Where can I find prices for organic MDC armor?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jburkett
Wanderer

Where can I find prices for organic MDC armor?

Unread post by jburkett »

Hello All, are there prices listed in any of the source books for MDC armor made from MDC creatures, etc. I am also looking for full stats (MDC by location, weight, etc.). The only stat I can find is on an old Game Master shield for Fury Beetle Armor (which is really heavy). In addition, I would also like to know if there is information some where about salvaging MDC materials from these beasts. Say, if my group kills a Fury Beetle or a Devil Unicorn can they harvest and sell the plating, skin, whatever. How much per MDC could they get for it? What skills would they need to fashion their own MDC armor from this stuff? Anyhoo, I know that is a lot of questions. I will soon have a Battle Mage in the group and these questions have come up (character starts with a set of MDC armor made from organic material). Thanks in advance for all your input! Cheers!
HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Re: Where can I find prices for organic MDC armor?

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

Dinosaur Swamp has some stats and prices for Steelwood armor and some other organic equipment.
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Various organic/Hide MDC armor, stats might be incomplete (ex no cost or weight):
WB21 one of the shop keepers (Wrapped in Leather) deals in MDC Leather
WB14 in various animal entries mentions making MDC tents or clothes out of hides
WB20 has the Fury beetle armor
WB6 has enchanted armor in the Biomancy section, Pogtailian Dragonslayers also have Dragon Hide armor stats
WB26 has Steeltree, but also some hide armors (might be in respective animal entries)
WB9 has hide armor in Larhold section
jburkett
Wanderer

Unread post by jburkett »

ShadowLogan wrote:Various organic/Hide MDC armor, stats might be incomplete (ex no cost or weight):
WB14 in various animal entries mentions making MDC tents or clothes out of hides
WB6 has enchanted armor in the Biomancy section, Pogtailian Dragonslayers also have Dragon Hide armor stats
WB26 has Steeltree, but also some hide armors (might be in respective animal entries)

Thanks ShadowLogan. I have all but the last two books here so I will check these out. I think this would have been a good topic for a Rifter supplement or something. Y'know, just to put it all in one place and apply some general game mechanics to them (for the enterprising trapper/hunter). Cheers!
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

jburkett wrote:
ShadowLogan wrote:Various organic/Hide MDC armor, stats might be incomplete (ex no cost or weight):

Thanks ShadowLogan. I have all but the last two books here so I will check these out. I think this would have been a good topic for a Rifter supplement or something. Y'know, just to put it all in one place and apply some general game mechanics to them (for the enterprising trapper/hunter). Cheers!

There was also a mostly MDC leather duster in new west.
An errly rifter on TW had MDC leather flight suit and flight jacket. (Think it was issue 2.)
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.

Return to “Rifts®”