Clever Uses For Negate Mechanics?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LostOne
Champion

Clever Uses For Negate Mechanics?

Unread post by LostOne »

What are some good tricks people have pulled with the spell Negate Mechanics?
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Blue_Lion
Knight

Re: Clever Uses For Negate Mechanics?

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Triggers, knees of bots and power armor running. steering Colum of an open air vehicle. One GM allowed a player to negate the spinning of a gaint robots gyro stabilizer. One player used it to delay the activation of a remove pressure goes off land mine.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
DD The Shmey
Explorer

Re: Clever Uses For Negate Mechanics?

Unread post by DD The Shmey »

I cast negate mechanics on a line on my character sheet, then proceeded to take 144 melee actions in one melee. The GM said I was breaking the game mechanics, and I said, "sure, that's what the spell is for."

Return to “Rifts®”