Portable Sentry Turrets?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Portable Sentry Turrets?

Unread post by Bill »

I can't recall which books I've seen them in. Where are they published?

Thanks!
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: Portable Sentry Turrets?

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Bill wrote:I can't recall which books I've seen them in. Where are they published?

Thanks!

hmmm... there are some in atlantis i think. the kittani make some. they've got 4 spider legs so they're not 100% turrets, but they are designed to basically crawl slowly to a place, grab on, and act as a turret.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Rifts Japan(and Rifts Game Master Guide pgs 140-141) ARC-2 'Nighthawk' Defense System.

Rifts Northern Gun 1 (pg 212)NG-101 -ARG Automated Rail Gun.

Rifts Atlantis (and Rifts Game Master Guide pgs 146)Kittani K-1000 Spider Defense System.

Not 'turrets' as much as automated sentry guns.

Rifts Canada has a few standardized Tundra Ranger bunkers, but I don't think they qualify as 'portable'.
Rifts Siege of Tolkeen also has an airportable(if you're a dragon or gargoyle) bunker, but that's manned, rather than automated.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Also I believe they had a rail gun turret in Triax. Portable can be a fairly relative. There is man portable, vehicle portable.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Hawk258
Adventurer
Comment: Chuckie Sullivan "Applesauce B!%@#"

Unread post by Hawk258 »

Doesn't Naruni have some? Or NGR?
When I post an idea, game balance is my only concern. For rules see rule zero and for canon look at RUE PAGE 372. Only 2 questions need consideration is it fun? Is it balanced?

Gamblers fallacy:(Example): Coin flips are the most common example of the gambler's fallacy. For instance, in a game of heads or tails, many people will bet on tails if there have been several heads in a row.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

taalismn wrote:Rifts Japan(and Rifts Game Master Guide pgs 140-141) ARC-2 'Nighthawk' Defense System.

Rifts Northern Gun 1 (pg 212)NG-101 -ARG Automated Rail Gun.

Rifts Atlantis (and Rifts Game Master Guide pgs 146)Kittani K-1000 Spider Defense System.

Not 'turrets' as much as automated sentry guns.

Rifts Canada has a few standardized Tundra Ranger bunkers, but I don't think they qualify as 'portable'.
Rifts Siege of Tolkeen also has an airportable(if you're a dragon or gargoyle) bunker, but that's manned, rather than automated.

The NG-101 ARG can also be found in MercOps.

Siege on Tolkeen 6 has various portable bunkers, not just air portable but also carry/pull along versions on land.

Wellignton Industries also has the SAWS mines in Mercenaries, they might do ( have multi-shot/reload capability).

If we expand it to automated/robot defense systems the list does expand to Triax (SB1/WB5, WB31), NG (SB1), Naruni (destructo-drones: Mecenearies, Wave 2), Kittani (WB2), Bandito (New West, the dog bot), CS (Skelebots).

IIRC the Glittergirl gun in WB22 can be detached and fire by automatic or remote. You might also be able to improvise something from units with automated weapon systems either by salvage/kit-bashing or just set the system to on (if it has IFF).

Magical and Psionic options also exist, though clientele are likely to be more limited but, Atlantis does have Rune Statues (WB2), Dinosaur Swamp has TW "guard" poles (WB26), then you have things like golem/mummie/zombie/etc, some specific power/spells also work in this capacity.
Blackwater Sniper
Explorer
Comment: The only bad character is the one you didn't put on paper.

Unread post by Blackwater Sniper »

Or you could make one of your own. There are plenty of battle sites to plunder material.

Give it a stable shooting platform, range of motion, possibly the ability to swarm and work tactically with other drones, and put an appropriate weapon on board.

If it is slapped together with used parts and in someone's garage give it 10-25% chance of malfunctioning per round.
So what if I don’t know what apocalypse means? It’s not the end of the world!
tobefrnk
Adventurer

Unread post by tobefrnk »

Bandit 6000 BigBore Automated Sentry Gun in the Rifts Black Market sourcebook.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

tobefrnk wrote:Bandit 6000 BigBore Automated Sentry Gun in the Rifts Black Market sourcebook.

D'oh! Missed tha6 one!
Oh yeah, because my copy was buried under twelve other books....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

You can also use the robot creation rules in Revised Sourcebook 1. That's what I use in a pinch and it's quite good.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Weren't there some automatic missile defense turretsi n Mercs?
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Axelmania wrote:Weren't there some automatic missile defense turretsi n Mercs?

Sort of they where treated more like ranged multi shot mines.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.

Return to “Rifts®”