Megaversal Legion and the Minion War

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Salcor
Wanderer

Megaversal Legion and the Minion War

Unread post by Salcor »

I have been looking around, and was wondering if there is any indication that the Megaversal Legion is involved in the.Minion War (out in the megaverse?). Seems like a conflict that they might get drug into, and might lead to a butt kic...errr I mean balancing of a group that many in the community thinks is over powered.

Salcor
taalismn
Priest

Re: Megaversal Legion and the Minion War

Unread post by taalismn »

Salcor wrote:I have been looking around, and was wondering if there is any indication that the Megaversal Legion is involved in the.Minion War (out in the megaverse?). Seems like a conflict that they might get drug into, and might lead to a butt kic...errr I mean balancing of a group that many in the community thinks is over powered.

Salcor

They probably already have some ideas that they're lacking in ability to deal with heavy-duty magic users and other paranormals, and so avoid taking contracts that have them pitched alone against such enemies, so they're likely to encounter the Infernals either in a setting where they don't get enough intel and were expecting to fight somebody else, or they're on the defensive, protecting somebody's ass(ets) gains attack.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

depends who's writing at the time.

in one place we've got numbers for the total inhabitants of one of the demon worlds as being something like a few million as i recall. something hilariously low, in any event. in others we've got them taking on entire galaxies.

in any event, it seems incredibly unlikely that in all their fighting they've not fought any major magical forces. particularly considering where they live. but even without that, they've fought against the splugorth, who use plenty of magic. in fact, they've probably fought against the splugorth quite frequently.

and then there's stuff like the fact that they apparently achieved a 100:1 kill ratio in their favour against the mechanoids when holding off billions of them to allow a planet time to evacuate. frankly, i gotta assume there's something about their capabilities that we're not being told about, because that kind of ratio is bonkers, and it isn't like the mechanoids are chumps on an individual basis either.

anyways, it's pretty much super inconsistent. if you want it to happen, have it happen. both sides have pretty much arbitrary numbers and capabilities that change from paragraph to paragraph, more or less.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Shark_Force wrote:depends who's writing at the time.

anyways, it's pretty much super inconsistent. if you want it to happen, have it happen. both sides have pretty much arbitrary numbers and capabilities that change from paragraph to paragraph, more or less.

Wot he sed! WAAAAUGH!
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound

Return to “Rifts®”