Best/Favorite Pistols and Melee Weapons For Juicers

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LostOne
Champion

Best/Favorite Pistols and Melee Weapons For Juicers

Unread post by LostOne »

What is your favorite pistol and one-handed melee weapons for a TW Juicer? Tech, TW and magical are all ok.

Damage is great, unusual abilities like stunning or knocking down opponents are also great.

My problem is I (and the rest of my group) tend to go for rifles and swords, but for this character I'm feeling more like pistols and knives/hatchets/tomahawks or something, change it up.

Probably end up going Juicer Assassin and taking sharpshooting in the pistols and use paired weapons, but great melee is also necessary at times.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Best/Favorite Pistols and Melee Weapons For Juicers

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I always liked the NG Super, but I'm old-school and I like combo-guns.

Go for the FIWS. Then you've got ranged and melee both covered.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Killer Cyborg wrote:I always liked the NG Super, but I'm old-school and I like combo-guns.

Remind me where that is?

I've never really liked the FIWS. But in this case I'll re-evaluate it for this character.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

LostOne wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:I always liked the NG Super, but I'm old-school and I like combo-guns.

Remind me where that is?

I've never really liked the FIWS. But in this case I'll re-evaluate it for this character.

Juicer Uprising, p. 71-72

I'm not a big fan myself--it's a bit over-powered, and a bit cheesy.
But it's not horrible, especially compared to some of the other stuff, and it's a pretty good weapon (or set of weapons) overall.
The short range (500') is a downside, but you can always have a rifle (or paired Wilk's pistols) in case of long range encounters.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

I meant where is the NG Super? :)
shadrak
Champion

Unread post by shadrak »

LostOne wrote:I meant where is the NG Super? :)

NG Super is RUE or RMB...the laser pistol with grenade launcher.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

shadrak wrote:
LostOne wrote:I meant where is the NG Super? :)

NG Super is RUE or RMB...the laser pistol with grenade launcher.

RUE Pg 269 or WB 33, Pg 191

The Juicer I have for my convention games is currently armed with
- 2 NE-6 "Magnum" Naruni Plasma Cartridge Revolvers, with speed loaders. The stats are in DB 3 - Phase World Sourcebook (1D4X10 MD, 500 feet, 6 shot cylinder) but it is listed in Naruni Wave 2 so it is available on Rifts Earth.
- 2 NE-RV07 Naruni Ripper style Vibro Axes Naruni Wave 2, Pg 24
These are vicious looking weapons and gives the player options of 2 guns - 1 gun 1 axe - 2 axes
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Oooh, I had missed those ripper vibro blades when I skimmed Naruni Wave 2. Those are actually pretty decent, especially with the silvering.

I've always been pretty underwhelmed with the pistol selection. My go-to's in the past have been the Manoan SK Stun Gun (south america) for multipurpose use of lightning bolts or the agony spell and the TW Snare Gun (magic net) from New West. Problem being the things you tend to really need the agony or magic net on makes the saving throws. For standard tech pistols I tend to grab the NG Long Pistol from juicer uprising.

I looked at the FIWS again and while it is the best damage of the suggestions here it's also pretty cheesy IMO so that's a hard pass, at least for this character.

As for the Naruni pistols, I've never been a fan of those because the ammo is mentioned to be kinda scarce on Rifts Earth so buy it in bulk and stock up when you can. This GM is definitely a stickler for that. He rolls every time you stop in and there's only like a 10% chance (I think) it's ever in stock.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

If you can get something exotic, the Arkhon TB-9s are pretty good.

LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

I had completely forgotten about those. Those would be ideal, I'll have to see if they're an option.
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

Well the Juicers in my games can't pass up a Chainsaw
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

LostOne wrote:Oooh, I had missed those ripper vibro blades when I skimmed Naruni Wave 2. Those are actually pretty decent, especially with the silvering.

I had always been underwhelmed by melee weapons in Rifts, they are just so weak. Two guys fighting with vibro swards in even light armor take weeks to whittle each other down. The Rippers really are the first tech melee weapon that is worth anything, IMHO.

LostOne wrote:As for the Naruni pistols, I've never been a fan of those because the ammo is mentioned to be kinda scarce on Rifts Earth so buy it in bulk and stock up when you can. This GM is definitely a stickler for that. He rolls every time you stop in and there's only like a 10% chance (I think) it's ever in stock.

Yeah I know some people make the ammo super rare. I make the guns extremely rare and a box or crate of the ammo is about 5%. But a rifle or pistol clip with 1D4 rounds in it can be found in battle areas, junk shops.

If you want earth tech Triax particle beam pistols are pretty good.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Rifts®”