D-Step Question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

legionpete
D-Bee

D-Step Question

Unread post by legionpete »

D-Step allows a character to side step into another dimension. Only shifters or temporal mages can follow him. While in that dimension, he can see but not hear, smell, etc. He is also impervious to anything that occurs while d-stepped.

1. Can he move? I'd assume yes, but the spell doesn't say he can, only that he can see.
2. He is impervious to to anything that occurs, but, can he interact with objects? Chairs, doors, etc? If he d-steps in a locked room, is he trapped or does he have the ability to also ghost through things?
2b. If he can move and if he can't ghost, if the building he is in collapses when he comes back is he then crushed by that debris?
2c. If he can interact with the environment, open doors, etc. can he also cast spells and affect those in the other reality. Its a different dimension so I would assume not, but if he can pick up a chair and move it and it get moved in the other dimesion I'd have to think he can.

Any clarity would be great.
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Re: D-Step Question

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

I do not think the character can move. Take a look at the D-Shift Ghost phase power in the Phase World book page 33. It clearly states the character can move and quotes a speed. D-Step contains no such language.
HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Re: D-Step Question

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

legionpete wrote:D-Step allows a character to side step into another dimension. Only shifters or temporal mages can follow him. While in that dimension, he can see but not hear, smell, etc. He is also impervious to anything that occurs while d-stepped.

1. Can he move? I'd assume yes, but the spell doesn't say he can, only that he can see.
2. He is impervious to to anything that occurs, but, can he interact with objects? Chairs, doors, etc? If he d-steps in a locked room, is he trapped or does he have the ability to also ghost through things?
2b. If he can move and if he can't ghost, if the building he is in collapses when he comes back is he then crushed by that debris?
2c. If he can interact with the environment, open doors, etc. can he also cast spells and affect those in the other reality. Its a different dimension so I would assume not, but if he can pick up a chair and move it and it get moved in the other dimesion I'd have to think he can.

Any clarity would be great.

The spell states he can see (not hear, smell, etc (that "etc" covers alot)) "as if standing right where he was" and it doesn't mention being able to move, so I would rule that he can't move or interact. Others will disagree.
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Return to “Rifts®”