Spells or Abilities that Reload Weapons?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LostOne
Champion

Spells or Abilities that Reload Weapons?

Unread post by LostOne »

Are there any spells in Rifts that reload weapons (physical or energy ammo, either/or)?

All I can think of is the ability the Mystic Knights and Order of the Rose gets to refill energy weapons. Malvoren. Is there anything else that can do something similar?
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Spells or Abilities that Reload Weapons?

Unread post by eliakon »

The spell "Sub-Particle Acceleration" can be used to charge E-Clips.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

If you're allowed to use it, the Ludicrous Mage has a spell that essentially gives you unlimited ammo for its duration.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Also, check out the Psi-Mechanic from BTS2.
TK bullets.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Psi-Slinger in WB14 New West might fit the bill
Gizmoteer in WB9 South America 2 (after converting it to run on psychic energy)

Techno-Wizard devices can be recharged/reloaded via simple PPE and/or ISP expenditure by mages or psychics, and TW does come in pure varieties.

A Techno-Wizard could probably make a device.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

LostOne wrote:Are there any spells in Rifts that reload weapons (physical or energy ammo, either/or)?

All I can think of is the ability the Mystic Knights and Order of the Rose gets to refill energy weapons. Malvoren. Is there anything else that can do something similar?

Yes.
The orginal TW weapons are recharged by casting spells.
A TW laser was recharged with 10 shots for 2 spells costing 7 PPE. See page 92 of Rifts RPG. (the orginal rifts book)
This was changed to just 7 ppe in the book of magic. See page 323 in the book of magic.
So this woulld fall under what TW is known to do.
They have a known ability to convert weapons to run on PPE/spells.
Lasers did 2d6 with 10 shots, ion was 3d6 with 10 shots, plasma 4d6(1d4X10 on lley line) six shots and lighting(old particle weapon converssion was 5d6) with 6 shots.
This is inconsitent with the TW guidlines in RUE that basically just focus on one aspect of TW.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

To be clear, my question is not limited to TW weapons. I'm wondering if there are magical ways (like a specific spell or other class/race abilities not yet listed here) to refill conventional weapons. A spell that replaces spent ammo in a 9mm weapon, or refills the drum on a rail gun or refill the traditional e-clip of an energy weapon that isn't converted for TW use.
Last edited by LostOne on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

Everyone I know of has been mentioned.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

LostOne wrote:To be clear, my question is not limited to TW weapons. I'm wondering if there are magical ways (like a specific spell or other class/race abilities not yet listed here) to refill conventional weapons. A spell that replaces spent ammo in a 9mm weapon, or refills the drum on a rail gun or refill the traditional e-clip of an energy weapon that isn't converted for TW use.

Think all the ways that do it have been covered.
I do not think any one thought it was limited to TW even though it is a class ability that can be shared so it allows for the most charters to use it. It was simply brought up because it can do what you where looking for.(Depending on the GM they may be able to do all the things you listed.)
Recharging e-clips is typically set up by a charter that can make a recharger.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

LostOne wrote:To be clear, my question is not limited to TW weapons. I'm wondering if there are magical ways (like a specific spell or other class/race abilities not yet listed here) to refill conventional weapons. A spell that replaces spent ammo in a 9mm weapon, or refills the drum on a rail gun or refill the traditional e-clip of an energy weapon that isn't converted for TW use.

Not in rifts canon.
There is a rifter class with this ability (the warmage and warbaby I believe)
Also in BTS2 there is a psychic ability to create 'psi bullets' for guns.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Rifts®”