RIFTS partial borg AR

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cowpunch
Newb

RIFTS partial borg AR

Unread post by cowpunch »

It seems to me that there would be an AR for a partial borg who has MDC limbs but not an MDC body. DO Partial borgs just get to be considered MDC everywhere because their skeletons are MDC? I looked in Bionics and the Main source book and I'm not really seeing anything for this anywhere. How are other people playing these?
dreicunan
Hero

Re: RIFTS partial borg AR

Unread post by dreicunan »

cowpunch wrote:It seems to me that there would be an AR for a partial borg who has MDC limbs but not an MDC body. DO Partial borgs just get to be considered MDC everywhere because their skeletons are MDC? I looked in Bionics and the Main source book and I'm not really seeing anything for this anywhere. How are other people playing these?

Since you hit the main body unless you do a called shot, MDC limbs and SDC main body means that if you get hit, the squishy parts of you take the damage. Wear mdc armor. I'm unaware of any rules granting AR for having limbs (might have appeared in a Rifter).
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Rifts tends not to use ar. But as the only way to hit the arms or legs is a called shot they would not logically grant an ar.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

I could see if you already had AR due to Cyber-Armor (which covers torso) if you had bionic limbs in place of what would normally be fleshy bits for Cyber-Armor that perhaps it might be reason to request the GM to tweak that AR up some.

Return to “Rifts®”