of fire, fire fire/elemental forces may be there.

Bremerton naval shipyard, Joint base Lewis McChord, close to the manufacturing faculties in Seattle and Tacoma would make a good foundation for a Tech based nation.

In eastern Washington there is the Yakama training center, it is remote and fairly dry so that would be a good location to stockpile military gear in underground bunkers.

Washington has lots of Asians many first generation and seatle has a ninja(tiajitsu) dojo linked to the last ninja grand master. So I would say include some mystic martial arts similar to ninjas and super spies.

The Olympic peninsula has some good woodlands, the only non-tropical rain forest in the world. I would say put an even nation of tree houses there.

The Puget Sound is a good place for an underwater kingdom, other aquatic races need to come through a choke point, so is defensible from other underwater forces. They could trade or raid the surface settlements.

Thanks, for that, however that isn't quite what I had in mind.

I am offering everyone an opportunity to discuss and design a new class as a whole.

Either the tolkenese begin creating an OCC with specific focus or a new culture is developing or found in the area, as dogboys and mutant experiments may have adapted to the new wilderness or a new d-bee.
When I post an idea, game balance is my only concern. For rules see rule zero and for canon look at RUE PAGE 372. Only 2 questions need consideration is it fun? Is it balanced?

Gamblers fallacy:(Example): Coin flips are the most common example of the gambler's fallacy. For instance, in a game of heads or tails, many people will bet on tails if there have been several heads in a row.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Hawk258 wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:Well Mt. St. Hellions is known as the keeper of fire, fire fire/elemental forces may be there.

Thanks, for that, however that isn't quite what I had in mind.

I am offering everyone an opportunity to discuss and design a new class as a whole.

Either the tolkenese begin creating an OCC with specific focus or a new culture is developing or found in the area, as dogboys and mutant experiments may have adapted to the new wilderness or a new d-bee.

Honestly the stuff I drew up is in my home brewed wa. And I do not feel it is ready to be shared yet.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Sohisohi
Explorer

OCC/RCC Creation

Unread post by Sohisohi »

So the only lore I know about in that area would be crystal/glass mountains: http://americanfolklore.net/folklore/20 ... ntain.html
Basically, depending where you hear it, a hunter will stumble upon it. This hunter will notice many dead birds in a line, when investigating they will discover a glass/crystal wall which birds keep flying into and roll down after their death. Another is where the hunter sees his pray (elk, deer, ect.,). They immediately take aim and fire to no avail. After reload and shot, and reload, and shot again the hunter gets angry and charges the beast with their firearm. Attempting to club the beast they run into a glass/crystal wall, discovering that the pray in question is actually several miles away. I'm fairly certain this is an offshoot of the Glass Mountain Lore found in eastern Europe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Glass ... fairy_tale) , which somehow found it's way out west. Personally I think you can change this into a faction, the "glass mountain" in question is actually a Glass Pyramid which is guarded by powerful Laser Mages and is effectively a shrine to the goddess Idunna or Eris (or a mix of both). Have a tree somewhere inside which grows golden apples, each give a permanent (once, no matter how many eaten) +1 to Beauty, Trust, Intelligence, Horror/Awe, and is a Cure All item all other times. Plus it adds a Pyramid to the game, which is always nice.

Since there are two native tribes in this area, one in Washington and the other in Idaho, you could create a Deer Lady (supernatural being): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deer_Woman
Basically it would be a mix between the werewolf & fairy RCCs, picking the stats and skills you believe best fit the role. I could probably do it, but I'm posting it first to gauge interest.

You could even make a faction based on Welsh Indian Lore: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madoc
Basically it could be a way of introducing Welsh-Celtic mythology into the setting without it being shoehorned in. That being said, this third indian faction is meant to be an east to mid-west kind of deal... So it might not be a fit for this particular setting.
Hawk258
Adventurer

Re: OCC/RCC Creation

Unread post by Hawk258 »

Sohisohi wrote:So the only lore I know about in that area would be crystal/glass mountains: http://americanfolklore.net/folklore/20 ... ntain.html
Basically, depending where you hear it, a hunter will stumble upon it. This hunter will notice many dead birds in a line, when investigating they will discover a glass/crystal wall which birds keep flying into and roll down after their death. Another is where the hunter sees his pray (elk, deer, ect.,). They immediately take aim and fire to no avail. After reload and shot, and reload, and shot again the hunter gets angry and charges the beast with their firearm. Attempting to club the beast they run into a glass/crystal wall, discovering that the pray in question is actually several miles away. I'm fairly certain this is an offshoot of the Glass Mountain Lore found in eastern Europe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Glass ... fairy_tale) , which somehow found it's way out west. Personally I think you can change this into a faction, the "glass mountain" in question is actually a Glass Pyramid which is guarded by powerful Laser Mages and is effectively a shrine to the goddess Idunna or Eris (or a mix of both). Have a tree somewhere inside which grows golden apples, each give a permanent (once, no matter how many eaten) +1 to Beauty, Trust, Intelligence, Horror/Awe, and is a Cure All item all other times. Plus it adds a Pyramid to the game, which is always nice.

Since there are two native tribes in this area, one in Washington and the other in Idaho, you could create a Deer Lady (supernatural being): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deer_Woman
Basically it would be a mix between the werewolf & fairy RCCs, picking the stats and skills you believe best fit the role. I could probably do it, but I'm posting it first to gauge interest.

You could even make a faction based on Welsh Indian Lore: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madoc
Basically it could be a way of introducing Welsh-Celtic mythology into the setting without it being shoehorned in. That being said, this third indian faction is meant to be an east to mid-west kind of deal... So it might not be a fit for this particular setting.

Well I see a possibility here, eastern/southern oregon is mineral rich as well as spoiled with opal, obsidian, as well as quarts. There is also iron and gold and associated minerals and metals.

What if this was a specific faction that is attuned to crystal and can manipulate it? And could follow your deer/ fairy idea as well.

Earth mother r.c.c.?
Alignment: anarchist?
Natural abilities :
Earth manipulation (quartz specific?) Modified earth magic/stone magic?
Lycanmorph deer?
Minor psyonic: commune with animal?
Minor illusion magic?

Hawk258
Adventurer

Unread post by Hawk258 »

As for your "realm" we could play of the elemental aspects and have an area that includes star children, earth children and other rcc that are quasi-elementals? Or creatures of magic?

And the oregon vortex would be the ideal spot for a minor nexus point. It's off the coast of oregon, near the border or California and is a heavily forested mountain range.

burgler81
Explorer

Unread post by burgler81 »

You also have the submarine base in Bremerton and a surface navy base in the area, plus the shipyard mentioned above.
Hawk258
Adventurer

Unread post by Hawk258 »

burgler81 wrote:You also have the submarine base in Bremerton and a surface navy base in the area, plus the shipyard mentioned above.

Well I figured those would be claimed by nemo. Maybe a specialized ground unit for base security?

Blue_Lion
Knight

burgler81 wrote:You also have the submarine base in Bremerton and a surface navy base in the area, plus the shipyard mentioned above.

The Bremerton shipyard.

The relitivaly close proximity to that the manufacturing facilites then when you throgh in Joint base Lewis McCord would be a good foundation for a tech nation.

Sohisohi
Explorer

Re: OCC/RCC Creation

Hawk258 wrote:What if this was a specific faction that is attuned to crystal and can manipulate it?
The reason I suggested laser mages is because, if I recall, they can cast their magic threw optical devices. So imagine being a group of adventurers, who can see their enemy 1 floor above them, but can't shoot through the MDC floor while he casts spells at the party. Though I believe a gem or crystal mage was added to the new Atlantis dimensional book, so you can also use that.

Hawk258 wrote:And could follow your deer/ fairy idea as well.
Figure I'd post this now and get some feed back before further posting.

Deer Lady
This creature of magic is a strange mix of trickster fay and shapeshifter. Many native tribes in central and western America will view this being as a mythological bringer or firtiligy and love, while other see her as a bringer of death and trickery. Truth be told, the Deer Lady can be a fickle mistress; often found playing with dangerous spells as a means of "tricking" women who dance or interact with a man they fancy. They will also lure men of an evil or promiscuous nature to their deaths in the lake they may fancy. Besides this, a Deer Lady will live a fairly solitary life until she finds a human mate, often a noble warrior, and settles down with the man. Although their humanoid features may vary, like all people do, they will always have brown-ish or copper skin. They will also have obsidian black eyes and the hoofed feet, with the legs of, a deer. When not in this form they will take on the shape of a large dire deer; guiding, tricking, and generally playfully interacting with ambitious hunters that come across them in the wilderness. Many carry a particular quirk when dealing with technology, simply using it up and discarding the item once it stops functioning. So although a Deer Lady may utilize a great deal of technological devices, and even have the skills necessary to pilot them, once the energy or ammunition is spent. . . then it is simply cast aside and left to lie in the wilderness. Though, more often then not, a Deer Lady will utilize a Fay Bow, Enchanted Deer Hide, and adorn in whatever trinkets that have caught her gaze.

Limited Invulnerability & Hit Points:
Like Were-Beasts, this creature is invulnerable to virtually all man-made weapons, Mega-Damage energy weapons, explosives, fire, wood, poisons and/or drugs. However, also like Were-Beasts, they are vulnerable to some ordinary times. A spit of chewing tobacco or a puff of smoke from smoked tobacco product will deal 1d6 damage directly to the Hit Points of this magical creature. Ground up or mushed tobacco can be rubbed on or into a weapon dealing 2d6 hit points directly to this creature. WoIfbay/Wolfsbane is a herb that will keep most were-beasts at bay, including this one, the same way that vampires recoil from garlic. Alternatively, tobacco products can be burned like incense to ward a home or area against a Deer Lady. Holy Symbols have no effect, though true Holy Weapons can inflict half their normal damage and can indeed kill a deer lady. Magic weapons and/or spells inflict their normal damage as Hit Point damage (point-for-point conversion). Psianics function as-is, but physical damage is halved via the same damage conversion for magic; this only applies for purely psianic attack, throwing or using the environment to deal damage will deal none. Powerful Mega-Damage attacks and explosions that inflict a great amount of damage may knock the creature down or even stun it, but not outright kill it. Same Knock Down/Impact table as for vampires as see in Rifts® World Book One: Vampire Kingdoms.

OCCs: Will tend to take hunter-like roles, such as Big Game Hunter OCC.

Alignment: Any; but usually Aberrant (25%), Anarchist (25%), or Miscreant (25%).
Attributes:
IQ. 3D6
M.E. 3D6+6
M.A. 3D6+4
PS. 3D6+4 (augmented)
P.P. 3D6+4
P.E. 3D6+6
P.B. 4D6+16 (supernatural)
Spd 3D6+12 in human form or 50 as a deer.
Hit Points: 6D6+20; plus an additional 2D6 per level of experience.
Awe Factor: 12 in the their deer-monster form, 13 when humanoid.
P.P.E: 2d4x10+20
I.S.P: 2d4x5+10
Size: 5-6 foot human, 4-5 foot animal.
Weight: 120 to 300 lbs.

Natural Abilities:
Track by smell: 60% (+10% to follow blood scent)
Nightvision: 300 feet
Bio-regenerates: at 4D6 HP an hour, 6d6 HP in a river/lake, or 8d6 HP if river/lake at: a nexus, layline, area of magic.
Shape-Changing Power: The creature can shape change at will, day or night. The metamorphosis takes about 15 seconds (or one melee round) and there is no limit to the number of times the creature can perform a metamorphosis or how long she can maintain that particular shape.
Black Eye Gaze: Those caught in the transfixing gaze of a Dear Lady are likely to fall under the beast’s mystic charm. A charm that allows the dragon to influence, command and control her enthralled victim(s). The victim must look directly into the black eyes, or eyes of the deer, for this power to take effect. This power does not affect characters piloting vehicles which can see the eyes via video monitor or optical sensor. None electronic scopes and mirrors offer no protection. Gaze into the ladies eyes and you may be under her control if that is what the she desires. The victim may make a save vs mind control (needing 14 or higher) to resist the influence. Black Eye’s Gaze enables the character to control any individual so long as the command does not morally conflict with the controlled alignment. The issuer will feel her charmed victim and instinctively know the charm’s limits and its best applications. For example: The dragon might control an opponent and tell him to, “Close your eyes and stand in a corner,” or “You are very tired, go to sleep,” or, “Those people need your help, go to them and help them”, or “That building’s on fire, you must go and rescue anybody trapped inside.” The closer the command is to the nature and alignment of the victim, the more likely the charmed person is to comply without hesitation. A command like, “Prevent your friends from entering this room" can also be effective, especially if a statement like, “Great danger waits beyond this room, don’t let anybody enter,” is added to it, because it is not abhorrent, nor morally wrong. In fact, it may save lives. The charmed character has not been told to hurt anybody, only to try to prevent them from entering the room. The individual will use whatever methods or degree of force natural for his alignment and based on his relationship with the character(s) he’s restraining. On the other hand, a command to “kill“ a friend, family member or teammate would instantly break the mind control. Note that it is difficult (if not impossible) to charm someone in the middle of combat or any intense activity because any being would be too preoccupied, busy, distracted by fighting to take a meaning full look into the black eyes of a Deer Lady. Finally, the limit to the number of people that can be controlled at any given times is +1 for every odd level of experience at a duration of two minutes (or 8 melee rounds) per level of experience. Range is 50 feet, or less, but the range of influence is 1000 feet; no cost.

Magic:
Metamorphosis (special; see above): at will
Jinx Magic (conversion book 1 revised)
The Faeries' Dance
See the Invisible
Repel Animals
Tongues
Psionic:
See the Invisible
Sixth Sense
Mind Block

Attacks per Melee: Five natural in deer form, but only three in human.
Bonuses (in addition to attributes):
+1 on initiative
+2 to strike and parry
+3 to dodge
+1 to pull punch
+2 to roll with impact/fall
+6 to save vs Horror Factor
+2 to save vs psionics
+2 to save vs magic

Damage:
Human:
(P/R/OCCs HtH selection)
Wolf:
1d6 MDC Bite/Head Bunt
2d6 MDC Hind Legs Kick
3D6 MDC Trample (counts as two attacks)
4D6 MDC Power Charge (counts as two attacks).

Average Life Span: 180 to 240 years.
Habitat: Canada, USA, and Mexico; wherever native peoples can be found with a limited presence in South America. They prefer temperate climates, preferably close to a lake and forest, but are attracted to areas of magic nevertheless.

Enemies: Supernatural predators, Psi-Stalkers, Evil D-Bees, and most other bad humanoids. May also see other species of Were-Beasts as rivals and as-such engage in battles over territory or for other reason.

Allies: May join forces with other supernatural creatures or humans; but tend to keep to their own kind or the fay and fair-folk found in their habitats.
Last edited by Sohisohi on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hawk258
Adventurer

Unread post by Hawk258 »

I like it.

Though I am not sure I am clear on the lazer mage, is the lens a wand or medium to cast spells through?

Sohisohi
Explorer

Hawk258 wrote:I like it.
Though I am not sure I am clear on the lazer mage, is the lens a wand or medium to cast spells through?

So that's what I though, but after looking through rifter 38, it seems I was mistaken.
Hawk258
Adventurer

Unread post by Hawk258 »

They are interesting, and would likely be complementary to phantom RCC and star children.

Sohisohi
Explorer

OCC/RCC

Since the Phantom RCC can also be treated as a race, you could make a few of them star children and laser mages- on top of straight RCCs.
At least this way the Pyramid can have it's own culture since I know Phantom's don't fallow human morals and the such.

Also, someone did the leg work in rearguards to the gem powers that stone mages use:
viewtopic.php?f=105&t=153413#p2962599
Paired with what little there is in that new Dimensions 15, you should have enough to create a purely gemstone mage class.
I don't think you'll find a purely gemstone manipulation wizard OCC do to the the importance and use of gems in the megaverse.
That all being said, I'll double check the Rifters because. . . who knows. . . might be in there.

I also made my final touches to the Deer Lady, feel free to suggest any improvements.
Hawk258
Adventurer

Re: OCC/RCC

Unread post by Hawk258 »

Sohisohi wrote:Since the Phantom RCC can also be treated as a race, you could make a few of them star children and laser mages- on top of straight RCCs.
At least this way the Pyramid can have it's own culture since I know Phantom's don't fallow human morals and the such.

Also, someone did the leg work in rearguards to the gem powers that stone mages use:
http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/v ... 3#p2962599
Paired with what little there is in that new Dimensions 15, you should have enough to create a purely gemstone mage class.
I don't think you'll find a purely gemstone manipulation wizard OCC do to the the importance and use of gems in the megaverse.
That all being said, I'll double check the Rifters because. . . who knows. . . might be in there.

I also made my final touches to the Deer Lady, feel free to suggest any improvements.

Well as lazer mages star children and phantoms would be naturals.

I will read up on the link. Thank you. I am also combing the rifter and have added a neighbor (Sherwood park) and vulblud (rcc?) Tribe. I mention them in my northwest co-op thread.

As for the deer lady awesome.

Return to “Rifts®”