Need help: Dinosaur Swamp Game

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hadeshorn
D-Bee

Need help: Dinosaur Swamp Game

Unread post by Hadeshorn »

I need some help coming up with a second character for a dinosaur swamp campaign.

My original character, a mastadonoid spirit warrior, is leaving the party due to a dynamic shift following the death of 2 other characters.

The party is as follows:

Human TW
Demi God Necro/Eco Wizard
Atlantean LLW
Grackletooth Big Game Hunter

I'd been going to play a Sepumbran Witch Wolf Russian Night Witch but when I realized I'd be packing a Supernatural PS of 77 at night, I decided I was a tad OP for this game.

So I need something in the minor MDC category that won't hate rolling around with at least one "evil" guy.

Someone in my group suggested a Corrupt from FoM, which is a solid maybe.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Re: Need help: Dinosaur Swamp Game

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

well it really comes down to what books you have.
The group does seam magic heavy.
You appear to want fit the group dynamic and have combat abilities seam like your goal.

A rouge/freeborn mutant cat from Lonestar(battle cat race) mystic knight would be strong party member.

The location could lend to a escaped blind warrior woman, might fit in as well.

Perhaps a the d-bee Simvan monster rider race left his tribe on a spiritual journey, or left his tribe.

A feral CS battle cat.-good tracking, and hunting skills and can use TW items.

Human shifter.

Wild psi-stalker.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

I'll go a little off the beaten path and recommend a Yeno (DBoNA p215, and Canada p139). It's a SDC being, but has a natural MDC force field (2D4x10 + PE, +3D6/level). It fires a couple different energy bolts. It takes just about any military or criminal OCC, and would have no problem associating with an evil character.

---EDIT---
Other suggestions:
- Lyvorrk (DBoA p130). Lizard-man spell caster with real low MDC (about 25 at level 1).
- Demon-Dragonmage (DBoA p58). Spell caster with high MDC (about 170 at level 1).
- Witch (Dark Conversions, p170). Depending on the pact and 'gift,' you can tailor this character to the abilities you want (Magic, Psionics, Supernatural abilities, or a combo). Especially with a little leeway from the GM.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Hadeshorn
D-Bee

Unread post by Hadeshorn »

Thanks but I'm going with a Lemurian Biomancer Gene-Mage
Hawk258
Adventurer
Comment: Chuckie Sullivan "Applesauce B!%@#"

Unread post by Hawk258 »

If I were In your position i'd probably do a Phoenixi if I could.
When I post an idea, game balance is my only concern. For rules see rule zero and for canon look at RUE PAGE 372. Only 2 questions need consideration is it fun? Is it balanced?

Gamblers fallacy:(Example): Coin flips are the most common example of the gambler's fallacy. For instance, in a game of heads or tails, many people will bet on tails if there have been several heads in a row.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Hawk258 wrote:If I were In your position i'd probably do a Phoenixi if I could.

This is a great one but if you have WB:4 Africa you could also play Ramen / Knights of Ra Pg. 62. Light MDC, supernatural PS, psi and maybe some magic.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Hawk258
Adventurer
Comment: Chuckie Sullivan "Applesauce B!%@#"

Unread post by Hawk258 »

Warshield73 wrote:
Hawk258 wrote:If I were In your position i'd probably do a Phoenixi if I could.

This is a great one but if you have WB:4 Africa you could also play Ramen / Knights of Ra Pg. 62. Light MDC, supernatural PS, psi and maybe some magic.

Only reason I would go with Phoenixi is natural flight, 6d6x10 MDC, fast regen from as low as -30 mdc and fire based abilities including additional MDC from burst into flame.
Which gives a possible max mdc of 389 and able to regen after 419 MDC worth of damage.
When I post an idea, game balance is my only concern. For rules see rule zero and for canon look at RUE PAGE 372. Only 2 questions need consideration is it fun? Is it balanced?

Gamblers fallacy:(Example): Coin flips are the most common example of the gambler's fallacy. For instance, in a game of heads or tails, many people will bet on tails if there have been several heads in a row.

Return to “Rifts®”