hook line & sinker: Desperate Measures......

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

slade2501
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the baddies I shoot, and their bodies I loot; Oh RNJesus, you I salute!

hook line & sinker: Desperate Measures......

Unread post by slade2501 »

Hook: The Coalition has a sudden demon problem, a troop shortage and an over abundance (3.1 million suits) of stockpiled Original SAMAS power armor, with no one to pilot them. They sit in several warehouses, collecting dust rather than putting holes in monsters. The Coalition needs men fighting monsters now more than ever. Desperate times call for.....

Line: In the next town they encounter, the players discover Coalition Troopers are offering a free suit of Original Style SAMAS power armor to any human or D-bee (!) pilot that can show basic piloting skill and pass a psychic scan on their willingness to fight the demon threat. The CS troopers have several transports of at least three dozen suits, all of which look battle ready.

Sinker: the Coalition is using their most outdated, unchecked equipment to throw cannon fodder at a deadly enemy (the suits are un-tuned (half normal combat bonuses and -1 attacks per melee round), no missiles and 25% ammo in each drum). The suits are also rigged with radio kill switches that will shut down the armor completely on radio command (just in case someone gets ideas about selling it or going rogue). Several demon hordes in the area are on the active hunt for anyone wearing these suits or Coalition Colors in general. The Coalition sees this as a win-win situation of ridding the land of both undesirable D-bees and their human friends while also killing the foul demon creatures infesting the countryside. Its also free propaganda that coalition equipment and men are always defending the earth from extra-dimensional threats.
Jorick
Dungeon Crawler

Re: hook line & sinker: Desperate Measures......

Unread post by Jorick »

I like it!

Return to “Rifts®”